AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-22, 07:29   Link #621
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay, so the only way to get those unique 'Named' weapons is to dualize them... Great >.>

(I hate Alchemy games...)

Any tips on how to get those crystals needed ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 12:26   Link #622
Zakoo

Book that multiplies the chance of creating + book that gives you two items instead of one + book that makes your mixer have more slot faster.

I only remember that you have the last one in Strathan ruin desert.

Anyway i'm seeking a second spoon for the quest in Veranek, does somebody know where to get it ? (Btw I tried to fight to rockagong, LOLOLOLOL, first time losing in a tales of)

I will do a list of all the mineral I found tonight

Here we go :

Spoiler for List:

Item underlined can be obtained through discoveries.

Last edited by Zakoo; 2012-03-22 at 17:19.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 20:38   Link #623
Excorsism

Jesus christ, the AI is so bad in this game. I'm on Emeraude right now and AI taking the AOE spell without guarding...? Feels like some programming lessons might be needed at Namco headquarters.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:42   Link #624
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I think the developers are forcing us to reflexively change your character when the enemy is using spells Seriously though, I'm still having a hard time with it Especially since I couldn't just 'pause' the game by using the menu and then change my character when on it

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 20:48   Link #625
Excorsism

Meh, I just switched the difficulty to Moderate because it was pissing me off too much. lol. Who thought to make a boss where you couldn't melee at all? Srsly.
Old 2012-03-23, 03:22   Link #626
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Just got done with Emeraude myself. After my fifth try I pretty much said "Fuck this shit" and changed it to easy. Seriously, avoid the spells and use guard.

Anyways, where the request board for Lhant? I got anonymous letter and beloved hankerchief and I can't find it.

Have I also mentioned I got my wish fulfilled? David Vincent voices Richard. No one could've done it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Okay, so the only way to get those unique 'Named' weapons is to dualize them... Great >.>

(I hate Alchemy games...)

Any tips on how to get those crystals needed ?
I love the alchemy game. Anyways I looked at my dualize book and the store dualize options and here is what I got for you Frozen:

Spoiler for Crash course:

Here is the stuff I haven't dualized yet (because I'm stingy)

Spoiler for second crash course:

Yeah... don't ask me how to make some of these crystals. My dualize book isn't showing me them. >:|
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 07:17   Link #627
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Anyway i'm seeking a second spoon for the quest in Veranek, does somebody know where to get it ? (Btw I tried to fight to rockagong, LOLOLOLOL, first time losing in a tales of)
There's a second spoon?! I don't even have the flippin' knife.

You can run from the Rockgagong. I fight him occasionally to get Sophie's Rejuvinate and Cheria's Resurrection uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Anyways, where the request board for Lhant? I got anonymous letter and beloved hankerchief and I can't find it.
The maid next to the stairs in the mansion (opposite Frederic) is the 'inn' for Lhant.

I'll ask again: Is there any side quest that I can't do in the future arc (i.e., I have to do it in the time between getting the shuttle and finishing the main arc)?
Old 2012-03-23, 13:07   Link #628
Zakoo

Don't know but did you kill the 3 dragons or ended the Riot peak ?

I myself am just before the last boss and there's sooooooooo much quest I don't plan on continuing for the moment.
Old 2012-03-23, 13:14   Link #629
Shadow5YA

Tales AI is always retarded. In previous games, I always had to turn off all artes/spells but the two or three I wanted them to use. It's even worse in this game because it's more dependent on reactions/dodging patterns.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 07:21   Link #630
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I'll ask again: Is there any side quest that I can't do in the future arc (i.e., I have to do it in the time between getting the shuttle and finishing the main arc)?
As far as I know you can change between the future arc and the main game. At least something like that happens because the coliseum/Arena battles are not shared between arcs.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 12:54   Link #631
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno, AI so far is decent even in Chaos. Or at least, spellcasting times are so short for bosses that even I have a hard time dodging/interrupting, so I don't mind them getting hit since I personally wouldn't probably have fared better.

Sure, one well placed AoE will wipe out your party in Chaos if you're bunched up, but running all melee party is suicide anyways.

Like in every Tales game I played, a good offense is the best defense. Sure you can't spam here, but all the more reason to use enemy weaknesses, ESPECIALLY if they're weak to certain status effects (certain bosses weak to Paralysis/Petrify etc makes them so MUCH easier). And in that regard, the AI is decent in hitting enemy weaknesses, or at the very least, combo in at the right times so you can have enough time to hit them yourself.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 22:36   Link #632
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Stiletto

Thanks for the list, it helped... I guess I've just upped the difficulty to moderate so that the drop rate would increase, at the very least I won't be compelled to hoard them if I think they aren't hard to replace... But Crystals are another thing... >.>
Old 2012-03-25, 15:32   Link #633
Zakoo

I'm doing new start + in evil mode.

HUH ? HUUUH ? Wtf ? Is it doable to begin with? Random monsters that hits you at 12 000 and wtf with those AoE that wipes out your party ? Wtf wtf ? I barely managed to kill the boss in the graselyde ruins. I can't believe it, it's so damnnnnnnnn hard.
Old 2012-03-25, 23:00   Link #634
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
I'm doing new start + in evil mode.

HUH ? HUUUH ? Wtf ? Is it doable to begin with? Random monsters that hits you at 12 000 and wtf with those AoE that wipes out your party ? Wtf wtf ? I barely managed to kill the boss in the graselyde ruins. I can't believe it, it's so damnnnnnnnn hard.
Just wait until you get to the next mob boss . Look like he was easy, until the halfway point, then...all hell broke loose.

I'm on my first playthrough and am doing it on Chaos(since shortly after the Slime Queen), and it's been difficult so far, but manageable. I feel that you have to do at least a little grinding to level up your titles, as the abilities gained from them are far more important and necessary in these conditions than an extra level or two.

I'm stuck on the 2nd desert boss though =0(. I think I'm going to do away with everyone's 3rd-tier spells in favor of their lowest-level ones. I find I get counter-spelled/counterattacked by bosses all too often =0/. Plus that <1 sec cast time is very useful when they need to block/dodge on a dime.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 08:18   Link #635
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know how you guys can do this on Chaos/Evil- I'm already being destroyed by Kurt on moderate... Had to knock it back down to normal and even then I used up all my life bottles >.>
Old 2012-03-26, 15:50   Link #636
Zakoo

Haha Kurt is hard true true, but there's harder dear, if you managed to beat bryce a second time, Kurt shoudn't be so hard.

Anyway I understand why I had critical of 49000, it's because of a damn book that increases XP and SP but make the ennemies unleashe hellfire.
Old 2012-03-26, 16:52   Link #637
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Haha Kurt is hard true true, but there's harder dear, if you managed to beat bryce a second time, Kurt shoudn't be so hard.

Anyway I understand why I had critical of 49000, it's because of a damn book that increases XP and SP but make the ennemies unleashe hellfire.
Bryce is tough . I'm not strong enough to beat him yet(I just finished Warrior's Roost). Dude has 100,000 hp, I mean if I could at least hit him without him 'evading' it and stun him normally, I'd take him on, but it's too much to do it now given my strength(and there's no way I'm taking it off Chaos).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 12:37   Link #638
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Turns out, I'm way better with Richard then Asbel. Or maybe I'm biased because of the memetic bishie and rapier.

Anyways I've no diea how people could play chaos without having the patience of a saint. I tried fighting a lot of the more annoying bosses on moderate and I still got my ass kicked. Emeraude and Kurt being the most prominent bosses I can think of in that category.

Anyone know what the best weapons are in the game? Do you get rewarded costumes/weapons if you do Riot Peak etc?

edit: blah typo.

Last edited by Stiletto; 2012-03-29 at 23:06.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 13:07   Link #639
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Turns out, I'm way better with Richard then Asbel. Or maybe I'm biased because of the memetic bishie and rapier.

Anyways I've no diea how people could play chaos without having the patience of a saint. I tried fighting a lot of the more annoying bosses on moderate and I still got my ass kicked. Emeraude and Kurt being the msot prominent bosses I can think of in that category.

Anyone know what the best weapons are in the game? Do you get rewarded costumes/weapons if you do Riot Peak etc?
Patience indeed.

The good thing about realtime action RPGs is that you can compensate for your inferior stats with good reactions and exploiting enemy patterns. I thought the secret boss in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix was impossible, but then I see lv1 Critical mode no damage videos on youtube.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 18:00   Link #640
Zakoo

The last boss of riot peak is pretty epic with his CELCIUS CALIBURRRRRRRRRR. But I didn't go as far as doing the master mode.

Anyway the best weapon I got so far was either excalibur or a sword in form of gyraf. (In normal mode, weapons in legacies are so imba, like monsters huhu)

Tags
game, games, rpg