AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-05, 11:59   Link #121
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Besides, I can't even find this leaked info everyone's talking about. I guess you really have to know what you're doing to find it. I only got to see the op which looked fantasic, but I'm disappointed that Koumori wasn't in it.
BTW, the official site has produced two articles with some info and designs, view them here fair and square.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50959564.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50959569.html
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 12:09   Link #122
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Nice find! The show's eyecandy will probably fill in any gaps in the story, if any. At least thats what its looking like for now.
Old 2010-01-05, 16:03   Link #123
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Apparently, there is adequate interest for fansubs since somebody went out of their way to sub the three minute promo. Wish the air date wasn't so far away.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 06:57   Link #124
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Jaka: Someone from the group is wondering about your stances on the recent leaks of stuff, like OP/Katanagatari.
Sam: Like Katanagatari? Purposeful.
Jaka: And One Piece with Funi.
Sam: One Piece? That’s doing me a great favor.
Jaka: Could you expand on that?
Sam: Toei is scared of security now, so they actually might want to hire me to come into their studio itself to translate so the materials never leave the building. Ha! The Katanagatari leak was totally on purpose because the show was getting bad buzz. Nothing was leaked that was actually important, just the op and ed and scripts for a show that’s based off finished novels.
via gg

Bad buzz eh. I recieved another complaint about Katana having bad storyline and such from another person who, though, only knows the story from a retelling made by someone else?

Worries, worries.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 07:47   Link #125
Katapan
俺様祭り

Oh come on, people are still saying this? Like a leak of a lossless version of the opening theme could possibly have been purposeful. Minami Kuribayashi's career is already looking grim enough as it is (compared to her peak a few years ago), Lantis weren't going to greenlight the bombing of her latest single just to secure more popularity for Katanagatari.
Old 2010-01-10, 08:23   Link #126
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Yeah, it would have been plausible if not for that OP single
Old 2010-01-10, 15:09   Link #127
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It will probably be like Sayonara Zetsubo or Bakemonogatary. Storyless gag comedy with social-mental issues.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 16:06   Link #128
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
It will probably be like Sayonara Zetsubo or Bakemonogatary. Storyless gag comedy with social-mental issues.
I don't think so since the original material has a pretty central storyline.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 16:41   Link #129
roriconfan
Banned

Then let's hope they will not completely murder the story in the adaptation like they do in... well, every adaptation in existence (exceptions exist).
Old 2010-01-10, 16:45   Link #130
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Then let's hope they will not completely murder the story in the adaptation like they do in... well, every adaptation in existence (exceptions exist).
Indeed, but the fans who went to the pre-screening said the script's kinda ... well I'll just quote Sirn's post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
[*]Feedback from the screening is very mixed partly due to the fact they've altered the lines from original novel and weird pacing, although everyone agrees that the animation was nicely done and overall satisfying.
so I guess we'll just to judge for ourselves when it comes out.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 16:54   Link #131
roriconfan
Banned

Lol, spin-off from the first second. So we are supposed to expect a better version of the original story??? Seriously??? If that happens, it will be the most awesome event in this decade's anime history.
Old 2010-01-10, 17:49   Link #132
sirn
田舎者言うな

Nah, it's not a spinoff, just a bit of alterations. Like removing lines here and reorder the events a bit. Basically it's not exact-word-to-word like in Bakemonogatari. Don't worry, they did not ruin the story. (Though, the leak materials give me a glimpse of what to expect…)
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 19:56   Link #133
roriconfan
Banned

Ok then, let's hope they will stick to this mutated version of the story and not drop everything and head for plotless nonesense after the ratings get high, like most do. I got really fed up with that.
Old 2010-01-10, 20:00   Link #134
DarkSpineSapphire648
Speed Demon of Happiness

Hey! The name Katana, that's my name! Except it's spelled differently.
DarkSpineSapphire648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 01:27   Link #135
Westlo
Lets be reality

If Katanagatari sucks compared to Nisio's other works than does it really matter if things are slightly changed? Some adaptions can actually improve on the source material...

And as for this not maybe being popular because the story sucks... L O L, as if the story in a lot of popular shows are good in the first place.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 02:58   Link #136
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
What? How did you even thought that? Did you see the trailer? It's action series if anything. Of course since that's Isin, there is quite a bit of dialogue, but it's a story-driven action series. Totally unlike stuff Shaft does, which is why it's not being done by them.

Actually, I'd be glad if they murder the story and ressurect it as animation team sees fit. I'm told the story in novels is terribad overall and I can believe that - writing a book once per month (even that short) is not a good idea at all. This can only result in improvement.

Though, do you seek a good storyline in Chinese action flicks? I don't think so. I've also heard it's sort of repititive - find a sword bearer, talks talks, battle, bingo. Much like fighting games, which Katanagatari itself obviously references (you have to see storyboards to know what I'm talking about). Of course things like that do not blend together well with book medium. But --- might work as animated action series, easily.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-02-02 at 06:50.
Old 2010-01-11, 09:04   Link #137
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
I'd have to read the manga or at least see an episode before I make a final verdict. It look a bit on t bubble gum kiddie side.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 10:33   Link #138
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
It look a bit on t bubble gum kiddie side.
I like when the studio draws eyes a bit differently from generic anime #1341 and people go all over.

Cases at hand: Romeo x Juliet (too "Ghibli"ed or something); Haruhi 2009 and Soranowoto (bawww K-On!) and now this. Oh well, that style somewhat bugs me too, actually.
Old 2010-01-11, 10:34   Link #139
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

If the story truly sucked, then I hope they do improve on it for the anime version.
Old 2010-01-11, 11:11   Link #140
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, Nisio Isin actually have quite a bit involvement in Bakemonogatari (such as preview quiz, DVD/BD Commentary)...

So kinda hope that he also make some improvement on anime version of Katanagatari...
Improve some scene or changing some line is quite acceptable to me...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy