AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-10, 13:26   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
didnt Chiie have a certain connection with Aoi?
not sure if she's called Chiie, i mean the Pearl with glasses
Old 2006-02-10, 14:17   Link #2
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
didnt Chiie have a certain connection with Aoi?
not sure if she's called Chiie, i mean the Pearl with glasses
They appear to be longtime friends (and in one episode, it was suggested that they've been dating).
Old 2006-02-10, 14:26   Link #3
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
They appear to be longtime friends (and in one episode, it was suggested that they've been dating).
Wasn't there a Mai HiME DVD special or something or other that suggested they were more than friends?
I never saw it I just remember reading about it somewhere.
As for Mai Otome the girl that Chie said she was on a date with looked like it could have been Aoi to me, but then again maybe not.
Old 2006-02-10, 14:33   Link #4
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Wasn't there a Mai HiME DVD special or something or other that suggested they were more than friends?
As for Mai Otome the girl that Chie said she was on a date with looked like it could have been Aoi to me, but then again maybe not.
I remember people talking about that too... but watching it over, I'm not sure how people came to that conclusion. Anyhow, in MO, Chie and Aoi definately went on what Chie called a date
Old 2006-02-10, 14:38   Link #5
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
They tried that and it didn't work out so they decided to remain friends.

In Mai Otome Chie was on a date with Aoi to discuss issues regarding Mashiro.

There are no connections (Of the spirit or power of that kind) but they are good friends.
Old 2006-02-10, 15:52   Link #6
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
what would she think if she would find out that her gf died like that
omg

omg i find her last smile soooo sad

Spoiler for Aoi:
Old 2006-02-10, 15:52   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
I remember people talking about that too... but watching it over, I'm not sure how people came to that conclusion. Anyhow, in MO, Chie and Aoi definately went on what Chie called a date
If we are talking about the same special. They both naked and in bed i say they were a tab more then friends at least for that one night
Old 2006-02-10, 15:55   Link #8
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
They tried that and it didn't work out so they decided to remain friends.

In Mai Otome Chie was on a date with Aoi to discuss issues regarding Mashiro.

There are no connections (Of the spirit or power of that kind) but they are good friends.
Honestly, we don't know anything about their relationship that's concrete in Mai Otome other than they know each other, possibly friends, possibly more. In Mai Hime, they were the Ambiguously Gay Duo. We can imply that Chie was on a date with Aoi to discuss Mashiro, but we don't know that for sure. There was nothing said to indicate that the discussion of Mashiro did not happen prior to that date. Unless you've got concrete proof to the contrary, I'd say that last bit is more your opinion than fact.

Last edited by Kieli; 2006-02-10 at 16:05.
Old 2006-02-10, 17:25   Link #9
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

My post with the link on Aoi/Chie MH relationship proof...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=84
The whole discussion,,,
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=27694&page=4

The website...
http://moyism.com/misuzu/2005/04/mai...ra-ii#more-172

...Enough evidence for you?
Old 2006-02-10, 18:01   Link #10
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
Honestly, we don't know anything about their relationship that's concrete in Mai Otome other than they know each other, possibly friends, possibly more. In Mai Hime, they were the Ambiguously Gay Duo.
Yeah, they tried it and then decided just to be friends.

Quote:
We can imply that Chie was on a date with Aoi to discuss Mashiro, but we don't know that for sure. There was nothing said to indicate that the discussion of Mashiro did not happen prior to that date. Unless you've got concrete proof to the contrary, I'd say that last bit is more your opinion than fact.
Well let's see here, Nao asks what Chie was doing there, Chie says "On a date. Someone I know wanted to discuss something with me."

When mashiro and Arika talk afterwards, Aoi says, "Chie...thank you. It's just like you said"

They are good friends with each other, whether or not their actually in love is up to debate but is irrelevant. As Chie told Aoi, she'll always be there for her.
Old 2006-02-10, 18:39   Link #11
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Chie likes to play around with her words alot. That and I can see a bit of a 'mild prankster' in her. She likes to have fun and shocking people definitely is her type of 'fun'. ^^ Although calling an outing with Aoi a 'date' doesn't shock Nao or Shiho much anymore, that type of playing around probably did shock Shiho at least when they were Coral. Waitaminute, she still does it from time to time (ie 'unveiling' Erstin's superior assests in front of Shiho XD)

Despite all that, she does a pretty good job of being an Oneesama to the Corals - keeping things light and casual when not in front of the teachers. Too bad she got the 'bad apple' Tomoe. ^^;

