AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-01, 20:10   Link #30521
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
Of course.
That's the fun of being in forums
If I couldn't take it I would be stupid to even participate in them.
So we agree to disagree.

Anyways if Cao Cao turns good you guys own me cookies. Lots of them

@Nightmare Just stop. It's obvious that we're not getting anywhere.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:11   Link #30522
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
So we agree to disagree.

We have plenty of them here on the Dark Side.
Care to take a quick stroll over here
Old 2012-05-01, 20:11   Link #30523
Mistic

being with power seem to fall into 2 categories goofy, kind, perverts who rarely get serious azazel and odin. but then there is other a selfish guys who cause large scale problems hades, loki, indra.

Now which does cao cao seem to fit in best with
Old 2012-05-01, 20:12   Link #30524
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
So we agree to disagree.

Awwwwww...

I was having fun tooooo!

ok so who has a new topic?

Mistic@who care's if we don't know the reason any way i'm done now sry Darth for getting harsh i owe you cake now
Old 2012-05-01, 20:12   Link #30525
Clue
nMe

CaoCao itself doesn't seem like bad guy.
He doesn't seem like the type that would hate someone without a motive.
I bet most people would be corrupted if they received the same amount of power he had
Also, we don't know whether what he experienced in the past might have caused a deep dislike for other races...
I would rather not judge a character based off of a couple days of his life.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:14   Link #30526
Mistic

i guess being raised by indra will make you a dick no matter how hard you try not to be
Old 2012-05-01, 20:16   Link #30527
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare637 View Post
Awwwwww...

I was having fun tooooo!

ok so who has a new topic?

Mistic@who care's if we don't know the reason any way i'm done now sry Darth for getting harsh i owe you cake now
You bet you do.
But none of the chocolate ones. And no peanuts too.
Please
New topic, new topic.....
Sub-species, how about that one?
Old 2012-05-01, 20:22   Link #30528
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
You bet you do.
But none of the chocolate ones. And no peanuts too.
Please
New topic, new topic.....
Sub-species, how about that one?
He's gained all his power ups through breasts and love for the girls so maybe somthing will happen during one of his Dates and he'll gain Sub-species

Or since the author said issei could master DD in the future maybe that will lead to sub-speicies.

So Vanilla, strawberry, or carrot your choice
Old 2012-05-01, 20:23   Link #30529
Clue
nMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistic View Post
i guess being raised by indra will make you a dick no matter how hard you try not to be
We know he took him in at an early age maybe because his parents werent around.
1 They died or they were killed(if they were killed by another races this would explain the origin of his hate)
2 They abandoned him
right off the bat he starts out as a pitiable character.

Then he ends up living with the giga dbag Indra. if indra
pushed his own ideologies on him, this would also explain why he hates other races.

Maybe he has been influenced by other heroes that, as a descendant, its his destiny to kill mythological creatures.

there's way too many unknowns to say whether he is truly evil or not.
I think that once he realizes that not every mythological creature is evil he will come to accept them.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:26   Link #30530
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
He's gained all his power ups through breasts and love for the girls so maybe somthing will happen during one of his Dates and he'll gain Sub-species

Or since the author said issei could master DD in the future maybe that will lead to sub-speicies.

So Vanilla, strawberry, or carrot your choice
Attaining sub-species on one of the dates wouldn't bode well with the overall story.
But perhaps reaching it during battle because of something that happened during one of the dates isn't out of the question.
So, what of that event and with who it might happen?
Old 2012-05-01, 20:30   Link #30531
zzhk
Summary Machine

I think the author already explained it best in Volume 9.

The main characters have all been defined, so Cao Cao is at best a villain or an occasional appearance. Unless he joins the Gremory group, which is impossible since the fictional characters are just as emotional in their hatred as some of the real life posters in this thread.

The motivations of the Hero faction are understandable, though their means may be questionable.

But certainly neither Cao Cao nor Vali have been totally upfront. Since Cao Cao seems to be out for now, I wonder if their hidden agenda will be revealed (unless it's explained in Volume 12).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 9 Afterword
The number of characters are increasing, but as long as the you are familiar with the Gremory group, Irina, Ddraig, Azazel, Sirzechs and Vali there's no problem. Because the story basically revolves around them. Everyone else are occasional appearances and villains.

Let's talk about the Hero faction next. They are humans. When I was writing DxD I thought, if the devils, angels and fallen angels ally, who will feel threatened the most? The answer is humans. If you suddenly heard that "devils and fallen angels have allied!" Wouldn't that feel rather scary? The path they pursue is the one taken by RPG protagonists who defeat Maou and dragons. But other than that, Cao Cao and his group has other plans... Vali is also involved.
As for subspecies, I think it's just a fancy name for Sacred Gear evolution. Certainly inevitable for Ise, from the way Sacred Gears are supposed to respond to emotions. Like the shadow user who shaped his Balance Breaker because he wanted armor like Ise's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
By the way, I'm not sure why people seem to be talking about subspecies as if it was a single well-defined stage -- something you achieve once and that's it.

Borrowing from the biological concept of subspecies -- evolved differences that distinguishes from the main/original species, a Sacred Gear only needs to acquire new characteristics to be counted as a subspecies.

Since it's a process of evolution, why would there be a definitive end? Wouldn't it be a continuous process where it is possible to keep evolving?
Or perhaps even acquire enough differences to become a new species (new type of Sacred Gear).

Of course, since Sacred Gears don't breed (or do they?), the whole idea of species is kind of arbitrarily imposed.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-05-01, 20:34   Link #30532
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Attaining sub-species on one of the dates wouldn't bode well with the overall story.
But perhaps reaching it during battle because of something that happened during one of the dates isn't out of the question.
So, what of that event and with who it might happen?
Maybe they'll get attacked by either the mage faction ar vamp since thats what the next vol. entails
Old 2012-05-01, 20:37   Link #30533
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Maybe they'll get attacked by either the mage faction ar vamp since thats what the next vol. entails
Yeah, a vampire attacking one of Ise's girls is an acceptable trigger for him to:
1) destroy the entire place with aura only
2) kick the vampire's sorry undead ass back to his coffin
3) along the way unlocking a sub-species for his boosted gear

If that happens I wonder what the author will give Ise as a sub-species.
Side note here: aren't all the sub-species so far presented related to Dragons?
Old 2012-05-01, 20:41   Link #30534
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Wow isn't even the word that would describe all the posts I have read lately. Maybe it is good I take a step back and let you guys have your own discussions without getting involved. There were some posts that were off topic so keep those to a minimum. Back on topic, I understand the Hero Faction ambitions, they are quite similar to Japan back in the 1940s. Strangely enough both Japan and Hero faction did something wrong which was to piss off the wrong people trying to obtain their ambitions. Though the only difference now is Japan is back to its happy self while Cao Cao and the Hero Brigade are staying in a nice gloomy, depressing, and probably hot as a volcano Greek Hell. Since zzhk had to pull it up, vol 9 afterwords confirms that we will always follow Ise, his harem, team, and his funny friends.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:42   Link #30535
Log

Quote:
Yeah, a vampire attacking one of Ise's girls is an acceptable trigger for him to:
1) destroy the entire place with aura only
2) kick the vampire's sorry undead ass back to his coffin
3) along the way unlocking a sub-species for his boosted gear

If that happens I wonder what the author will give Ise as a sub-species.
Side note here: aren't all the sub-species so far presented related to Dragons?
I'm pretty sure that TL isn't related to dragons.

Although thus far every major power up for Issei has been because of a romantic progression because of Rias.

Fighting for Rias unlocked Boast. BB and Trianna was unlocked through groping Rias's breasts. CCQ was unlocked through a love confession with Rias. So the next logical progression is......................
Old 2012-05-01, 20:46   Link #30536
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that TL isn't related to dragons.

Although thus far every major power up for Issei has been because of a romantic progression because of Rias.

Fighting for Rias unlocked Boast. BB and Trianna was unlocked through groping Rias's breasts. CCQ was unlocked through a love confession with Rias. So the next logical progression is......................
I'd like the other girls to get there time to shine, so i whant his sub-species to be triggered by the support of the oter girls
Old 2012-05-01, 20:47   Link #30537
Log

Quote:
I'd like the other girls to get there time to shine, so i whant his sub-species to be triggered by the support of the oter girls
I want it also but the author seems to be intent on focusing major power ups due to Rias.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:52   Link #30538
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
I want it also but the author seems to be intent on focusing major power ups due to Rias.
Well that was more to emphasize his love for her, and sense that love has fully been reciprocated he should show his love for all the girls with his newest power up
Old 2012-05-01, 21:12   Link #30539
sky black swordman

Quote:
Well that was more to emphasize his love for her, and sense that love has fully been reciprocated he should show his love for all the girls with his newest power up
Yeah I am with you on this I also think the next power up should be the girls.
Old 2012-05-01, 21:19   Link #30540
NeutralZero

Usually, parenting = brainwashing either subconscious or not... kinda like in Kodomo no Jikan...
Cao Cao was raised by Indra and Vali was raised by Azazel...
In which case Vali isn't as perverted as Azazel even if he had a butt fetish or whatnot...
Cao Cao on the other hand, since we know not of his past only to his act of the present along with his motives for us(me) that is... unlike Vali...
It may have been because of Indra but he didn't seem to hate them as much as Indra does...
Then again it could also be his ego as a descendant of Cao Cao or an ego of a hero... so many possibilities...
Speaking of dates, everyone form the gremory group asked him out right? cmiiw. including Gasper right? then perhaps v14 or the very least V13SS might feature them... the story may even dig Gasper's past...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural