AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-11-06, 13:28   Link #421
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Everyone got their happy ending in one chapter.

Naruto became Hokage. Got a family and a girl who will love him and not some other guy.
Sakura got impregnated by Sasuke and the bonus win of him not being around. And she gets to clean!!!
Hinata got Naruto.
Kakashi got to retire.
Sasuke got to wander around like Clint Eastwood while Sakura raises the kid.
Lee got a mini-Lee.
Shikamaru got to be Naruto's right hand man and bang Temari.
Ino got Sasuke replacement Sai. And now her kid has a hideous white skin tone and looks like a space alien.
Choji got a girl that would not judge him. Of course he had to go to another country to find her.
Kiba got someone that would listen to his bs.
Tenten got to open a weapon shop in a world that doesn't really need them.
Shino got a job where people who have to listen to him...and then got ignored.
Neji got to stay dead.
Gaara got a wig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I'm kinda "meh" on the ending, though the pairings outside of the main two are surprising
There was nothing surprising about Shikamaru x Temari. That was more of a sure thing than NaruHina or SasuSaku. Even Sai x Ino is not that shocking.

Choji x Karui is the most random thing ever. We will need the movie to explain that. Really for all the pairings since no one was together after 699. How did all this romance happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I love how Kishi went for the dog x cat joke. Kiba didn't have a love life and Kishi just decided to use it for a joke.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 13:30   Link #422
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Ok..that was baaaaaad.
Old 2014-11-06, 13:31   Link #423
II Maestro

Hashirama "Idiot"
Tobirama "Dork"
Hiruzen "Perv"
Minato "Geezer"
Tsunade "Old hag"
Kakashi "a mouth drawn by Bolt" or that "Shitty old man"
Naruto "Moron"

Bolt sure name them right~!
Old 2014-11-06, 13:37   Link #424
Romanticide

So basically, the two orphans got a family but still managed to neglect them in the end. Naruto, master of KG, can't spend time with his son and even hits him. Wow, what a waste of 15 years.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 13:38   Link #425
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

What happened to Karin and the rest of Team Hawk? Was interested in that.
Old 2014-11-06, 13:49   Link #426
Althalus57

Hi,

I was just wondering because I am a little confused here, is Ino's child a girl or a guy?

If he is a guy he seems really girly.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Last edited by Althalus57; 2014-11-06 at 14:04.
Althalus57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 13:49   Link #427
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
They descended back into the bowels of pointlessness whence they came, I suppose... Maybe they'll show up in the movie in a way that serves to explain where they are now, maybe not.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 14:03   Link #428
Esclair

Orochimaru basically got away with everyone without having to reform his ways:
-Killed 2 Kages (3rd and Kazekage).
-Performed inhuman experimentation on countless innocents from every village.
-Instigated a war between the Sand and Fire.
-Probably killed more people than any member of Akatsuki aside from Pain
-Tried many times to steal Sasuke's body

And now he pretty much has everything he wants:
-Immortal white zetsu body
-All the knowledge gained in the last arc regarding sage of six paths, rinnegan, true source of jutsu, etc.
-Probably stole the rinnegan from Madara's body while no one was looking too.

I mean, Orochimaru wakes up in the middle of the battlefield surrounded by 5 Kages and thousands of other ninjas, all of whom have been wronged by him somewhat or another. Yet he somehow gets away.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 14:11   Link #429
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
How did all this romance happen?
it signifies the current peacetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
i assume they will all be in the movie. and i assume they stay with orochimaru for some reason. perhaps sasuke is a polygamist with karin to spread the uchiha seed?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 14:18   Link #430
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Choji x Karui is the most random thing ever. We will need the movie to explain that. Really for all the pairings since no one was together after 699. How did all this romance happen?
This is probably one of the things that will be addressed in the movie. The epilogue shows the ends, the movie is supposed to cover the blank period and show the means.

My guess is when the fighting starts in the movie, the villages will team up and they will end up on the same team which starts things between them.

Or maybe the marriage between them was a political marriage meant to improve relationships between the villages. Such things aren't unheard of especially if they are trying to go for a more lasting peace. Chouji is the perfect person for that since he would probably be happy with anyone that would cook him food.
Old 2014-11-06, 14:22   Link #431
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ok, that looked quite half-assed for an ending...

- First off, what's the name of Kushina and Azuma's now-born child (whose design is pretty awesome, I might add)?

- Why is Bolt such an attention whore when his dad can make 1,000 clones to do any kind of work?

- What's Kiba's wife called? And seriously what's with the no-name characters, (Naruto and Hinata's daughter included), it's amazingly annoying for a FINAL CHAPTER.

- Why is Sasuke roaming solo?

- What happened to every other character of importance?

- Why are there still ninjas, who are efficiently mercenaries, when there's no war? Like, what kind of missions do they do now, C rank for everyone?

Quote:
I was just wondering because I am a little confused here, is Ino's child a girl or a guy?
Inojin sounds like a guy's name, so I'm going with guy...

Oh, and Choji x Karui is like...iunno, one of those completely crack pairings you see on the net, it's just so weird. Anyway, after all this time, Naruto is finally over...I'm kinda bummed that we only saw Kurama sleeping, is life so boring for a bijuu? Other than that, it was okay - no evil left in the world...and if anything pops out, Sasuke gunna slice it open!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 14:33   Link #432
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
And seriously what's with the no-name characters, (Naruto and Hinata's daughter included), it's amazingly annoying for a FINAL CHAPTER.
Like I said in my previous post, Hinata called her Himawari. You must have read mangapanda's translation, but they botched that panel.
Old 2014-11-06, 14:35   Link #433
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I would personally write Bolt as a shy, Hinata-like kid, or a mature looking person, instead of a Naruto 2.0 but whatevs.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 14:49   Link #434
JustRob

After looking at the chapter again, why is there what looks like New York City on top of Hokage mountain? Has modern civilization finally reached Konoha, and are they just pretending to still be ninja's for shits and giggles?

Also if Boruto is "Bolt", then why wasn't Naruto called "Nalt" all this time? Yeah, I know that sounds atrocious, but so does Bolt, so it's a fair question.
Old 2014-11-06, 14:59   Link #435
Kafriel
Senior Guest

IMO Bolt isn't a good translation of ホ゜ルト (what with NARUUUUTO and all), but it is what would make the most sense out of it as a name.

Quote:
Has modern civilization finally reached Konoha, and are they just pretending to still be ninja's for shits and giggles?
Iunno, the level of technology in the Narutoverse has been one of its greatest mysteries to me...
Quote:
Like I said in my previous post, Hinata called her Himawari.
Thanks for that.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 15:04   Link #436
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I would personally write Bolt as a shy, Hinata-like kid, or a mature looking person, instead of a Naruto 2.0 but whatevs.
the saying is Like Father Like Son not Like Mother Like Son
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 15:05   Link #437
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The feels. I've been checking this series ever since I was fifteen. I'm quite satisfied with the ending but still expect The Last movie
Old 2014-11-06, 15:06   Link #438
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
the saying is Like Father Like Son not Like Mother Like Son
Sure, fair enough. I just thought if they wanted to make a new series based on Bolt, he should not be a Naruto 2.0, otherwise it's like re-reading of Naruto.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 15:16   Link #439
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

well, i think it was a satisfying ending, though may be a few things should have been elaborated such as undoing the infinite tsukuyomi and sasuke apologizing to sakura. still it was fine to go with a little time skip will things settle down and kakashi had become the hokage. the good thing was it was not okay okay settlement with sasuke and him just living there with everyone around getting along. i am glad he went on his journey,
it felt nice to experience sasuke's thoughts and his words to be conclusive once and to know that he had finally come to peace. the final moment when naruto gave him back his head back was very heartwarming.

about chapter 700, it was fun to see everyone grown up and their kids, the only thing i felt off were some of the pairings, i mean was it really necessary to pair up almost all of the characters of naruto's generation, some of them unpaired living their own style of life could have also worked i guess.
really really really glad and happy to see naruto and hinata got together, the best pairing of this series, also nice to see asuma and kurenai's son. i am glad that sasuke was on his journey and not living daily routine life. another good thing was kakashi and gai still hanging out. Finally naruto is the hokage after so long struggling and fighting, never gave up and made his dream come true.

after seven years of following this series, it has now finally ended, feels like a big part of me has also concluded with it and now i am having all the feelings. the first real anime got into and one of the best anime i have watched and it will always be. it gave me some of the favorite characters in anime and the best one for me.
this series will always have a special place in my heart

Last edited by mystogan; 2014-11-06 at 15:33.
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 15:29   Link #440
monster

I was kind of worried there for a while, but this was definitely a very enjoyable closure to this manga. I'm glad I managed to keep up with it.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series ending, weekly spoiler discussion