AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 38 58.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 10.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-23, 04:10   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kami nomi/TWGOK II, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-05-23, 13:26   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Kaminomi II-VII - Ode to a Dream:
Old 2011-05-23, 16:07   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Loved this weeks episode. I already said Chihiro's was one of my favourite arcs, and that's especially because of it's ending. Helped that we had some very nice music placement for this whole episode.

& that scene at the end. :3
Old 2011-05-23, 16:21   Link #4
konart

I'm speechless. Chihiro was least interesting girl for me while reading manga, but Manglobe completely managed to make her shine.

I take my hat off to Manglobe this week(more like this month)
Old 2011-05-23, 16:28   Link #5
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I'm speechless. Chihiro was least interesting girl for me while reading manga, but Manglobe completely managed to make her shine.

I take my hat off to Manglobe this week(more like this month)
Agreed. I had the same experience.

In season 1 they really did an excellent job with Kanon and in season 2 it is with Chihiro.

Otskare!
Old 2011-05-23, 17:26   Link #6
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Normal is the best. However, I never did like the way Keima kissed her since it seemed so forced.
Old 2011-05-23, 17:37   Link #7
kitten320

Such a melancholic episode... somehow in manga it looked more cheerful
Old 2011-05-23, 18:57   Link #8
Texas84
よろしく

Absolutely amazing episode. The music and the scenery were stunning. I had a crappy weekend and this really cheered me up. And a South Park sighting!
Old 2011-05-23, 20:11   Link #9
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Man...Chihiro's arc was so much more melancholic than the manga, not that that's a bad thing. Great arc, and I love that last scene with Keima, pondering about reality and how even he is slowly starting to change.
Old 2011-05-23, 20:31   Link #10
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Overall the music combined with this arc being different than the usual method for Keima I have to give this episode a 10, it was really an enjoyable arc and Chihiro turned out to be a much more likable and interesting character than I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Great arc, and I love that last scene with Keima, pondering about reality and how even he is slowly starting to change.
Yea that scene was just great .

Also I lol'd hard at the way Keima ate the pork bun from Chihiro.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2011-05-24 at 00:23.
Old 2011-05-23, 20:49   Link #11
Echoes

Great episode. Played out a little differently that I anticipated, which is always great. It's wonderful to be wrong when you think you've got a show figured out.

As much as I like the show's structure, it was still nice to see the scenario played out a little differently this time. Keima was never this show's selling point to me, but in this arc he had a lot of great moments, not to mention funny lines and expressions abound.

I agree with what many of the earlier posters have pointed out about the music as well; it really stood out in this arc. (Though it's always solid in this show.)
Old 2011-05-23, 22:58   Link #12
Sumeragi
Banned

The anime's melancholic atmosphere was much better than the comical manga. 10/10 for me!
Old 2011-05-23, 23:09   Link #13
Clarste
Human

This was always one of my favorite arcs and this wasn't a bad interpretation of it. It's moments like these when you start to think that just maybe Keima's onto something, in terms of the keys to a successful life.

And then he does something stupid again.
Old 2011-05-24, 00:15   Link #14
tsunade666

awesome ending. The filler bits at the beginning showing the pace of chihiro before the capture and after the capture is also great. It shows Chihiro change after the event. She is more energetic and moving on to what she really wants.

The scene in the boat too was awesome. I really like the anime justify the story. And 3 episode for the arc is better. Not short and not too long.

There can only be perfect score for a perfect work.
Old 2011-05-24, 01:11   Link #15
Elestia

I had to change my shirt after seeing Chihiro make those faces to that stray cat. I Dunno why, but I just snorted and the tea I was drinking spilled everywhere.

Really enjoyed the scenes where they epitomize Chihiro's anxieties by showing her daily life, specifically in her own room.
Old 2011-05-24, 01:29   Link #16
judasmartel
*Author

Chihiro's arc is the best among all of the arcs I've ever seen so far. It took Keima a while to conquer her, he even had to help her conquer a man she doesn't even like that much, but it still turned out okay in the end. There is no woman the Capturing God cannot conquer after all.

If the changes in the previous characters based on VN tropes (athlete, tsundere, silent type, martial artist) aren't impressive enough, changes in a normal girl is even more impressive as we can see those happen in real life. Well, you know, a girl who's not confident about herself can turn into a girl who can do anything she wants to.

Chihiro epitomizes the everyday experiences of any girl, or in fact any person, who tries to fit in and make their place in the real world. Because for anyone who is confident enough, it doesn't matter what place he/she will have in this world, for he/she can be anything after all.

Be it an athlete, a singer, a novelist, or an MMA fighter, it doesn't matter, because you can be anyone else asides these. All it requires is an open mind and a positive attitude in life.

Looking forward into the next arc, and I believe it's even more difficult for Keima to conquer the next target. But now Keima has been successful in conquering a "background character" girl, the most difficult one so far, so at least it could become a little bit easier.

As Keima says, "All the previous girls have character. Chihiro hasn't." But later he realizes that a "real girl" has the most amount of character among all the VN tropes. Bottom line is, the "background character" type is so bad (for avid gamers like Keima) it's good (for everybody else). Obviously, VN creators don't do that type because "gamers will burn them to the ground" if they do so.
Old 2011-05-24, 02:32   Link #17
mtarzaim

A good closing chapter for Chihiro. Again, they followed the manga while adding some extra. BGM was great and adequately used. Animation and drawing top notch.

I felt they messed up a little the confrontation between Keima and Chihiro during the bench scene. In the manga, Chihiro seemed much more upset by Keima's lecture, finishing by a "Even if I'm serious, nothing happens! ".
In the anime, it felt like Chihiro was casualiy speaking, while in the manga, we could really feel she was honest for the first time.

This little detail aside, great episode. They didn't messed the promise scene at the end, Keima going Kami, and the last bit about him and the Real was a nice finishing touch (even if it lets the sentence unfinished... ).

Plus some Elsie glory (it's-a-me Elsie!).

Finally, we should get the report episode next time.

Old 2011-05-24, 02:46   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
I felt they messed up a little the confrontation between Keima and Chihiro during the bench scene. In the manga, Chihiro seemed much more upset by Keima's lecture, finishing by a "Even if I'm serious, nothing happens! ".
In the anime, it felt like Chihiro was casualiy speaking, while in the manga, we could really feel she was honest for the first time.
I wouldn't say messed up, more like a different approach to the scene, which in my opinion worked just as well.
Old 2011-05-24, 03:21   Link #19
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've finally caught up to this series, one of MANY that I have yet to do, and I agree with everyone who feels this season has been better thus far compared to S1 in terms of the storytelling. I forgot the name of the library girl in S1, but it was only that arc involving her drew my attention in a positive manner about this series. S2 has been very good all around consistently without missing a bit.

Yes, this was another very good episode.
Old 2011-05-24, 03:35   Link #20
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

It's been nipping at me, but does Elsie's flying sound sound a bit like Lum's from Urusei Yatsura?
Closed Thread