AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 11:13   Link #81
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Last movie was "Star Wars: A New Hope"
Gonna continue with "Empire Strikes Back" tmo

Timeless classics both
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 16:59   Link #82
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

After "The Spy Next Door" , i watched "Little Big Soldier" The Jackie Chan's 99th film. (He's the director)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1319718/

If you like "Drama" chinese movies go watch it

Jackie Chan is singing in the trailer (with Lyrics trad):

As usual , he's good ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 17:02   Link #83
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I googled the term "mindfuck movies" and it took me to this site: It's not extensive enough, I don't think. Others could qualify, but it's a cool list nonetheless. ESP. Cube. @_@
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 17:03   Link #84
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Just watched Prince of Persia. It was better than I expected, but I guess the only reason for that is because I was expecting virtually nothing of it. I still didn't like how it divereted so much from the theme of the games, but if you think of it as its own story independent of the games, it could actually be pretty good. But I was a lot more excited about the trailer for "Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands." This game promises to be quite epic.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 21:44   Link #85
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

In theaters? mm it was Kick-Ass ... I must say tho, I wasn't planning to watch that movie because I thought it was going to be an utter failure but I was wrong! It was highly amusing and I think that the only failure in that movie is that it should have been called "Hit Girl" instead of Kick ass.

I haven't had much time to go to the movies but I'll take some time tomorrow to watch Prince of Persia and Iron Man...
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 10:07   Link #86
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

From Paris with Love

Quote:

Watched From Paris with Love some days back, wasn't exactly a masterpiece but was adrenaline pumping entertainment from start to finish . The combination of Rhys Meyers and Travolta has come out pretty good . Reminiscent of Lethal Weapon where Rye Meyers reprises Glovers role . Was way better than expected and hadn't too much expectations to begin with . Good action packed thriller really enjoyed it ...

Trailer / Summary
Old 2010-06-03, 10:54   Link #87
james0246

I've been having a Forman Shane marathon recently. I recommend this actor for any couples wishing to have a little fun late at night (it certainly helps that Shane is one of the cheesiest actors ever)...

I've also been watching/rewatching the complete Daria series on DVD...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-04 at 09:57.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 10:59   Link #88
Lumio
Aiutante Ordinaire

Watched quite a lot of movies recently. The latest one being "Prince of Persia, The Sands of Time". And before that, Iron Man 2 and Kick-Ass. Should have watched Shrek ~Forever After~ too but not yet..
Lumio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 21:40   Link #89
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

For those of you who don't know who this "Daria" person is that James is referring to, you can see some of the episodes streamed here. (Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea if this link will work for our friends outside the US.)

I started watching Daria when my daughter was about 13 or so, and it quickly became my favorite American animated series.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 12:59   Link #90
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Just watched Whisper of the Heart. I'd forgotten how good that movie was, but now I got the song Country Roads stuck in my head.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 12:40   Link #91
love23

I've watched two: at home, I watched Avatar for 6th time , and in the cinema, I watched Percy Jackson and the thief of thunder
love23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 14:51   Link #92
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
For those of you who don't know who this "Daria" person is that James is referring to, you can see some of the episodes streamed here. (Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea if this link will work for our friends outside the US.)

I started watching Daria when my daughter was about 13 or so, and it quickly became my favorite American animated series.
I just finished the DVDs and now I'm a little depressed...Damn you good shows needing to end eventually!!! . Very good series, well worth to 50 dollars I shelled out for the set. Kind of annoying that the DVDs couldn't get the copyrights for most of the songs featured in the show, but, as I said, that's more of an annoyance, not a hindrance.

Next, To get through my (slight) depression, I've decided to have a Tarkovsky pseudo-marathon...but then I'm going to go see the A-Team (after the marathon), so I'll probably be depressed (again) this time next week (albeit for very different reasons )...
Old 2010-06-07, 15:06   Link #93
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
Recent Movies you Watched
Last movies were:

Law Abiding Citizen
Gamer
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Iron Man 2
Pandorum
From Paris with Love
Old 2010-06-07, 15:16   Link #94
james0246

^I found I liked Pandorum far more than I initially thought I would. Sure the story was fairly obvious, the monsters were just the creatures from The Descent with tools, and the ending was a little silly, but still, the actors and the director made the film far more lively than it should have been (a long time favourite small-scale actor of mine, Ben Foster, was quite good as Bower, even if the part verged on silly at times, same goes for Dennis Quaid's performance throughout...Antje Traue was unnecessarily hot, though...). Set designs were also quite nice...
Old 2010-06-07, 16:56   Link #95
Sempie
Rargna

The Good, The Bad, And The Weird.

9.5/10

I haven't laughed so hard since A Clockwork Orange, and Rushmore. It's a shame the ending wasn't cliche, but not as good as I thought.
Sempie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 11:03   Link #96
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yesterday I watched FU and Kick-ass...FU was fun, with some hilarious moments, but generally too american/teen for my current tastes. Kick-ass, on the other hand, was awesome!
Spoiler for Kick-ass plot points,SPOOOOIIIILEEEEERS! and commentary:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 11:46   Link #97
james0246

^I think the character of MacCready, while played wonderfully by Nicholas Cage, was a huge mistep in its departure from the comics...which I will not reveal because the comics are so freaking good....
Old 2010-06-08, 13:12   Link #98
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
I watched this movies again

Spoiler for Ghetto Gangz 1 & 2:

Spoiler for Die Purpurnen Flüsse 1 & 2:

Kiss of the Dragon
Black Hawk Down
The Rock

great movies
Old 2010-06-08, 13:25   Link #99
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Prince of Persia: the sands of time delivers. And I'm happy.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 15:11   Link #100
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I think the character of MacCready, while played wonderfully by Nicholas Cage, was a huge mistep in its departure from the comics...which I will not reveal because the comics are so freaking good....
Really? I heart they are good, but I wasn't sure if they are still worth it after seeing the movie. Are there just minor differences plotwise?

Still, love to listen to the soundtrack
Shame the instrumentals from 'Sunshine' and '28 days later' weren't on it .. had to get those separately.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live-action, movie, movies