AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 18:05   Link #1701
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

I don't remember a lot of Bleach's elements about the dead. Yeah, I remember that people that die (as long as a Shinigami guided you) will go to SS. But, now, can Shuu-chan and Ginjo become Shinigami or they will stay forever in the Rukongai?
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 18:55   Link #1702
Alchemist007
*Author

Tsukushima Shuukurou.
Old 2012-11-28, 19:40   Link #1703
Expendable GM Pilot

Why would Ichigo going up to meet the Spirit King make Kukaku's Uncle sad? Have we met this Uncle person before?
Expendable GM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:54   Link #1704
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable GM Pilot View Post
Why would Ichigo going up to meet the Spirit King make Kukaku's Uncle sad? Have we met this Uncle person before?
you know I think everyone will agree with me when I say that the uncle Kukaku and Ganjou is Ishin
Old 2012-11-28, 20:59   Link #1705
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I just wonder why the ex-fullbringers are training for SS.
Okay, they may be dead now, but weren't they enemies of SS? IMHO it would make more sense for them trying to become allies of the Vandenreich.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but..., souls in Bleach don't have memories of when they were alive...or they shouldn't. We saw Rukia and Renji as children and they had only talked about life from when they were children in Rukongai, poor people at that.

Of course the counter to that is the boy from episode 4/chapter 6 or so...the boy that was sealed in a parrot. When the group arrived in Soul Society the first time, Chad met the boy again and the boy remembered him... so... hm.

I'm more irked that the Fullbringers still have their clothes from when they were alive...it's as if they never left =P
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 21:01   Link #1706
kiki san

This time Ginjou will be the last man standing.
kiki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 21:37   Link #1707
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Knwoing Kubo Ishida will probably appear during the final battle.
Old 2012-11-28, 21:59   Link #1708
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
We saw Rukia and Renji as children and they had only talked about life from when they were children in Rukongai, poor people at that.
I don't recall anyone ever claiming that Souls sent to SS didn't retain their memories from their time in the living world. Rukia was killed and sent to SS as a baby. So her memories would naturally only be limited to her time in the afterlife since she was brought up there for as long as she could remember. And we don't know enough about Renji's life (prior to the point where he met Rukia) to know roughly how old he was before he arrived in Soul Society. He could've been a baby as well when it happened. But even if Renji did have some memories of his time in the living world, we weren't really shown a situation where he'd necessarily need to talk about it.

So to sum it up, the reason why we've only seen Renji and Rukia talk about their life from when they were children in Rukongai is likely because they either were too young to remember their time in the living realm, their lives in the living realm were to irrelevant to talk about, or a combination of both.

Still, having stated that, I stand open for correction.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 22:26   Link #1709
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
At first I was shocked. But then I realized that these guys could actually afford to get killed without getting completely cut from the plot. Afterall, since they were alive during the fullbring arc, their death would only mean they can continue to remain relevant as souls.
I realized that too. Which has explained a nagging questioned of mine—what would happen to Ichigo if he actually died—he just end back up in SS.
Quote:
Though it'll be interesting to see what excuse Kubo provides to explain how they'll retain their fullbring abilities (if at all). I mean, one would think that they should've lost their hollow-based abilities upon having their souls be cleansed at the time of their death.
I could see them somehow using their hollow-powers. It’s not like their hollow side is completely removed because of a kanso. It’s just cleansed. I think that if they trained hard enough and concentrated on that aspect of their soul, they could probably reawaken that side of their being—though their powers would probably be different, if not enhanced for plot convenience later on. I'm not saying I can explain this well, and I doubt when the time comes Kubo will either. It will probably be one of those moments we'll just have to accept, shrug off, and nit pick something else that's little more offensive and trollish, granted if there is one at the time.
Old 2012-11-29, 00:11   Link #1710
Expendable GM Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
you know I think everyone will agree with me when I say that the uncle Kukaku and Ganjou is Ishin
Even if he is Isshin why would Ichigo meeting the Spirit King make him sad. Shouldn't meeting the Spirit King be an honor?
Expendable GM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 00:23   Link #1711
peachfuzz

Should Ichigo be happy meeting the Spirit King but I'm getting the feeling it will suck
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 00:34   Link #1712
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Even if he is Isshin why would Ichigo meeting the Spirit King make him sad. Shouldn't meeting the Spirit King be an honor?
I really do not know but for the Ishin made ​​that their uncle would I think that's it, if not then I do not see who else Kukaku could speak...
Old 2012-11-29, 00:52   Link #1713
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I don't recall anyone ever claiming that Souls sent to SS didn't retain their memories from their time in the living world. Rukia was killed and sent to SS as a baby. So her memories would naturally only be limited to her time in the afterlife since she was brought up there for as long as she could remember. And we don't know enough about Renji's life (prior to the point where he met Rukia) to know roughly how old he was before he arrived in Soul Society. He could've been a baby as well when it happened. But even if Renji did have some memories of his time in the living world, we weren't really shown a situation where he'd necessarily need to talk about it.

So to sum it up, the reason why we've only seen Renji and Rukia talk about their life from when they were children in Rukongai is likely because they either were too young to remember their time in the living realm, their lives in the living realm were to irrelevant to talk about, or a combination of both.

Still, having stated that, I stand open for correction.
That parakeet that Chad saved remembered him, so yes souls can remember their time in the living world.

As for the fullbringers, I suppose they'll have zanpakutou that match their Fullbrings.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 07:14   Link #1714
archer_shirou01

Quote:
"uncle" Isshin would be sad because he prolly doesnt want Ichigo to fight and risk his life anymore and going to the Royal Palace will only mean more hardships for Ichigo .And he prolly doesnt want another of his son to die just like Kaien (considering that their relatives and such)
Thats why Urahara told him to do what he wants and dont let others influence his decision so he wont regret it in the future .

Or maybe because "uncle" Isshin had some bad memories being one of the Royal Guards(or even much higher ranking than that , if there ever is one )

And the Soul King could really be a loli or the likes , considering the attitudes/traits of those that protect him/her (the Royal Guards) are quite unique and messed up .

And probably why those dead fullbringers are training in SS , is because maybe their memories got wiped out because they got killed by Soul Reapers(as an effect of being killed by those zanpakutos).
Old 2012-11-29, 11:07   Link #1715
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I just wonder why the ex-fullbringers are training for SS.
Okay, they may be dead now, but weren't they enemies of SS? IMHO it would make more sense for them trying to become allies of the Vandenreich.
Ginjou was redeemed through his battle with Ichigo. Tsukishima just follows Ginjou as usual. Giriko... I have no clue. He seemed like a complete asshole who only cared about power. He was a shitty character too, it would have been better to not bring him back.
Old 2012-11-29, 12:24   Link #1716
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Derp.. i didn't knew those were fullbringers, i guess they can do something. Im happy Grimmjow is back. Overall I liked the chapter.
Old 2012-11-29, 16:53   Link #1717
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Right, thanks. I dunno about him. We'll see.
About souls having memories. I'm pretty sure they do, not only because of the parrot kid, but because of his new family as well. They all knew those are not their real parents/siblings, and were still searching for them, although they grouped together to survive. Basic Bleach stuff, yet I feel like it's coming from a whole different story...I'm pretty sure Kubo does not remember his own premise either
It is a miracle he remembered about souls going to SS.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 17:50   Link #1718
bonsobon

I remember all the speculation about Tsukishima's fate on these forums at the end of the Fullbringer arc so it's nice to see this chapter answer that question once and for all. Interesting to see that the Shibas are going to participate in the rematch between the Gotei 13 and the Vandenreich. They don't normally involve themselves in such things so I wonder what's changed for them.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 02:45   Link #1719
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Giriko... I have no clue. He seemed like a complete asshole who only cared about power. He was a shitty character too, it would have been better to not bring him back.
Giriko was an asshole, but I liked his power, so I'm glad to see him back.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:25   Link #1720
itachi-san314

so since the fullbringers went to SS as adults doesn't that mean that souls go to SS and appear as the age they were when they died? that would mean that renji and rukia did indeed die as little kids which would explain their lack of memories
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter