AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-20, 14:32   Link #1121
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Looking at that image of The Second, it looks like he has the same hairstyle as Saten.

Also doesnt it seem that Saten has more than one fragment? I mean he has shown various powers besides Thermal Conversion.

He has shown:
Thermal Conversion
Power (He matched Blade and Gido said that they were evenly matched in power)
Speed (He was able to get behind Setsuna without her realizing it at high speed)
Fragrance (In the anime he was sitting way above but in the manga he was on ground level when Lilith Temptation was used and was not affected by it, although the other girls were also unaffected I assume that is because they were close enough to the source that it was just blown away from them by her fan)
Time Control (He almost seemingly stopped time and had that long/slow conversation with Eve about how she could go help Cruz. Since a normal talk like that would be noticed in normal time and since Eve is fairly slow I doubt she would have gotten it if he talked really fast and I assume someone like Disc who is suspicious of Saten to not notice such a long pause)
Teleportation/Invisibility (When he was watching Blade and them from atop the building at the end of chapter 7, he made the whole building vanish in a instant. If it had simply fallen down Blade and them would have noticed, but just the presence of it was gone which Cruz noticed)

Also his build/hair are all similar to blade and arclight, his neck AND forehead is constantly covered by that cloth. He has ties to the government which have the Eden Cells that were used to make Blade and Arclight. In Needless 0 II it shows that Saten is younger than Arclight.

Maybe Saten is a closer clone to The Second than either Blade or Arclight that the government created after the blast at the Adam Project lab. It doesnt seem that the government would not have the data on how to create more clones successfully after Blade was made.
1. Obviously his strenght is insane, not fruit of a fragment.
2. Same
3. WHUT?
4. WHUT?!
5. WTF

Great, you're calling Saten is The Second when all he has been doing since his introduction is accomplishing the steps to revive him...
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 14:47   Link #1122
Sekirei07

No im not calling him the second, and when has he said he is trying to revive the second? He is collecting DNA from various Needless.

Explain how he made a whole building vanish without anyone noticing except for Cruz when he looked over and just noticed it was gone. He didnt hear anything fall it was looking in the direction and noticing it was gone that he noticed it gone so it did not just fall over.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/needless/v02/c008/32.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/needless/v02/c008/33.html

The Seconds Hair
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...7?t=1258746728
Vs. Saten
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...5?t=1258746604

Pausing like this to talk without anyone noticing seems kinda odd as well
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...5?t=1258747507

The fact that both his forehead and neck are always covered

Although his speed movement was never done in the manga when he went to talk to the girls before kicking Cruz/Kuru like he did in the anime

Saten in range of Lilth Temptation but unaffected by it:
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...6?t=1258746877

Your ignoring all this and dont think any of it is strange?

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2009-11-20 at 15:06.
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 14:56   Link #1123
Homura7

Quote:
No im not calling him the second, and when has he said he is trying to revive the second? He is collecting DNA from various Needless.

Explain how he made a whole building vanish without anyone noticing except for Cruz when he looked over and just noticed it was gone. He didnt hear anything fall it was looking in the direction and noticing it was gone that he noticed it gone so it did not just fall over.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/needless/v02/c008/32.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/needless/v02/c008/33.html
He's just collecting DNA you say? Why bother asking me when I know you can't read the manga in japanese?

And are you saying someone like Saten should fall in that stupid temptation? What a joke is that?
Old 2009-11-20, 15:20   Link #1124
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
He's just collecting DNA you say? Why bother asking me when I know you can't read the manga in japanese?

And are you saying someone like Saten should fall in that stupid temptation? What a joke is that?
I have studied just enough to get the most basics of it, plus I have taken classes on how to interrupt comic art to figure out what is going on. I was able to figure out that contest that Kafka and Uten had for the seat of Uten involving Riru's necklace easily enough. So I trust in my own abilities to understand,and yet... how can I prove you can? anyways back on track.

So your saying that just cause he is Saten he would not fall for it? Than why did he... hmm now that I think about it he did blow away Fragrance when Blade tried it on him. Why would he do that if it could not affect him. But than again Cruz said it seemed like Saten was just showing off the whole time.

I ask you as a logical question as to how can The Second be revived if his body was swallowed up by Arclight? Their is nothing of him left to revive spare his clones.

Edit: and you have still yet to comment on the missing building phenomena
Old 2009-11-20, 15:25   Link #1125
Homura7

Quote:
and yet... how can I prove you can? anyways back on track.

So your saying that just cause he is Saten he would not fall for it? Than why did he... hmm now that I think about it he did blow away Fragrance when Blade tried it on him. Why would he do that if it could not affect him. But than again Cruz said it seemed like Saten was just showing off the whole time.

I ask you as a logical question as to how can The Second be revived if his body was swallowed up by Arclight? Their is nothing of him left to revive spare his clones.
Nothing left you say?

I won't answer your question, instead I'll let plot answer it for me.
Old 2009-11-20, 15:37   Link #1126
Sekirei07

Quote:
Edit: and you have still yet to comment on the missing building phenomena
and yet still wont comment. Your kinda running away from stuff you, yourself cant explain and putting on a tough front without seeing it from all angles. Im atleast looking at things and when I see I have made a mistake, I admit to it.

Edit: Plus it has been said that other nations want Needless samples, Saten is collecting DNA from Needless'. I think that might be a clue. I also wonder about what the purpose of the Needless Hunt is, just doesnt seem like Arclight trying to collect all the fragments. Like what could that strange thing in the Simeon building have been. Did anything happen to it during the PF Zero blast? So much is still unknown...

But Saten does seem to be almost at the center of all this and im just trying to dive more into who he is. Look at everything he can do, what he does, and how he does it. If you really DO know something. Than say something or show something that aids in it!
Old 2009-11-20, 15:40   Link #1127
Homura7

Quote:
and yet still wont comment. Your kinda running away from stuff you, yourself cant explain and putting on a tough front without seeing it from all angles. Im atleast looking at things and when I see I have made a mistake, I admit to it.
Oh, that? That building turned dust with one of the special properties of his fragment. Who cares for a single building though...
Old 2009-11-20, 15:48   Link #1128
Sekirei07

Quote:
Oh, that? That building turned dust with one of the special properties of his fragment. Who cares for a single building though...
Hmm I guess that is tech possible, if he had slowed down a monstrous amount of molecules beforehand and than just let all that movement go into the building it would be similar to how Aruka's power works in that he could have made it all move so fast that it turned to ash in an instant. Good point, I will take note on that.

So anyways, what are your theories about Saten, I would like to know
Old 2009-11-20, 16:22   Link #1129
Homura7

Quote:
So anyways, what are your theories about Saten, I would like to know
Through the whole story up until now and more significantly during the whole fight in third shelter, Saten did many strange things to the point allies as Aruka suspected of him.

Saten is very clever, one of the most intelligent from Simeon if not the most. Not only that, he's very informed too. He knows a lot of things about Blade, Eve, Gido, Arclight himself... and Cruz, the reason of each one of the actions he took.

Now here goes a list of each of his most questionable actions:

-He withholds info from Arclight, such as Blade's location or when he's seen missing during the final fight in Simeon tower.

-By direct order from Arclight, he took Kurumi and made her mind-control Eve. However, just before that, Saten stated Eve as a genious when she's obviously an idiot.

Now onto the important stuff:

-During the confrontation against the killer squad and Eve, Saten watched the whole fight from his monitor... until Kurumi died. Then, when he noticed Cruz's group had no chance to come out of there alive with Blade gravely injured, Saten decided to make his entry but not before calling for Aruka.

-First he let Cruz have Kurumi and kicked her corpse pointing at the direction Blade was lying. Disk then understood Saten did that on purpose to help them but wondered why.

-During his fight against Blade, Saten deliberately let him copy his fragment on purpose. The reason is because he knew Aruka is lots of times stronger than Blade, and knew that without his fragment Blade would have had no chance to beat her. In the end it turned out like this, Saten's fragment became the key for Blade's victory against her. Aruka, in a event that was omited in the anime, accused Saten of being the responsible of her defeat.

-When Aruka went to kill Cruz, everyone tried to help him but Saten got in their way allowing Aruka to mortally wound Cruz. However, after that, he let Blade get in the way.

