AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-04, 00:03   Link #101
MonkeyDude

Pacing was spectacular. They really hammed it up to make it look as generic harem romcom as much as possible. Hopefully people picked up on the subtle differences in the formula instead of jumping on the hate bandwagon. ED...though I guess it's the OP animation was great.

Only really have one complaint as a novel reader, but the cut was acceptable to fit the events all in one episode.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 00:04   Link #102
G147

Can people stop comparing this show with Asterisk, they're two completely different show.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 00:09   Link #103
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

As a manga reader this was quite good to see, voices were really good and the fighting scenes did not feel forced at all. You could easily see how she went from tsundere to just full dere at the end, so the point resides in weather she is going to keep like that or not.

Might as well read the novels in order to enjoy the second a third volume that are going to be animated(given how it work in anime and the passing).
Old 2015-10-04, 00:17   Link #104
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
This and Asterisk are almost the exact same thing.
That being said I like the fire redhead in this one better so far.
i like both of them, Julis has a few moments but she is no where as bad as people make her out to be. Rakaudai problem with the two MC character got finish really fast in beginning.

the MC was the first person stella met and she was able to learn his character unlike julis who already had to interact with others who treat her like a show. if stella had been their for a few months or year before meet the MC, she may have acted like julis. who will need at least 2 more episodes to make friends with the mc because she been a lone wolf for awhile. either way.

i was impressed by this and will be watching both. both feel different enough for me not to care they are full of the same crap.
Old 2015-10-04, 00:21   Link #105
AdrianWernerGOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
This and Asterisk are almost the exact same thing.
That being said I like the fire redhead in this one better so far.
Yeah. It;s like two studios got the same outline. I wonder if Antimagic will be the same in first ep 1
Cavalry had slightly worse production values than Asterix, but overall I liked it more, mostly due to the characters. The lead seems to actually have a strong personality and the lead girl being a pervert is pretty refreshing. Plus the MC not having any hidden mysterious power and having to make it by his skills alone is very very nice.
AdrianWernerGOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 00:24   Link #106
rickiminato

Rakudai and asterix are diferent
First the mc of asterix is Op and of the rakudai is op hqrd working
Second asterix is harem and rakudai no
Old 2015-10-04, 00:24   Link #107
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Can people stop comparing this show with Asterisk, they're two completely different show.
^^^this
ten chars
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 00:28   Link #108
AdrianWernerGOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
They're not for now though. First episodes were mostly the same. I'm sure both series will diverge into something separate as further episodes go by, but I honestly don't ever remember any season having two shows with such eerily similar premieres. It's hilarous and something that will make me remember this season for quite a long time.
AdrianWernerGOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 00:40   Link #109
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
That art and animation... . The background art is so beautiful...

Is this really made by Silver Link, not Ufotable?

Solid first ep so far. I enjoyed it. I hope they will keep up this quality.
Silver Link makes first good episodes followed by full on quality and off models, like C3.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2015-10-04 at 02:44.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 00:54   Link #110
kasimmorathi

Naturally comparisons will be made between this and Asterisk, so I will follow suit. I prefer this one based on the strength of the premiere alone though will defer judgement for more to follow.

Spoilers
Spoiler for Comparison to Asterisk
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2015-10-04 at 03:07. Reason: Please keep all comparisons behind spoiler tags
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 01:33   Link #111
Sixth
Hu Tao

Just as I expected. *War and Failure anime will be clashing with each other in this fall.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 01:55   Link #112
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
I just watched ep 1...have already read the manga, i particularly think this episode is solid....and if i can be a bit annoying..yeah i prefer ikki as a MC rather than ayato from gakusen.......he is a gentleman and i like that

As well as i do a bit comparison...rakudai ep 1 has a good flow.....the gakusen feels pretty fast paced and bit random for me...yeah overall as episode i prefer rakudai....

Stella and julis are fine heroin...... But stella just has more asset
Old 2015-10-04, 01:57   Link #113
Syndiciate

Is this an ecchi? Just curious because of the title picture.
Syndiciate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 02:00   Link #114
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Finally watched the first episode, and I liked how the story was changed and remained the same nonetheless. The small signs of interest between Stella and Ikki are delivered better, and Ikki's "first moment of glory" was expanded well. I do wish that the twist in the concept of "hard work versus talent" had more impact.

I really don't want to continue on the sentiments some viewers have with Rakudai and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, but I feel that Rakudai had a stronger start, although both shows seem to have a solid grasp of the story (Rakudai's reworking of the story and Asterisk's aesthetics). Of course, it's too early to tell if things will remain like this, especially since Rakudai will remain a one-cour anime, but Stella's cuteness alone is a big hook for me. Hopefully the blooming romance will be depicted well.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 02:32   Link #115
Syndiciate

I admit I sort of liked the first episode if only because the MC was more playful then most. I.E. he actually had some semblance of a personality.
Old 2015-10-04, 02:47   Link #116
Botan_TM

So it's time to comment 1st episode. (LN reader, so prediction are out of question).

