Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-27, 12:16   Link #201
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Note to self- actually READ the RAWs (I have a bunch of other already translated stuff I still need to read, hence why I'm behind on this...)

and yes, Aoi needs to be GAR... his GARness + Bridget's tsundereness = absolute win

... we're talking near R+V levels of win here. Which reminds me, would it be a good guess to say this series is monthly?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 12:41   Link #202
X207
Gamyūsa

i did find the vol2 raw pics, though the ddl link was broken. you just have to check some common manga sites.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 14:44   Link #203
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
But Satelizer stil ownz .. in tsundere department at least

And face department ... and 3 sizes ..

Ah screw it, Satelizer ownz.. Because KiNA says so
Yeah, tsundere plus gar... that has to be a new moe formula or something.

I can see this having a chance of being adapted into an anime one day. I just hope they won't mess with it, like say, what was done to Kurokami...
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 14:56   Link #204
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It's a pretty good chance that it's monthly - the art level and the number of pages lends itself to that but this is a Korean manwha. The fact that it's being translated into Japanese already (18 chapters) is a very good sign. No doubt the manwha is many more chapters ahead of this so hopefully we can get a Korean RAW provider soon...but with Aflame Inferno hitting such a large snag, chances of that happening are very low.
Old 2009-02-27, 17:44   Link #205
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

@ Tempest35:

Freezing is written and drawn by Koreans but is serialized originally in a Japanese magazine, so kinda hard to say it's being translated into Japanese cause it's released originally in Japanese (it's translated from Korean to Japanese during production of course).

So no, there is no Korean raw provider cause this thing originally releases in Japanese.

And besides, no Korean worth their rampant nationalism would dare make a Japanese the main lead.

Now Aflame Inferno is serialized in a Korean magazine, so that's 100% manhwa.

The reason why both series seem slow on releases would be cause the author and artist work on so many major serializations at once it's a miracle they've managed to keep up and not die of exhaustion. Maybe they've got legions of assistants.
Old 2009-02-27, 18:23   Link #206
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, if that's the case, the fact that they are keeping the Korean characters for the sound effects seems a bit odd...
Old 2009-02-27, 18:40   Link #207
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Now Aflame Inferno is serialized in a Korean magazine, so that's 100% manhwa.
I had been wondering for a long time now. So, manhwa is the Korean version of Japanese manga? I had seen the term "manhwa" all over the places.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 19:24   Link #208
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, maybe "Korean version of manga" isn't the right way of describing it. Manga and manhwa simply mean printed cartoons or comics in their respective language.

While both are comparable with each other, the main difference is that manga reads from right to left while manhwa is read from left to right.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:51   Link #209
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

right am I the only one that thinks the dude's(yea I've fortgotten the names, been awhile) "garness" comes in way too late regarding the part where that lass is shot in the leg.
Yea ok I don't know what exactly is going on, there might be some profound reason for not lifting a finger against them scum but if there is a reason it doesn't click with me at all.

Why wait till the lass is shot before making your move.......I know its to give us our "situation" but damn I hate when that happens

clearly the lad can pwn on quite a big scale, why let any harm come to his friends or himself?!

this rather meh scene puts me at odds on how "gar" the lead is

and no I won't accept hes going all gar after, to look all cool in front of the lass and save the day

and yes I know its our typical shouen fluff but I don't really want to think that about this series -__- altho now that I think about it it has been very typical shouen fluff from the start -_________-
Old 2009-02-28, 01:11   Link #210
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Why wait till the lass is shot before making your move.......I know its to give us our "situation" but damn I hate when that happens
Well, they were fighting back. That is, until one of them was taken as a hostage.
Old 2009-02-28, 05:49   Link #211
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The guys - the Limiters - 'can't' use the Freezing field unless they are with their particular partner. Aoi is different from normal Limiters in that he wasn't even officially set up with a Pandora and he can still break and counter freezing fields basically on his own. The fact that he could 'freeze' normal humans and leave his friends unaffected by the field in itself is pretty damn impressive.
Old 2009-02-28, 11:10   Link #212
X207
Gamyūsa

did he officially become her limiter?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-28, 11:34   Link #213
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I don't think so yet - he's 'unofficially' her limiter - the other girls/Pandoras know that he wants to be Bridget's limiter (and thus off-limits) and that she's more or less dragging her feet to it because of her 'issues' .
I think that's why Dana caused so much of a stir with Bridget since she wanted Aoi to become her Limiter instead (impressed by the GAR, his ability and all).
Old 2009-02-28, 12:10   Link #214
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... and it's those issues that make Bridget such a cute tsundere. Can anyone forget the blanket scene? She's the perfect mixture of moe, tsundere and sexiness... and Aoi with his GARness is just perfect for her

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 12:12   Link #215
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... and it's those issues that make Bridget such a cute tsundere. Can anyone forget the blanket scene? She's the perfect mixture of moe, tsundere and sexiness... and Aoi with his GARness is just perfect for her
and thats why rana lost the war . if she came earlier on in the manga then she'd have a better chance.
Old 2009-02-28, 12:40   Link #216
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Rana's not the type to give up... And frankly, I don't want her to. She's got a fearless spunkiness to her that fits well to her. And she's cute in her own right.
Old 2009-02-28, 12:45   Link #217
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Rana's not the type to give up... And frankly, I don't want her to. She's got a fearless spunkiness to her that fits well to her. And she's cute in her own right.
me neither but she wont gain enough ground to get satelizer off of him.
Old 2009-02-28, 13:03   Link #218
Newhope

Who's saying he can't have two Pandora athough they'll probably be at each others throat all the time.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 13:05   Link #219
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Would Aoi want Satellizer 'off of him'? And Aoi will be the first Limiter with two Pandoras. Let all the appropiate jokes of him being able to satisfy both women start....XD
Old 2009-02-28, 13:06   Link #220
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Who's saying he can't have two Pandora athough they'll probably be at each others throat all the time.
that would be amusing, a shy tsundere and an open pandora fighting over thier limiter. though it could be rivalry like seikirei ie tsukumi and his 1st sekirei.

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen