AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 23:23   Link #41
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

dgpasidh You got us all excited for nothing? XD Ah well...

Ummm

So, I guess this is the right place for it, um... was Milly actually romantically interested in Shirley, do you think, or was she just kidding? How about Nina? We know she had interest in Lelouch, so she's not completely lesbian, but I wonder if she was bi...?
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 02:30   Link #42
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Nina had interest in Lelouch? I didn't knew that, i think it's one of those things i didn't notice at all, just like Milly having interest in him... I don't know, Nina is strange, i remember that i thought she was going to be with Lloyd(or at least work with him someday) in the season 1 because they looked very alike, but even then, it didn't get anywhere and i never did understand the love she had for Euphemia well, Euphemia saved her and stuff, but after that she turned into a maniac for her! It's strange... In the end, i failed to comprehend Nina and i think that's the one of the reasons i dislike her.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 03:46   Link #43
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
So, I guess this is the right place for it, um... was Milly actually romantically interested in Shirley, do you think, or was she just kidding? How about Nina? We know she had interest in Lelouch, so she's not completely lesbian, but I wonder if she was bi...?
Milly was teasing Shirley, out of jealously regarding Lelouch, because she wanted her to feel a little uncomfortable. Milly is neither a lesbian or bi-sexual, as far as I could tell. She never made any sexual moves, other than playing around with Shirley's breasts, at any of the other girls. Unless, of course, the girls have expressed an interest with Lelouch, like Kallen. From Milly's view, if any of the other girls wants Lelouch, they would have to go through her first. If the girls are not comfortable around Milly's sexual teasing, then they simply leave Lelouch alone, which is what Milly was hoping for.

Nina is Milly's childhood friend. And she has no romantic interest in her either. Just like Suzaku is Lelouch's childhood friend.

There was some buildup with Milly's character towards Lelouch in season one. However, it was almost non-existant in the first half of season two, and completely non-existant in the last half of the season. Whatever was to have happened between Milly x Lelouch, by personal speculation, got carried over to Kallen's character buildup instead. That is just my honest opinion.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 09:20   Link #44
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Milly was teasing Shirley, out of jealously regarding Lelouch, because she wanted her to feel a little uncomfortable.
Not really. I mean, she did like teasing her, but on a certain level, she did want to see them together. In Stage 12, she did tell Shirley after her usual Milly-teasing "things that do not change go extinct" <--referring to Shirley's feelings towards Lulu, as revealing them.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 12:31   Link #45
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Nina had interest in Lelouch?
No, no, I meant Milly. ^^'

Hm... well, okay. But she did seem to make a lot of rather sexual gestures toward Shirley, ones that didn't seem quite like jealousy or just teasing sometimes... :/
Old 2009-06-14, 16:39   Link #46
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Whatever was to have happened between Milly x Lelouch, by personal speculation, got carried over to Kallen's character buildup instead. That is just my honest opinion.
I guess for myself. During S1 you did at one point have Shirley and Suzaku(If I remember correctly) believe they may have been something between Lelouch and Kallen. Which Kallen quickly denied both times. Kallen's development toward Lelouch in R2. You could say were being set up to an certain extent but not much during S1. However, with the ending of S1. I initially thought Kallen finding out who Zero was right at the end would be significant for the next season.

About Milly. I just thought the way she acts around Shirley was natural for her. She seemed to love to tease Shirley alot and enjoyed it.

No comment on the Lelouch/sisters pairings.
Old 2009-06-14, 16:45   Link #47
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Whatever was to have happened between Milly x Lelouch, by personal speculation, got carried over to Kallen's character buildup instead. That is just my honest opinion.
But the staff stated, from S1, even before the "alterations" were made, that Kallen's romantic development, was gonna get moved in R2 pretty much.
What gives you this idea then? Considering that Milly was not a big part in S1 in the first place. From the Ashford gang, only Shirley was supposed to have a bigger role when it came to be close to Lelouch.
Old 2009-06-14, 17:03   Link #48
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
they said LELOUCH's romantic development would be moved to season 2
they said that kallen's PLOT LINE would also be moved
but not that KALLEN's romantic development would be moved to season 2
thats just the way it happened
Old 2009-06-14, 17:06   Link #49
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
People have already commented on how this is wrong, so I'll only comment on the bold. It's ok to have your own opinion, and it's perfectly fine if you want to ship those two, but deliberately causing conflict with statements this absurd is really just pushing it. Kallen's development is hers and hers alone. She didn't steal it from Milly.
Old 2009-06-14, 17:16   Link #50
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
they said LELOUCH's romantic development would be moved to season 2
they said that kallen's PLOT LINE would also be moved
but not that KALLEN's romantic development would be moved to season 2
thats just the way it happened
Well, it is pretty much the same, looking at this perspective from how things turned out now. Besides, there was supposed to be a blindfolded ZeroKallen kiss in S1, that said it was gonna get transferred in a way, in the second season. This is why i said, Kallen's romantic development, unless the kisses on this show, mean nothing. {and i do not mean, the back-up-memories kisses}
And blade, lol, no need to capslock everything you know. 8D
Old 2009-06-14, 17:33   Link #51
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i know that its what it ENDED up being
but thats not the entire level of the original plan
there was suppose to be as sub plot involving her father as well
and THAT is part of what would have been moved to season 2 (if it wasnt dropped altogether)

and about the cupslock
you have your own signiture way of talking 8D
let ME have mine
Old 2009-06-14, 17:38   Link #52
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
i know that its what it ENDED up being
but thats not the entire level of the original plan
there was suppose to be as sub plot involving her father as well
and THAT is part of what would have been moved to season 2 (if it wasnt dropped altogether)

and about the cupslock
you have your own signiture way of talking 8D
let ME have mine

Blade, i do know that, but since i am on the romance thread, i only focused on that aspect, i am not gonna analyze all of Kallen's whereabouts here. 8D
But yes, sorry but Kallen did not steal Milly's romantic thunder, this is so incorrect, partly {among other things}, because the show itself was not structured that way, honest.

p.s it was a joke bakashi, and yeah my bold-tahoma has been my sig on forums since i was online. I guess you got your capslockand tl;dr that everyone adores though, haha. 8D
Old 2009-06-14, 17:47   Link #53
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

true
the idea that kallen "stole" milly's part is laughable
Old 2009-06-14, 18:26   Link #54
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
true
the idea that kallen "stole" milly's part is laughable
Oh romance thread.

Sigh feels like home
Old 2009-06-14, 21:10   Link #55
Nobodyman9
Banned

All right, here goes. Ahem...

HEAR ME PEOPLE!

Friends, Kalulus, Shirlulus, lend me your ears!

I came to this forum with a dream. A dream of discussing the wonderful Code Geass anime in a civilized and respectful environment, while meeting new people and gaining new perspectives. And I’d say, for the most part, that dream has been fulfilled. However, it would be foolhardy for me to ignore the considerably deplorable behavior in which some of us, in the past, have conducted ourselves. I assure you I am not here to point fingers, name names, or lay blame for past misdeeds, but I rather I come before you today in the hopes of laying the foundation for a new era of peace and prosperity.

Now, it is my experience that a good deal of the conflict in the past had arisen from debates and arguments regarding the pairings of Lelouch. More specifically, it seems much of the heated debate had resulted from feuds between those who pair him with Kallen and those who pair him with Shirley, I myself being part of the latter group. But let’s take a minute to observe these three characters, why don’t we?

Exhibit A

Lelouch vi Britannia, A.K.A. Lelouch Lamperouge, A.K.A. Zero

The deceitful, manipulative and impassioned prince of Britannia and leader of the Black Knights.

Exhibit B

Kallen Kozuki, A.K.A. Kallen Stadtfeld

The ace pilot of the Black Knights with unrivaled ferocity and loyalty.

Exhibit C

Shirley Fenette

The poor, tortured, yet endlessly optimistic Ashford student.

They are each very important to the story and all quite fascinating in their own right, but to think that they could be the root of so much conflict and unneeded hate between two respectable groups. In the past these two groups have fought to justify their pairings, trying, perhaps, to get ahead of the other and “win” the shipping war. They both had their ups and downs, witnessing events that worked for and against their ships, but in the end no clear canon pairing came through. After which the two groups gathered whatever bits of evidence they had left and used them to argue their cases, leading to fierce debates and ugly words all in the name of deciding which pairing was “closest to canon.”

But I say to you now that that era is over. The age of petty quarrels and nonsensical squabbling is at an end. If we are to function as a community than change must be made. We can no longer live the way we used to with one side trying to dominate the other. I say to you today that, in regards to Kalulu and Shirlulu, that there was no winner! Neither side came closest to canon, but rather they were, and always will be, evenly matched.

Now do not misunderstand me, I am not here to day to tell anyone what to think, believe, or prefer. We all have our favorite ships, and we all take joy in appreciated and embracing whatever appeals to our personal preferences. However, now that the series is over and almost all major supplementary material has been released, it is high time we officially recognize the equality of these two ships. I have seen the same evidences that you all have and it is clear that the staff of Code Geass never meant for there to be a clear winner.

Therefore I hereby announce the formation of the Kalulu Shirlulu Equality Alliance! As a group we will fight for the belief that Kalulu and Shirlulu are equal in both validity and probability, and all are welcome to join. You will find a link at the end of this post.

I have delivered the stroke, now the ball is in your court my fellow shippers. I trust you will see the truth and together we will be able to bring forth a new age free of useless feuding where Kalulus and Shirlulus can stand as equals.

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2009-06-15 at 00:19.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 22:56   Link #56
darthfury78

One must also remember that Shirley's storyline had ended with Turn 13. So the focus was towards Kallen. Also, we don't know what the original plans for Kallen's character development was to have been were it not for the changes that the producers had to make towards the plot of the second season. For all we know, it might have had Kallen in a completely different light than what we saw in the final cut. They did mention that her character development was to have been the focus for the second season. But, instead, the focus was Kallen's feelings towards Lelouch.

May I remind everyone here that a lot of fans were heavily debating upon C.C. x Lelouch and Kallen x Lelouch, even though there was very little evidence to support a romantic relationship of those two pairings. I'll admit that the real romantic focus was towards Shirley x Lelouch. But we don't really know how far that relationship would have gone if Shirley had not died. With her memories restored, there would have been a sense of guilt between Shirley and Lelouch over her father's death. I would have found it very difficult to be with a girl whose father that I was indirectly responsible for his death among hundreds of lives.

Since we're on the subject of Kallen, why do you think that she is a good match for Lelouch instead of Milly, now that Shirley is dead?

In addition, it still surprises me that no one talks about C.C. x Lelouch anymore, as opposed to last year's debate about this pairing.

Some might feel that Milly x Lelouch is laughable. The same could be applied to any other pairing without the logic to back it up.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 23:05   Link #57
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Also, we don't know what the original plans for Kallen's character development was to have been were it not for the changes that the producers had to make towards the plot of the second season. For all we know, it might have had Kallen in a completely different light than what we saw in the final cut. They did mention that her character development was to have been the focus for the second season. But, instead, the focus was Kallen's feelings towards Lelouch.
Given that we know that a cut scene from the first season was Kallen and Zero action, I think you're deluding yourself here. What happened, happened, and wouldn't have happened too differently in the original. Also, you seem to not know the meaning of character development, since you assume romantic development is not it.

Quote:
Since we're on the subject of Kallen, why do you think that she is a good match for Lelouch instead of Milly, now that Shirley is dead?
Because he's actually interested in Kallen. Milly, not so much.

Quote:
In addition, it still surprises me that no one talks about C.C. x Lelouch anymore, as opposed to last year's debate about this pairing.
It doesn't have much further to go, what with the "doesn't think of her as a lover" line that popped up.

Quote:
Some might feel that Milly x Lelouch is laughable. The same could be applied to any other pairing without the logic to back it up.
But they do have logic that validates them as pairings, while Milly x Lelouch doesn't have much if anything.
Old 2009-06-14, 23:20   Link #58
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

@morbofist: Wasn't the cut scene between Zero and Kallen was an kiss right? If I remember correctly it was.

Even the gum line for R2 was cut which was definitely toward Lelouch in my opinion. We all can draw our own conclusions since we don't know what the original plan was. Kallen's development was toward Lelouch throughout R2 and was mostly consistent. It did seem like to me that the staff had it planned. We just never got her background.

@Nobody: I see where your coming from. However, I'm not really an Shirlulu fan and I have my own take on the pair regarding their scenes. So I won't be joining your group sadly.
Old 2009-06-14, 23:23   Link #59
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
@morbofist: Wasn't the cut scene between Zero and Kallen was an kiss right? If I remember correctly it was.
Yeah, I just generalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Even the gum line for R2 was cut which was definitely toward Lelouch in my opinion. We all can draw our own conclusions since we don't know what the original plan was. Kallen's development was toward Lelouch throughout R2 and was mostly consistent. It did seem like to me that the staff had it planned. We just never got her background.
The gum line wouldn't make much sense in any other context. The romantic development was certainly not something they just threw in. They were hinting at it last season to a lesser degree, building up to when she finds out about his identity.
Old 2009-06-14, 23:23   Link #60
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

... can we have a full-out harem alliance, too? Even if not all of the pairings have an equal validity in terms of whether they're canon or not, can't we have some love for all the pairings having equal validity in terms of awesomeness? 8D

Though, still, yay