AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 16:22   Link #2821
UltimateClash

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
See my above posts regarding the immortals coming back to life very quickly. No one here has yet to address that point and it's a pretty damn strong point against him being alive.
So add it to the list!
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:23   Link #2822
BIG_STEVE808

Quote:
See my above posts regarding the immortals coming back to life very quickly. No one here has yet to address that point and it's a pretty damn strong point against him being alive.
You know, he could have just pretended to be dead for a while, like C.C back in episode 1.
BIG_STEVE808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:24   Link #2823
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
As long as Nunnally and people in general think he's dead, he's achieved his goal. Nunnally can no longer close her heart off from the world by taking refuge in her brother, and no one will distrust Zero or Britannia out of fear of Lelouch, the geass, or both.

all is well. ^_^
Ashlay, are you part of those who think lelouch is actually alive? ^^

If so, what are your thoughts about it?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:25   Link #2824
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_STEVE808 View Post
You know, he could have just pretended to be dead for a while, like C.C back in episode 1.
People tend to notice when you're breathing. He couldn't stop that, and his corpse would be around for a while unless Suzaku knew to dispose of it quickly.
Old 2008-09-28, 16:25   Link #2825
Kirarakim

I just don't understand if Lelouch was alive why not show it? Why leave it ambiguous? Do they want us to argue about it for all eternity? Okay don't answer that last one.

And for the record fans of Lelouch can still support the death theory. Lelouch is my favorite character in the series but I like the death scene because his story came full circle but he died happy knowing his wish for a better world for his loved ones came true. And as for C.C. I think she would also be happy knowing Lelouch got what he desired in the end.

But like I said earlier I am open to the possibility that Lelouch is alive. But if this is the case I don't think it was written well. Whereas his death scene was written very well.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:26   Link #2826
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
uh, remember turns 1 and 2? Lelouch must have been there for at least 10+ minutes, what between making all the soldiers kill themselves, checking C.C., convincing Villetta to get out of her knightmare, then geassing her, then getting into the KMF himself and driving off.

I mean, it can't that take that long for Jeremiah or any of Lelouch's slaves to grab Lelouch's body and run away, right? >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:27   Link #2827
lovecakecookies

I think this Alive or Dead thing will be cleared up eventually by the creators themselves..

I mean come on they have to release some sort of final statement or commentaries on the DVD... right now the ending is ambiguous and people can interpret the way they like I guess..

Unless the give us

"Its up to the fans interpretation" which is most likely..
Old 2008-09-28, 16:27   Link #2828
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_STEVE808 View Post
But Nunnally is holding on to him. It's pretty hard to pretend to be dead when someone is actually holding you. And it's Nunnally....magical, "I know when you are lying" Nunnally. If anyone would know he's "faking" it, it's her. And again, all those people around. I don't know....I'm just really skeptical. Damn Taniguchi for making C.C. have those controversial final lines to muck things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
uh, remember turns 1 and 2? Lelouch must have been there for at least 10+ minutes, what between making all the soldiers kill themselves, checking C.C., convincing Villetta to get out of her knightmare, then geassing her, then getting into the KMF himself and driving off.

I mean, it can't that take that long for Jeremiah or any of Lelouch's slaves to grab Lelouch's body and run away, right? >_>
Every time in R2 an immortal has been shown shot, stabbed, etc. they have recovered almost immediately. That scene in Season 1 seems to almost be a fluke more than anything else. I don't remember when he checked her....was that soon after she was shot? Because it is possible she was faking. I just think Lulu faking it in this situation would be a hell of a lot harder.
Old 2008-09-28, 16:29   Link #2829
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Unless the give us

"Its up to the fans interpretation" which is most likely..
Or they will give us some ambiguous infos that will make the ending even more ambiguous XD
Old 2008-09-28, 16:30   Link #2830
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
But Nunnally is holding on to him. It's pretty hard to pretend to be dead when someone is actually holding you. And it's Nunnally....magical, "I know when you are lying" Nunnally. If anyone would know he's "faking" it, it's her. And again, all those people around. I don't know....I'm just really skeptical. Damn Taniguchi for making C.C. have those controversial final lines to muck things up.
I think this is for the sake Sunrise does plans an OVA or a movie.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:32   Link #2831
Vito
Asshole.

Lelouch is dead, you're free to belive he's not, but from the solid facts the show gave us he's pretty much dead (and no, I'm not one of the Lelouch must die for his sins people). Apart from shipping him with C.C. I don't see any reason why one would want him to live after the current ending.

Also I think if he lived, his death scene would have lost on impact, it'd have been just another trick of his and he'd be deceiving people until the very end of the show. He made a noble sacrifice, he took one for the whole world.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:33   Link #2832
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Or they will give us some ambiguous infos that will make the ending even more ambiguous XD
Yeah I can see them saying something like Lelouch is always alive in your hearts.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:34   Link #2833
KrimzonStriker

Meh, and I think there are some ambiguities out there that speak for otherwise

And hey, like I said, does not take a way for Zero Requiem's meaning so long as people think he's dead, and I'd like to take up that freedom to interpret it differently since Sunrise gave us the opening
Old 2008-09-28, 16:34   Link #2834
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
I think this is for the sake Sunrise does plans an OVA or a movie.
They can do OAV or a movie if they want. The ending is ambiguous and nothing would really shock me about Lelouch
Old 2008-09-28, 16:40   Link #2835
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Every time in R2 an immortal has been shown shot, stabbed, etc. they have recovered almost immediately. That scene in Season 1 seems to almost be a fluke more than anything else. I don't remember when he checked her....was that soon after she was shot? Because it is possible she was faking. I just think Lulu faking it in this situation would be a hell of a lot harder.
A scene that goes against your interpretation is a fluke? You're being a bit selective with your evidence aren't you At least consider the possibility that we don't know enough about this. Also, this was Lulu's first death. Maybe the first time a Geass user dies and his Code activates, it takes longer.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:41   Link #2836
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
A scene that goes against your interpretation is a fluke? You're being a bit selective with your evidence aren't you At least consider the possibility that we don't know enough about this. Also, this was Lulu's first death. Maybe the first time a Geass user dies and his Code activates, it takes longer.
Assuming the same thing happened to Charles, it took him all of five minutes to wake up. So no.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:41   Link #2837
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Please, no.. that might happen too..

"he never died" or "he is alive if you want him to be" or the most common one

"he will always live on"
Old 2008-09-28, 16:44   Link #2838
kaefer_zwei
Devicer

wtf... f... messiah complex... you do know that's a psychological problem if your solutions involve suicide...

couldn't he have just faked the death... Im sure there's a thousand ways to that...
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:45   Link #2839
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero

Send a message via MSN to leechbox
Don't you all understand?

Lelouch made it to everyone that he was dead, but what happened to his body? He just fled with C.C.

Either that, or actually he died.

// in my p.o.v. i think hes the guy on the horse scene with c.c.

It doesn't matter anyways, because he got what he wanted. He wanted everyone to have peace, and to have all his loved ones enjoyment. Clearly that was goaled, and i surely think hes alive because what is his point of death.

Anyways, the series is clearly over though (Sadly), but there might be some extra footage on the dvd release or even a movie, but who knows...
leechbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 16:46   Link #2840
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Ashlay, are you part of those who think lelouch is actually alive? ^^

If so, what are your thoughts about it?
More or less what Krimson said. If the writers are going to make the ending purposefully ambiguous, I have no problem taking them up on the offer and interpreting the details as I see fit.

I understand a lot of people don't feel comfortable with that, that they need an "official" ending from the creators...I mean I used to feel that way often too. But at this point in my anime viewing hobby, again, If they're going to introduce ambiguity with the last line in the show, and also introduce details that allow me to easily construct an explanation for said ambiguous last line that involves Lelouch living, then I'll do just that, because that's my personal preference. I choose to make my viewing experience as fulfilling and entertaining as possible when given the option by the show itself. (And you know what? I'm thrilled, since for me this was like the end of episode 21 all over again, insofar as that immortal Lelouch x C.C. end has always been one of those insane fanboy dreams that's been sitting at the back of my head, just like Lelouch becomes god Emperor, and Lelouch and Suzaku team up. And they did it)

Of course I'm not trying to force that view of the ending on anyone else, since an ending like this is all about personal interpretation. Those just happen to be my thoughts on the matter.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote