AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-20, 03:42   Link #101
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurena View Post
thanks for the chapter!!! this is a great break from exams and school. theres technically two chapters left cause ch18 on bakatsuki is like not good for reading?
It's really bad, you can go look at it and not worry about being spoiled because it is actually so badly written that you can't tell what's going on.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 05:38   Link #102
Used Can

Just one question, will Kiss-shot get some decent focus in the two remaining chapters?
For a story supposedly focused on her, it's featured a good amount of many other characters, especially Hanekawa, whereas Kiss-Shot has barely got any focus.
Old 2011-04-20, 12:07   Link #103
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
It's really bad, you can go look at it and not worry about being spoiled because it is actually so badly written that you can't tell what's going on.
It is times like this I wonder who is teaching English to our kids !
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 18:10   Link #104
Swigun
Ars Magica Translator

Mind if I translate the novel in Italian helping with your translation?
Old 2011-04-28, 23:14   Link #105
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
It is times like this I wonder who is teaching English to our kids !
This is why we can't have nice things.
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 11:02   Link #106
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Hey it turns out that karice67 who I assume is the same one who roams around this forum have translated the drama CD Hyakumonogatari a while ago.

She doesn't want any repost but it seem like links are fine so here is the link:
http://karice.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/p175/

As for the drama CD itself you can torrent it or buy it or anyway you like. Actually someone here should combine the translation and the drama CD by making videos where the translation are subs.
Old 2011-05-03, 18:28   Link #107
Romanticide

Which ones does Shinobu appear in (in the cd)?
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 19:52   Link #108
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Which ones does Shinobu appear in (in the cd)?
None, she does the title only.
Old 2011-05-04, 00:04   Link #109
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Hey it turns out that karice67 who I assume is the same one who roams around this forum have translated the drama CD Hyakumonogatari a while ago.

She doesn't want any repost but it seem like links are fine so here is the link:
http://karice.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/p175/

As for the drama CD itself you can torrent it or buy it or anyway you like. Actually someone here should combine the translation and the drama CD by making videos where the translation are subs.
*sweatdrops* ばれたか?
Yes, that's me...I was thinking about posting a link here, but was putting it off until I could get back into Bakemonogatari translation again (if that ever happens, anyway), because I'll probably need to revise it...

Er...I won't be making a sub myself (timing is way too much work!), though if anyone wants to, please let me know first

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 00:48   Link #110
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
*sweatdrops* ばれたか?
Yes, that's me...I was thinking about posting a link here, but was putting it off until I could get back into Bakemonogatari translation again (if that ever happens, anyway), because I'll probably need to revise it...

Er...I won't be making a sub myself (timing is way too much work!), though if anyone wants to, please let me know first
Sorry I'm Bats*** stupid, But whats the password for the drama CD?
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 01:13   Link #111
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

For those who've asked me to PM them the file...I'm sorry, I've really a lot of RL stuff to do at present (which is another reason I didn't post want to post the translation yet!). But if you still can't get it by the end of the month, I'll see if I can work something out.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-05-07, 03:03   Link #112
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
For those who've asked me to PM them the file...I'm sorry, I've really a lot of RL stuff to do at present (which is another reason I didn't post want to post the translation yet!). But if you still can't get it by the end of the month, I'll see if I can work something out.
Oh man I'm so sorry for doing this to you but I just thought that since you collected it together neatly and putted it on your blog I thought you were ready for the public to put their paws on it. I guess the animesuki crowd was bigger than expected.
Old 2011-05-07, 03:09   Link #113
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Oh man I'm so sorry for doing this to you but I just thought that since you collected it together neatly and putted it on your blog I thought you were ready for the public to put their paws on it. I guess the animesuki crowd was bigger than expected.
Don't worry about it. Hasn't been that many so far (I think most people have been able to get through the password)...but it's not working for a couple of people for some reason... orz

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-05-18, 10:30   Link #114
Otrebla

the password for karice's translation is case sensitive. try again guys, i just dl it and everything went smoothly
Otrebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 09:37   Link #115
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Holy crap I just had a revelation involving the translation of Kizumonogatari. For the past one and a half year of me being involved in the translation of this project there have always been one thing that have been bothering me. That particular thing was the translation of the word "眷属". I first translated it as "subordinate" back in the beginning because at the time it was the closest word I could think of that fit the meaning. However, just right now I realized what the actual translation should have been and it was......."familiar". I mean it is literally the perfect translation of it and it completely slipped my mind for the past one and a half year. So from now on everyone please disregard the word "subordinate" as the word for "vampire that is created by another vampire and directly serves that vampire".
Old 2011-05-21, 11:21   Link #116
Shikijin

Quote:
Holy crap I just had a revelation involving the translation of Kizumonogatari. For the past one and a half year of me being involved in the translation of this project there have always been one thing that have been bothering me. That particular thing was the translation of the word "眷属". I first translated it as "subordinate" back in the beginning because at the time it was the closest word I could think of that fit the meaning. However, just right now I realized what the actual translation should have been and it was......."familiar". I mean it is literally the perfect translation of it and it completely slipped my mind for the past one and a half year. So from now on everyone please disregard the word "subordinate" as the word for "vampire that is created by another vampire and directly serves that vampire".
Usually a "familiar" means a spirit that helps a witch, often taking animal form. I see that it may also mean a human that serves under a vampire, but still a human nonetheless (example). Araragi instead is a full-fledged vampire. I think 眷属 means member of a vampire clan, belonging to the same family line. The right word in English for this escapes me.

Trying to search it on google, I found things like 夜の眷属の王・ヴァンパイアの女王. I think I heard it in movies. Children of the night, sons of the night, spawns of the night. Spawn of the devil. Maybe "spawn" would be the most correct translation.

Vampire Spawn are undead creatures that come into being when vampires slay mortals. Like their creators, spawn remain bound to their coffins and to the soil of their graves. Vampire spawn appear much as they did in life, although their features are often hardened, with a predatory look. (from a D&D wiki. I didn't find better).
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 11:40   Link #117
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Usually a "familiar" means a spirit that helps a witch, often taking animal form. I see that it may also mean a human that serves under a vampire, but still a human nonetheless (example). Araragi instead is a full-fledged vampire. I think 眷属 means member of a vampire clan, belonging to the same family line. The right word in English for this escapes me.

Trying to search it on google, I found things like 夜の眷属の王・ヴァンパイアの女王. I think I heard it in movies. Children of the night, sons of the night, spawns of the night. Spawn of the devil. Maybe "spawn" would be the most correct translation.

Vampire Spawn are undead creatures that come into being when vampires slay mortals. Like their creators, spawn remain bound to their coffins and to the soil of their graves. Vampire spawn appear much as they did in life, although their features are often hardened, with a predatory look. (from a D&D wiki. I didn't find better).
Hmm....I see what you are trying to get at here. When I first tried to google it in Japanese it gave me "kin" but it made it sound like Kiss and Araragi were on the same level which they aren't. They have a master and servant relationship. When I tried it in Chinese it gave me "dependent" but it made it sound like Araragi needed Kiss in order to survive or something which isn't true. "Spawn" makes it sound like Araragi hatched from an alien egg. The reason why I said familiar is because its related to the monster genre. However, now that I think about it, it does relate more to the witch side of the genre. Hmm I think need to think more about this.
Old 2011-05-21, 17:45   Link #118
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Hmm I think need to think more about this.
subordinate is okay
Old 2011-05-22, 08:32   Link #119
Clarste
Human

Subordinate is definitely not okay when it's supposed to have magical implications. Familiar works for me.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 10:02   Link #120
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Subordinate is definitely not okay when it's supposed to have magical implications. Familiar works for me.
magical subordinate is still subordinate, no?

magical toilet will still be called toilet