AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-19, 15:12   Link #41
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I've never heard of even the manga *is stoned* But this looks really good!

....I might want to point out to people worried about fanservice from XEBEC: They DID tone down the fanservice from Negima to where there was barely anything, remember?
Old 2008-11-21, 17:39   Link #42
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I've never heard of even the manga *is stoned* But this looks really good! ....I might want to point out to people worried about fanservice from XEBEC: They DID tone down the fanservice from Negima to where there was barely anything, remember?
Including the fan-service from the manga could have improved/broaden the appeal of Negima, since it lacked almost everything, starting with the animation/artwork and ending with the pacing--which didn’t really make justice to the source material (the only redeemable factor was the great/catchy opening song). Overall, they took way too many creative licenses, and the end result did not make up for it.

bad fan-service is the last thing I should be worried about…
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 22:40   Link #43
Falkor

official website now open

seems that Yuki Kajiura is going to do the music. (I'm feeling excited now)
Old 2008-12-19, 03:41   Link #44
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh nice, personally I haven't watched a show with Kajiura music in a long time so I'm looking forward to what she can do. Hopefully they keep the feel of the manga and the music matches that.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 03:50   Link #45
Tormenk

Kajiura Yuki doing the music definitely ramps up the anticipation factor higher now. With the gothic feel of PH, I'm looking forward to what will turn up during the show.

A few minor nitpicks but the character designs seem alright so far so that's good.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 06:42   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I heard that Kajiura Yuki was doing the score for this show the over day, best choice possibly if you ask me. She'll capture the dark gothic element perfectly, especially in the first two episodes.

Also got nothing against the character designs for the anime adaptation. Quite like them.
Old 2008-12-19, 15:32   Link #47
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I didn't know this until a few days ago when I noticed that Kajiura was doing the soundtrack. Read the first volume of the manga after a few ramblings at last.fm over the story with Shiroth and I must say it wasn't bad and I liked it better than I thought I would.

I went into it thinking it'd be yet another generic shounen-ish manga but the characters are really likable, and I absolutely loved the dark style of the "other world" with the dolls and stuff like that.

Now here's hoping that XEBEC will actually do a good job on it. By the way, the TBS - BS-i thing worries me. Hopefully it won't be another CLANNAD with 4:3 only airings...
Old 2008-12-19, 18:45   Link #48
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
official website now open

seems that Yuki Kajiura is going to do the music. (I'm feeling excited now)
I can't wait longer for the countdown to finish, until the start of the show.

Right now I'm keeping busy myself reading the manga, but learning that Yuki Kajiura has composed the soundtrack makes me more eager to watch Pandora Hearts.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 21:04   Link #49
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
seems that Yuki Kajiura is going to do the music.(I'm feeling excited now)[/SIZE]
+2 for excited gauge. Now it's at 7/10.
Old 2008-12-21, 00:05   Link #50
Falkor

Oh yes, excitement level is increasing. I think that Yuki Kajiura is like the perfect person to do the score of Pandora Hearts--can't really imagine another composer doing the music. Her latest work on Kara no Kyoukai left a very good impression on me--conveying the dark tones at the right moments and for maintaining "the feel" of the movie from beginning to end. I'm soooo looking forward to whatever she can come up with for this show.

seems they’ve also added a [staff] blog to the website. Here’s a rough translation using google:

* some greetings from the staff.
* more information will be available on the upcoming comiket 75.
* next update will be around December 26th.

hopefully I got everything right. (please correct me if I got something wrong).

oh and yes, I really like the character designs--at least from what I can see in that little poster on the website. It looks very close to the manga (can't complaint about it ) and it's a great detail to have.

the only thing that remains to make this even better is the announcement of the seiyuus, hopefully those on the drama CD.
Old 2008-12-21, 00:25   Link #51
Avisch
Reality Blender

I like the character designs too. They got Alice's expression down well.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 10:27   Link #52
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I don't like undies or bra shots or naked people in general!
oh god you owe me a keyboard

And Yuki Kajiura? I hope she's able to finally get off the goth music with repetitive melodies and choruses. She's a talented composer but that's all she's ever done.

But then again, looking at the series, she'll probably do the same she's always did ._. She could also try and pick a good studio for a change.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 10:33   Link #53
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
And Yuki Kajiura? I hope she's able to finally get off the goth music with repetitive melodies and choruses. She's a talented composer but that's all she's ever done.

