Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-01, 14:36   Link #421
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Girl meets boy, and they both go out to hunt for 12 swords. The end.
Its not so complicated.
No, I get that part pretty easily, I mean the DETAILS. Like Togame's real objective, she wants to become shogun or something right?

Don't just go and simplify it like that.
Old 2010-02-01, 15:13   Link #422
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What Konakaga has said. It's a 40+ minute episode, Vexx. Mazui has done a pretty good job with the encoding.
My bad... I had no idea. Wow.... I had no idea that *anyone* in the industry put out an episode of that length anymore with the current economic doldrums.

I'm primarily interested in this because of the unusual artwork and the fact the author wrote Bakemonogatari -- I thought the dialog was quite rich and delightful in that series ... almost Shakespearean
Old 2010-02-01, 15:26   Link #423
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Judging from the ending video which didn't really relate to the song or the episode at all, I'd say just a new song.
I hope not! I still find two guys sitting there looking at something while credit scrolling's boring. If they don't have money to add actual moving animation, at least add a couple new character to it every time, so by the end of volume 12, you have the entire cast there, which shows the culmination of their journey. They all turn around and smile at your with a THANK YOU FOR WATCHING, which admittedly sounds somewhat cheesy but I like it more than just two guys sitting there.

I would really be disappointed if that's the way to the end, new song or not.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 17:37   Link #424
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
they all turn around and smile at your with a thank you for watching
Thank you, my father.
Goodbye, my sister.
And to all sword owners,
CONGRATULATIONS

I sort of remembered that most of stand-alone OVAs back in the time used to have simple credits scrolling over black background and that was it!
Universal video for different songs does look kind of boring and cheap but I don't really see anything to seriously complain about.
I'll be okay if they just give Togame a haircut in both OP and ED from episode 8 on.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 17:53   Link #425
Kunagisa

Quote:
Thank you, my father.
Goodbye, my sister.
And to all sword owners,
CONGRATULATIONS
I wouldn't mind this. Would make an absolutely hilarious parody.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 18:09   Link #426
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just watched the first episode.... I'm NOT usually a fan of action series. But the artwork is lovely and the dialog wit/repartee is what I enjoy about the author.

Togame.... o I can't wait to see the cosplay of her. She's cute and hilarious.

I figure I'm doomed because this story will undoubtedly end tragically after I've gotten attached to the characters.
Old 2010-02-01, 18:15   Link #427
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I figure I'm doomed because this story will undoubtedly end tragically after I've gotten attached to the characters.
Well it's going to be about a years journey for all of us, so it's good to know that you'll be apart of it.
Old 2010-02-01, 18:58   Link #428
Sol Falling

lol, there's even a 'tragedy' tag for this thread. Just noticed that.

Although I may have spoiled myself a bit in this regard (...maybe? I've opened all the spoiler tags in this thread at least, though I haven't looked anything up about it elsewhere. There's only one thing I've seen which would've been a spoiler, I think, which I guess would be pretty big/important to other people), I don't think this really comes off as a happy series, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Actually, that narration segment at the end of the episode was one of the parts I liked especially, like with the 'Demons and serpents await them' repetition and all. Gave it a bit of a mythic quality, a sense of a fateful journey. I still have no real familiarity with Nisio's work in its original format but this series gives off a vibe of having more potential to be beautiful and emotional than his others, as far as I know. To fall in love out of compassion, for example, out of feeling the desperation of a woman's soul reaching out for something (lol, I've just read 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being' this past weekend, to be clearer about what I'm saying), this is the better romantic setup I've seen out of Nisio. What will make this series beautiful will be that desperation (<-- total speculation, lol I probably sound like an ass to people who know what actually happens). I think a fateful, tragic ending has the potential to be very powerful.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 19:12   Link #429
GoGetMyShotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Like Togame's real objective, she wants to become shogun or something right?
Imagining Togame becoming shogun worries me for some reason. Seeing her trip over that rock obliterated any impressions I had of her being a renowned military dictator.

Is it just me or does Shichika's father look a lot like Goku?

"Don't leave me alone anymore." ~ Billionaire Girl
GoGetMyShotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 19:32   Link #430
LKK

I enjoyed episode 1 a lot. The lead male fascinates me. I like that he's remarkably straightfoward both with others and regarding his own abilities. My biggest disappointment is that the next episode won't be available for another month.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 19:38   Link #431
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I enjoyed episode 1 a lot. The lead male fascinates me. I like that he's remarkably straightfoward both with others and regarding his own abilities. My biggest disappointment is that the next episode won't be available for another month.
Just so everyone is aware, although it does only air once a month, the second episode is airing on February 8th, a week from tomorrow. The third episode airs March 8th, so presumably it will continue to be an actual month apart from that point, although further airing dates haven't been published yet.
Old 2010-02-01, 22:20   Link #432
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Thank you, my father.
Goodbye, my sister.
And to all sword owners,
CONGRATULATIONS
Congratulations for what?
For being kicked by Shichika?

Agree that ED is quite boring to watch. They should add some animation there...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 22:38   Link #433
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Just so everyone is aware, although it does only air once a month, the second episode is airing on February 8th, a week from tomorrow. The third episode airs March 8th, so presumably it will continue to be an actual month apart from that point, although further airing dates haven't been published yet.
I didn't realize that the next airing was so soon. Thanks for posting that. Okay, so I don't have to suffer a whole month before I see the next ep. Cool. I can see the next ep soon and THEN suffer a whole month.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 01:19   Link #434
Angelic
Feel the Beat

Anybody know the level of romance this will have? preferably somebody who read the light novels?

I understand that shes like, "love me" but most shows don't even categorize it as a romance anime which means the romance in this show is just going to be a gimmick.
Angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 01:43   Link #435
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Congratulations for what?
For being kicked by Shichika?
I paraphrased the last four screens of Neon Genesis Evangelion episode 26, known for its absurd ending.
Old 2010-02-02, 04:33   Link #436
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetMyShotgun View Post
Is it just me or does Shichika's father look a lot like Goku?
Seeing as though we've only seen an outline of him, it's hard to say. Though going from that, i'd say he looks nothing like him.
Old 2010-02-02, 05:54   Link #437
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Seeing as though we've only seen an outline of him
I posted an artwork of him somewhere in this very thread, you can look it up if you want.
Old 2010-02-02, 05:59   Link #438
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Two new talkie thingies are up on the official site. Doesn't mean anything though if you don't know what the hell they're saying.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 06:30   Link #439
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Two new talkie thingies are up on the official site. Doesn't mean anything though if you don't know what the hell they're saying.

Those are just seiyuu commentaries.
Nothing special. Oh and it seems Atogatari ("afterword") is an edited version - the full version will be on CDs. I could be wrong on this account but I remember seeing something about this on Twitter.

Uneri Ginkaku (Holder of "The Club", the second sword, and the master of Iaido) is voiced by Mitsuru Miyamoto.
You can hear him talking in Episode 02 maegatari.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-02-02 at 06:43.
Old 2010-02-02, 06:48   Link #440
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

It's just the three main character's seiyuus talking though right?

Last edited by SquirrelLuvsPnut; 2010-02-02 at 07:19.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy