AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-22, 15:07   Link #17621
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I think I must have missed something in volume, but what really happened to the audience?
Old 2012-03-22, 15:30   Link #17622
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Depends if his head is harder or that stack of paper was harder
Rather the stack of paper that was described to be as hard as a brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
No, not an android.

All of Kakine is still alive, they're just being preserved. Separately

Cyber=Kakine was just a illusion from the start - if he came back it would be like Mugino. Mostly human with a few cyborg parts. But now that he has aquired the abilty to create Dark Matter Tissue, if he comes back it'll be as a near-unkillable Esper with Dark Matter body parts.
Kakine!!!!

---
Yes, The Holy God Hero Touma shines again, even if defeated he is still on top. May he be praised
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-03-22, 16:26   Link #17623
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Is there really a "can Mikoto awaken" discussion?
Old 2012-03-22, 16:52   Link #17624
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Final battle - Hamazura versus Othinus.
I seriously think this is what's gonna happen.

Othinus and GREMLIN destroy parts of Academy City, huge fighting going on with Kiharas, ITEM, Fridge-kun and Equ.DarkMatter, Angelerator. Othinus is just bored and strolling to the Windowless Building, when...

Hamazura: YOU BITCHHH!

Othinus: ...I won't lose to such an idiot--

*Gets bludgeoned to death by a pipe-wielding Hamazura*

Edit:

Mikoto awakens.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-22, 17:07   Link #17625
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I think I must have missed something in volume, but what really happened to the audience?
They ran.

Its because all the fighting took place in an Alt Dimension (well, more like time was out of sync, but whatever) that none of the Kihara's or AC forces could find the people and kill them.

What exactly they did is unknown, but most likely they hid until things calmed down, by which point Baggage city had won a Pyrrhic Victory (they'd beat all the invading forces but had lost most of their higher ups and most of their military might) and were completely unable to deal with AC when they came to negoitate.
Old 2012-03-22, 17:07   Link #17626
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The issue with luck and the whole 'rigged' fight with Othinus got me thinking, how does Kamijou Touma continously save so many lives? Hell the way it's sometimes described, just by his presences alone people are safe.

Perhaps his bad luck automatically makes the others around him more fortunate.

For a rough example, if two people played rock-scissor-paper, one of them would surely 'lose'. But if Touma comes in as a third player, he would essentially 'save' them both

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
I doubt that the Loki Nets were able to one-shot the HsB-07's - I got the feeling the AC planes were just beginning their counter attack.
I hope so, this is really one of those rare moments Kamachi let both sides bash each other senseless.

Quote:
Magic is based on legends and myths, right? So isn't it possible that, like Enshuu copied Touma's mental patterns, someone could do the magic equivalant and base a spell on him?
Normally I would say no, but Magic side has proven to use scientific knowledge in magical ways before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
GIVE OTHINUS AN ILLUSTRATION!!!!!
Remember that we didn't get to see Fiamma until the last pages of Vol 18, a solid two volumes after he was first introduced wiping out a third of the Vatican.

Quote:
Onto the second thought. I also agree. Hands down and bows down with forehead on the ground. Kamachi's creative idea on that department never cease to amaze me even though it all looks gibberish at first because I don't understand it much unless I read it or google it.
Oh I understood most of it at least at face value, I just never thought he'll use them in those ways.

Quote:
On the third part with the HS fights against Loki's net. Its one of the thing that excites me on Index III is the weapons that academy city will unveil. Specially in vol 14 where the boombers shows up to bomb Italy. It will look totally sweet in anime pov when all those high tech of academy city shows up. Magic side shows good characters but their weapons are pretty old looking for me.....
If Shana III is any indication, Index's war would at least be satisfactory.

Quote:
and lastly face it chaoz. TOUMA = HERO of this verse. He got male fans and female fans. But in the afterword of this volume. Solidifies my theory of change for Touma. Because I notice in the chapter when he just say that he didn't ended up saving Kagun. It's like ... it's not bothering him at all or rather it bothers him but its not showing in emotion at all. Touma is CHANGING. It also reminds me the difference of Shirou and Archer of fate. Touma from before would be emotional in such situation when he failed to protect someone and it just didn't ended up with injury but death. He is beginning to accept that he alone or he can't save the world. But still he WILL SAVE "world"

It puts me into at ease in his last words muttered to Ollerus that their are still people needs to be save even though his also at that state. I can't help but mimic Ollerus smiling

Touma is changing and so as the world is changing but something will still not change.
I see that ever since vol 20 after he defeated Accelerator a second time. He's not going to stop for meaningless things like whether he's worthy or not to save someone, it doesn't change that he wants to.

So likewise, even if he can't save some people, he's not going to stop trying.

...But why am I commenting on this? I haven't read up to that yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
I don't know if you can call them "pseudo"-science. That magnetic-waves user that fought against Saflee during the Natural Selector made me remember of a physics experiment that I did during my high-school days. The bits about virus and bacteria having no immunity to ultraviolet light and a film of water reducing friction that Enshuu used in her tactics are something that you can easily learn through a research in the internet. The only "science" that looked really shady in this volume was the one that Byouri used, but - in a sense - that couldn't be helped.

If anything, we really should be admiring Kamachi's hard work to make everything so realistic.
For all we know that's probably where he got his ideas from.

He saw something and goes, "I want to use that!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
That's nothing new. We already saw something like that in the perceptions that Accelerator and a few other characters had on him. If there is anything different, it is simply the fact that those perceptions are now shared by an even greater number of people all over the world (I guess his newly found reputation of "being the one who stopped WW3" is not just for show after all).

No, the difference is Accelerator had met him, all the Necessarius members have fought beside him, but these people have never seen 'Kamijou Touma' in their life before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
My view is that she would normally not be in combat or prefers not to be in such a situation. It's sort of similar to myself: If needed, I will use a steel pipe to strike down two dozen rugby players into a mass of bloody pulp, but I would rather avoid that being necessary.
That was disturbingly specific.
Old 2012-03-22, 17:33   Link #17627
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Perhaps his bad luck automatically makes the others around him more fortunate.
Come to think of it, isn't that one of the ways his classmates see him? Someone who sucks up all the bad, leaving them with only the good.

I can't remember properly.

Quote:
Normally I would say no, but Magic side has proven to use scientific knowledge in magical ways before.
I didn't specifically mean that they'd use his brain patterns, I only used that as an example.

What I meant was... Well, what makes a legend? How does that legend make its way into a magical spell (barring Idol Theory). What conditions, if any, are required to be able to create a spell based on a legend. Is it possible to create a spell based on the extra-ordinary feats of a living person? In this case Touma, but now that I think about it, someone like Accelerator may count too.

Two examples - Is it possible to use Touma as a basis for a spell that interfers with "God's blessing" or use Accelerator as a basis for a spell capable of reflecting everything that touches the user.
Old 2012-03-22, 18:06   Link #17628
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

I doubt you can do it without going into Idol Theory though. Basing a spell on a legend is still within the scope of Idol Theory, like how Cendrillon used a fairy tale (legend) for her magic.

Hmm, Idol Theory applied to a living 'legend'. Interesting indeed, but I doubt the spell would be very strong considering Idol Worship realizes on the 'Original' to be fucking hax, like Curtanna to Michael.

Plus, maybe Imagine Breaker isn't something that can be encompassed or used in Idol Theory.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-22, 18:07   Link #17629
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
That was disturbingly specific.
Now, why would that example be so specific?

*Continues hiding the blood-soaked steel pipe behind her back*
Old 2012-03-22, 19:12   Link #17630
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Come to think of it, isn't that one of the ways his classmates see him? Someone who sucks up all the bad, leaving them with only the good.

I can't remember properly.
They did use him as bait to draw the teacher's attention during that one incident where they tried to sneak out of school to buy lunch....

But frankly I don't know what 'good' Kamijou has left for them, I mean-

"Ah..."
"LOVE!?"
"LOVE LETTER!?"
"AH? TO KAMIJOU!? NOT TO ME!?"
"KAMIJOU..."
"KAMIJOU, THAT BASTARD...!"
"HOW ARE WE GOING TO MAKE HIM BREAK UP WITH THAT BEAUTY!?"

Quote:
Now, why would that example be so specific?

*Continues hiding the blood-soaked steel pipe behind her back*

No idea Ma'am, I didn't see or hear or understood or deduce or implicate anything from your statements...
Old 2012-03-22, 19:33   Link #17631
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
They did use him as bait to draw the teacher's attention during that one incident where they tried to sneak out of school to buy lunch....

But frankly I don't know what 'good' Kamijou has left for them, I mean-:

I think he mean this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 6, Chapter 1, Part 4
“Hm? What’s up Kami-yan? Did you walk here only to remember that you forgot to bring your homework? If that’s the case, it’s really funny and pitiful.”

After Aogami Pierce said this, everyone in the class turns to look at Kamijou.

And the class got louder.

“Ah? What? Kamijou forgot to bring his homework?”

“Eh, Kamijou, did you really forget to bring your homework?”

“BANZAI! SENSEI’S EYES WILL BE ATTRACTED BY KAMIJOU’S MISFORTUNE! OUR DAMAGES WILL BE REDUCED TO THE MINIMUM! BANZAI!!”

Seeing the entire class cheer like that, Kamijou inadvertently lets out an impatient look.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-03-22 at 19:45.
Old 2012-03-22, 19:47   Link #17632
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Plus, maybe Imagine Breaker isn't something that can be encompassed or used in Idol Theory.
I'd go with this. I'd say you'd have a similar problem invoking Imagine Breaker as Touma does trying to use magic. Even if he wanted to, the mere presence of Imagine Breaker would negate any spell he tried to use. Basically, trying to invoke Imagine Breaker would cause the "IB effect" to destroy the spell as it tries to invoke it. You'd get nowhere trying to do it unless you can "pick and choose" what the IB effect is negating.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:31   Link #17633
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Aw man Sigyn had a lot of potential. Disappointed that she didn't get a chance to show off her ability(didnt even make an appearance). From what was said in the afterword she was turned into a table or chair by Marian. Then my Utgard-Loki got taken out early(atleast he was able to show his magic). Kamachi didn't really seem to give a rats ass about them, well they weren't meant for direct battle.

Well Bersi died as a Magician would, it would have been even more badass if he had a Sorcery Name and stated it in his battle

Well there are still some more of Gremlin to be seen though
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-03-22, 21:21   Link #17634
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Well Bersi died as a Magician would, it would have been even more badass if he had a Sorcery Name and stated it in his battle

Well there are still some more of Gremlin to be seen though
Heck, he lived that long only to accomplish his goal, for a person like him, I think he did have a magic name, but there was no point on revealing it to a scientist.
Old 2012-03-22, 22:33   Link #17635
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Can someone please explain why they used those illusions of Touma at the beginning of volume?
Old 2012-03-22, 22:59   Link #17636
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Well u guys write a lot :P I am still at part 27 still remeber theres still potential on Mikoto, but she must break out of parameter list.

Hell if someone have potential would be Gunha... and of course Misaki... honestly mind control is hax no matter how u paint it
Old 2012-03-22, 23:00   Link #17637
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

So now that Ollerus, Fiamma, and Touma might be teaming up, are they going to be cutting off Touma's right hand every time they want to use Fiamma's Holy Right or what?
Old 2012-03-22, 23:09   Link #17638
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Torture and make touma bleed... I AM IN.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:11   Link #17639
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
What restrains Mikoto would be her unwillingness to kill, but that's what characteristic of her. She has the power, but she wouldn't use it to kill (for now).
Thou Shalt Not Kill: The bane of badass superheroes everywhere.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:23   Link #17640
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quick question since I'm terribad at long-term memories:

Is Measure Heart limited to only the distance between Girl in a Dress and her choosen target, or can she adjust the distance between two people without herself in the equation?

Just asking...

Spoiler for ...:

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen