AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-06, 01:15   Link #1101
BlueDo

Well, gods haven't been introduced yet.
And angels aren't necessarily magic-only.
Also, level 6 might be a lie after all.
Old 2009-12-06, 02:12   Link #1102
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

.....Why did everyone think Accelerator died in his fight against Kihara? Sure, he is badly beat up, and out of battery. But he is stil breathing and brain still thinking. I mean, it is when he realized the flaw of his own logic that he gets to awaken.

Anyway, becoming Lv.6 is to achieve the SYSTEM, which is like the science equivalent of La Persona superiore a Dio. I think that is why Accelerator and Kakine are still considered Lv.5, despite they make the other Lv.5s look puny, they are still not good enough to be considered Lv.6 yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Magic users have alot to consider; apparently the requirement to cast a spell needs to be very specific, otherwise it won't work. But Magicians can use a variety off spells, and those spells doesn't have to follow physical law at all.
It really depends, some magic have very cheap requirements yet ridiculously powerful. Like Vent's Divine Punishement Formula, that is like, it is so easy to use and so poweful it is ridiculous.

And if you are a Saint... you can simply spam magic non stop. In the fight between kaori and Aqua, the two literally covered their battle fields full of magic formulas and consatntly hijacking each other's formula.

Also, Saints are not the only powerful ones on Magic side. I have no doubt that God's Right Seat can take on Kakine and Accelerator just fine. Accelerator literally have no way of beating Vent, and Fianma's power needs no explanation.
Old 2009-12-06, 05:05   Link #1103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Don't forget about the angels, gods, and whatever else there is on that level, which I assume is the magical equivalent to level 6.
I don't know about gods, but the Alister already have his own personal Angel on stand by, something the magic side doesn't quite have yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Also, Saints are not the only powerful ones on Magic side. I have no doubt that God's Right Seat can take on Kakine and Accelerator just fine. Accelerator literally have no way of beating Vent, and Fianma's power needs no explanation.
Actually... If you don't mind Could you explain to me what the God's Right Seat powers are ?
Old 2009-12-06, 06:27   Link #1104
tsunade666

Quote:
.....Why did everyone think Accelerator died in his fight against Kihara? Sure, he is badly beat up, and out of battery. But he is stil breathing and brain still thinking. I mean, it is when he realized the flaw of his own logic that he gets to awaken.
His not dead yet after that beating? I mean his not almost moving there. If your not moving anymore can you be considered alive? or maybe I read it wrong
What his like touma that should be dead but still alive and well

The god's right seat are all miracle workers for me. And I also don't know the powers of others. The only one I know is vent who has the power of hammering you down with torrents of wind and also I'm not sure about this but if you don't have imagine breaker then your good as dead because you will loose consciousness like those anti skill and judgment that tries to stop her on the gate. And about aqua....... the only thing I know of him without the ascalon is his the MAN OF STEEL! SUPERMAN REBORN! AS A SAINT! terminator on magic side well that's for me about terra and fianna. I have vague idea about terra but its hard to understand with all those hierarchy.
Old 2009-12-06, 16:08   Link #1105
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually... If you don't mind Could you explain to me what the God's Right Seat powers are ?
Spoiler for Terra of the Front:

Spoiler for Terra of the Left:

Spoiler for Aqua of the Back:

Its all shmaster and wiki says, Fiamma didn't revealed his powers yet.
Old 2009-12-06, 20:26   Link #1106
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for Terra of the Front:

Spoiler for Terra of the Left:

Spoiler for Aqua of the Back:
Is there a reason the other three can't use Human magic? And they aren't Saints to boot?
Old 2009-12-06, 22:24   Link #1107
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Is there a reason the other three can't use Human magic? And they aren't Saints to boot?
They are magicians who had purified their original sin as much as they can and thus gain the powers and body similiar to angels. But because that "original sin"="the fruit of wisdom", they lost the ability to cast human magic.

EDIT: Baka tsuki is translating vol.3 =_=;
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in....28and_More.29

In the website of Kiyortaka Haimura, looks like a second volume of railgun novel is going to be released in th next comiket.
Old 2009-12-06, 22:34   Link #1108
tsunade666

I'm not sure for this one but I think that if the author used the a bible reference then using magic is a sin specially that the god's right hand are part of the rome vatican. They are the roman catholics and in the bible magicians and spell casters are consider sinners.

So when they purify them selves they also lost the ability to wield the so called fruit of wisdom. The fruit that's been tempted to be eaten by adam and eve.

But this is only pure guess because even I' am not sure about this

well for my question. While reading vol 14. I find it hard to understand this part

Spoiler for vol14:

thanks in advance
Old 2009-12-07, 04:42   Link #1109
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I should add, the cheapest thing about Divine Punishment Formula is that, you can get you no matter where you are, even if you are on the other side of the Earth. As long as you remotely knows who Vent is, and if you remotely consider her an enemy, you'll lose your consciousness.
Old 2009-12-07, 05:45   Link #1110
sasuke706

Quote:
I should add, the cheapest thing about Divine Punishment Formula is that, you can get you no matter where you are, even if you are on the other side of the Earth. As long as you remotely knows who Vent is, and if you remotely consider her an enemy, you'll lose your consciousness.
Well, while we're going in-depth... Does it have a time limit? Or do people just lay there until they die?

Fiamma's gonna have to do some crazy things to be on par with these guys.

And if you would share, any clue what they're up to? We know Fiamma's traveling, and Aqua is... protecting a princess, going by a cover... What's Vent up to and Terra up to? Especially since I don't know anything about Terra, fight or anything.
Old 2009-12-07, 07:21   Link #1111
LockeManuel

Quote:
In the website of Kiyortaka Haimura, looks like a second volume of railgun novel is going to be released in th next comiket.
Railgun vol.2?

I visited his site some days ago, but I read he's going to release the second "Toaru Majutsu no Indekkuchu" doujin.
Old 2009-12-07, 07:34   Link #1112
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockeManuel View Post
Railgun vol.2?

I visited his site some days ago, but I read he's going to release the second "Toaru Majutsu no Indekkuchu" doujin.
Yeah that's not Railgun, It's a vol.2 of "To aru Majutsu no Indekkuchu".
Old 2009-12-07, 09:00   Link #1113
Miraluka
Banned

Sorry, thats true but I also read Mikoto Misaka there XD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
things to be on par with these guys.

And if you would share, any clue what they're up to? We know Fiamma's traveling, and Aqua is... protecting a princess, going by a cover... What's Vent up to and Terra up to? Especially since I don't know anything about Terra, fight or anything.
Spoiler for about these guys:
Old 2009-12-07, 11:44   Link #1114
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Spoiler for about these guys:
Spoiler for vent:
Old 2009-12-07, 16:09   Link #1115
tsunade666

The god's right seat aren't really all bad. They have their own ideals to uphold and beliefs well except for Fianna. His a puzzle.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:26   Link #1116
Miraluka
Banned

Now looks like the problem is the leader but I have a feeling that he is not that bad.

I have found these:
神上(La Persona superiore a Dio)
Old 2009-12-07, 22:26   Link #1117
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I personally would argue that Terra and Fianma are inredeemable jerks.

Terra is just a hopeless zealot, that is why Aqua get rid of him.
As for Fianma, he completly doesn't value the life of the other. Even the Pope, who consider the other 3 to be nuts but still tolerable, finds Fianma wayyyy over the line to the point of wondering can Fianma still be called a Christian. Hell, Fianma even used the Holy Right in the fight against the Pope despite he knew the blow would destroy Ventican. Ventican would already be in debris if Pope didn't absorb all the damage on to himself.
Old 2009-12-07, 23:34   Link #1118
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I personally would argue that Terra and Fianma are inredeemable jerks.

Terra is just a hopeless zealot, that is why Aqua get rid of him.
As for Fianma, he completly doesn't value the life of the other. Even the Pope, who consider the other 3 to be nuts but still tolerable, finds Fianma wayyyy over the line to the point of wondering can Fianma still be called a Christian. Hell, Fianma even used the Holy Right in the fight against the Pope despite he knew the blow would destroy Ventican. Ventican would already be in debris if Pope didn't absorb all the damage on to himself.
Like many scientists in Academy City, and what the heck! and the pope is still alive after that mess? How? Did he used his old magic robe?
Old 2009-12-08, 00:22   Link #1119
tsunade666

His the POPE! its natural for him to have a secret or two just like the whole roman catholic does. No surprise if his even stronger than fianna but this just show that for now fianna will be the toughest one to beat with his incomplete holy right.

Maybe touma is the unholy right.
Old 2009-12-08, 00:24   Link #1120
Used Can

Quote:
Ventican would already be in debris if Pope didn't absorb all the damage on to himself.
Spoiler for I couldn't help myself:

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen