Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-10, 20:04   Link #61
salamando
Fire Elemental

Send a message via MSN to salamando
Quote:
Neji kick Lee's ass?
Yeah. I have seen it before in the anime aswell. One of Lees goals were to defeeat Neji. When he figths Gaara, I think it is before he opens the gates or when he does his last lotus attack, he mentions that it was a special technique he had saved to defeat Neji.
salamando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 20:35   Link #62
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
I've gotta say that this was a nice episode to watch. Sure they spent a lot of time concerning Lee but that's not a bad thing. It's good that they are fleshing out the characters of these characters. Now was it my imagination or during one of those flashbacks did Neji kick Lee's ass? Sure it wasn't a very large protion of the flashbacks but I remember seeing it. I
I too agree that this was a good episode. The last good episode was ... i can't even remember.

What do you mean by "Neji kick Lee's ass?' ? The whole point of learning to open the 5 gates was to defeat Neji as Gai said that's the only way to beat Neji. Neji and Lee are rivals you can say.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 00:22   Link #63
JoopFOX

I didnt really like this epi because Im not really a Lee fan. Though I like him and his spirit, and find him and Gai to be funny sometimes. So it was not too bad. Though, I would really like more stuff on Shino and Tenten. And if possible also Nara Shikamaru, because hes my fav. char
Well, I also thought Lee looked a lot older than before.
JoopFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 06:59   Link #64
Terrant

Ya know, I'm not a Rock Lee fan, but this was a good ep. Been hoping he'd take the surgery all along, and that my 5th Hokage would agree to it.

I have to agree with the last post..I wish they'd flesh TenTen out more. And Shino and Shikamaru to a lesser bit. And wasshisname, the dog kid. And maybe even Ino!
Terrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 08:04   Link #65
IntegraTypeR

Boring.......... I don't like soap operas.
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 08:25   Link #66
ma1nstream

Send a message via AIM to ma1nstream
heh, I think this episode kinda sucks

I hate that it is straying from the manga, and all of you
non-manga readers, your missing out on quiet a story...
I dont really care what Kakashi looks like....anyways
just sucks in my opinion

ps. whoever mentioned Hellsing, were you saying that Hellsing was alot better than the manga? then I would have to disagree, the first 6 episodes were cool, but the last episodes just sucked ass. and I was personaly disapointed
ma1nstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 12:07   Link #67
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1nstream
heh, I think this episode kinda sucks

I hate that it is straying from the manga, and all of you
non-manga readers, your missing out on quiet a story...
I dont really care what Kakashi looks like....anyways
just sucks in my opinion

ps. whoever mentioned Hellsing, were you saying that Hellsing was alot better than the manga? then I would have to disagree, the first 6 episodes were cool, but the last episodes just sucked ass. and I was personaly disapointed
I do hate that Naruto is straying away from the manga and it's possible it might follow a different path, a path where everybody is on the good side and they fight evil beings and come to save the day when called for...

But this episode was actually in the manga, but just added too many flashbacks and dragged on and on.

About the Kakashi thing. That was in the manga too, it was a Special Chapter. The ramen shop thing.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:10   Link #68
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

holy shit will it EVER stop? people complaining about the anime straying form the manga, sheehz...

this has been talked about a zillion times, don't bother posting because...well I refer to my sig
Old 2004-09-11, 12:14   Link #69
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
holy shit will it EVER stop? people complaining about the anime straying form the manga, sheehz...

this has been talked about a zillion times, don't bother posting because...well I refer to my sig
Should we care that you don't care?

Everyone has their own opinion and they have the right to say it. If you don't like this then don't visit forums like this. ^^
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 16:02   Link #70
kinez

the name for this serie should be: rock lee - the true genius of hard work. ('naruto' is so outdated. He had its time)

the more we see of rock lee the more we love him!!
kinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 16:24   Link #71
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, obviously the story doesn't focuse on Rock Lee. It mostly focuses on Naruto and his growth in power. He said it himself. He wants the whole village to recognize him as the next hokage. Rock Lee's good, but he just his other teammate that Naruto worries about (and not the main character).
Old 2004-09-11, 16:42   Link #72
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Well, obviously the story doesn't focuse on Rock Lee. It mostly focuses on Naruto and his growth in power. He said it himself. He wants the whole village to recognize him as the next hokage. Rock Lee's good, but he just his other teammate that Naruto worries about (and not the main character).
The story doesn't mostly focus on Naruto. It mostly focuses on Sasuke...
Old 2004-09-11, 16:59   Link #73
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
The story doesn't mostly focus on Naruto. It mostly focuses on Sasuke...
I agree. The are the two main charcaters (although the series is name Naruto) of this series. I would have liked this series to be called something else, since many people would say Naruto will always wins because the series is named after him. They could have callled it Kyuubi or some other name that represent this series.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 17:02   Link #74
Enodu_2

What a trashy episode. I mean, Rock Lee is too much of a fucking pussy; not to mention he looks like a fucking Sakura crying. God, I respected Lee for being a man, now I see him as an emotional bitch. Honestly people, we see Sakura constantly reminding us of Sasuke, and now Lee is constantly nagging the words, "Gai Sensei." Please pull a Sakura some more Lee, because what we need is more pointless phrases in Naruto. The conclusion: Rock Lee and Sakura are both retards.

My point is that the atmosphere they're trying to set isn't there. When Haku died and Zabuza cried I was in total shock; that episode was how to set an atmosphere. This one, episode 100, had Rock Lee crying like a little child who had lost his fucking pacifier. I hope Rock Lee dies in the surgery, then maybe my ears can have a rest from the bullshit phrase "Gai! Sensei!" Also, the animators should start find a better way to present emotion, and quick, becuase my thoughts during this episode were not sad but more along the line of: "Wow, Rock Lee is such a fucking pansy, cry some more you little bitch...."

Quote:
I agree. The are the two main charcaters (although the series is name Naruto) of this series. I would have liked this series to be called something else, since many people would say Naruto will always wins because the series is named after him. They could have callled it Kyuubi or some other name that represent this series.
Listen you idiot, look up the word biased, then maybe you will understand why people think you're stupid. Sorry for the harsh words, but your statement was just so retarted that I got a tiny bit agitated. Although my opinion is biased, it's not stupid like yours
Old 2004-09-11, 18:02   Link #75
Terasu

Send a message via AIM to Terasu Send a message via MSN to Terasu
I can clearly see that there isn't a shread of humanity in you, Enodu. On top of talking a bunch of utter BS about the episode you went further and wished that he'd die. I don't understand that. ANYONE would cry if their dreams were taken away from them and there's nothing they can do about it. He cried especially a lot because it means THAT MUCH to him. Lee can't just walk it off like its nothing going "Oh well, fux teh ninja life!! :D" ...but obviosuly you can't see that. All you can see is black and white and nothing more. That's too bad.
Terasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 20:32   Link #76
BlackDove
Unheard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enodu_2
What a trashy episode. I mean, Rock Lee is too much of a fucking pussy; not to mention he looks like a fucking Sakura crying. God, I respected Lee for being a man, now I see him as an emotional bitch. Honestly people, we see Sakura constantly reminding us of Sasuke, and now Lee is constantly nagging the words, "Gai Sensei." Please pull a Sakura some more Lee, because what we need is more pointless phrases in Naruto. The conclusion: Rock Lee and Sakura are both retards.

My point is that the atmosphere they're trying to set isn't there. When Haku died and Zabuza cried I was in total shock; that episode was how to set an atmosphere. This one, episode 100, had Rock Lee crying like a little child who had lost his fucking pacifier. I hope Rock Lee dies in the surgery, then maybe my ears can have a rest from the bullshit phrase "Gai! Sensei!" Also, the animators should start find a better way to present emotion, and quick, becuase my thoughts during this episode were not sad but more along the line of: "Wow, Rock Lee is such a fucking pansy, cry some more you little bitch...."
Welcome to my opinion. Clearly a tremendous difference in the shots of Haku dying and Rock Lee being a panzy.

Hell, Haku KNEW he was going to bite Raikiri and still went out with a smile on his face. The shots of Sasuke potentially dying, Zabuza crying and Haku actually dying were done in an excellent manner. I actually felt sad when I saw all three scenes.

The only thought going through my mind with Gai/Lee scenes was "Okay... can we get to the part in the Manga already?... so unnecessary, even the manga didn't stretch it out this long..."

This is POINT BLANK filler, and I have every right to hate it. This was all explained in what... two fifteen page Manga editions? Give me a break. Anime is supposed to be fast. It's not my fault they'll run out of Manga material soon, so they have to put filler garbage into the Anime.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 20:58   Link #77
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enodu_2
Listen you idiot, look up the word biased, then maybe you will understand why people think you're stupid. Sorry for the harsh words, but your statement was just so retarted that I got a tiny bit agitated. Although my opinion is biased, it's not stupid like yours
That just prove my point, Naruto fanboy. Everyone get pissed if Sasuke is mentioned in the same league as Naruto, like it is an insult. Even mentioning that Sasuke is also the main character pissed you off, not to mention that he is the favorite character of Kishiimoto and there wouldn't be a series without Sasuke. Those are facts and not some bullshit that i make up. You are the who is biased. My post have a reasons and facts,. your post is pure bullshit of the examples i'm giving, biased.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 23:20   Link #78
Enodu_2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDove
Welcome to my opinion. Clearly a tremendous difference in the shots of Haku dying and Rock Lee being a panzy.

Hell, Haku KNEW he was going to bite Raikiri and still went out with a smile on his face. The shots of Sasuke potentially dying, Zabuza crying and Haku actually dying were done in an excellent manner. I actually felt sad when I saw all three scenes.

The only thought going through my mind with Gai/Lee scenes was "Okay... can we get to the part in the Manga already?... so unnecessary, even the manga didn't stretch it out this long..."

This is POINT BLANK filler, and I have every right to hate it. This was all explained in what... two fifteen page Manga editions? Give me a break. Anime is supposed to be fast. It's not my fault they'll run out of Manga material soon, so they have to put filler garbage into the Anime.
Finally someone that thinks like me. Blackdove, you have my kudos becuase your points were great. Now, onto Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
That just prove my point, Naruto fanboy. Everyone get pissed if Sasuke is mentioned in the same league as Naruto, like it is an insult. Even mentioning that Sasuke is also the main character pissed you off, not to mention that he is the favorite character of Kishiimoto and there wouldn't be a series without Sasuke. Those are facts and not some bullshit that i make up. You are the who is biased. My post have a reasons and facts,. your post is pure bullshit of the examples i'm giving, biased.
Listen, I already said my points were biased. Maybe if you took a decent english course you would be able to understand that, but seeing as you didn't, I will just have to spoon feed you the conclusion. To shut you down quickly I can just say your points are biased because your name is Last of the Uchiha. Clearly you can't call me a Naruto fanboy, you Sasuke fanboy... Some extra points:

1. My points aren't bullshit, go back to the zabuza fight.

2. You had no point to begin with.

3. You have no facts. A fact is something that holds truth to it, what you presented is a child's opinion ex, sasuke is the main character, there will be no series without sasuke, etc....

4. I told you to look up biased, and from what I'm reading you clearly haven't done your homework.

5. I'm wondering where is your fact that Sasuke is the main character? After all, you did argue that whole point blindy.

6. I couldn't understand the last point you made

Last of the Uchiha, if you want to argue against me don't go rushing in like a moron, take your time, otherwise all you're doing is stepping into a minefield. I honestly hate arguing with people, almost as much as I hate people, so the simplest thing to do is just let this go. All I was saying is the poor atmosphere or sad themes in Naruto are pissing me off.

Last edited by Enodu_2; 2004-09-11 at 23:41.
Enodu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 23:51   Link #79
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

There needs to be a bored smiley. It would get some serious work.

Naruto is THE main character. Sasuke, Kakashi, and Sakura are all secondary main characters. Everyone else is a secondary character, period, and then there's the regular bit characters.

Enodu_2, if you hate arguing with people so much, please refrain from posting pointlessly inflammatory replies.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 23:55   Link #80
Enodu_2

You may hate going to the washroom, but you still do it; some things can't be avoided or pushed aside. Also, thanks for agreeing with me
Enodu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote