AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-15, 01:15   Link #1
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Looking for some violent mech anime/animation.

Doesn't even have to be Japanese, but I'm starving for violent mecha anime. I'm talking about stuff similar to 'Blue Gender' or even 'Burst Angel'-- even though that series underwhelms severely as it progresses. I've seen stuff like 'M.D. Geist' and 'Genocyber', so I'm not sure what else there is other than that. But like I said, even if there's mecha animation coming out from countries other than Japan and if they're pretty violent, recommend them here. I've seen 'Evangelion', I've seen some mildly bloody parts in 'Eureka Seven', but those shows don't really do it for me from the violent aspect. I'm on a hardcore gritty kick right now... been watching a lot of replays of 'RoboCop', 'District 9', 'The Fly', and 'The Thing' lately-- really starving for some similar grime in the mecha genre, but I have a feeling that will be very hard to come by.
Old 2011-08-15, 01:30   Link #2
NoLongerSane

I recommend watching Mazinkaiser SKL.
Old 2011-08-15, 01:45   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Have you seen Gundam Unicorn, Broken Blade, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Appleseed movies? Those are quite new and violent. There's occasional blood too. If you can stand Burst Angel, then you'll almost definitely happy with the above titles. Also, I don't have to recommend Ghost in the Shell (movies & series) to you, right?
Old 2011-08-15, 01:48   Link #4
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Have you seen Gundam Unicorn, Broken Blade, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Appleseed movies? Those are quite new and violent. There's occasional blood too. If you can stand Burst Angel, then you'll almost definitely happy with the above titles. Also, I don't have to recommend Ghost in the Shell (movies & series) to you, right?
Lol, thanks for reminding me of the Gundam and Broken Blade series. I second both of them.
Old 2011-08-15, 11:44   Link #5
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
None of those are violent or bloody-- not compared to the titles I listed in my original post-- and yes, I've seen all of those titles.

Quote:
I recommend watching Mazinkaiser SKL.
Seen it.
Old 2011-08-15, 16:03   Link #6
Niji

Innocent Venus has some pretty gritty scenes. Dont remember which epis, might be more towards the end. But it is only 12 epis anyway.

Last edited by Niji; 2011-08-15 at 16:36.
Old 2011-08-15, 16:58   Link #7
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niji View Post
Innocent Venus has some pretty gritty scenes. Dont remember which epis, might be more towards the end. But it is only 12 epis anyway.
Just checked out a couple trailers, this looks very promising. Thanks.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:16   Link #8
mecharobot

The Mazinkaiser OVA (not SKL) also had a bit of violence, especially the General of Darkness one. Shin Getter Robo should have some too.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:59   Link #9
Aqua Knight

Break Blade I third or whatever it.