081 - 090: Great... 34 26.36%
071 - 080: Very Good... 11 8.53%
061 - 070: Good... 6 4.65%
051 - 060: Average... 2 1.55%
041 - 050: Below Average... 2 1.55%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals... 3 2.33%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-28, 23:03   Link #241
james0246

^Admittedly, Danzou seems to have kept all of his elite guard out of the fight (presumably he has an elite guard, or else ROOT is a bit of a non-threat), and quite a few of the big names are out of the village. So, really, besides Kakashi and Tsunade (and the parents), there weren't any real heavy hitters in Konoha (Jiraiya is dead, Yamato and Gai are gone, the Hyuuga are elsewhere (Hanabi is probably singlehandedly saving some small villages from a terrorist attack), Kakashi probably killed Anko in order to gain the MS, etc). And those left are either dead, too injured, or simply not watching the battle. So, in many respects, all that was left was Hinata...which just shows how fucked Konoha really is...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 23:07   Link #242
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
And all that is due to Sandaime's fault of not changing the barrier password after Itachi left.
Old 2010-06-28, 23:13   Link #243
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Admittedly, Danzou seems to have kept all of his elite guard out of the fight (presumably he has an elite guard, or else ROOT is a bit of a non-threat), and quite a few of the big names are out of the village. So, really, besides Kakashi and Tsunade (and the parents), there weren't any real heavy hitters in Konoha (Jiraiya is dead, Yamato and Gai are gone, the Hyuuga are elsewhere (Hanabi is probably singlehandedly saving some small villages from a terrorist attack), Kakashi probably killed Anko in order to gain the MS, etc). And those left are either dead, too injured, or simply not watching the battle. So, in many respects, all that was left was Hinata...which just shows how fucked Konoha really is...
There's a mofo around there blending into the scenery that could do something, trust that! They're all Anne Frank syndrome right now...Sakura, that b!tch, can't believe I even spoke her name...The other Bakugon could have done something (lol Neji dude)...He didn't see Hinata drifting into the sky? Jesus...But I really thought Team Gai was gonna arrive and we we're gonna see an impromptu battle prolonging things...

The hell is Sai BTW?
Old 2010-06-28, 23:15   Link #244
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Have you not watched the last 4 years of Naruto filler? There are endless points they could have had some type of Hinata sub-arc where they could have shown her ascension...Or even just alluded to it once or twice (Hell if a Hinata arc had this animation it would kill half of Naruto Shippuden's canon eps)...

In any event, what makes shonen-fighter cool, is having characters you least expect to step-up...Given the fact manga is borderline meaningless for me (Since I've always been cartoon over comicbook since a kid then naturally progressed to anime over manga as an older kid adult) I hope for and look forward to cool unexpected moments by smaller role characters...
My point was more about Hinata's character being very shy and none forceful. Yes they showed many clips of her trying to build up the courage to just talk to Naruto, but this show is about Team 7. You have many more characters who would much more likely force themselves into Team 7's events then Hinata would.

I am a huge Hinata fan, so the filler arc was a blessing for me, but hey even I realise that it is because either the anime writers have a horn over her,
or coz they were trying to dig their way out of filler hell using her popularity.

The omake last episode jokes over this matter.

My impression from a translation of the Kishimoto 2010 interview is that there is a huge amount of pressure for more Hinata-Hinata. But again I personally can't see how they can write more Hinata into it without it being a filler, or just making it forced.

Quote:
I'm no Hinata fan, but it would be plum hat-a$$ery to just have her run on scene, scream she loves Naruto then just get owned in all of 30 seconds...That's not television, but that works in nicely shaped squares where there is no time-limit before you have to focus your eyes on the next square...When Hinata punched Pain you were watching that other square, the one that possesses HD....
I do like the manga more, but this time I thought the anime adaptation of the scene worked better for me.
Old 2010-06-28, 23:23   Link #245
james0246

Quote:
Sakura, that b!tch, can't believe I even spoke her name...
You forget, this is all according to her plan. She knew all along that Hinata was her main competition for Naruto, so she purposely left Naruto in danger knowing that Hinata would foolish sacrifice herself by trying to help him...

Sadly enough, Sakura doesn't know yet that Karui will be her main competition for Naruto...

Quote:
The hell is Sai BTW?
With Danzou...?
Old 2010-06-28, 23:30   Link #246
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Pain is invincible until the source is defeated. He'll simply come back with more bodies unless he is stopped. That's not hard to understand. This was Jiraiya's problem. Finding where the real one was hiding. That is why the other Konoha ninja are looking for him.
"Simply"? You make it seem like in some mountaintop or high tower or podium of god just outside of Konoha or wherever Nagato is at, he can just "summon" another body and poof, moar Pains...Really? If this was "simply" the case, then why was the Nakara Path relied on so much to repair the destroyed Asura Path? Why didn't Nagato just get another body to replace the Asura Path? Hell, for that matter, why hasn't Nagato bothered to replace any of the other bodies when only the Deva Path is left standing?

"Invincible" is still a misnomer...Are the Six Paths of Pain formidable opponents? Hell yes...Would the defeat of Nagato himself signal the ultimate end of Pain? Of course...But when you say that "Pain is invincible", you make it seem like Pain is not susceptible to defeat, and just because there is a puppeteer pulling the strings from behind the scenes doesn't mean either part of the party is incapable of losing...5 Paths were taken out by Naruto with relative ease, just as what Jiraiya himself was able to do to 3 Paths (Though at the same time it was never shown how the defeated Paths were revived, but there's an implication based on what we know about what the Paths' powers were)...What happened there?

I get what you're trying to get across, what with Nagato being the source to a potentially unending source of Pain, but spawning hoards does not create a wall of invincibility...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 05:47   Link #247
Ze_

Quote:
Preach on brother (or sister)!

I wonder what a non-Naruto fan would see if they were to look at this picture. A girl trying to help a boy? Or an evil girl viciously staking a poor boy to the ground? You decide....
I lol'd
Good job
Old 2010-06-29, 05:48   Link #248
yakumo-chan

the thing that made hinata cool here is because she doesnt blush anymore
Old 2010-06-29, 06:06   Link #249
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Empathy isn't a half-assed, emotionless experience. It wouldn't evoke joy or tears if it was simple a matter of "like" or "dislike".

You go on about what is retarded and pathetic and yet you seem to be getting rather passionate and defensive over what is a simple exchange of views. Maybe I am in the wrong here. In that case, I apologise for treading on your fandom. It would have been simpler if you were open about the character you worship instead of denouncing it and claiming that such things are "retarded".
I do not worship anything, stop using that word like it's normal for anyone to be like that. I have favourite characters and characters I don't like, but I'm not on a holy mission to make sure that my favourite character is acknowledged and respected by everyone. I don't get all defensive when people attack my favourite character. I don't go on forums pointing out why my favourite character's dick is bigger than any other's. I don't go on forums and try to jutsify why my favourite character got trashed by some lowly character in the last chapter. I don't start calling filler BS if the anime makers made someone land a blow on my favourite character, when it was justified. Empathy has nothing to do with all of that, and the fact you can't realize it is most worrying.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 06:10   Link #250
yakumo-chan

i think pain didnt kill hinata that fast is because he wants to understand more why is hinata doing that.....

hell yeah! i dont regret being a hinata fan!

hinata rocks!~
Old 2010-06-29, 06:59   Link #251
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Would have preferred this kind of animation to have been used a couple episodes ago. That aside is was a very nice episode, especially how it was all constructed towards the end.

Some minor niggles, which have already been mentioned, but it didn't really take away. Way better than the manga.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 07:18   Link #252
yakumo-chan

did you guys know???

Hinata was the first person to say "I love you" to naruto..... pretty cool huh?
Old 2010-06-29, 07:41   Link #253
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Well I liked the ep...people who seem to have a gripe with it seem to think the ep should have revolved around Naruto and Pain.

This episode, like the manga was Hinata's shining moment (consider it fanservice or not). The next episode people can go back to all that Pain vs Naruto jazz...

Now I know why they have the ending credits soley around Hinata....lol.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 10:28   Link #254
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well to be fair about the no helping the others were focused on tracking down Pain's real body. Instead of sending others on what would likely be a suicide effort to save Hinata it might be faster to find the real Pain, take him out, and thus the situation would be resolved. Although maybe no one really cared if Hinata was taken down and just ignored it .

Anyways can't really buy Hinata being dead yet, since she is under the average age of people who do really get killed in this show. I mean if Neji can survive the damage he took against Kidomaru (if anyone can remember him ) then Hinata should be able to. Still a pretty brave effort from her. I didn't think she would try to deal with the rods. Actually a more intelligent tactic than actually trying to fight Pain head on which would be suicide. If she really got killed here it's a really hard loss for Naruto to absorb. Even after how far he's come in the end there wasn't anything he could do. I'm impressed at how far she was able to go against someone that much stronger. Plus also liked how she was the one who charged in there while everyone just sat around. Sure Naruto told them to, but when he's helpless like that it's not a bad idea to actually do something.

On the positive it seems Team Gai might actually show up before things are entirely over. Geeze they just completely miss all the action.
Old 2010-06-29, 10:39   Link #255
Ashaman

Quote:
Preach on brother (or sister)!

I wonder what a non-Naruto fan would see if they were to look at this picture. A girl trying to help a boy? Or an evil girl viciously staking a poor boy to the ground? You decide....
Lol, the latter to be honest.

And I gotta say, I agree that Hinata shouldn't have been able to hit Pain. And I'm a Hinata fan! I take solace in the fact that he was distracted, and looking closely, she barely even graze's him. If it wasn't for the noise, I would have thought it was another miss.

Edit: Also, I'm seeing a lot of anger towards the people who don't help and watch from the sidelines. Hasn't it occured to anyone that they are too far away to see. The only ones who seem to have any information are Byakugan users. Sakura and the like are constantly asking nearby Hyuuga or the slug summon what is going on. Unless those lot are givng updates, the other characters seem clueless about Naruto's situation.

Last edited by Ashaman; 2010-06-29 at 10:49.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 11:00   Link #256
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
did you guys know???

Hinata was the first person to say "I love you" to naruto..... pretty cool huh?
Hey yakumo-chan I hate to break it to you, but I claimed that avatar as soon as sayde posted it.You can check on page 5 buddy.Sorry, but Hinata belongs to me and only me.Muahahaha!
Old 2010-06-29, 11:11   Link #257
sayde

But I don't see your name on it. j/k
*edit*
here's another one someone can claim.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-06-29 at 11:28.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 11:32   Link #258
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Ain't nobody against her coming outta the woodworx with a spinning dagger kick...I'm pi$$ed so many of these great Konoha ninjas are either dead or Anne Frank level quiet right now...NOBODY saw Hinata about to get powned?????? Nobody could have used a ninja trick just to create a diversion to save her a$$? You'd think this fight was only on Pay-Per-View the way these dudes are sitting down...I know Pain is the $hit, but are only Hinata and Konohamaru hittin' the Chrystal Meth?

I think what this arc really exposed was Konoha's absolute overrated ninja teams...Not talented enuff to beat Pain, but atleast enuff talent to get the f*ck or collaborate to save one person via a, hmmm, what do they call it again,

....a ninja art! o_o
The only one who could of done anything is Ko the Hinata bodyguard since he saw her run out there like a crazy person. Even badly injured, I am surprised he didn't try to hobble out there. For now he will live in eternal shame. Hanabi will kill him in one blow for his failure.

Why do I have a feeling the Japanese are working on some Ko x Hinata doujin after learning he took care of her since she was a little girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
My impression from a translation of the Kishimoto 2010 interview is that there is a huge amount of pressure for more Hinata-Hinata. But again I personally can't see how they can write more Hinata into it without it being a filler, or just making it forced.
Actually, the interview didn't say more people wanted to see Hinata. Kishimoto was talking about Sakura and how fans say she should act more like a heroine. Like the brave Hinata who just gave her life(?) to help Naruto. Kishi was quick to point out Sakura is not Hinata. Unlike Hinata, Sakura is a main character and actually important to the story.
Old 2010-06-29, 11:42   Link #259
sayde

If I didn't know any better, I'd have guessed Hinabi was Chuck Norris's and Hiashi's love child based on the crap I reading in this thread. lol

But seriously, I wonder if Kishi will ever shed some light on the dynamics between the two siblings. It'd be interesting to find out if there were any subtle feelings of superiority, jealousy, or animosity between the two.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 11:57   Link #260
james0246

^Chuck Norris has nothing on the sheer kickassery of Hanabi. If you really want to make a gif from the episode, then take the sequence where Hanabi effortlessly owns Hinata...j/k.

Tags
weekly episode discussion