AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-26, 04:03   Link #1
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon : Futur Soldier

It's been a while that there wasn't any new Ghost Recon .
A new trailer is out and damn this is one of the greatest game trailer i have ever seen O_O :

Providing yet another new direction in the Ghost Recon series of military games, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier promises to go beyond the core Ghost Recon franchise and deliver a fresh gameplay experience. The game features cutting-edge technology, prototype high-tech weaponry, and state-of-the-art single-player and multiplayer modes.

Developer: Ubisoft Paris
Genre: Third-Person Shooter
Also on: PS3, X360
Release Date: Q3 2010

Need a movie now

Edit : Some info http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/107/1079915p1.html

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-03-26 at 04:30.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 04:11   Link #2
Xion Valkyrie

Don't know about the game, but the short movie is really really well made.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 05:00   Link #3
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

It's good, but I reckon it's derailing the original Ghost Recon niche if you will. It's now becoming more like MW2, and while I see it's still retaining the tactical side of things, it's becoming the new Rainbow Six. I'd rather the good waiting and scanning rather than having cloaking and new stuff; going back to when it was just you, your weapon and your squad, without having tech to back you up and having to be sneaky.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 22:27   Link #4
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
It's good, but I reckon it's derailing the original Ghost Recon niche if you will. It's now becoming more like MW2, and while I see it's still retaining the tactical side of things, it's becoming the new Rainbow Six. I'd rather the good waiting and scanning rather than having cloaking and new stuff; going back to when it was just you, your weapon and your squad, without having tech to back you up and having to be sneaky.
Heart beat monitors were already too techy to begin with in the first game.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 09:57   Link #5
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
If I had the chance I'd volunteer for testing of equipment like that...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 14:14   Link #6
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Here some Images/Artworks

http://www.mondoxbox.com/en/news/209...st-images.html

Beautiful Artworks .
Old 2010-03-27, 14:27   Link #7
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

if you can do half the things displayed in the trailer, i'll be very happy. the cloaking makes me splooge.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 16:36   Link #8
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Looks nice and shiney and all but I for one think they've maybe stepped a little too far into the future with this one.

It dosnt really look/feel believable anymore, kinda hard to describe what I mean but basicly the old games (as in before graw) had you play as an elite highly trained special forces unit with just the basics in equipment to get the job done but now it seems you can just overcome any problem on the battlefield with some fancy toys and hightech gadgets.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 06:02   Link #9
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Actually things like that is already being developed now so it isn't too unrealistic, google Future Force Warrior and Cloaking device, if this is set in like 2015 or something like that then it makes sense that they would have stuff like that. Anyway I cannot wait for this game, just the trailer makes my shooter happy hands shake and tremble in excitement.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:45   Link #10
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Actually things like that is already being developed now so it isn't too unrealistic, google Future Force Warrior and Cloaking device, if this is set in like 2015 or something like that then it makes sense that they would have stuff like that. Anyway I cannot wait for this game, just the trailer makes my shooter happy hands shake and tremble in excitement.

Being developed and actually being issued are two massively different outsomes.

If you look at the future fighting segments that popped up on the graw 1 disc all those years ago showing all the fancy gizmo's that soldiers where ment to be using in the near future you'll notice that practically none of it has made it past planning.

They should just stick to the present day. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
+1

Old 2010-03-28, 14:14   Link #11
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

there are claims that personal cloaking is being tested in iraq and afghanistan right now.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 14:21   Link #12
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Yup, I think they went a bit too far into the future. Methinks Ubisoft is trying to bridge the gap between GRAW2 and EndWar (which are technically part of the same universe, just like HAWX is supposed to intersect with GRAW) and is making a hodgepodge of features gleaned from GRAW, Frontlines: Fuel of War (UGVs, though already used in GRAW), Splinter Cell:CT multiplayer (cloak mode), Crysis (cloak mode) and a few other games. I'm probably exaggerating but I'd have preferred GR to stick with current tech and surroundings. I'm sure there are already some people out there protesting about borrowing settings and elements from MW2 (Ultranationalists)...sigh.

As for GR getting ahead of itself with real-life military equipment...I'm afraid the trend already goes back to GR2. The Objective Force Warrior, XM29 and XM8 never reached production; the Land Warrior was actually fielded in Iraq but funding was cut several months later and the tech was swallowed up by the Future Force Warrior (which IMHO is a downgraded Objective Force Warrior). The MR-C doesn't even exist aside from mock-ups and CG models by Crye Associates.

Anyway, Ubisoft has already made strong departures and abrupt developments within the Tom Clancy universe beginning with Splinter Cell (with the Double Agents events), with the purpose of boosting sales and - according to their own words - "promoting (lacking) character development", so I'm not really surprised GR got the same treatment.

We can only hope that the storyline will be good enough to compensate for the sudden quantum leap in tech context/gameplay.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2010-03-28 at 14:35.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 17:12   Link #13
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Trailer and Gameplay :

Ow , quite impressive . Those 3 little rockets are amazing
Old 2010-06-15, 17:19   Link #14
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Yes, the game looks awesome, much better than Medal of Honor or Black Ops, which are basically the same stuff over and over again.
Old 2012-04-19, 14:52   Link #15
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I've always liked the Ghost Recon games and I've been wanting this one for some time but now I've found the best reason to get this over alot of other games and probably what I'll consider it's best feature, GUNSMITH!

Simply awesome!
Old 2012-04-19, 18:05   Link #16
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've been playing the closed MP beta today and I've mixed feelings on it...

My main gripes are that the maps are far too small (like call of duty small) and its very much fast paced run and gun which is really the opposite of what ghost recon is meant to be about.

Aside from that theres the usual bugs and glitches present in most beta's and some atrocious hit registration.

That said the weapon customization is pretty cool and the animations and player movement is pretty fluid.

Old 2012-04-19, 18:37   Link #17
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
My main gripes are... its very much fast paced run and gun which is really the opposite of what ghost recon is meant to be about.
I think this is mostly people bringing that mentality into the game... it really hurts when you're perhaps the only person on the team paying any real attention to the objectives. Especially when the other team has clue. Perhaps the game would have been better served by using one of the Guerilla scenarios as the demo.
Conflict mode itself reminds me of the later Killzones (2 and 3) in terms of layering objectives overtop of the basic team battle formula - and making them worth more than the kills. This is a Good Thing.

Note too that lone wolves don't just put themselves in harm's way - just like in Brink, it's possible to take someone down and crack their network access, revealing their entire team's positions to you and yours for a short time.

Quote:
That said the weapon customization is pretty cool and the animations and player movement is pretty fluid.
Seconded; I like how all the weapon paints are available from the get-go (and each faction shares only the solids). Would not mind seeing more player model customization options.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 19:18   Link #18
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'd definitely like to see more character model customization especially being able to change camo patterns since the russian team seem to wear this very out of place blue GOROD style camo which really stands out.

From what Ive played I think the game-play has almost certainly been sped up on purpose to appeal more to the BF/COD crowd. Even when you get a good squad working together the game flow always seems incredibly fast paced and its almost a little in your face which so much going on.

All in all I think they've sacrificed a bit of what made Ghost Recon great in order to appeal to a wider audience.

This of course is solely regarding the MP aspect and I'll reserve judgment on the game overall until I've had a go at the campaign.