AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 39 44.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 25.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.15%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.45%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-23, 11:09   Link #481
arkhangelsk

"Plausible Deniability". Sound Stages and Manga are secondary sources and are low visibility, so fans can pretend they don't exist.
Old 2007-09-23, 11:14   Link #482
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Bull, manga and soundstages are primairy sources of information. If there is anything StrikerS has proven, it's that. They don't contradict anything in the anime, only support it and provide aditional information that was not given in the anime itself. Erio/Caro development, for example, is featured in the manga more so then in the anime.
Old 2007-09-23, 11:15   Link #483
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
I don't see why they could not. The Mai universe did a 300 year timeskip and is currently has an upcomming OVA that goes back a few years.
The links between the various Mai-series are more tenous than the one between Nanoha and Triangle Hearts. They might as well be reusing characters and sets for different shows.
Old 2007-09-23, 11:17   Link #484
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Bull, manga and soundstages are primairy sources of information. If there is anything StrikerS has proven, it's that. They don't contradict anything in the anime, only support it and provide aditional information that was not given in the anime itself. Erio/Caro development, for example, is featured in the manga more so then in the anime.
The point was, the further Nanoha ventures away from its Toraha roots, the better it is for all sides.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-23, 11:18   Link #485
BBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
er no...too much cheese for my taste

dead villians should remain DEAD!
But we never saw her die......

Also where else are we going to get the power to offer Nanoha & Friends a challenge?
Old 2007-09-23, 11:23   Link #486
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Bull, manga and soundstages are primairy sources of information.
Think of the EU. It is most of the information of Star Wars too, but it is secondary and some fans like to pretend it doesn't exist.
Old 2007-09-23, 11:25   Link #487
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM View Post

Also where else are we going to get the power to offer Nanoha & Friends a challenge?
The fact that OTHER SS-ranks exist within TSAB (( judging from Regius's words )), along with the fact that at least ONE S-rank existed in the Ground Forces 8 years ago show that while 5% is only 5%, it's not like the 95% is less than 100 people.

Besides, didn't the Guardian Knights themselves pop out of nowhere? Just so long it's believable, adding a couple of S-SS rank villains shouldn't be a problem so long as there's not an army of them.

Nanoha and co. may be the talented, young and bright creams of the crop, but they are most likely not the greatest there ever is, and the greatest there will ever be. Even more so since the era they're serving is one that is considerably peaceful. I'm sure the former 2 eras of the 3 Brains and the 3 Admirals were far more hectic than anything the 3 Aces ever did.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-23, 11:27   Link #488
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
The links between the various Mai-series are more tenous than the one between Nanoha and Triangle Hearts. They might as well be reusing characters and sets for different shows.
That is still subject of debate even now. Miyu is dropping hints left and right and the recent OVA also suported the theory that there is a link, but beyond the same characters being used, there is little to dispute it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The point was, the further Nanoha ventures away from its Toraha roots, the better it is for all sides.
To avoid clashing fans, if I understand it correctly?

Quote:
She fell into a botomless dimension that cancels all magic. And she was dieing anyway.

Quote:
Not from a dead mage. Besides, we still know very little of Al Hazarhed, which just screams 'big nasty boss hidden' to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Think of the EU. It is most of the information of Star Wars too, but it is secondary and some fans like to pretend it doesn't exist.
That's... kind of a flawed argument, concidering George Lucas himself said that EU information is official information.
Old 2007-09-23, 11:32   Link #489
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I dont think the timeskip was a problem( no i will not scream murder as Nanoha and Fate are no longer lolies), what i feared was that they will not be able to devot enough time to give the numerous cast enough depth, Caro and Erio were wasted in strikers, and it's more painfull when you see how the story was ploted and how much time was "wasted" IMO on fan service (ie Vivio).
Old 2007-09-23, 11:40   Link #490
arkhangelsk

Quote:
That's... kind of a flawed argument, concidering George Lucas himself said that EU information is official information.
This makes the analogy even more valid. While both are of course official sources, neither is has the same canonicity as the film/anime version. There are those that really hate the EU.
Old 2007-09-23, 11:47   Link #491
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
This makes the analogy even more valid. While both are of course official sources, neither is has the same canonicity as the film/anime version. There are those that really hate the EU.
The flaw in that analogy is that while it is true that Star Wars EU is not the same canonicity as the movies, Nanoha manga soundstages and anime are the same canonicity. They are created by the official companies, not a third party like Star Wars EU.
Old 2007-09-23, 11:56   Link #492
arkhangelsk

Quote:
The flaw in that analogy is that while it is true that Star Wars EU is not the same canonicity as the movies, Nanoha manga soundstages and anime are the same canonicity. They are created by the official companies, not a third party like Star Wars EU.
Even in the SW, the novelization, even one that is written by Lucas himself as the original ANH novelization was, is of lower canonicity than the film (though higher than the EU).

I would have thought that the canonicity order of Nanoha had not been established, just that manga and SS are part of the continuity, not that they are necessarily equal.

Besides, if the anime and the SS directly conflict in a irreconcilable way, are you telling me that you would pick the SS's version.
Old 2007-09-23, 12:03   Link #493
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Even in the SW, the novelization, even one that is written by Lucas himself as the original ANH novelization was, is of lower canonicity than the film (though higher than the EU).
Really now, that's interesting to know. I wonder how many fans do, though. Every fan that I know goes with the 'EU is canon' aproach.

Quote:
I would have thought that the canonicity order of Nanoha had not been established, just that manga and SS are part of the continuity, not that they are necessarily equal.

Besides, if the anime and the SS directly conflict in a irreconcilable way, are you telling me that you would pick the SS's version.
Ah, but there is the crux. The SS will not contradict the anime because it is canonical. It is created alongside the anime to fill gaps of information the anime does not cover. StrikerS does this in the most ludicurous way, giving us character development of Erio and Caro that was denied in the anime for example, but there is no contradiction present.
Old 2007-09-23, 12:25   Link #494
Jimmy C

Fellas, please. Canonicity is not the issue here. What is, is that Toraha fans can watch StrikerS without it being rubbed in their faces that Nanoha is the daugther of Shiro and Momoko, and the little sister of Kyouya and Miyuki. Something that wasn't possible in the previous seasons. They can choose to skip the Sound Stage that her family appeared in without missing anything critical to the series.
Old 2007-09-23, 12:57   Link #495
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

In other words, hedging their bets everywhere, but end up disappointing everyone but the ones they are pandering to in the anime...

But come on, I like Nanoha because of the anime, so don't you drop whatever you don't want to cover in the animation in the SS and manga, because there are some things worth animated!

Because of Fate's inner struggle being shafted, my pals are STILL finding Fate a flat Mary Sue, as with the rest of the Aces. In fact, they voted Hayate to be most interesting due to A's, and Fate achieved perfection in A's and hence became boring.

Sigh...
Old 2007-09-27, 19:46   Link #496
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
10/10 For OVERKILL
Old 2007-10-06, 22:32   Link #497
Mirificus

Yesy has released their sub of episode 25.
Old 2007-10-07, 02:42   Link #498
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Whoa. This the Nanoha thread right? I must of missed something because I thought this is was the "Otome/Hime" thread for a second there when I read the first several posts on this page .

I just finished watching episode 25 and it was ok. The ending scenes for this episode was very "Nanoha-ish", which is a good thing . It was funny though,
Spoiler:
That's some very...err..."rough love" there. In a way, I fear for Vivo's future that Nanoha is her mama. I wonder what Fate mama would of done to save Vivo if Fate was in Nanoha's position.
Old 2007-10-07, 04:49   Link #499
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
I just finished watching episode 25 and it was ok. The ending scenes for this episode was very "Nanoha-ish", which is a good thing . It was funny though,
Spoiler:
That's some very...err..."rough love" there. In a way, I fear for Vivo's future that Nanoha is her mama. I wonder what Fate mama would of done to save Vivo if Fate was in Nanoha's position.
Isn't it common knowledge that the harder Nanoha hits you the more she wants to be your friend

But then again does that mean she wants to be best friends with Quatro (is that the name for the very efil one at the end?)
Old 2007-10-07, 07:24   Link #500
BBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
But then again does that mean she wants to be best friends with Quatro (is that the name for the very efil one at the end?)
No, she used Divine Buster on quatro. For befriending Nanoha uses Starlight Breaker.
Closed Thread