Still I wonder why Windbloom chose Aoi to be Mashiro's personal maid. It would make sense if Aoi was Garderobe-trained but she didn't pass the Coral-to-Pearl transition. Aoi would have been already trained perfectly as a stand-in maid for Mashiro until she became Queen and contracted a Meister. But, Aoi was never the fighting type, so I can't imagine her being a Garderobe-'reject', much less pulling a 'Rena' and whipping out daggers on the mob to fight her way through and take Mashiro with her. That would have been cool...crazy, but cool. I just hope this doesn't mean that Chie-chan will have her turn to bite the dust...
Old 2006-02-10, 18:44   Link #12
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
My post with the link on Aoi/Chie MH relationship proof...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=84
The whole discussion,,,
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=27694&page=4

The website...
http://moyism.com/misuzu/2005/04/mai...ra-ii#more-172

...Enough evidence for you?
I wasn't talking about the MH Aoi/Chie. But you may or may not have been addressing me in particular. I think many people took the omake in very different ways. Speculation is not necessarily proof, it's just that, speculation.
Quote:
Well let's see here, Nao asks what Chie was doing there, Chie says "On a date. Someone I know wanted to discuss something with me."

When mashiro and Arika talk afterwards, Aoi says, "Chie...thank you. It's just like you said"
Those are two separate occasions and even then, Chie could've discussed these things with her not necessarily on the date. Those talks could've taken place at any time. *shrug* Those two lines are not definitive enough for me to say one way or the other. They're too vague IMO.

There has been some speculation elsewhere as to the "lesbian body count" in MO. If any of the speculation is true then we have a few people next on the list: Shizuru (if that ever happened there would be rioting in the streets), Chie (hmm, possible), and possibly Natsuki. Did I miss anyone?
Old 2006-02-10, 21:37   Link #13
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Those are two separate occasions and even then, Chie could've discussed these things with her not necessarily on the date. Those talks could've taken place at any time. *shrug* Those two lines are not definitive enough for me to say one way or the other. They're too vague IMO.

Exactly why are you so against such a small thing? Is it such a big deal that the sky will fall on your head?

Unless you want to write an essay on what Chie and Aoi were talking about that night considering the fact Aoi does it right afterwards. Or why the writers even bothered putting that in.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2006-02-10 at 22:22.
Old 2006-02-10, 22:23   Link #14
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:

Exactly what do you have to gain by arguing such a petty fact? The fact remains that Chie and Aoi discussed on the situation with Mashiro. If you don't like that then take it to the writers. No matter what you try, Aoi did ask Chie for assistance and that's what they did.
I'm not arguing facts. I'm arguing speculation. You were speaking as if your position was fact. That is the only thing I am disagreeing with. *shrug* It's not petty...you may think it's semantics. But whole court cases are won and lost on semantics. I never said you had to agree with me....I just thought you should qualify your position as speculation rather than posit it as fact. Apparently it irritates you more than it does me

Why do writers do anything? Why did they not give us more background as to what really happened after Arika and Nina clashed? Why, or better yet, how did they all get separated? *shrug* Who can really say? I can only hope that all will be revealed at some point but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by Kieli; 2006-02-10 at 22:31. Reason: Some things are not worth getting into...
Old 2006-02-10, 22:38   Link #15
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
I'm not arguing facts. I'm arguing speculation. You were speaking as if your position was fact. That is the only thing I am disagreeing with. *shrug* It's not petty...you may think it's semantics. But whole court cases are won and lost on semantics. I never said you had to agree with me....I just thought you should qualify your position as speculation rather than posit it as fact. Apparently it irritates you more than it does me

Why do writers do anything? Why did they not give us more background as to what really happened after Arika and Nina clashed? Why, or better yet, how did they all get separated? *shrug* Who can really say? I can only hope that all will be revealed at some point but I'm not holding my breath.
Wait wait...which part of me are you arguing because you sir are confusing me even more. It doesn't irritate me it's just confusing me. I can tell your just making things up for fun but I'm not looking for a fire war.

The fact that Chie and Aoi discussed things about what to do with Mashiro (This much is true)
The fact that Aoi and Chie were on a date <--Is this what your screaming about?
The fact that Aoi and Chie are friends. (This much is true)

Which part are you arguing against me?
Old 2006-02-10, 22:47   Link #16
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Wait wait...which part of me are you arguing because you sir are confusing me even more. It doesn't irritate me it's just confusing me.

The fact that Chie and Aoi discussed things about what to do with Mashiro
The fact that Aoi and Chie were on a date
The fact that Aoi and Chie are friends.

Which part are you arguing against me?
Yes, we know that Chie and Aoi discussed issues concerning Mashiro but we don't know with any degree of certainty that they did it during the "date" (I'm leaving it in quotes only because we really don't know what went on during said outing). Their discussions about Mashiro and when Aoi decided to implement any plans made could have taken place at any time prior to said date.

We know at least Chie and Aoi are friends in both universes. In Mai HiME, any deeper relationship is speculation (though that didn't stop us from wishing on a HiME star). In Mai Otome, though we clearly know Chie's intentions, we don't know Aoi's so....anything deeper than friendship is speculation there too, as much as I'd love to believe them to be solidly paired.

Please refrain from overdramatic phrasings. I'm not "screaming", I am merely disagreeing with your statements. If you think disagreeing with you is flaming then perhaps you should refrain from any discussions where people don't agree with you. You might spontaneously combust. I'm not making a war with you. Trust me, if I were, you'd know it.
Old 2006-02-10, 22:52   Link #17
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Yes, we know that Chie and Aoi discussed issues concerning Mashiro but we don't know with any degree of certainty that they did it during the "date" (I'm leaving it in quotes only because we really don't know what went on during said outing). Their discussions about Mashiro and when Aoi decided to implement any plans made could have taken place at any time prior to said date.
So that's the big deal your making out of? Alright then, it's your opinion.

Quote:
We know at least Chie and Aoi are friends in both universes. In Mai HiME, any deeper relationship is speculation (though that didn't stop us from wishing on a HiME star). In Mai Otome, though we clearly know Chie's intentions, we don't know Aoi's so....anything deeper than friendship is speculation there too.
Dude I suggest you watch Mai Hime specials, even though it was short-lived.

Quote:
Please refrain from overdramatic phrasings. I'm not "screaming", I am merely disagreeing with your statements. If you think disagreeing with you is flaming then perhaps you should refrain from any discussions where people don't agree with you. You might spontaneously combust. I'm not making a war with you. Trust me, if I were, you'd know it.
...sigh never mind. You don't seem to understand so I'll stop it right there.

I never did disagreed anything, I point out facts but got confused on which parts you were arguing about.
Old 2006-02-10, 22:55   Link #18
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Dude I suggest you watch Mai Hime specials, even though it was short-lived.
I did....wasn't really all that impressed with Chie's and Aoi's mostly because they used something I really loathe: having the girls say it was all a big mistake, and that they should just be friends. As if having two gay chars would be evil or something like that. But those are my own issues with the omake.

I am, however, thankful that the lesbian (or implied lesbian) characters are shown to be strong, courageous and self-sacrificing. Shizuru's willingness to be imprisoned to save Natsuki and the students and Aoi's sacrifice of her life for Mashiro's; to be honest, I wasn't expecting Sunrise to do such a thing. Then again, by doing so, they ramped up the angst factor.
Old 2006-02-11, 08:49   Link #19
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Heh, I leave the forums for a day or so and come back and people are arguing over Aoi and Chie? Ok, first off, Sunrise would achieve nothing from removing quite a popular pair, whatever some people might think. Second, this series is built off the relationships in HiME, the situations may change, the people, essentially, do not. The characters adapt to their new roles, as they must.

So, what does this mean? Aoi has to be a reliable, mature and loyal servant, and Chie must be a good role model, sensible and maintain to leave good impressions. These two roles are not compatible with their relationship was in HiME - match up two school girls then a civil servant and a super-bodyguard, if you want. I doesn't work.

However, has Aoi actually shown anything but simple friendship for Chie? Chie is quite blatant in her feelings for Aoi, in my opinion, walking around with a rose for about 7 episodes and then giving it to Aoi, claiming to be on a date with her, et cetera. Point made. But is it returned? I'm sure Aoi knows of Chie's feelings for her, but she doesn't reject them or comment. What does this mean? It's up to each individual to decide. What I think is this; Aoi likes Chie, but she can't do anything or make a move because of the responsibilities resting on her - and Chie knows this, and so keeps her distance in that respect, and just occasionally flirts with her. However, I do not claim my opinion is any more valid that any other person wishing to form one.

So, I just hope A) Aoi isn't dead, and B) something concrete happens about their relationship. Even if it's in the last episode for 3 seconds where Aoi acknowledges Chie. And then everyone is like "What? We have to wait for the next series for some Aoi/Chie?".
Old 2006-02-11, 12:28   Link #20
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
However, has Aoi actually shown anything but simple friendship for Chie? Chie is quite blatant in her feelings for Aoi, in my opinion, walking around with a rose for about 7 episodes and then giving it to Aoi, claiming to be on a date with her, et cetera.
Huh, I've got good shoujo-ai radar and a vivid imagination, but somehow I missed that. Thanks Preston.
Closed Thread