I enjoyed animation of fight, I hope quality of those will not drop.
I really enjoyed black-white ED/OP animation with that blood. Simple yet effective. I wonder if "gore" will be present or censored, but that's not very important.
I like music, both OP and during comedy moments. That's a another good thing, show knows it's role and is not try to be to serious.
I like both MC have some serius reasons, girl want to not "get rusty" by being OP in small country but looks for challege in order to be even better asset of nation. Simple yet logical and plausible. Ikki just want to prove his value by hard work. There is no some over sophisticated overused reason/plot like sealed demon or eternal darkness and chosen one etc.
I have known what to expected, but music and animation delivered it in plausible way.

One thing, it seems that a lot of people compare MC to MC from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Well, personally I compare Ikki to Rock Lee from Naruto,
Spoiler for Naruto Lee way of fighting:

And this caption is very cute.

Guilty pleasure of season confirmed after all this is still a ecchi high school series, it's like junk food, but the best hamburger in the city.

Last edited by Botan_TM; 2015-10-04 at 03:18.
Botan_TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 02:50   Link #117
Syndiciate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
So it's time to comment 1st episode. (LN reader, so prediction are out of question).

I enjoyed animation of fight, I hope quality of those will not drop.
I really enjoyed black-white ED/OP animation with that blood. Simple yet effective. I wonder if "gore" will be present or censored, but that's not very important.
I like music, both OP and during comedy moments. That's a another good thing, show knows it's role and is not try to be to serious.
I have known what to expected, but music and animation delivered it in plausible way.

One thing, it seems that a lot of people compare MC to MC from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Well, personally I compare Ikki to Rock Lee from Naruto, I mean his situation is very similar and he use same trick by opening some gates and getting more power for a short time.

And this caption is very cute.

Guilty pleasure of season confirmed.
Oh he's definitely a clone of the MC from Mahouka but he's a clone with personality.

I think I have also found my guilty pleasure.
Old 2015-10-04, 02:51   Link #118
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
3 episodes rule dude, everyone knows that. Judging the entire series or assuming things that are not even here based on the intro episode is plain stupid.
Uhh... here's something I've said in the past..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I will watch at least 3 eps. of every fansubbed series available every season, and from then I'll continue watching those that I find interesting.
Note when that post was made... 200-freaking-7, and I've been doing it long before as one of my favourite anime ever, Juuni Kokki, didn't really start getting good till episode 7. I wouldn't be even surprised if I made the same declaration earlier, but I'm too lazy to search and 2007 is early enough. In any case, this shows I pretty much introduced the three anime episode rule, so if it's anyone who knows the rule, it would be me.

So with that out of the way, people are taking what I said out of context. I mean, my last line was "So while not definitely an unwatchable pilot, IMO it is the weaker of the two."

So no Kashima, I found that this was extremely unfair...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Judging the series based on intro episode really?
I'm judging the pilot episode, because that's all I have for now. I will not touch 99% of the source material of any airing anime because I find it skews my views of the show quite a bit, and this isn't one of 1% (three guesses what's the criteria for the 1%). You know the reason why I started doing that? Because I absolutely hate it when, for example, LN based readers started bashing a certain anime adaptation just because a certain character did not eat curry for lunch. After that, I personally found it more unfair to judge an ANIME series based on their NON-ANIME sources, and I strive to judge anime series based on their own merits and their own merits alone.

As such, the ONLY thing I can make a judgement on is the pilot episode, and considering I rank the pilot episodes of every anime in every new cour, I don't see why I should stop now. Heck, even the Japanese is making a side-by-side comparison of the two (just to name one http://blog-imgs-64.fc2.com/y/a/r/ya...414064212b.jpg), so why can't I?

And right now? I stand by what I said earlier, and Asterisk is just stronger of the two pilots. To my untrained eye, I liked A-1's animation better than Silver Links in here. I personally am done with full-on tsundere leads as my mind always compares them to Shana, so that makes this pilot weaker. On top of them borrowing Mahouka's "MC is a failure by the standards set by the school but in reality does not fully encompass real life performance", I just like Asterisk's pilot more. Is it so wrong for one person to like chocolate more than strawberry flavoured ice cream just from one scoop of each alone?

Does this mean that the entire series will be worse or better just judging by the pilot? HELL NO! That's why I do 3 episodes in the first place.

Just for the record, but I think I have a curse. Pilot episodes that I like more often than not ending up being horrible series (Charlotte last cour just to name one had a FANTASTIC pilot), so that's good for this series then? It can only go up from here? So take that what you will.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 03:12   Link #119
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I deleted a bunch of off-topic, but I also want to remind people that our forum rules require that all comparisons be behind properly-marked spoiler tags, even if you're just comparing the first episodes. This is because not everyone has seen the show you're comparing to, and spoiler tags give them the choice if they want to read the comparison or not. I don't know if it's really necessary to continue the comparisons at this point, but if so, then please use tags.
Old 2015-10-04, 03:20   Link #120
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
full-on tsundere leads as my mind always compares them to Shana, so that makes this pilot weaker
You call that with the reaction of Stella at the very last scene of the episode "full-on tsundere"? The progression from tsun to a rather normal, slightly embarrassed, reaction in one episode was anything but "full-on tsundere". Also, how you point out and deduct points from Rakudai for that, when...

Spoiler for Julis in Gakusen:

And as far as I saw nobody criticised you for liking Asterisk more, but rather for your somewhat iffy argumentation and premature conclusions.

Tags
action, bad-ass male character, ecchi, not-harem, romance