AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-08, 08:02   Link #841
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
I know, but let's drop that. People will neg-rep me again.
As for Hime being most beautifully drawn, she is very easy to forget and her design is not unique at all. She is a typical stereotype. Not to mention Nel, Rukia and Matsumoto whose faces aren't less beautiful at all.
Her boobs are too big for her age and unrealistic...
I still like her appereance very much. She's nothing special though. Boys drool over her for obvious hormonal reasons but boobs don't make Orihime..People can drool over Halibel, Neliel, Matsumoto
Not true, my first girlfriend when I was 14, she had D cup boobies with a nice figure, and she was Chinese. Are you going to tell her, her proportions are unrealistic for her age?

Orihime isn't a typical stereotype. Most anime female leads are cute with petite features. Her nice girl personality though was once typical, but the Tsundere type is quickly overshadowing that type. Also,Orihime is more complex then the typical nice girl as well.
Old 2008-09-08, 08:14   Link #842
Ichigo&Rukia

I was talking about Orihime's appereance not personality.
She goes beyond big breasts and long hair for sure. But her APPEREANCE is not really special.
As for boobs, maybe I'm not right about the age but about them looking unrealistic, I still think so.
Old 2008-09-08, 08:17   Link #843
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

People come in all shapes and sizes. No one is in the right to say what a person can and cannot look like.
Old 2008-09-08, 08:22   Link #844
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
People come in all shapes and sizes. No one is in the right to say what a person can and cannot look like.
I know that well enough. I just don't like her boobs. I didn't say anything like "omg she CAN'T look like this, someone shoot her" It's just that she is beautiful but her appereance is not unique.
Old 2008-09-08, 09:37   Link #845
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

all this talk about bewbs...::goes to browse the image thread::

edit: my eyes are bleeding from the pollution of Yaoi...

so...to the topic at hand, I will agree that her boobs are big for her age, but they certainly aren't unrealistic, now if we go into Eiken class boobs...

Spoiler:

I'm in full agreement
Old 2008-09-08, 11:31   Link #846
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
I know that well enough. I just don't like her boobs. I didn't say anything like "omg she CAN'T look like this, someone shoot her" It's just that she is beautiful but her appereance is not unique.
Perhaps, but when you combine her personality and appearance you do get something unique. Otherwise you wouldn't see so many Orihime knights roaming about defending their princess.
Old 2008-09-08, 13:12   Link #847
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Perhaps, but when you combine her personality and appearance you do get something unique. Otherwise you wouldn't see so many Orihime knights roaming about defending their princess.
That's what she used to be.
Now she is absolutely boring.
However, I do see very often a girl being protected by the hero she has a crush on.
Orihime is not unique because she protected Tatsuki. Even if that's the Orihime I loved before(way before), it will be shame if that didn't happen and if she acted the way she acta around Kurosaki-kun.
Old 2008-09-08, 15:14   Link #848
Casshern

Since were on the topic of tits, it appears Kubo is only aware of three breast sizes: flat, supersized and "you gotta be kidding me". Especially Rangiku and Isane Kotetsu's proportions are just...
Old 2008-09-08, 16:10   Link #849
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

typical Japanese men, bewbs on the brain, not enough booty!
Old 2008-09-08, 16:40   Link #850
Scarlett_Rain55

Orihime is beautiful! She always gets 2nd place in the most hottest female Bleach polls! I noticed that a lot of japanese woman don't like her because they make them feel inferior! HAR HAR HAR!
Old 2008-09-08, 16:53   Link #851
ArtCp

This thread should be renamed to "What's with all this Orihime love?" considering the disgusting amount of votes in favor of that horrible character.
Old 2008-09-08, 16:58   Link #852
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
Orihime is beautiful! She always gets 2nd place in the most hottest female Bleach polls! I noticed that a lot of japanese woman don't like her because they make them feel inferior! HAR HAR HAR!
Oh? Who is number 1?
Old 2008-09-08, 16:58   Link #853
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

there's jobs on both sides of the coin, supporters/haters
Old 2008-09-08, 17:18   Link #854
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55
I noticed that a lot of japanese woman don't like her because they make them feel inferior! HAR HAR HAR!
How does Orihime make them feel inferior? Breast size? And therefore how does bigger breast size equate with superiority or inferiority for women?

Also, what qualifies you to tell us what those Japanese woman girls were thinking?

Please answer. I would like to be amused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Since were on the topic of tits, it appears Kubo is only aware of three breast sizes: flat, supersized and "you gotta be kidding me".
As with all other shonen mangakas.

Once he draws only girls who make us ponder: " How does gravity support these babies? and where can I find them", then we'll know he has the makings of a genuine hentai artist
Old 2008-09-08, 18:34   Link #855
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
Once he draws only girls who make us ponder: " How does gravity support these babies?
Holy Billy-riding-the goat...., Of course! Why didn't I think of it!!? *baka baka*

That's a brilliant observation! Now I've finally understood why Kubo got rid of the universal gravitational constant from his story all of a sudden in the middle of the series. If the ladies don't have to worry about gravity, their bumpy parts can be at any measurement without worrying about the constant gravitational pull. This Kubo, he is a sheer genius.

Thank you, NV, for helping me solve another mystery in Kubo's story.
Old 2008-09-08, 18:37   Link #856
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
First of all, what.

Women don't like her because she makes them feel inferior? Why? How? Am I wrong in thinking you totally made this up? Why anyone would be jealous of a fifteen-year-old manga girl with boobs the size of basketballs (which are quite unrealistic given the size of the rest of her body) is beyond me. She's pretty, sure, but she isn't real. So I'm a bit curious as to how she could make any sane woman feel "inferior"; it seems ridiculous and unbelievable. Besides that, looks aren't exactly everything, you know. Just because a woman's hot (fictional or otherwise) is no reason for another woman to feel inferior. I really hope you were joking.

Excuse me while I laugh myself silly.

Last edited by blue skies; 2008-09-08 at 19:39. Reason: additonal bitching
Old 2008-09-08, 19:45   Link #857
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I would like to think the HAR HAR HAR! at the end was some sort of sarcasm
Old 2008-09-08, 20:15   Link #858
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
First of all, what.

Women don't like her because she makes them feel inferior? Why? How? Am I wrong in thinking you totally made this up? Why anyone would be jealous of a fifteen-year-old manga girl with boobs the size of basketballs (which are quite unrealistic given the size of the rest of her body) is beyond me. She's pretty, sure, but she isn't real. So I'm a bit curious as to how she could make any sane woman feel "inferior"; it seems ridiculous and unbelievable. Besides that, looks aren't exactly everything, you know. Just because a woman's hot (fictional or otherwise) is no reason for another woman to feel inferior. I really hope you were joking.

Excuse me while I laugh myself silly.
Now don't kill me for saying this, but I think he's going by the fact that many women do compare themselves to other women. Like the heckling and obvious jealousy that you see on a daily basis in school or in a social event. And the whole comparison to the super sexy models in magazines where females starve themselves to near death to try and have a figure like them.

Of course its not true for all women, but it is highly common.
Old 2008-09-08, 21:09   Link #859
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
I would like to think the HAR HAR HAR! at the end was some sort of sarcasm
I hope so too, but you just never know xD. Things like that always bring out my inner bitch, whether they're serious or just being silly.

Quote:
Now don't kill me for saying this, but I think he's going by the fact that many women do compare themselves to other women. Like the heckling and obvious jealousy that you see on a daily basis in school or in a social event. And the whole comparison to the super sexy models in magazines where females starve themselves to near death to try and have a figure like them.

URGH, don't get me started on that. I just don't understand the alleged feelings of inferiority over Orihime because she is a fictional character, she doesn't even exist, and it seems amazingly stupid that any woman would compare herself to a made-up, unrealistically proportioned manga character and feel inadequate because her hair isn't as glossy or her waist isn't as small or her eyes and breasts aren't as ginormous as they should be. A manga/anime character doesn't always have a wholly natural appearance; they're idealized and glorified. Then again, I suppose it's not really a whole lot different; the overwhelming majority of women you see in magazines and even on television or in movies are not presented in a realistic fashion. A lot of supermodels don't even look like real women, and everything can be airbrushed and fixed up so easily... women should just learn to be happy with themselves the way they are. What's in magazines is not real.

Oh hell, I've gone off-topic.

To contribute something (maybe):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox
it would be so awesome if Orihime pulled a"School Days" psyco mode and tries to kill Rukia with her powers XD
lmao, that would make things interesting. But I seriously doubt it'll happen, and in truth I don't want it to. They're such good friends, I don't think Kubo would ruin their relationship over something stupid like Ichigo. He's so not worth it. I'd love to see Rukia and Orihime kick some Espada behind together sometime soon.
Old 2008-09-08, 21:26   Link #860
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:

Uh, as blue skies said above, she is a fictional character. Like, I'd see more reason to be jealous over supermodels over some manga character because they are 'real' in a sense (like, they are PS'ed etc., but they are real people xD). IMO, I like to eat as much as I like, get fat, then like...kill myself in PE.

My dislike for Orihime comes from disappointment. Her powers are like...Suzumiya Haruhi's (which is awesome, haha), but she lacks the mental power to use them. I've waited for her to be stronger, and the only thing that had me go "GO ORIHIME~~~" was the time she bitch slapped Ulquiorra. Now that was win.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread