AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-13, 14:48   Link #1
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Syosetsuka ni Narou Discussion Thread

http://syosetu.com/

"Syosetsuka ni narou" (小説家になろう) or translated as "Let's become a novelist" is a web-novel posting site. With some publishing light novel companies printed several titles, I think this site need to be recognized more. Who knows? you might find any interesting title here and then find that its adapted into other media (Hopefully). Some titles from this site that has been published: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Log Horizon, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Next Life, Mushoku Tensei -Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu, Re: Zero Kara Hajimaru Isekai Seikatsu, Nee-chan wa Chuunibyou!, etc etc

This thread is for discussing several other titles that doesn't have their specific thread. Feel free to discuss, suggest, introduce, or talk anything else about Syosetsuka here.

As a start, I'll introduce one title which is quite new and I really loved this one

Original Title: モンスターのご主人様
Romaji: Monster no Goshujin-sama
Alternative Title: Master of Monster
Author: Chocola Mint (ショコラ・ミント)
Link: Here

Quote:
Majima Takahiro didn't know if he is lucky or unlucky. Suddenly transported to a forest, he and the other students and teachers are soon attacked by a dragon. He is pushed back by the masses and falls down. When he was about to accept his death, one student managed to kill that dragon with one attack, and he is saved, thanks to luck. Students and Teachers start to gather and to survive in what they perceived as another world, they decided to work together and make a settlement there. They called themselves as "Colony". The colony are divided into 2 group: Exploration Group (around 300) who possessed "Cheat Ability" and Resident Group who didn't (around 700). Unluckily, Takahiro are one of the latter. One weeks had passed, and the Exploration Group decided to start an expedition with mission: to find a way out from the forest and meets with resident of that world. But unlucky tragedy happened, as soon as half of Exploration Grop depart, several members of "Exploration Group" who stays behind, start a coup d'etat and as a result, annihilated the only place they can live in. That day, the Colony is gone, a violent fight occured between 2 parties, and the "Resident Group", who didn't possessed any power to fight, are forced to run. The tragedy didn't stop, victim of the uproar started to appear between "Resident Group" and some of them started to assault the others, Takahiro are one who is attacked, by his own classmates. He falls to the ground, and by luck, didn't get killed. He then run and loiter in the forest for 3 days, before he finally found a cave in the morning to shelter himself. His body injured and fatigued from stress and hunger, his mind wounded, which started to hollow from sense of powerlessness and being betrayed, he then realized: that human being are just trash, he can never and ever believe humans. In that state, a monster approached him, a slime... closing on his hand, the slime attempted to swallow him. Finally realizing that his luck may have just run out, he squeeze out his feelings, "......Someone, please help me"

This is the story of a fantasy, of a human, and his "family", finding the light of love and trust even if the light was surrounded by the darkness of human hearts.
Another Tenshou, I wonder why this theme of "transported to another world" is so popular? I also wonder why some titles have similar setting? but I don't care about it anymore, as long as the story good, I'm in! To me, reading a story is like eating a cake (I love cake~ ) as long as it's delicious, the topping doesn't really matter be it tenshou, tensei, or Isekai

Why do I like this title? Fantasy is a man romance they say, and then the theme about human hearts, and then the Heroines are just cute~~

My search keywords usually are: fantasy, ongoing, arranging from title with the most evaluation or arranging from title with the most unique users.

EDIT:
Spoiler for translation for easier narou page navigation:

Last edited by amatsunagi; 2014-07-04 at 14:29. Reason: To Moderator
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 14:57   Link #2
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

The MC seems to be really weak from the synopsis. Being a chuu2 lover, will I enjoy this?
Old 2014-02-13, 15:03   Link #3
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Psychological and Slice of life should be the tags of this title, protagonist power is to "communicate with certain monsters". This title is not really that chuu2 but it still has some action. Kouen like Chuu2 story with very strong protagonist right? wait a sec, there are several titles that might be your cup of tea~
Old 2014-02-13, 15:14   Link #4
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Psychological and Slice of life should be the tags of this title, protagonist power is to "communicate with certain monsters". This title is not really that chuu2 but it still has some action. Kouen like Chuu2 story with very strong protagonist right? wait a sec, there are several titles that might be your cup of tea~
Ah. So he had a power to begin with. He just didn't realize it.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 15:28   Link #5
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-13, 15:31   Link #6
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler:
So he lost his faith in humanity and now he only trusts monsters? Usually, it's some harem member that gets this sort of ability. Interesting.
Old 2014-02-13, 15:53   Link #7
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Spoiler:

Second title that I recommend to read.

Original Title: ありふれた職業で世界最強
Romaji: Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
Alternative Title: From Common Job Class to the Strongest in the World
Author: Chuuni Suki (厨二好き)

Quote:
Among the class that was transported to another world, Nagumo Hajime is an ordinary male student who doesn't have ambition nor aspiration in life, called by his classmates as "Incompetent". The class is summoned to become heroes and save a country from destruction, students of these class are blessed with cheat specs and cool job class, but that's not the case with Hajime, his job class is a "Synergist" and his stats are very normal (mediocre). "Synergist", to put it in another word is just artisan class. Being the weakest, he then falls to the depth of the abyss when he and his classmates are exploring a dungeon. What did he find in the depth of the abyss and can he survive?
This is my most favorite title that I really liked right now (with Monster no Goshujin-sama as the second). Lots of templates, but it didn't reduce the enjoyment of reading this!

Last edited by amatsunagi; 2014-02-19 at 01:07.
Old 2014-02-13, 16:30   Link #8
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Third Title!

Spoiler for Cover Illustration:

Original Title: この世界がゲームだと俺だけが知っている
Romaji: Kono Sekai ga Game dato Ore dake ga Shitteiru
Alternative Title: Only Me who know this world is a game
Author: Usubaa (ウスバー)
Illustrator: Ichizen (イチゼン)
Publisher: Enterbrain

Quote:
[New Communication Online] (AKA Nekomimi Neko Offline) is a popular virtual reality game known to be fully-loaded with bugs. Sagara Souma who is a fan of this game, is thrown inside the game thanks to a mysterious tools activated by his sulky cousin. Surprised at first, but that's the world of game he know. This is the story of Souma who uses the world bugs against it's inhabitants and gaining fame for himself.
Comedy fantasy story. The idea is unique, and it's quite funny, I laughed quite a lot when I read this.

Last edited by amatsunagi; 2014-02-19 at 01:07.
Old 2014-02-13, 17:00   Link #9
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Wait, Amacchi, create new threads for those, for they deserve it.
Old 2014-02-13, 17:13   Link #10
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

fue~ which one??
Old 2014-02-13, 17:49   Link #11
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Traveling to another world is popular these days, isn't it?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 17:54   Link #12
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

It's the most popular setting to be used in Narou. I guess writing those kinds of story are easy compared to making renai stories.
Old 2014-02-13, 18:00   Link #13
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
fue~ which one??
Both of the other two titles.
Old 2014-02-13, 18:00   Link #14
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
It's the most popular setting to be used in Narou. I guess writing those kinds of story are easy compared to making renai stories.
Yet, most of them are harem too it seems.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 18:05   Link #15
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Both of the other two titles.
Roger that~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Yet, most of them are harem too it seems.
Yeah, it's author fantasies~ but I also like it so no problem there~
Old 2014-02-13, 22:28   Link #16
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Ama-san in full trottel...!!
TYVM..!!
Old 2014-02-18, 17:20   Link #17
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Fourth Title!

Original Title: 邪悪にして悪辣なる地下帝国物語
Romaji: Jaakunishite Akuratsunaru Chika Teikoku Monogatari
Alternative Title: The Tales of Wickedly Vicious Underground Empire
Author: Haamitto (はーみっと)
Illustrator: Unknown (???)
Publisher: Alphapolis

Quote:
It's 5 years after the falls of Magic Empire.
The Holy Kingdom who leads the Union of several countries, While restraining the other powers, neglected to keep peace. The people of Holy Kingdom dreams of perpetual peace, with the wealth taken from Magic Kingdom, buying all slaves from minor powers, pillaging and indulging themselves with the territory they snatch. However...
Unknown to them, there are forces that moves behind the darkness.

These people, are memento from the dead Empire.
The prince and princess of the long gone empire, a siblings.

Harva, the princess, is a weak but lovely and energetic little girl
Alarc, the prince, is a handsome young man with beautiful kind smile.

"That day, is the unforgettable day for us right? brother!"
"Yeah"

The siblings escaped that day, the day when their loved country turns into land of nightmare, the day when the white sacred walls turn intos crimson walls of blood and fire, and the day when they lost everything. The siblings trained themselves, enduring pain, sadness, losing soul and sanity, selling their soul to the darkness and evils, and know... losing their former self, they create the foundation of what would be their last and dearest wish...

""To grant our wish (revenge)..., ---we create the, wickedly vicious Underground Empire""

....thus, start the dark tale of revenge and retribution.
Okay, you might have realized from the synopsis that this title is different from what I have introduced before, but I'll say it anyway: this title is dark, so beware. In short, this is about siblings who sold their soul for revenge: the sister became sadistic and vengeful, the brother became cold and emotionless. These siblings create a dungeon, gathering monster, killing any intruders to train the monster they gathered, capturing the useful ones to work for them, and then raise them into army to defeat the enemy and bring upon them retribution. Alphapolis is going to publish this, and set to be released february (or maybe march?), illustrator is still unknown.

Last edited by amatsunagi; 2014-02-19 at 01:08.
Old 2014-02-18, 17:34   Link #18
bludvein

I have to ask before I check it out, but this isn't an incest title is it?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 17:43   Link #19
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I have to ask before I check it out, but this isn't an incest title is it?
AFAIk, no. You don't like incest bludvein?
By the way, this is another harem.
Old 2014-02-18, 17:49   Link #20
BW95
Banned

Quote:
AFAIk, no. You don't like incest bludvein?
By the way, this is another harem.
So the prince is the main character?

Tags
web novel