AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-14, 07:14   Link #141
speedy3020

Hello all, long time ghoster, first time poster.

Just curious as to which online stores any of you use to purchase OSTs such as this one. I'm dying to get my grubby hands on it!
I'm shying away from good ol' eBAY as all the Claymore OSTs going for ~$10 from Hong Kong are setting the alarms bells off in my head...

EDIT:
Well as luck would have it I managed to stumble across play-asia.com. Not particularly the most enticing prices, though I do feel a little safer in receiving what I paid for. (Plus they use paypal which is only a bonus)
I guess I should rephrase my question to; has anyone used play-asia in the past and how would you rate their service?

Cheers.

Last edited by speedy3020; 2007-11-14 at 07:35. Reason: Found one...
Old 2007-11-15, 05:15   Link #142
abcdefghijkLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
I have to admit... If u listen to Galatea's track chorus, She is stressing her voice~
Yeah...but they aren't singers, they're voice actors, but nevertheless its still really nice music. I like her voice :]
Old 2007-11-15, 11:06   Link #143
evangeline-stclare
CLARE OUT OF CLAYMORE!

RE: Galatea's song, I don't think it's a good song particularly and it doesn't seem to fit her character at all, the only reason I listen to it is that I like her voice. I like weird/imperfect voices though. Not sure if the song is just bad, or if it's not appropriate for her voice or if she just has little control over her upper register but she's definitely straining. (the song is pretty bad though...)

I also like the nasality in Paku Romi's head voice, in Teresa's song. Very cute somehow... I also like how overdramatic it is and she doesn't hold back on it at all.

Irene's is probably my favorite song. I love the VA's singing style, she adds a lot of personality.
Old 2007-11-15, 21:32   Link #144
abcdefghijkLOL

Helps that you're an Irene fan too right? Well, I like all of them, but I hate the parts with the guy rapping(?). Somehow I get the feeling that its the voice actor for Raki...
Old 2007-11-16, 07:16   Link #145
speedy3020

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefghijkLOL View Post
Helps that you're an Irene fan too right? Well, I like all of them, but I hate the parts with the guy rapping(?). Somehow I get the feeling that its the voice actor for Raki...
Naturally it has to be Raki.

Personal favourite is Priscilla's so far.
Also a fan of Ophelia's.

Nice work all round by the VA.
Old 2007-11-16, 09:54   Link #146
evangeline-stclare
CLARE OUT OF CLAYMORE!

Quote:
Sure, I can't say it hurts But even notwithstanding that it would probably still be one of the better songs... I like all of them except for Galatea's and Sophia's though so it's hard to pick one. Poor Sophia got a boring song.

I wasn't really a massive Helen fan coming into it, but I also adore her song, and Deneve's is way up there too.

Clare's song is really good except for the rapping dude. She got ripped off.
Old 2007-11-16, 20:49   Link #147
OliverPhoenix
Ophelia fan

I recently got and just listenend to the Claymore intimate persona:character song shuu CD and despite Ophelia being my favourite character I definately like her track the best,it has a nice beat and its kinda priceless with Ophelia's voice.

Clares comes second even though a nuisance hijacks the song near the end,still despite that its pretty damn good and quite catchy...and Clares voice...

None of the others have immediately appealed to me yet but I need to listen to them all a bit more to make up my mind completely.
Old 2007-11-17, 02:03   Link #148
abcdefghijkLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy3020 View Post
Naturally it has to be Raki.

Personal favourite is Priscilla's so far.
Also a fan of Ophelia's.

Nice work all round by the VA.
Priscilla's song is good, but the stupid Yoma voice decreases the quality for me. My favorites are Clare's, Galatea's, Irene's, Priscilla's, Ophelia's, and Miria's. Evem though I'm a fan of Miria, I think Miria's would've been better if the music and lyrics were different.
Old 2007-11-17, 06:54   Link #149
speedy3020

Quote:
Priscilla's song is good, but the stupid Yoma voice decreases the quality for me. My favorites are Clare's, Galatea's, Irene's, Priscilla's, Ophelia's, and Miria's. Evem though I'm a fan of Miria, I think Miria's would've been better if the music and lyrics were different.
Mmm, I don't find the yoma parts to be too distracting personally, nothing like that rap business in Clare's.
Old 2007-11-17, 17:09   Link #150
Arcananine77

I think Ophelia's song sounds pretty nice. But it doesn't really fit her. The melody just doesn't scream ''Crazy witch!'' to me.
Old 2007-11-17, 17:20   Link #151
Arcananine77

My overall impression of Intimate Persona though, is that while the songs themselves are quite nice, they mostly don't fit their respective characters.

By far the most unfitting is Irene's. I just don't recognize that compozed and taciturn character when I listen to her song......

The only ones who fit pretty well in my opinion are Clare's and Miria's.
Old 2007-11-17, 21:30   Link #152
evangeline-stclare
CLARE OUT OF CLAYMORE!

I don't mind the yoma voice, it's kind of sexy in a weird way. I might be strange though in thinking that.

And yeah Ophelia's song is great, but it should have been more psychotic.

I guess one would have expected Irene's song to be more restrained, but it still doesn't strike me as terribly unfitting. She has strong emotions but they are under the surface, she has a lot of self-composure. (IMO...) It fits her badassedness and crazy quickness anyway...

Galatea's song is by far the only one I find really unfitting to the character. The rest I can deal with pretty much.
Old 2007-11-17, 22:28   Link #153
abcdefghijkLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy3020 View Post
Mmm, I don't find the yoma parts to be too distracting personally, nothing like that rap business in Clare's.
I dislike the whole rap thing in general ._. Whenever it gets to the rap part, I'm thinking "Damn!" Then I have to press the fast forward button to get past his annoying attempt at rap.
Old 2007-11-18, 12:13   Link #154
Arcananine77

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangeline-stclare View Post
I don't mind the yoma voice, it's kind of sexy in a weird way. I might be strange though in thinking that.

I guess one would have expected Irene's song to be more restrained, but it still doesn't strike me as terribly unfitting. She has strong emotions but they are under the surface, she has a lot of self-composure. (IMO...) It fits her badassedness and crazy quickness anyway...

Galatea's song is by far the only one I find really unfitting to the character. The rest I can deal with pretty much.
I'll agree Irene's song gets her badassedness over quite well. But that's just one aspect of her. And the song doesn't carry any other aspect of her character over for me...... Aw well.

Also, Helen's song is also quite nice now that I've listened to it a bit better. Really has that ''Passionate yet playful'' mood that really fits her personality.
Old 2007-11-18, 14:29   Link #155
abcdefghijkLOL

Quote:

I think Galatea's song isn't too far off the mark though, she seems to be mildly prideful and lofty.
Old 2007-11-18, 23:40   Link #156
evangeline-stclare
CLARE OUT OF CLAYMORE!

Yeah she is prideful, but the song sounds kind of obnoxious to me as well which doesn't fit her grace and restraint She definitely isn't loud and bombastic in her loftiness. The song sounds kind of schizophrenic too like they couldn't decide what parts to include in it. It's very weird to me. They could have given her a more dignified ballad without the random rapper and the schizophrenic shifts in tone and still kept the feeling of her great pride.

It's really the only song on there that I really think to myself "Man this really doesn't work for this character." The other ones may not either, but I just don't think about it or notice. I like most of the songs and love the voices anyway, so I'm just not bothered about it too much.
Old 2007-11-19, 09:18   Link #157
OliverPhoenix
Ophelia fan

I listened to the CD more (lots lots more) and I don't mind Miria's and Irene's songs that much now and Deneve's and Sophia's aren't so bad just kinda average,Ophelia's and Clare's are easily the best and my favourites though and the others didn't leave me much of a impression.

I think I dislike Teresa's and Galatea's the most but the overall CD is pretty decent and definately fits nicely into my Claymore collection.
Old 2007-11-19, 12:14   Link #158
Arcananine77

By the way, has anyone here had any succes finding any translations of the songs?
Old 2007-11-19, 15:10   Link #159
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
I've tried looking but haven't come up with anything.

Twitter
Old 2007-11-19, 20:24   Link #160
abcdefghijkLOL

Quote:
Yeah she is prideful, but the song sounds kind of obnoxious to me as well which doesn't fit her grace and restraint She definitely isn't loud and bombastic in her loftiness. The song sounds kind of schizophrenic too like they couldn't decide what parts to include in it. It's very weird to me. They could have given her a more dignified ballad without the random rapper and the schizophrenic shifts in tone and still kept the feeling of her great pride.

It's really the only song on there that I really think to myself "Man this really doesn't work for this character." The other ones may not either, but I just don't think about it or notice. I like most of the songs and love the voices anyway, so I'm just not bothered about it too much.
Mm, I agree, its a little too much, and I think all the songs could do without the lame rapping. I especially hate it during Clare's song where she's singing and then *BAM, its Raki!*