AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-13, 23:33   Link #1
Sorairo Yugure

Send a message via AIM to Sorairo Yugure Send a message via MSN to Sorairo Yugure Send a message via Yahoo to Sorairo Yugure
Armored Core

This game has been out for a long while. Over the years, it has reveived low grades in the media as in the magazines and game owners alike. However, it has one a small group of fans that are loyal as they are scarse. I am one of these few. I love the game since I first played it six years ago. I know I was young but ever since the first time I switched on and picked up the controller I've become another fan boy. I love the game for several reasons, mainly because of; Concept, Controls, graphics, sound and design.

Foremost, I love the concept. I am a heavy mecha fan as I love all of the Gundam series and I enjoy playing mecha games. So Armored Core gives me a chance to quinch my thirst for giant bot action.

Next, controls. Over the years I've been use to the controls, which are so simple even a second grader mastered them. Its a rather fun game. The graphics are too great. With digitally mastered quailty videos and cut scenes the game is one of the best. The soundtrack is quite enjoyable with a light array of ambiant techno and dance music. Finnally the design. I love the designing of the game and its looks. Overall it's my favorite game of all time. So has anyone else played the game? Or even heard about it?
Sorairo Yugure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 23:40   Link #2
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I'm going to have to disagree on most of the points.

The highlights of this game by FAR are all in the customization.

The actual gameplay is very sluggish. If you want an example of a mech game with tight, tight controls and lightning-fast gameplay, go try Zone of the Enders 2.

The actual game engine for the PS2 is already several years old. Nothing's really been added to it at all, so I can't even say the graphics are decent.

With that said, Armored Core 4 looks badass.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 00:00   Link #3
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
I played (or rather, tried to play) the original ones on the Playstation (not PS2, sue me).

I rather call it the MechWarrior (having played 2, 3, 4) of PS <.< .
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 00:07   Link #4
Knightmare213

I just like to say that I'm also an Armored Core fan with the gritty parts design and its massive costumization. However, I can pretty much guess why this game was underrated because of its crappy story, and crappy acting (in my opinion).

However, with Armored Core 4 looking like "bad-ass", the game has my full expectation. Not only will it have a new kind of gameplay, while still sticking to its ten-year-old root, but with the graphics looking very impressive and with Sega as the publishing company, I'm buying this game along with PS3.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 00:17   Link #5
Lebron
I hear voices

I haven't played the series in a while. Can't member the last one I played. But w/e I'm getting the 360 version when it comes out in Spring. I know I will get ass owned all over Live. Doesn't matter though, I'm still going to be talking mess like I'm some kind of Kira Yamato God :P

However I wish that players who bought either the PS3 or 360 versions could play each other in online multiplayer. That would be awesome. But yea, I'm sure that will never happen
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 03:34   Link #6
ashMeio

The first games of each of my PS' were all AC...AC1, AC2 and now AC4.

Sorry Papaya, but AC on the ps2 has continued to change with each version, starting with OB, exceed orbits, inside parts, extension parts, heat damage, weapon dropping, left hand guns, and weight tuning. It's bascially like GT for mecha, whereas ZOE is like Outrun (which is still hella good and speedy). I actually wish AC was a little more flighty because ur right that AC can be sluggish sometimes, especially in open arenas where basically the buffest AC wins...luckily some of the new movies show it to be a teeny bit more aerial.
ashMeio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 13:53   Link #7
Omega Zero
God of Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Omega Zero
well . . . AC action is sluggish because it simulates how a real giant robot would do in real world, you know . . .

for all the weight that the robots have, they tend to be slower, and when they land from a jump, they will be "stuned" from the weight that gravity does on them.

so, you must have a strategy to win, just attacking won't do it.

haven't you guys used the "stun" from a jump to hit a grenade or a laser cannon on your foes?

AC simulates a "real combat" between mechas.
Omega Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 15:11   Link #8
Jaden

Best mecha games I've ever played!

and the only ones...
Old 2007-05-25, 18:31   Link #9
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
well . . . AC action is sluggish because it simulates how a real giant robot would do in real world, you know . . .

for all the weight that the robots have, they tend to be slower, and when they land from a jump, they will be "stuned" from the weight that gravity does on them.

so, you must have a strategy to win, just attacking won't do it.

haven't you guys used the "stun" from a jump to hit a grenade or a laser cannon on your foes?

AC simulates a "real combat" between mechas.
True. This reflects reality!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 19:46   Link #10
Omega Zero
God of Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Omega Zero
are you being ironic?

the typing communication have this flaw, you know . . .

so . . . i don't know if you are agreeing with me.
Omega Zero is offline   Reply With Quote