AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-04, 15:28   Link #141
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
But there is still possibility of viral infection from Sheryl. Since this is pass through bodily fluid right?

Yes, romance can be romance but again Science is also Science. They will have to come up with an explanation to us, if such scene really did happen and will Alto caught the virus too?

Yeah I thought about that, if there was really a love scene between them, the point was certainly to give to Alto the virus...but this is really near of the end and I don't see the reason to give him the virus...-_-

Quote:
I remember when Alto was in Ranka's room in episode 17... not really the same tension in the air
It was more like...a girl's moment *get out*
I give you the point, seriously, it's clear that with Ranka it was a way more...childish >_>

Old 2008-09-04, 15:30   Link #142
Haninozuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
But there is still possibility of viral infection from Sheryl. Since this is pass through bodily fluid right?

Yes, romance can be romance but again Science is also Science. They will have to come up with an explanation to us, if such scene really did happen and will Alto caught the virus too?
Maybe Alto has a condom ready at hand? Hopefully they practised safe sex.
Old 2008-09-04, 15:33   Link #143
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I say Alto save Sherly by finding Ranka ...bring her back and have threesome with them and maybe Ranka dna would get mix with Sherly some way and save her...okie maybee thats a long shot.. but hey
Old 2008-09-04, 15:38   Link #144
Teletha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanis View Post
Did anyone else see implied AltoxSheryl love scene? He moves in for the kiss right as the camera moves up. That's how they do it in all the hollywood movies when they can't show anything for fear of corrupting the kiddies
As awesome as that would be, I don't think so. For example, there was an implied love scene in DYRL when Misa comes out zipping up her uniform. There is usually more then what was shown in 22. The implying was missing. I don't think the scene was a love confession anyway.
Old 2008-09-04, 15:42   Link #145
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

I believe a kiss at most maybe?

Personally I'd hate to think that they'd push the other line. After all, Sheryl hasn't even confessed and Alto doesn't quite get it yet...

Like Ozma said, Alto still needs to choose his own path. For anything to have happened before Alto is at peace with himself (note end flashback scene), that would just playing on Sheryl's feelings.

---

Anyway.

Anyone think of how bad of a move it was for Leon to move against Grace? I mean psycho cyborg lady vs weird haired man...

And Luca's new animation seems to be sticking. No more stupid blush spots = No Shota.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-04, 15:52   Link #146
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
As awesome as that would be, I don't think so. For example, there was an implied love scene in DYRL when Misa comes out zipping up her uniform. There is usually more then what was shown in 22. The implying was missing. I don't think the scene was a love confession anyway.
yeah, people are reading too much! If they have showed their hands holding each other as if he was laying on top of her, or she fixing her kimono as he was leaving then I would be more inclined to believe they had sex. I think it was just a kiss.
Old 2008-09-04, 15:53   Link #147
LunaNeko

AltoXSheryl moment here is a bit spoiled to me because he knows she's dying. I wish he kissed her under different circumstances, Sheryl is my favourite character and I feel she was cheated out of her truly meaningful moment with Alto. I dunno...with only 3 episodes left I hope they won't drag things out. We still don’t know if he kissed her because news of her sickness triggered his feelings for her or it was just a pity party. Ugh. Damn Macross, lol.
Old 2008-09-04, 15:59   Link #148
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko View Post
AltoXSheryl moment here is a bit spoiled to me because he knows she's dying. I wish he kissed her under different circumstances, Sheryl is my favourite character and I feel she was cheated out of her truly meaningful moment with Alto. I dunno...with only 3 episodes left I hope they won't drag things out. We still don’t know if he kissed her because news of her sickness triggered his feelings for her or it was just a pity party. Ugh. Damn Macross, lol.
Yeah, We will never know now if Alto would have done what he did if he didn't know she is dying.
so it comes as a pity win for sheryl now. Stupid Klan meddling! Actually, Micheal did the same crap when he caused Alto, sheryl and Ranka to meet on the roof, I know Micheal meant well, but it cost his life , poetic justice in my opinion. Let it be a lesson people, don't meddle in the love life of other, the chances of good results are equal to the chances of things having a bad end!
Old 2008-09-04, 16:02   Link #149
Quen

Very nice ep, I'm sure all the endings we'll be getting from here on will be this sort of cliff-hanger type

Edit: translated one of Ozma's great lines at macrossworld, copy/paste:

Ozma does get great lines:

Spoiler:

Ozma channeling Kamina? Awesome B)) ^_^ :lol:

Last edited by Quen; 2008-09-04 at 16:25.
Old 2008-09-04, 16:14   Link #150
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko View Post
yeah, I feel the same way. But I'm still holding out hope for the fact that neither has yet confessed to the other, so I'm thinking that there's got to be atleast an eventual confession scene b /w them to resolve the unresolved feelings & all that.

And the title for the last episode being 'your sound' & its lyrics-

“Our desires were just fine.
And now we don’t have to hold suspicions on each other anymore.
It’s all right we were hurt from time to time
We won’t ever leave each other again”

just kinda make sense if you apply them to their situation considering that they still are'nt coming clean with their feelings yet.
Old 2008-09-04, 16:18   Link #151
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
I've 22 (lol) screencaps of teh ep. Is it ok to post them now? *scratch head*

Otherwise...you can go here

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-04, 16:19   Link #152
kari-no-sugata

During the Sheryl/Alto scene, there was a clear cut to Alto's mother, who died slowly over time due to a weak constitution. Rather similar to Sheryl's situation now. There's been some other signalling linking Sheryl to Alto's mother - she's living in Alto's house, wearing his mother's kimono. Hope Alto's not developing an Oedipus Complex here...

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see Alto volunteer to be Sheryl's personal bodyguard when otherwise off-duty.

PS At the beginning of the show, Alto and Luca are using some new weaponry that's effective against the Vajra, and are using some jamming of fold waves to prevent the info being communicated to next-gen Vajra.
Old 2008-09-04, 16:26   Link #153
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Superb episode folks.
Old 2008-09-04, 16:49   Link #154
Westlo
Lets be reality

Was a nice SherylxAlto scene.... I really, really like Sheryl's new ballad song, Bobby was awesome and Grace is hot. Next episode should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
During the Sheryl/Alto scene, there was a clear cut to Alto's mother, who died slowly over time due to a weak constitution. Rather similar to Sheryl's situation now. There's been some other signalling linking Sheryl to Alto's mother - she's living in Alto's house, wearing his mother's kimono. Hope Alto's not developing an Oedipus Complex here...
I'm thinking they are just trying to link that Alto lost someone he loved in the past in his mother and that Sheryl is in the same position, nothing to do with an Oedipus Complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
He knows...
I find it laughable you're pinning your hopes on a couple who have had one episode of development between them from 16-22... and probably won't even meet again until episode 25. And it's not like the first half of the series was in her favor anyway.....
Old 2008-09-04, 18:00   Link #155
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
three scenes were the awesomest:

1.Alto's eyes' pupils went all distorted seeing sheryl's tears

2.sheryl crying while being hugged by Alto

3.Alto screaming 'stop it' with full of feeling
Old 2008-09-04, 18:16   Link #156
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Will Kawamori and Co. pay for my hospital bill? I swear I'm having chest pains right now after this wonderful wonderful episode <3
I'm sure that he will need to pay for his if he messes around with Sheryl too much.

Damn, you guys are all fired up and now you're making me excited even more
Old 2008-09-04, 18:31   Link #157
Lostdreams

For some reason, the scene wasn't as good as I thought it would be. They tilted away right as they were kissing.
Old 2008-09-04, 18:36   Link #158
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
For some reason, the scene wasn't as good as I thought it would be. They tilted away right as they were kissing.
You can't call it a sort of romantic scene since no one confessed and then some. Even if it rocked, I still felt let down.

Then I read the other threads and understood.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-04, 18:41   Link #159
magnuskn

Hm, yeah. They did kiss, and they ended the scene without any romantic music or whatever you´d expect at that point. Quite strange. And as for Alto sweating... that also was a bit off. I don´t think they had sex, Sheryl would be more responsible than that anyway, given her disease.

Still... that single scene had more feeling than the entire Ranka X Alto interaction in the past. That´s worth something.

I feel that Sheryl will definitely not let Alto be around her only for pity ( if that is his motivation... I doubt that is the most relevant part of his feelings for her ), so I´m looking forward to what happens next week.

BTW... there was a very, very brief shot of some sort of Vajra - blood smeared Valkyrie during the conversation of Sheryl, Luca and Leon... can anybody make sense of why that shot was included?
Old 2008-09-04, 18:47   Link #160
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Then I read the other threads and understood.
Yeah, Cheese had two excellent posts dissecting this scene as to why it felt so bittersweet and unfulfilling. So I'll cross-post it here for the folks too lazy to look it up in the romance thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Spoiler for Brief Analysis of Episode 22:
Closed Thread