-During his fight against Eve and while Cruz was dying, Saten, knowing Cruz's heart stopped it's beat thus meaning he died, faked defeat telling Eve how he would attack next. He even predicted Eve wouldn't believe his words and that she would attack from the other direction.

-Saten waited inside the ruble until he assured Cruz came back to life. Just when Aruka was about to finish Cruz off, Saten not only didn't move an inch, he even smiled, as if he knew what was going to happen.

-With the excuse of the elevator, Saten never went to witness Blade and Arclight's fight.

-After PF Zero explosion, Arclight ordered Saten to go find new strong needless for Simeon. Instead, he again is seen acting on his own and reappeared next to Eve in underground hospital. What's more, he waited more than a week, the amount of days Eve needed in order to recover, before coming there.

Now tell me you don't find each move Saten made strange and I'll laugh If not for him, Cruz and everyone would have never come out alive from third shelter.

Please, take note

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-20 at 16:54.
Old 2009-11-20, 17:00   Link #1130
shadowii

Quote:
Through the whole story up until now and more significantly during the whole fight in third shelter, Saten did many strange things to the point allies as Aruka suspected of him.

Saten is very clever, one of the most intelligent from Simeon if not the most. Not only that, he's very informed too. He knows a lot of things about Blade, Eve, Gido, Arclight himself... and Cruz, the reason of each one of the actions he took.

Now here goes a list of each of his most questionable actions:

-He withholds info from Arclight, such as Blade's location or when he's seen missing during the final fight in Simeon tower.

-By direct order from Arclight, he took Kurumi and made her mind-control Eve. However, just before that, Saten stated Eve as a genious when she's obviously an idiot.

-During the confrontation against the killer squad and Eve, Saten watched the whole fight from his monitor... until Kurumi died. Then, when he noticed Cruz's group had no chance to come out of there alive with Blade gravely injured, Saten decided to make his entry.

-First he let Cruz have Kurumi and kicked her corpse pointing at the direction Blade was lying. Disk then understood Saten did that on purpose to help them but wondered why.

-During his fight against Blade, Saten deliberately let him copy his fragment on purpose. The reason is because he knew Aruka is lots of times stronger than Blade, and knew that without his fragment Blade would have had no chance to beat her. In the end it turned out like this, Saten's fragment became the key for Blade's victory against her. Aruka, in a event that was omited in the anime, accused Saten of being the responsible of her defeat.

-When Aruka went to kill Cruz, everyone tried to help him but Saten got in their way allowing Aruka to mortally wound Cruz. However, after that, he let Blade get in the way.

-During his fight against Eve and while Cruz was dying, Saten, knowing Cruz's heart stopped it's beat thus meaning he died, faked defeat telling Eve how he would attack next. He even predicted Eve wouldn't believe his words and that she would attack from the other direction.

-Saten waited inside the ruble until he was assured Cruz came back to life. Just when Aruka was about to finish Cruz off, Saten not only didn't move an inch, he even smiled, as if he knew what was going to happen.

-With the excuse of the elevator, Saten never went to witness Blade and Arclight's fight.

-After PF Zero explosion, Arclight ordered Saten to go to find new strong needless for Simeon. Instead, he again is acting on his own and appeared next to Eve in the underground hospital. What's more, he waited more than a week, the amount of days Eve needed in order to recover.

Now tell me you don't find each move Saten made strange and I'll laugh If not for him, Cruz and everyone would have never come out alive from third shelter.

Please, take note
Thats mostly right. but kurusu that part about the fight is anime only, in the manga he does witness the fight He's right beside Arclight.
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...0?t=1258753973
Also didnt he just tell Eve to pretend he was beating her up instead of calling her a genius before kurumi gave the black kiss.

Sekirei07: just to mention
My theory about Saten is that he's actually Gido's scientist friend Kannazuki Kyouji.
this is him: Not a great picture but he's a good bit taller than younger Gido
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...1?t=1258755432
Dont ask me how he got a body similar to the Adam's because frankly i have no idea. But while there is not any evidence to support the theory in the manga there is in the anime.

In the anime fillars

Spoiler for Saten/Kannazuki connection:

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-11-20 at 23:23.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 17:08   Link #1131
Homura7

Man, that panel, it's hard to notice him, thanks, shadowii^^ Well then, that itself trashes the fillers where Saten is seen with the council. I don't believe he's Gido's scientist partner, hell, I'm starting to believe he lived for more than half a century or even more than just that.
Old 2009-11-20, 17:26   Link #1132
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Who Saten is in the manga and the anime might be different (hope not) and i definitly hope for a season2 of Needless anime.

Saten is bandaged up seems like his face and other parts of his body are badly scarred. So he could be a survivor. Nothing indicates that Gido+kids are the only ones since also Arclight survived and Gido didnt see him there. When he collected the 2 kids.
So who knows who else survived. Possible that Arclight saved Saten to take care of him while hes regenerating, like he is regenerating now after such a big blast.
Him being a failed Adam is nearly impossible since all the other test subjects disintegrated, Blade was complete and Arclight had only defects. So unless there was a hidden A-S 80 i dunno
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 17:36   Link #1133
Homura7

Usually the original(manga in that case) tends to differ a lot from whatever filler the anime puts, and that happens with almost all the series.
Old 2009-11-20, 17:41   Link #1134
Ca12nag3

they didnt do that much, in the manga saten has 2 balloons of text during the entire endfight of the fighting arc.
Not that much hes more or less wallpaper in that part of the story, were the Anime takes him to the board committee.
Also the Cruz sees sister in Lillith Temptation.
The 3 (Pretty) Girl squad members only nude-photograph those other 2 whilst in the manga they kill them.
Thats about it for significant stuff. And about Saten again in the manga he seems just as much a 2 sided character as in the anime.
Just hope the endplot doesnt get to much hinder from it.
Old 2009-11-20, 21:34   Link #1135
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
About Cruz's miracles/unexplained things.

-Cruz figured out Satens powers(or knowledge he himself already has subcontious?) Invisible Inspection
-Cruz didnt get killed by Aruka's second attack, unknown why Deadly Mystic
-Cruz broke out of the Lilith Temptation pre-Blades attack on Kuchinashi. So it was still active...Invisible Inspection
-Cruz survived the final blast of the explosion unscratched Deadly Mystic
-Cruz survived a massive fall & recognized Setsuna without seeing her Deadly Mystic & Invisible Inspection
And his last ability, Fain Hyurihi Ung Frau, even managed to down Blade in the last chapter

Needless Horror House summed up all Cruz's Fragments pretty nicely.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 00:32   Link #1136
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
And his last ability, Fain Hyurihi Ung Frau, even managed to down Blade in the last chapter

Needless Horror House summed up all Cruz's Fragments pretty nicely.
I didn't even notice that...maybe it was because I laugh like hell everytime I read Horror House and didn't think what happen at all....
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:03   Link #1137
Sekirei07

Saten is younger than Arclight though right? He looked like a teenager during the Needless 0 II chapter with Riru when it was the Arclight, Saten, Uten (Kafka) party. So would he not be older than Arclight if he was one of the scientist?

I still feel some kinda link between The Second and Saten, I mean we dont know his real name anyways. He seems to be with the government, but that is seemingly anime only.

Oh god I just thought of how the anime could end with 24 episodes and not do the PF Zero blast which would force a continuation. Since Government guys in latest episode seem to want Arclight out of the picture now, they are using Blade to do it > Blade hurts Arclight > Arclight goes beast mode > Government sends in trouble before Arclight could do PF Zero blast > big ass battle ensues > Blade team wins > Cruz spends rest of his life as Blades errand boy > the end

Think thats how it will play out if they dont do a third season of Needless? God I hope not....
Old 2009-11-21, 07:19   Link #1138
Ca12nag3

Dont think age is relevant look at how Arclight apeared older then Blade when they first met (when arclight was in his hidious form) His size and posture were that of an adult. Dont forget they are clones, they might have higher aging systems so they mature faster.
Old 2009-11-21, 09:32   Link #1139
Homura7

Apart from knowing Arclight wants his body, Saten's interest with Blade is zero.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-21 at 09:50.
Old 2009-11-21, 10:06   Link #1140
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Saten's interest is Eve's body.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen