Old 2008-04-22, 00:13   Link #121
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

Shirow Masamune huh?

Gotta watch it now.
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 01:45   Link #122
vorpal83

Just watched the second ep, gotta say I'm not exactly sold. It's a lot less dark so far, something I've always like in Shirow's work and all them lil kids just add to the happy atmosphere :P Information overload in the first ep followed by a lot of boring background in the second. Gaping plot holes as wide a cow too, mostly about how the hell someone on his first trip into the Metal/Meta Real knows what he's doin, specially since he went in and basically said, "Oh, So THIS is what it looks like!"

The graphics are pretty, that's for sure, but some of the char designs are a little love it or hate it. Someone on the production crew's got a massive glasses + artificial girls fetish, when there shouldn't be a need for glasses. Then there's the thunder thighs paired with lolicon thing goin on.

Oh, the architecture's real nice, I like.

It'd better grab my attention real hard in the next 2 eps or I might not be able to keep watching, Shirow or no Shirow.
vorpal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 03:41   Link #123
skaarji

did someone understand what this "earth order" is?
Is it some kind of "group" of people named earth order or is it a "message" from the earth (since the other guy reply "I believe in that idea of yours")??
skaarji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 12:23   Link #124
Navel

Quote:
did someone understand what this "earth order" is?
More likely it's something to do with the human mind. They built the Meta-Real based on their knowledge of human thought processes. It looks like the Meta-Real works, so their current theory is valid. But that doesn't mean the theory is complete, that it explains every phenomenon that happens, or every thought process that happens. Think about Newton's mechanics - it's a theory that's very good at explaining gravity when applied to low mass bodies, but it's not so good when applied to large mass bodies, like planets. Newton's mechanics could not explain the planetary orbit Mercury has as it travels around the Sun. The "burning sea" is such a phenomenon their current theory on human thought processes does not explain. The characters are aware that the phenomenon happens, but they don't know what it is and what's causing it. In fact the old guy has been looking for an explanation ever since he awakened.

Maybe they are calling "the earth order" that unknown that their current theory does not explain. That part of how the human brain works that they don't know yet. They see its effects (the burning sea) but they don't know how it happens.

Real Drive so far looks much more anchored in psychology than Ghost Hound, the latter making the mistake of bringing the supernatural where it was not needed.

I'll make a guess on how the story will unfold: the main characters will make new discoveries on how the brain creates what we perceive as "the world around us" from the sensory inputs the brain is processing (just as Einstein came with a new theory that explains Mercury's orbit - the theory of relativity). This new theory suggests that the old theory, the one the Meta-Real was built on, was flawed. However, many people have abandoned their human bodies and organic brains and exist only as entities in the Meta-Real. The governing body of this new world tries to silence those who made the discovery (why assume blame when you can kill the messenger and pretend nothing happened). Conflict takes place.

Last edited by Navel; 2008-04-22 at 12:33.
Navel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 12:44   Link #125
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
wish he made more with tanks, but oh well, this one will do just as well.

love all masamune shows.
Old 2008-04-22, 15:55   Link #126
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

love all masamune shows.
Couldnt have said it better. I hear his name is attached to something and i have to watch it.
Old 2008-04-22, 20:16   Link #127
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep3:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-22 at 21:19.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 04:21   Link #128
Claes
Claes lover

Quote:
Insteadt of tank, they create waist. Big waist
I like the concept from eps 1. Looking forward for eps 2 sub
Old 2008-04-24, 09:59   Link #129
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Just finished ghost Hound and now this?I watched the first episode,and it is somewhat confusing with all those complicated dialogues.But i like the storyline.Pretty intriguing.This and a couple of animes like Himitsu really crack my brain
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 19:05   Link #130
Blue Nocturne

Despite being a huge Shirow fan, I'm still undecided on this. I know it's only been two eps so far, but I'mgetting a feeling that it won't be able to keep me interested.. which is what happened with Ghost Hound. Great animation by I.G. though.

Also, the opening is just... ugh.
Blue Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 19:21   Link #131
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Nocturne View Post
Also, the opening is just... ugh.
What's wrong with? Damn... and I can't stop playing it over and over again on my PC...

*waits for the single to come out*
Old 2008-04-25, 20:29   Link #132
Molenir

Music for this one isn't really that impressive. I don't keep repeating it over and over like I have been with To-Love Ru, Tower of Drauga, Chiko, and Kamen no Maid Guy. Those are just outstanding.

One of the things I'm liking about this show so far, is the characters. I like that the girls aren't the perfect body types that everyone expects. All 3 are a bit chunky, the one in particular. None of them are necessarily bad looking either. Somehow it makes them look a bit more natural to me. Definitely looking forward to more.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 01:29   Link #133
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Music for this one isn't really that impressive. I don't keep repeating it over and over like I have been with To-Love Ru, Tower of Drauga, Chiko, and Kamen no Maid Guy. Those are just outstanding.

One of the things I'm liking about this show so far, is the characters. I like that the girls aren't the perfect body types that everyone expects. All 3 are a bit chunky, the one in particular. None of them are necessarily bad looking either. Somehow it makes them look a bit more natural to me. Definitely looking forward to more.
what you talking about? The android looks perfect.

granted the little girl still got baby fat, but that's fine. kinda tired with the total knock out of all girls looking impossibly hot.
Old 2008-04-26, 01:55   Link #134
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
what you talking about? The android looks perfect.

granted the little girl still got baby fat, but that's fine. kinda tired with the total knock out of all girls looking impossibly hot.
I think that's just the character designer style several of the female characters had big curves.

Anyways I just the first two episodes it's alright but I don't know it wasn't what I was expecting but who knows maybe I'll improve like it did with Ghost Hound. Also not liking the uncessary fanservice in this series and the "you can do it!" teen girl ugh really hate those type of characters.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 02:00   Link #135
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Also not liking the uncessary fanservice in this series and the "you can do it!" teen girl ugh really hate those type of characters.
dunno if you are familiar with shirow's work, but the word

"unnecessary fanservice" does not exist in his vocabulary.

Old 2008-04-26, 02:17   Link #136
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
dunno if you are familiar with shirow's work, but the word

"unnecessary fanservice" does not exist in his vocabulary.
However, this doesn't look like the kind of fanservice Shirow usually does. Shirow's is a bit more... artistic, if the word allows it, or at least a tad more subtle (except for the orgy scenes in both GITS mangas). Fanservice in RD is the of the gratuitous kind you often find in harem or romance anime. Not that I'm complaining, though.

On the overall show, I think it's being very good till now. They're really blowing all the bucks with this series, that much is true. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the overall happy-go-lucky feeling the series has to it right now, which is a departure from Shirow's usual heavy and overwhelming cyberpunk style. The music reminds me of Jurassic Park or some sort of Hollywood blockbuster instead of proper anime music, but meh. I would've preferred Kanno-styled techno music, but it's rather fitting for the scenes for now.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 20:41   Link #137
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Haven't seen that many panty shots since Rosario...

As for the rest...Meh still feels like were in intro mode, so ill reserve any judgements for when the proper story gets rolling.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 03:35   Link #138
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't know, I love the fanservice. It's gratuitous, but somehow remains pretty cute and tasteful for me.

Also, what's up with the girls being HUUUUGEEEEE in this show? I mean, from top of their heads down to their feet. The guys are all normal or the stereotypically super-thin-chic, and the girls are just... HUGE.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 14:14   Link #139
ichobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I don't know, I love the fanservice. It's gratuitous, but somehow remains pretty cute and tasteful for me.

Also, what's up with the girls being HUUUUGEEEEE in this show? I mean, from top of their heads down to their feet. The guys are all normal or the stereotypically super-thin-chic, and the girls are just... HUGE.
Usual for the main artist doing this show. Remember Gigantic Formula?

By the way I don't know if this has been addressed but why the first 15 minutes of 2nd ep is almost a recap of 1st ep?
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 14:21   Link #140
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
By the way I don't know if this has been addressed but why the first 15 minutes of 2nd ep is almost a recap of 1st ep?
It's not a recap, it merely tells us more about how Minamo got to know Haru, which episode 1 had not told anything about. There's only like a minute or so of proper recap, and that is the scene at the dock.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
production i.g.