But then again, looking at the series, she'll probably do the same she's always did ._. She could also try and pick a good studio for a change.
Whether she should change or not, definitely not with this anime. Goth music is what we need here, and that's why we're excited when we heard Yuki Kajiura will take part in this one.

Sometimes I wonder why people want others to change while they're still doing their job well?
Old 2008-12-21, 12:12   Link #54
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Whether she should change or not, definitely not with this anime. Goth music is what we need here, and that's why we're excited when we heard Yuki Kajiura will take part in this one.

Sometimes I wonder why people want others to change while they're still doing their job well?
I so agree with you. Even though her music is "repetitive" it's still good. The fact is, that's why she was hired and continues to be hired for anime OSTs. People just like what they hear.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 12:15   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

Go listen to her El Cazador score. It's pretty much her doing the same thing, though with some added extras. It's a rather good listen.

I've had that problem with Kajiura over the years, though it was her Kara no Kyoukai work that made me fall in love all over again with her style.

& i agree with Duo Maxwell, it's a style we need for Pandora Hearts.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-12-21 at 12:50.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 12:54   Link #56
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
While it is true that she has done stuff like that over the years, it's really unfair to generalize her work as "goth music with repetitive melodies". As Shiroth pointed out, the score for El Cazador de la Bruja was really fresh and different from almost everything that she has ever done, but it's not the only one. Erementar Gerad, Aquarian Age and especially Achilles to Kame are proof enough that she's able to make different stuff while still sounding good.

Then again, and I feel like I'm not adding anything to the conversation, she'll probably use her "goth style" here because it's really fitting for this series. Having read a bit of the manga I can imagine why XEBEC picked her for PH.
Old 2008-12-21, 13:01   Link #57
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Go listen to her El Cazador score. It's pretty much her doing the same thing, though with some added extras. It's a rather good listen.
Yeah, I watched an episode or two and I've noticed that (I think you can find a post I made on a thread in this forum about this)--but it still comprised only about 5% of the music on the show. And also, it wasn't the best show for her to stand out and do something different. I mean, it was exactly like the other two girls-with-guns series Beetrain did with her.

Quote:
Can't I wish someone who has such talent to try and, you know, do something a little different once in a while?

Yoko Kanno is also a great composer, but she actually (gasp!) tries something new once in a while.

Quote:
Even though her music is "repetitive" it's still good.
But it's the same music. Exactly the same. I can't listen to one kind of music all the time. It's just for the sake of creativity.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 15:35   Link #58
Same_Shark

Quote:
Can't I wish someone who has such talent to try and, you know, do something a little different once in a while?

Yoko Kanno is also a great composer, but she actually (gasp!) tries something new once in a while.
LOL! Yoko Kanno does try new things! But lately the only thing she's done lately that have been new for her are the Macross Frontier vocal songs and some of them, like Ao no Ether, seem like songs she's done with Maaya Sakamoto. That's not because she wrote the lyrics either.

If you think Yuki Kajiura's music is repetitive, watch the documentary about mountain villages. She composed beautiful music for it!
Old 2008-12-21, 17:25   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
oh god you owe me a keyboard

Honestly, I will never grow tired with Goth.

"Goth" always has this haunting and quasi-religious aura flowing.

If you want some recommendations for "Goth" lovers about who could be well suited to perform the OP and ED theme songs, mine are:

1. Yōsei Teikoku -- Noble Roar (Innocent Venus OP); Valkyrja (Mai-Otome PS2 game OP); Shijun no Zankoku (Venus Versus Virus ED)

2. Wakeshima Kanon -- Still Doll (Vampire Knight ED); Suna No Oshiro (Vampire Knight Guilty ED)

I left out ALI Project from my list due that maybe several (if not most all) of you guys dislike their music.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 22:36   Link #60
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Honestly, I will never grow tired with Goth.

"Goth" always has this haunting and quasi-religious aura flowing.

If you want some recommendations for "Goth" lovers about who could be well suited to perform the OP and ED theme songs, mine are:

1. Yōsei Teikoku -- Noble Roar (Innocent Venus OP); Valkyrja (Mai-Otome PS2 game OP); Shijun no Zankoku (Venus Versus Virus ED)

2. Wakeshima Kanon -- Still Doll (Vampire Knight ED); Suna No Oshiro (Vampire Knight Guilty ED)

I left out ALI Project from my list due that maybe several (if not most all) of you guys dislike their music.
Don't forget Asriel! They're pretty good too.

Tags
fantasy, shounen