AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-02-08, 06:26   Link #821
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

Try TTempSmooth for that kind of stuff? And/or dfttest.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 07:32   Link #822
guest0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkers View Post
Function GradFunkMirror
Interesting, a banding filter. Though isn't that meant for real time playback?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=108681
I was looking for a way to filter those out before reencoding. The fine gradfun2db gradients of the preview are destroyed during encoding and the blocky noise is back in a slightly more sophisticated pattern than before

Interesting thread though, supposedly my cheapo lcd might have a part in this. Can anyone else see the blocks in my pics ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
Try TTempSmooth for that kind of stuff? And/or dfttest.
I tried dfttest(tbsize=3) before, it had even less effect on the blocky noise than FFT3DFilter meaning I would have to oversmooth a lot. Also my testrun to check its speed crawled at 1fps

Didn't know TTempSmooth but it also has little effect on the blocks.
btw, the encoding settings of the rawr in question:

Spoiler:

Regarding that smoothd. Would using it be a particularly detestable act? The setting used for the third pic that's cleaning up the blocks quite nicely doesn't have any visible effect on 99% of the video at all.

Last edited by guest0815; 2009-02-08 at 07:58.
guest0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 08:19   Link #823
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
Quote:
Interesting, a banding filter. Though isn't that meant for real time playback?
It was meant for 'removing banding'. You do need low quantizers to stop banding appearing in an encode though, so it can be simpler to just add a screenshot of what you want the leechers to do.

Quote:
Regarding that smoothd. Would using it be a particularly detestable act?
dunno, used it so rarely. Check dark sections of the video in particular.
checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 09:20   Link #824
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkers View Post
--cqmfile "C:\path\to\cqm.extensiondoesntmatter"
Thanks for your help, it took me a few days to get around to this. Using avinaptic, I was able to extract the cqm from my target. While looking up cqm examples to see how I should format the data, I came across something puzzling. The ones I found online have 8 matrices, but the one in my target has only 6. It's missing INTRA4X4_CHROMAV and INTER4X4_CHROMAV. Does that affect things?
Another thing, although I used the commandline you gave me, I'm not sure if it used the cqm at all because avinaptic showed that the resulting video only used 2 4x4 matrices, they only had "16" in them. I think that's "flat" right?
But when I tried to join the videos, the difference in the length was 45 to 170 instead of the usual 37 (though the result is still not usable)
Any additional advice would be most appriciated.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 21:19   Link #825
guess

problem with subtitle script

I just extract subtitle file from an mkv file because I would like to make the subtitle with outline color in black. I thought I just change it to "-1." It didn't help. How do I change the setting to get what an outline color? Where can I find such info about script? Is this subject OK here or should I post it in fansub subforum?
Old 2009-02-12, 04:21   Link #826
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Assuming it's a SSA/ASS subtitle you're editing, you have a format guide right above the list of styles. The outline color is the 6th comma separated token counting from the left. &H00000000 would be solid black.

Or just use Aegisub to change it with a GUI.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 05:44   Link #827
Jimmy C

An update to my post 2 posts above. I've finally managed to properly input a custom quantinization matrix in x264. But now I've discovered that avinaptic, that I used to get the quantinization matrix data from another video to use, does not display the complete cqm data of a video. Either that, or x264 didn't use the full cqm for some reason.
Is there another program out there that can display the full cqm data of a video?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 12:13   Link #828
sangofe

How to extract closed captions?

Hey. I've got the .ts stream with closed captions, but I'm unsure how to get the closed captions extracted.
I've tried ccextract from: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ccextractor
but it gives me this error message: "ts files with more than one program are not..."

I tried to use ProjectX Portable as well, but it only outputted a sound a video file.

Any other suggestions for other programs?

Thanks in advance.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 13:22   Link #829
niko
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to niko
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
Hey. I've got the .ts stream with closed captions, but I'm unsure how to get the closed captions extracted.
I've tried ccextract from: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ccextractor
but it gives me this error message: "ts files with more than one program are not..."

I tried to use ProjectX Portable as well, but it only outputted a sound a video file.

Any other suggestions for other programs?

Thanks in advance.
ccextractor doesn't support japanese closed captions. Use CCats.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 23:49   Link #830
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
ccextractor doesn't support japanese closed captions. Use CCats.
Mind sharing a download link for this?

Edit.
Found this:
Extract CCs using C-Cats (http://www29.atwiki.jp/ccats/pages/13.html) (link courtesy of Eeknay (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...6&postcount=28)).

Screenshot of CCats UI (http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1715/ccatsrk6.jpg)
入力ファイル = Input file
中間ファイル = Interim file
字幕ファイル = Subtitle file

PLLIB = PLLIB
番組情報 = Programme information
ログファイル = Logfile
View = View

WMP = Windows Media Player
メモ帳 = Notepad
抽出 = Extract

ふりがな = Furigana
データ終端 = Data terminus
中型サイズ = Medium size
HTML出力 = HTML output

ARIB外字 = ARIB characters
空行 = Blank line
改行 = Line feed
改行 = Line feed
改行 = Line feed
半角 = Half-width characters (Latin alphabet)
詳細設定 = Preferences

パケットバイト数 = Packet byte number
字幕PID = Subtitle PID
ARIB外字 = ARIB characters
DRCS外字 = DRCS characters
終了 = Close
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 01:52   Link #831
niko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
Mind sharing a download link for this?

Edit.
Found this:
Extract CCs using C-Cats (http://www29.atwiki.jp/ccats/pages/13.html) (link courtesy of Eeknay (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...6&postcount=28)).

Screenshot of CCats UI (http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1715/ccatsrk6.jpg)
入力ファイル = Input file
中間ファイル = Interim file
字幕ファイル = Subtitle file

PLLIB = PLLIB
番組情報 = Programme information
ログファイル = Logfile
View = View

WMP = Windows Media Player
メモ帳 = Notepad
抽出 = Extract

ふりがな = Furigana
データ終端 = Data terminus
中型サイズ = Medium size
HTML出力 = HTML output

ARIB外字 = ARIB characters
空行 = Blank line
改行 = Line feed
改行 = Line feed
改行 = Line feed
半角 = Half-width characters (Latin alphabet)
詳細設定 = Preferences

パケットバイト数 = Packet byte number
字幕PID = Subtitle PID
ARIB外字 = ARIB characters
DRCS外字 = DRCS characters
終了 = Close
http://www29.atwiki.jp/ccats/pages/13.html

click "【C-Cats】&【PLLIB】ver.0.63 フルセット" to download.

Apparently there's also command application (c2ass or something?) that extracts captions to ass file including timing.
Old 2009-04-27, 13:54   Link #832
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

So how do I know if there are any CC's in the .ts.. Of course there's the obvious note at the top-right of the screen at the start of a show, but I recently tried this C-Cats on some random Basquash .ts i leeched, and it throws an error.. Something with setPixel(). Could it be there aren't any cc's in the ts?

Also, can I run this properly with applocale or should I set non-unicode language to japanese (in control panel)?
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 14:12   Link #833
niko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
Also, can I run this properly with applocale or should I set non-unicode language to japanese (in control panel)?
IIRC. applocale doesn't work it will throw error about half-width/full-width conversion or something.

Software (mentioned in prev. post) for converting captions to ass is Caption2Ass and it seems to work fine without Japanese locale after you convert ini to utf8.
Old 2009-04-27, 14:34   Link #834
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Hmm.. that program works perfect. It's very simple, and thus limited in a way, but I don't think i'll ever need more than spitting out CC's to .ass/.srt.. Thx
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 04:19   Link #835
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
So how do I know if there are any CC's in the .ts.. Of course there's the obvious note at the top-right of the screen at the start of a show, but I recently tried this C-Cats on some random Basquash .ts i leeched, and it throws an error.. Something with setPixel(). Could it be there aren't any cc's in the ts?

Most .ts's you find on p2p networks are stripped, if they had captions originally they aren't there anymore in that case.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 05:07   Link #836
Nagato
幻想郷

There's good Tutorial/tools on this page

When I tried it last time, I could extract the CC to srt with Caption2ass, along with the timestamp, but failed cutting the srt with srtsync.

It supposed to be able to match the timing to the new video (without CM) using the same trim used to cut the CM.

If you succeed with the srtsync please tell me the proper way to do it, maybe I missed something in the tutorial.

Well, I still can use Aegisub to shift the timing.
Old 2009-04-28, 10:39   Link #837
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
i'm a noob, so...2 questions.
1) how to extract softsubs from .mkv? mkvtoolnix failed. it extracted them, but they dont open in aegis (although they do mux back with different raws)

2) what program to use to reencode raws? (not .ts) well, to make them take up less space. people were talking about smth called CRF in another topic...that would be cool to use...
i tried SUPER, but didnt find CRF (or w/e its called), only target bitrate.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 12:52   Link #838
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

1. Aegisub can open .ass files directly from MKVs, no need to demux them beforehand.

2. I'd suggest MeGUI or something if you really insist on doing that, but otherwise I'd just suggest downloading the fansub releases and sticking with them, most of the time they're better than the raws you might find.
Daiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 13:06   Link #839
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Most .ts's you find on p2p networks are stripped, if they had captions originally they aren't there anymore in that case.
Possibly related to dj's issue: Additionally, not every broadcast has closed captions. IIRC, Basquash's TBS broadcast doesn't have the captions, but MBS does.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 13:09   Link #840
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
i'm a noob, so...2 questions.
1) how to extract softsubs from .mkv? mkvtoolnix failed. it extracted them, but they dont open in aegis (although they do mux back with different raws)
What format did it say they were? Pretty much anything S_TEXT/* should be possible to open in Aegisub, if not it's probably a bug and you should upload the subtitles somewhere so we (the Aegisub devs) can look at it. If it's S_VOBSUB on the other hand you can't (easily) edit them, because those are pictures, not text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
2) what program to use to reencode raws? (not .ts) well, to make them take up less space. people were talking about smth called CRF in another topic...that would be cool to use...
i tried SUPER, but didnt find CRF (or w/e its called), only target bitrate.
x264?
Although from what it sounds like, you want some kind of magical oneclick GUI that does everything for you, try stax-whatever-it's-called or megui or something I guess.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote