AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2012-06-01, 09:37   Link #481
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Just played Daisuke omake scenarios.
Again thanks for the excellent summaries, especially since there'd be losses in translation. Still, I have to wonder how much the original Ore no Imouto creator had to do with character development in the game or it’s a character behavior by writer consensus after seeing at how much unreasonable grief Kanako is catching in this game.

I can understand the Ayase-Kuroneko jealousy factor, but Saori -- of all nice oddbal --er, people -- acting a perfect snob toward Kanako? (why this project is so difficult http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=905 ) I’m even surprised that homely polite Yoshino seems mum about accepting Kanako. Granted, Mr. Straightlace Daisuke might disapprove of Kanako as a “dummy”, but in the anime at least Kanko is the talented opposite, and as a detective he ought be keen enough to know that sometimes the shy and ditzy are the sharpest wits around. If Kanako is still a Meruru idol in this game then maybe I can see Daisuke looking down on entertainers in that case, or did he long assume that she might be unworthy of his son by being (fact or not) promiscuous as it’s been mentioned that Kanako (“just”?) runs around with lots of boys? Or is it Daisuke just shuns Kanako because he views her as Kyosuke's robbing the cradle? And you mention (I think) that Kanako has no friends of her own at her wedding?? What's going on? Is she a rouge girl on the sly or what??

Anyway, thanks your summary, between all this and her hair, Kanako’s turned out a more complex character than I bargained for. Maybe these open questions are escape hatches to define her past and character in future games or stories (regrettably, I can't grab the manga! Heck, even take a well-researched Kanako fanfic at this point!)

Last edited by B2-Lancer; 2012-06-01 at 17:31. Reason: character spelling
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 17:10   Link #482
IvesJosue

Quote:
To unlock the help for Two Shot, check the option section. Once you've beaten the game once, doesn't matter which route/end, the help option will be unlocked along with the comment option that make the Two Shot scene like a video on Niconico with the walking comments
And what are those walking comments on two shot for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
Again thanks for the excellent summaries, especially since there'd be losses in translation. Still, I have to wonder how much the original Ore no Imouto creator had to do with character development in the game or it’s a character behavior by writer consensus after seeing at how much unreasonable grief Kanako is catching in this game.

I can understand the Ayase-Kuroneko jealousy factor, but Saori -- of all nice oddbal --er, people -- acting a perfect snob toward Kanako? (why this project is so difficult http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=905 ) I’m even surprised that homely polite Yoshino seems mum about accepting Kanako. Granted, Mr. Straightlace Daisuke might disapprove of Kanako as a “dummy”, but in the anime at least Kanko is the talented opposite, and as a detective he ought be keen enough to know that sometimes the shy and ditzy are the sharpest wits around. If Kanako is still a Meruru idol in this game then maybe I can see Daisuke looking down on entertainers in that case, or did he long assume that she might be unworthy of his son by being (fact or not) promiscuous as it’s been mentioned that Kanako (“just”?) runs around with lots of boys? Or is it Daisuke just shuns Kanako because he views her as Kuroneko's robbing the cradle? And you mention (I think) that Kanako has no friends of her own at her wedding?? What's going on? Is she a rouge girl on the sly or what??

Anyway, thanks your summary, between all this and her hair, Kanako’s turned out a more complex character than I bargained for. Maybe these open questions are escape hatches to define her past and character in future games or stories (regrettably, I can't grab the manga! Heck, even take a well-researched Kanako fanfic at this point!)
Spoiler for Possibly for the novels and the game:

Okay... maybe you'll need a summary for that, but I'm not making one XD
IvesJosue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 17:47   Link #483
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvesJosue View Post
Umm... lol factor? >.< Personally, I think it's just the game creators having fun. Most of the comments were just Kawaiiwwwww and such.

But boy, am I late for the party. I'm just about to complete it, though. Only Ayase left. >.< (save the worst best for last)

Spoiler for reaction to game:

Well, that was a fun play.

Eeeh... as for the interview, bakAnki, lemme help you. XD

It was an interview with Fushimi-sensei, editor from Dengeki Bunko Miki, producer Futami, and development planner 打海 (dunno how to read this).

Spoiler for interview:

Last edited by roankun; 2012-06-01 at 18:25.
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 03:37   Link #484
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Ah sorry B2-Lancer if my writing makes a confusion, I have much more to learn ^^
I'll try to answer your questions with the best of my understanding of what the game showed, hope Mystic_Vegetto, roankun, sumeragi, relentlessflame, or other can correct me if I'm wrong on some parts...

Quote:
I can understand the Ayase-Kuroneko jealousy factor, but Saori -- of all nice oddbal --er, people -- acting a perfect snob toward Kanako?
Snob is too much, I think. Saori is simply can't support Kyousuke's relationship with Kanako (whom for her is simply stranger; I don't think Saori know that Kanako is Kanata's little sister, a person Saori really looks up to) because just like IvesJosue said, it may break the relationship of her circle, and it can lead to the same bad experience she had with Pretty Garden circle.

Saori didn't actively try to break Kyousuke and Kanako like what Ayase and Kuroneko did. Remember that Kanako's route is branched from Ayase's so the relationship of character on Kanako's route is inherited from Ayase's. On Kanako's route Saori has befriend Ayase so it's only logic Saori will try to straighten the misunderstanding between her two friends, Ayase and Kuroneko. When Saori calls them, I think she didn't rattle Kyousuke out like what Kuroneko did to Kirino on Ayase route on previous game/disc 1, she only wanted to make both of them got along but she probably didn't realize that they would gang up against Kyousuke and his girlfriend.

Beside on Kirino's route, Saori and Kanako got along pretty well since they took bridal lesson together. It's just the circumstance on Kanako's route that make her took neutral position, or rather leaned to Kuroneko and Kirino more.

Quote:
I’m even surprised that homely polite Yoshino seems mum about accepting Kanako. Granted, Mr. Straightlace Daisuke might disapprove of Kanako as a “dummy”, but in the anime at least Kanko is the talented opposite, and as a detective he ought be keen enough to know that sometimes the shy and ditzy are the sharpest wits around. If Kanako is still a Meruru idol in this game then maybe I can see Daisuke looking down on entertainers in that case, or did he long assume that she might be unworthy of his son by being (fact or not) promiscuous as it’s been mentioned that Kanako (“just”?) runs around with lots of boys? Or is it Daisuke just shuns Kanako because he views her as Kyosuke's robbing the cradle?
Yoshino did gets shocked when the girlfriend Kyousuke introduced is Kanako, and who knows what she truly felt about Kanako being Kyousuke's girlfriend that time. But she seems to be the first to accept Kanako as Kyousuke's girlfriend as she knew Kanako tried her best with that meat-potato she cooked. Yoshino invited her to have breakfast too, maybe so Kanako could see Kyousuke's reaction of her cooking with her own eyes. She even got angry to Kyousuke and Daisuke when they said Kanako's cooking was plain and got happy too when Daisuke and Kyousuke said the cook got better on the second day. I guess other that Yoshino, no one knew that meat-potato was cooked by Kanako.

As for Daisuke, well he is strict and perhaps has old-fashioned way of thinking, so I think because of that, for him Kanako who gots a idol job and has too casual attitude/mannerism, if not for slightly rude/disrespectful towards senior, is not worth to be his son's girlfriend. Remember that Daisuke didn't even permit Kirino's model job until Kirino promised that it won't affect her study.
But in the end Daisuke also accepted Kanako even it's off screen as we only know because Kyousuke said to Kanako that Daisuke surprised to her change and apologized for his behavior the first time they met.

Quote:
And you mention (I think) that Kanako has no friends of her own at her wedding?? What's going on? Is she a rouge girl on the sly or what??
I think I never written that ^^
She told on her narration that her ex-classmates and coworkers did attend her wedding, as well as her parents who hadn't gotten along with her for long time, they congratulated her and Kyousuke.

Even on the Kirino route, her omake scenario, and the light novel Kanako isn't really stupid as she looks. Granted, like Kyousuke said she can be very annoying sometimes and really straightforward, but Kanako really cared about people closes to her. She's accepting Kirino's hobby on Ayase and Kirino route, she's also taking the initiative to learn cooking as attempt to gets closer to her parents on the light novel, and on Kirino route she is changed her hair color to its natural color again and taking a bridal class with Saori for the same reason, to get closer to her parents. On the omake scenario she confesses to Daisuke that her reason to be an idol is to make lot of money so she can be independent and won't burden Kanata anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvesJosue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Umm... lol factor? >.< Personally, I think it's just the game creators having fun. Most of the comments were just Kawaiiwwwww and such.
Yeah it's just for the lol too I think. I turn it off after trying it once

Quote:
Well, that was a fun play.

Eeeh... as for the interview, bakAnki, lemme help you. XD
Pretty much agreed with your thought, except for Manami part. After playing her route and the omake route, I don't she's manipulative. Well maybe it looks like she did but she isn't that kind of person.
Maybe I'll wrote my thought of each route on my next post :3

And you're doing awesome. C'mon man, please finish the entire article, you do it much better and accurate than me anyway X3
The things I can understand are only:
- Most of participants there are grinning like silly while playing the game, and back when they read the script. The producer felt he wanted to skip Tamaki scenes on lolicon route because of embarrassment.
- The producer said the yandere Ayase getting jealous of other girls is one of the scene he didn't really like. While the Dengeki editor said one of that scene for him is when Kyousuke said fujoushi is part of Sena when Sena asked Kyousuke if he's fine with her fujoushi side.
- Fushimi wonders about the scene where Kanako is taught by Manami to cook. He wonders about the opinion of the people who read the novel before playing the game, the vice versa, or people who only play the game.
- Daisuke and Yoshino's past has been thought by Fushimi from the start, not when the game was developed. I think this question referred to their personal love experience on Kanako route?
- Daisuke omake scenarios was made because the development planner guy (打海) likes Daisuke and thought of the idea and wanted to see it.
- Joking about OreImo Portable The Golden for the next game. The producer said that he wanted to make next game if possible but it won't be Portable series anymore.

Last edited by bakAnki; 2012-06-02 at 05:15.
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 08:34   Link #485
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Those omakes are hilarious, especially Ayase's lethal highkick.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 08:48   Link #486
Maugomale

Quote:
Joking about OreImo Portable The Golden for the next game. The producer said that he wanted to make next game if possible but it won't be Portable series anymore.
Jesus Christ, I hope they aren't serious. After two games, milking it any more is gonna suck
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 09:40   Link #487
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Jesus Christ, I hope they aren't serious. After two games, milking it any more is gonna suck
I honestly don't even see how a continuation would even be possible. One of my expectations going into the game was that I wanted to see the various issues with each of the girls resolved. And by that, I mean their relationship with Kyousuke. I thought Kanako, Kirino, and even Saori's routes did this in a great way. With Kanako and Kirino, the girls in the end accepted their relationship, and with Saori, Kirino and Kuroneko accepted them as well. So there aren't any issues left to be resolved when it comes to these routes. You could make an argument with Saori when it comes to her and Kyousuke's parents. I believe in the 1st Game's True End, didn't they say that they married while they were still in High School? I wanted to see Kyousuke's parents' reaction to his engagement, but, I still liked Saori's route regardless.

As for the others, in Ayase's route, I wanted to see the issue with "Yamineko" continue/resolved, but it didn't happen. And then in Kuroneko's and Manami's routes, Kirino is angry at them. So instead of resolving those issues, the only thing that really happened was just you continuing to date them and going places.

But I still enjoyed the game regardless. But yeah, I just can't see a continuation happening. If they do another game, they would pretty much have to start all over again in my view.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 10:07   Link #488
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
But yeah, I just can't see a continuation happening. If they do another game, they would pretty much have to start all over again in my view.
I think hence he said that it's not going to be another Portable series, so they can reset the story if they really going to make another game in the future. But that's if I translate what he said correctly.

This is what he answered about the possibility of next game, if anyone can translate it better ^^
Quote:
ご希望があれば。ただ、ポータブルシリーズは――この時間軸でのお話はこれ以上続きません! それと、そろ そろ妊娠ネタは封印しようかと思います。以上です!
Gokibou ga areba. Tada, Portable Series wa -- kono jikan jikuu de no ohanashi wa kore ijou tsudzukimasen! Sore to, sorosoro ninshin neta wa fuuin shiyou ka to omoimasu. Ijou desu!
Old 2012-06-02, 10:45   Link #489
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'm all for another game.
Old 2012-06-02, 11:06   Link #490
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Some pages from complete guide:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51341116.html (Warning! NSFW ads inside)
http://blog.livedoor.jp/nomuken77/archives/7910724.html

Didn't remember until just now, so this Ayase CG is discarded (or replaced with the one we get with zoomed-in Kyousuke face). I remember saw it on weekly article or magazine scan months ago, wonder if there's more CG that wasn't included on the final version of the game ^^
Old 2012-06-02, 14:40   Link #491
B2-Lancer

Again thanks for a job well done in the summaries!

Quote:
I think hence he said that it's not going to be another Portable series, so they can reset the story if they really going to make another game in the future. But that's if I translate what he said correctly.
A question that might sound clueless or naive, but are the games "canon" or official extensions of the novel/ light novel, taking the place of actual episodes as it were, or are the games really "extended parallel universe" take-offs of the main stories? If the games and their outcomes are really independent of the main stories, then that allows many many other extended story possibilities than the two games have given us. I mean the producers never say the games and their branches and outcomes are the actual intended main story outcomes sealed in stone, do they? I hope that makes some sense!

(Wanting to see all kinds of story combos makes me even more anxious to see this prototype desktop animation production system on "G4" on cable which you can rip, morph and process any cartoon or anime into features almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Can't wait for Ore gans to get their hands on one!)
Old 2012-06-02, 14:54   Link #492
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
A question that might sound clueless or naive, but are the games "canon" or official extensions of the novel/ light novel, taking the place of actual episodes as it were, or are the games really "extended parallel universe" take-offs of the main stories?
The latter. The first game starts off from around when Kirino comes back from the US.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 15:19   Link #493
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
If the games and their outcomes are really independent of the main stories, then that allows many many other extended story possibilities than the two games have given us. I mean the producers never say the games and their branches and outcomes are the actual intended main story outcomes sealed in stone, do they?
In fact, one of the highlighted comments in the interview that was mentioned earlier was that the producers of the game still have lots of ideas for more stories they could do, which sort of hints that there could be more games in the future. It wouldn't surprise me to see the game re-released again next year, perhaps moved to a different Platform (either PS Vita or iOS/Android?). Another thing they could try would be to release individual stories digitally... but not sure if they're that far along yet in terms of releasing major productions that way. We'll see...
Old 2012-06-03, 08:55   Link #494
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Now that I’ve played all the routes and currently have free time, allow me to write my thought of the disc 2 :3

:: Story
With the basic premise to date almost all heroines of OreImo series from the start, it’s already sounds interesting for fan of the series. I mean where else we can find this kind of story other than fan fiction or doujinshi XD But I feel that routes that written by Fushimi-sensei himself are more interesting, have great balance of touching moment and hilarity, with well done dialogues and have the feels of completion with the relationship of most characters resolved; while those weren’t written by him mostly feel just so-so.
And the year-after endings with the children are really fun.

:: Graphic
The improvement of Live2D sprites were great, make the movements smoother. But still I have this feels that new characters’s sprite (Sena, Kanako, Saori) are better than improved old characters’s.

:: Sound
All of the voice actors/actress are really done great, great job here. Their acting make up for the lack of expression that the 2D or Live2D sprites can’t show. I always laughed every time I replay the scene where Kyousuke met Kirara on Kanako route (“Anta tte hito waaaa~~~!!”), Kirino’s “FUOOOOOO!!” on her route, or other hilarious lines. As well as the icha icha/flirty scenes. I usually use the backlog to replay those lines over and over before proceed to the next scene But I wonder why they don’t get all the narration to be voiced too like disc 1.
As for the BGM music, I still don’t get bored of it even though they use (I think) all of the BGM from previous game. The BGM really emphasize the current feeling of each scene perfectly. And for the ED song, ‘Nexus’ is much much better than ‘Secret x2’ from previous game ^^

:: Gameplay
The ORE system and Two-Shot system are still here and they make Two-Shot easier here with the help option, which is great. And the addition of the ‘changing perspective’ is really great because now we can also hear each girl’s thought on the story.
The minus point is probably the game is too linear once we get to specific girl route. There’s almost no story variation for bad ending, with the exception of Ayase that has lots of it, since usually the ‘bad ending’ is you only don’t get to see the epilogue/years-after scene.

:: End verdict
Being an OreImo fan, this is a godly game for me. Well maybe not really a godly since there are definitely some room that can be improved on story department, especially the routes that aren’t written by Fushimi-sensei (Manami and Kuroneko, I’m looking at you). But still, this is a really fun game nonetheless.

And as for my thought for each route, I’ll just put it behind spoiler tag for convenience
Spoiler for thought:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Another thing they could try would be to release individual stories digitally...
Oh hell yes, an OVA or dedicated tv series spin-off with omnibus format ala Amagami or Yosuga no Sora will be great xD
Old 2012-06-03, 12:42   Link #495
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Oh hell yes, an OVA or dedicated tv series spin-off with omnibus format ala Amagami or Yosuga no Sora will be great xD
Spoiler for A wished for, likely fan-produced scenario I'd love to see...:
Old 2012-06-03, 12:46   Link #496
Sumeragi
Banned

Parallel universes merge.
Old 2012-06-03, 20:54   Link #497
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Forgot to rank my favorite routes on my previous post >3<

1. Hard to decide between Kirino or Kanako
3. Ayase
4. Saori
5. Lolicon/Tamaki
6. Sena
7. Yamineko
8. Kuroneko & Manami

But my favorite girl on the series is still............. Ran! One of Kirino's friend from manga!....... Yeah right Of course it's Ayase XDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Parallel universes merge.
Makes me remember on that CG commentary where Kirino said she wants to take one children home but Kirino tells her not to becaue it can't triggers time paradox

Ah yeah, I can't read the text on some Kirino and Kanako's years-after scene about Kyousuke's job. What is his job on Kirino and Kanako's route? Did he ends up being middle manager on average company like what Kanako predicted he's gonna be the first time they met?
Old 2012-06-04, 00:29   Link #498
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Now that I’ve played all the routes and currently have free time, allow me to write my thought of the disc 2 :3
I find it lol-worthy that you've posted summaries of the routes and only find time now to post your thoughts on the game.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:35   Link #499
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
I find it lol-worthy that you've posted summaries of the routes and only find time now to post your thoughts on the game.
Haha, because I wanted to write my thought after I played all the routes ^^
But I can't resist to write summary for those top 3 routes since it's really fun. I hadn't even played another routes back then when I wrote Ayase, Kirino, and Kanako summaries XD
Old 2012-06-04, 03:32   Link #500
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Makes me remember on that CG commentary where Kirino said she wants to take one children home but Kirino tells her not to becaue it can't triggers time paradox
The parallel universes need to merge! For the best harem possible!