AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-07, 11:46   Link #3141
Marina2

@orangejuicetang and Serperior

I don't see your images. Try upload pictures to any image host website.
Old 2013-03-07, 11:56   Link #3142
orangejuicetang

Yeah, I suspected as much.

Spoiler for rest of them, again:

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 12:12   Link #3143
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
And the semi-finals final tally:

Spoiler for Achiga semis score image:
Every Shiratodai member aside from Teru lost points ==;

A fully offensive team is pretty dangerous huh (do or die type)

If like that, it's better to build a team with Teru as main point earner and the rest just keep defending...

oh well...

ps : is that a crying Awaii promising revenge on Shizu?
Old 2013-03-07, 12:29   Link #3144
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Spoiler for last laugh:
Can someone tell me what did announcer say at the end of match.
Old 2013-03-07, 12:37   Link #3145
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I laughed at how Awai's image of Shizu was that of a Brocken Spectre. I think it's unintended, but I laughed at how it more or less completes a series of Madoka Magica references, since Shizu is voiced by Aoi Yuuki, and the Brocken Spectre is the basis of the design of Kriemhild Gretchen, Madoka's witch form.
Don't forget that Chiwa Saitou voices Awai who also voiced Homura.

Quote:
ps : is that a crying Awaii promising revenge on Shizu?
Probably. Interesting that 3 out of the 4 teams finished that match in tears

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2013-03-07, 12:39   Link #3146
Sumeragi
Banned

All those flowers around Shizu..... Just like her.

I now want to break her.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 12:52   Link #3147
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Looking at the result is is clear that Harue was right. What make the diference in the end is the team overall power and sinegie. Not only your team but also how the other team interact with each others.
the result could have been truly diferent if the other team had noticed Shizu earlier and not all gunned for the easy prey (Awai).

On that last hand Awai did what she should have done for all the rest of the match. She was forced to do it but it helped her (Like Kuro discarding her dora. I really make a lot of comparaison between the two)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I laughed at how Awai's image of Shizu was that of a Brocken Spectre. I think it's unintended, but I laughed at how it more or less completes a series of Madoka Magica references, since Shizu is voiced by Aoi Yuuki, and the Brocken Spectre is the basis of the design of Kriemhild Gretchen, Madoka's witch form.
Shizu is Madoka ,Awai is Homura. Saki is the darkness that even Madoka wish couldn't destroy. She just could hold it at bay for some time with Homura help.
Old 2013-03-07, 12:58   Link #3148
teja208
Critical fanboy

I have mix impression form spoilers both good and bad. Let start with the bad.

Quite of a letdown when it comes to Shiraitodai from all the hype. They're supposed to be the two years reigning champ, and given the team who top them hasn't joined the national for the past 10 years, I don't know what to say. Scoring wise, I have to admit despite all their fancy abilities, Shiraitodai isn't really all that great without Teru. Guess cedec0 is starting to rub on me I'm starting to perfer Senriyama over them for second place despite all the contradictions. At any rate, I expect Shiraitodai to do better in the finals, but I'm not feeling like rooting for them as much as I used to.

If there is a writing mistake coming form the author, it would've been the fact that she made Shizu look horribly weak in the quarter finals barely made it to second place. Guess I can just dismiss the quarter final captain match as anime original.

Now for the good part, I have to congratulate Shizu. It does seem that Koromo's warning have merit after all. I shall wait for the manga explanation on her ability so that we can properly place her on the monster rank or something else entirely.

Anyway the last page of the manga, what does it look like? Any hints, spoilers, flashforwards, or anouncement of a new project maybe?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 13:01   Link #3149
orangejuicetang

That's the thing about Awai though, in that she's super prideful, possibly the most prideful character we've seen thus far. This could have been seen earlier when she let others get a peek of her supernova move in an earlier match for the pretty petty reason of not wanting to get beaten in points by Takami. Also when she burst out crying when Seiko rearranged the walls so she couldn't use her supernova move. Think about how Koromo referred to her opponents as peasants and multiply that by 3. Hence why she was so upset and angry that she still lost in points to Shizu, and why she's (probably) vowing revenge in that one panel.

Old 2013-03-07, 13:03   Link #3150
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post

Shizu is Madoka ,Awai is Homura. Saki is the darkness that even Madoka wish couldn't destroy. She just could hold it at bay for some time with Homura help.
Saki is Kyuubey!!!!

Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii Tanoshii
Old 2013-03-07, 13:09   Link #3151
RJ TAYLER

Well either way they have to fight Hayate Yagami (Kana Udea aka Saki) now.

BEFRIENDING at Tokyo Twilight Time.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:26   Link #3152
Sumeragi
Banned

I wouldn't want to be the one fighting against this team:

Old 2013-03-07, 13:35   Link #3153
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I wouldn't want to be the one fighting against this team:

It could have been. just make Teru rest in Nagano and give Hisa some money and you have it. Then Saki get to the same High school as her Onee-Chan and you just have a Kana as a 'weak point'.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:44   Link #3154
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
give Hisa some money
I forgot to ask, what happened to Buchou back then? Never really read things enough to figure it out.
Old 2013-03-07, 14:44   Link #3155
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I forgot to ask, what happened to Buchou back then? Never really read things enough to figure it out.
Might be a divorce (since she change her sure name from Ueno to Takei)
Old 2013-03-07, 14:46   Link #3156
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
Might be a divorce (since she change her sure name from Ueno to Takei)
Yeah - this was what I thought it was. She mentioned that her family did not have enough money to go to other schools I think? My impression was that this was mainly due to a divorce settlement....

Nice pic btw Sumeragi.
Old 2013-03-07, 15:21   Link #3157
The Green One

Well Shizu humiliating Awai like this is a good lesson for her. She needed to be forcefed that slice of humble pie. We'll have to see if she learns from this to become the immense threat she was originally hyped as.

Though it is rather funny to see how childishly sulky she is over getting beaten like that. Now all we just need is a line from Seiko about how she's never seen Awai get beaten so badly like that to complete the irony train.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 15:55   Link #3158
orangejuicetang

You know, I've been thinking again about the Shiraitodai hype disappointment, and I think one of the main causes behind it is ironically enough, Teru, who may be the only person who lived up to the hype. I say this because Teru dominated the first round so hard that there really wasn't any realistic way for the rest of Shiraitodai to live up to their hype and still be any sort of interesting match. For Shiraitodai to continue dominating means that it would end after the 2nd player, or 3rd at the most due to somebody being dropped beneath zero, which just wouldn't work. So instead, the author tries to have a sort of saving throw by having Sumire mention something about 'holding back and observing' even though it doesn't seem like it.

On a sort of random realization, Awai is a super hard counter to Koromo. Koromo's tenpai hell doesn't do anything to Awai if she starts in tenpai, and Awai's guaranteed haneman will always hit before Koromo's 'Last tile draw win'.

Old 2013-03-07, 16:07   Link #3159
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
You know, I've been thinking again about the Shiraitodai hype disappointment, and I think one of the main causes behind it is ironically enough, Teru, who may be the only person who lived up to the hype. I say this because Teru dominated the first round so hard that there really wasn't any realistic way for the rest of Shiraitodai to live up to their hype and still be any sort of interesting match. For Shiraitodai to continue dominating means that it would end after the 2nd player, or 3rd at the most due to somebody being dropped beneath zero, which just wouldn't work. So instead, the author tries to have a sort of saving throw by having Sumire mention something about 'holding back and observing' even though it doesn't seem like it.

On a sort of random realization, Awai is a super hard counter to Koromo. Koromo's tenpai hell doesn't do anything to Awai if she starts in tenpai, and Awai's guaranteed haneman will always hit before Koromo's 'Last tile draw win'.
I am willing to believe that Teru, Sumire and Takami were holding back . They were far enough from third place for that.

As for Awai being Koromo'counter it depend on whose influence is stronger. remember that Koromo influence start when the dice are throw so Awai might not have her starting tempai as well.
Old 2013-03-07, 16:33   Link #3160
night_sentinel

I fell asleep and seem to have missed the storm again. Still, looking at all the rage at some forums - it seems like falling asleep was a grace of God.

So Achiga-Shiraitodai win?
Well, its not like we haven't predicted who will go up. The only thing we missed is the order. I'll be holding of until I get a clearer picture from the translations. But, from what I'm seeing its going to be hard to be happy with this chapter - no matter who you support. This is just a gist and may change pending translation.

Awai is looking like an idiot well more than usual. Ryuuka failed to show us her chops as the captain of Senriyama. Himeko was also totally reliant on her hax. And about Shizuno, I'm sure a lot are happy with the power-up. But, did they just throw Monkey's early characterization out of the window? You know, the one who never gives up in face of trouble and though without hax through willpower and grit managed to win... sigh.... There better be some logical coherent explanation for this that I can swallow. Or else...

Oh well. I feel like supporting Side-B characters anyway on the captain match. No loss. At least the main manga is still coherent and gives proper development. As long as this bad writing and pacing doesn't affect the main storyline, I'm game.

@orangejuicetang
Awai vs. Koromo could lead to that. Fortunately, Koromo is intelligent and doesn't go for haitei, always. Remember Koromo's modus operandi if its day or no full moon is just to win with high scoring hands. This is what she did for the previous national and look she was still hailed as a monster.

On the full moon, wherein iishanten hell is active. It looks like Awai didn't/couldn't(?) double riichi at the last game? If iishanten hell has a priority against double riichi, Awai is borked against Koromo. On the other hand, if iishanten hell does not have any priority to double riichi. Koromo still has a fighting chance due to the mentioned high scoring hands. Chances are I'll be rooting for Koromo in this match because this chapter has shown that Awai is really very dumb.

P.S. I really hope the translation shed better light. All the captain in this match just went down in my esteem.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri