AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-10, 01:12   Link #7201
Pen3

No scouts on an inferior team? No worries i'll carry the team to victory! I have some APCR loaded but haven't had to use any for 100+ games.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

T54E1 Replay
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 01:48   Link #7202
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Tempester: Wait, how did you survive the Lorraine 40t? XD Everyone I've talked to has told me to avoid it like the plague to keep my sanity.
It's bad, but not awful. It's still a workable tank. People expect to play it like a AMX-13 90 but it's not anywhere the same at all. It's much more similar to the AMX-50 100. That said, it wouldn't be my tier 9 pubstomp tank of choice at all.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 05:03   Link #7203
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

He is smart on how to deal with it maybe. Cuz he's not a bad player, last time we dis training big Mac is usually the last to survive.
Old 2013-06-10, 06:34   Link #7204
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Tempester: Wait, how did you survive the Lorraine 40t? XD Everyone I've talked to has told me to avoid it like the plague to keep my sanity.
I just skipped the Lorraine 40t using free XP. I originally planned on grinding it, but decided against it after looking up its stats and reading some opinions about it. I didn't want to "forget" the 13 90's agile playstyle before getting to the BatChat 25t. This will probably be the last time I ever skip a high tier tank.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 09:52   Link #7205
Gravitas Free Zone

I did some more derping on the test server and my opinion now is that it's still destructive, but also not the one-shot force that it used to be, at least if the target has somewhat decent armor to start with. And it does bounce/not penetrate quite a bit at any sort of range if the angle isn't right.

The more pressing issue is that shells for a PzIV or Sherman or a Hetzer now cost 4000 credits each. I suppose you could wait for a sale and hoard, but generally that means that firing over 10 HEAT in a game is almost certainly a money loss unless it's a multikill victory.

And I finally saw Sacred Valley, where Russians driving T95s roam... though I didn't see very much of it, since I was trying to use the S-51. The now 50-second reload is... very long.
Images
No sign of Alan Alda or Oh Soon-Tek
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 11:33   Link #7206
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I just skipped the Lorraine 40t using free XP. I originally planned on grinding it, but decided against it after looking up its stats and reading some opinions about it. I didn't want to "forget" the 13 90's agile playstyle before getting to the BatChat 25t. This will probably be the last time I ever skip a high tier tank.
My virus skipping tiers has struck again XD. first ute and now big mac joined my club.

But no where near my lvl of skipping. wonder who else skipped tiers before.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-06-10 at 11:53.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 11:50   Link #7207
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

E3 2013: Announcing World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 11:52   Link #7208
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Wonder how that will work.
Old 2013-06-10, 11:54   Link #7209
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quite irrelevant to us... since the developers pretty much stated that even if a console version was available, they won't see PC players.

And for good reason.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 12:00   Link #7210
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Yeah it would be trolling nub in tier I games. Heck it would be funny if they even did it on the test server. Also wonder how it will play since console vs pc are incompatible.

Questions like how would they text or voip, what will the configs will be for using consumables and switching out ammo types, how will they upgrade mods, purchase stuff, makes interested in see how it will look and play like.
Old 2013-06-10, 12:02   Link #7211
Tak

Xbox has VOIP accessories.

I just don't see how you can play this damn game on the Xbox without auto aiming constantly on.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-06-10, 12:12   Link #7212
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Just had a hilariously awesome match in my AT 7. I pretty much hid my hull and copula behind a building on the east side of Fisherman's Bay for most of the match, only exposing my far right side and gun. The result was near-impenetrable trolltastic armor, getting tracked a zillion times, receiving 6.6k potential damage, and ruining a few heavies' day.

A screenshot of where I positioned myself is at the end.

Images

This TD is definitely a keeper along with the AT 8. Hope the AT 15 will be good too.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 12:18   Link #7213
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

True i don't see how consoles would play wot.

As u can see i am typing from me phone. nyaah.
Old 2013-06-10, 13:01   Link #7214
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Xbox has VOIP accessories.

I just don't see how you can play this damn game on the Xbox without auto aiming constantly on.

- Tak
Even with basic CoD console controls it should be just fine. You got 2 sticks to move hull and turret and two L buttons for zoom.
Old 2013-06-10, 13:05   Link #7215
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Even with basic CoD console controls it should be just fine.
I tried playing Call of Duty on consoles.

They suck! Thank goddess for USB mouse and keyboard!

- Tak

Old 2013-06-10, 13:07   Link #7216
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Last console I ever bought was a SEGA Genesis (with Altered Beast, before Sonic was invented). I've been a PC gamer ever since. Not sure how console gaming will work with WoT and War Thunder.

Endless "Old timer" Soul
Old 2013-06-10, 13:33   Link #7217
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I tried playing Call of Duty on consoles.

They suck! Thank goddess for USB mouse and keyboard!

- Tak
Compared to mouse and keyb yes, but there are still tons more console FPS players than PC. Most of my friends play CoD on console so i was forced to adapt and it isn't that bad once you get used to it.
Old 2013-06-10, 14:41   Link #7218
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

The reason is simple y shooters r prolly more popular on consoles, it barely takes skill once u adapt to it. Then BF series changed the whole concept of FPS becuz its more closer to a realitic arcade military game. its got maps vehicles guns and reward system. well u can say good bye to medal of honor series since they took it off their game rotation.

Well the last console i ever had or played on was ps 2 and psp. other than that pc version will out rank consoles even if the ps4 can operate with pc stats. once u go pc u nvr go bak.

YouTube

Get rdy xbox fools it to a xbox near u.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-06-10 at 15:37.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 15:36   Link #7219
Gravitas Free Zone

More from the test server: I could play things in tiers that I don't have yet, or I could do this...

Images

Ye gods, that thing is slow and arty really wants to kill you. I put the mongo-sized spall liner on it and it may have helped me survive that.

I also got a Hellcat, which is amusing... and of course I got Port three maps in a row, so camo and binocs turned out to be useless.

Images

Yep, HEAT derp costs more. Additional experimentation confirms the need to use it much more carefully now, though this time I got some of those good old-fashioned long range derp kills... the SU-26, of course, has no armor, but I did do quite a bit of damage to the T-34 from a distance. The Excelsior, of course, laughed off my attempts to HEAT derp it from range... if it wasn't the test server I wouldn't have tried.

Still, overuse of HEAT will be a money spill in 8.6.

Images

This new pattern isn't very colorful, but the shapes are cute.

Also to note here, they said they'd change the costs of some of the other premium ammo, and the long 75mm ammo went from 2000 to 2800 per round.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:09   Link #7220
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Anyone doing that 5000 gold thing for warplanes? Looks like they said you can't just bot it and have to actually play it. Wonder if it's real.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks