Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-05, 21:27   Link #181
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Anyone knows the premier date for the theatrical release of Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ?
Comes out in August 2006. It looks really good ~

And I'm excited because according to magazines, in the movie we get to see...

Spoiler for character appearances:
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 11:32   Link #182
ppiglette

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Comes out in August 2006. It looks really good ~

And I'm excited because according to magazines, in the movie we get to see...

Spoiler for character appearances:
Omg. Its been awhile since I've dropped this series( from my watching list). Then suddenly I go back and theres up to episode 14 . plus a movie is coming out? The trailer looks fantastic, sounds and animation are awesome.

Thanks domino for updated info
ppiglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 12:45   Link #183
domino
デレデレ

gasp!! C1 subbed another episode!!

Thank you, C1, so much. You made my day. I had lost all hope on seeing this show 100% subbed (or licensed), so thank you so much!

Oh, and more random news: there will be a PS2 video game based on the Harukanaru movie.
Old 2006-08-18, 20:07   Link #184
Biswa

Hi, i'm new to this show, so please forgive my rude, out of place, and newbish question. This has probably been answered but i have NO idea what word i can search for to figure out the answer.

How exactly does the format of this show work? Is each arc completely separate, so that each arc can be considered an "alternate universe" where all the characters are the same? Or is each arc directly connected in plot? Does this also mean that there will be no continuation of the first arc (the ogre spirited away arc?) hahaha sorry, and thank you.
Biswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 20:21   Link #185
Sakuya
*Artist

Uh, each episode (in the TV series Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyoushou~) is continuous and you start from episode 1. There are no arcs and each episode aren't really stand-alone if that's what you meant.

If you were talking about the 2 OVAs that came before this TV series... I've only watched the Ajisai OVA and I'd say that takes place around the middle of the TV series. I cannot find anything about the other OVA. As for the upcoming movie, I'd probably say somewhere in the middle or after the TV series.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 20:25   Link #186
Biswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Uh, each episode (in the TV series Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyoushou~) is continuous and you start from episode 1. There are no arcs and each episode aren't really stand-alone if that's what you meant.

If you were talking about the 2 OVAs that came before this TV series... I've only watched the Ajisai OVA and I'd say that takes place around the middle of the TV series. I cannot find anything about the other OVA. As for the upcoming movie, I'd probably say somewhere in the middle or after the TV series.
BAHAHAHA i'm sooo sorry, This is the wrong show! I totally clicked on the wrong frickin link! Hahahah sorry i didn't notice at all. Thanks for replying though.
Biswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 20:26   Link #187
Sakuya
*Artist

Ok, now I just feel stupid. Nah nah, it happens.

Edit:
The movie's character designs are to die for. They're so gorgeous! And is it just me or is the second OVA incredibly rare. I cannot find any screenshots of it, let alone fansubs. Nor pictures....

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-08-19 at 01:52.
Old 2006-08-19, 01:56   Link #188
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It's been a short while since I watched an episode of Harukanaru, and how I did miss it.

The anime continues to impress me with its cinematographic style and signature Shinto mytho microuniverse.

Eerie, surreal nights that invites akuma lore of every kind; stylized, far eastern settings of Kyou; wide, far away, and close camera shots preceded or accompanied by long pauses of silence.

Just imagine how beautiful the upcoming movie will sound and look like with all those cinema effects enhanced three times.

The music soundtrack solemn and serene. Flute and string music cast a soothing effect that's irresistible for me, and I loved that quality aspect from Far Eastern music songs.

The episode made me cry and sob to make me feel empathy for the Oni.

This is the magic of Harukanaru that it presents you not only with 3-dimensional protagonists, but also 3-dimensional antagonists too. During the folding of each episode or particular episodes alloted to them we are allowed to be immersed in their frustrations, desires, inner conflicts, and their dark history which brings them shame.

I'm starting to speculate, given that Shimon possess similar traits on his physique like the Onis but are considered unnatural by the citizens of Kyou, that the Oni are distant descendants from foreigners who came from a faraway continent, a land beyond to the West.
Those people might have drifted away during an ocean trip and ended in the far East, stranded and unable to return home. With the time they eventually settled and got used to the environment.
When them and the local humans unexpectedly met, the outcome did not turn favorable. It's likely they were hunted and persecuted right away due to the fear the locals felt from them because found their physical traits unknown and unnatural.
Eventually, the local people drove them off and establish the current city of Kyou seen in the story. The outcasts swore vengeance with a vengeful grudge against their enemies. Those outcasts denounced their own humanity and started delving into the mystic arts, learning the language and religion practiced by their enemies but perverting it in the process.
And sooner those outcasts became known to the townfolks as Oni.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 02:03   Link #189
Sakuya
*Artist

I forgot since it's been a long time since the last episode but...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-19, 09:15   Link #190
EmptySoul
C1Anime

Quote:

Spoiler:
I think that's why they're searching for those things. I can't remember the name of it... But all of the hachiyou are searching in pairs of two. Gah... it's been so long I really don't remember what happened to Ran. @_@
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 15:40   Link #191
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySoul
I think that's why they're searching for those things. I can't remember the name of it... But all of the hachiyou are searching in pairs of two. Gah... it's been so long I really don't remember what happened to Ran. @_@
They're searching for the Seals? I don't even remember what they are.
Old 2006-08-19, 21:38   Link #192
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

An announcement for those who don't know about the film.

The movie has premiered today in Japan.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 02:53   Link #193
domino
デレデレ

Website has opened for the new video game based on the Maihitoyo movie.

You can view a trailer here on the game's website. They also have a story overview and character section open.

New outfits, pretty CGs, and every time the new character opens his mouth, all I can think of is Cloud Strife..
Old 2006-08-20, 05:33   Link #194
miaka

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for about ran memory:

with regard to oav 2.... i've only seen it in chinese sub in rmvb format. its totally unrelated to harutoki- tv series.
some screen shot inside spoiler tag
Spoiler for op sequence:

Spoiler for screenshot oav2:

with regard movie--- i am craving for its music.

Last edited by miaka; 2006-08-20 at 11:38.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 13:40   Link #195
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka
Spoiler for about ran memory:

with regard to oav 2.... i've only seen it in chinese sub in rmvb format. its totally unrelated to harutoki- tv series.
some screen shot inside spoiler tag
Spoiler for op sequence:

Spoiler for screenshot oav2:

with regard movie--- i am craving for its music.
Each Harukanaru game sequel is based on re-incarnations of past characters, so while that OVA is unrelated to the TV series (and first OVA), it is slightly connected to the series (even has the same villains) since it's the same format and based on the characters from the game "Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 2" (the 2nd reincarnations). In my opinion, Haruka2 is terrible and has bad character designs. ~_~ They just took all of the old designs and made them look worse.

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3, however, is AWESOME and has GREAT character designs (no more whiny weak priestess! she has a SWORD!). I hope it gets animated some day (but with Haruka3's popularity, I have a feeling it will happen some day).

Nice screenshots though~ ^^
Old 2006-08-20, 13:47   Link #196
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3, however, is AWESOME and has GREAT character designs (no more whiny weak priestess! she has a SWORD!). I hope it gets animated some day (but with Haruka3's popularity, I have a feeling it will happen some day).
Thanks for the screenshots! The animation don't look as impressive as the other OVA though.

As for HaruToki 3, yes, it does look awesome! I actually saw an artbook with some images of the priestess but I did not think it was from HaruToki! I love this design the best (for the priestess) since she looks nothing like the original Akane. However, the reincarnation of Tenma (?) bothers me, the ponytail...

Does HaruToki games have ero content in it? I'd love to play it if it doesn't but nobody is translating it.
Old 2006-08-20, 18:43   Link #197
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Thanks for the screenshots! The animation don't look as impressive as the other OVA though.

As for HaruToki 3, yes, it does look awesome! I actually saw an artbook with some images of the priestess but I did not think it was from HaruToki! I love this design the best (for the priestess) since she looks nothing like the original Akane. However, the reincarnation of Tenma (?) bothers me, the ponytail...

Does HaruToki games have ero content in it? I'd love to play it if it doesn't but nobody is translating it.
None of the HaruToki games have any ero content. ALL of the games are fine for all ages. ^^ And it's got RPG-style battles so it's more interesting than most love games~

It would take a miracle for it to ever be in English.... the games are very very Japanese and its setting and speech would make it quite difficult to translate. And in the games, the text boxes are written vertically across the right side of the screen instead of the usual bottom-of-screen text box in games, so chances of it being translated into English would be like .0001% =_= Cause even if the text was translated, there's nowhere to put it.... unless you can read English vertically.....
Old 2006-08-20, 19:11   Link #198
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
And in the games, the text boxes are written vertically across the right side of the screen instead of the usual bottom-of-screen text box in games
Oh so they're written in poetry form like the poems at the end of each episode. That's really cool and really Japanese-y. I've never heard of any game being done that way.
Old 2006-08-23, 01:15   Link #199
domino
デレデレ

First C1 comes back to subbing this series after one year, and now Aoi-Anime is continuing too? I'm so happy!

Thank you, both groups, for not giving up on this 2-year-old show!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone will sub the movie when it hits DVD...!
Old 2006-08-23, 01:19   Link #200
Sakuya
*Artist

Maybe they're impressed with the movie and want to sub it but they must finish subbing the TV series first so they're motivated again. Oh well, either way I'm happy too!

Although, I'm not sure if it's just me but the TV series seems to be lacking lately. The animation is only decent and nothing really interesting happens to the Ryuujin no Miko either.

Spoiler:

Anyone know what song it is that plays in the movie's trailer? I'm in love with it now.