AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-16, 11:15   Link #41461
agetreme
Just another Idiot

New idea:

Spoiler for Mad scienist this time:

===

The male lead has a interesting life:

Spoiler for A dysfunctional family.:

Spoiler for Misery love company:
Old 2013-04-16, 11:20   Link #41462
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: just hire a NEVER

@zero: wait, that was the brain? Haha. Pretty dark stuff. What if IS cores were actually made the same way? Zoid cores have energy provision and evolutionary functions too.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 11:41   Link #41463
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Planet Zi is half science and half technomagic. On the other hand, a lot of it's properties are hard science (basically, electric power did it), on the other hand, the condition itself are impossible to occur naturally.

For example, you can use very powerful magnet to make zoid float, or even fly, by riding the magnetic wave of the planet. You can use magnetic compressor to propel zoid forward with great force, since the air is easier to convert to ion compared to it should (without being toxic to human, at that). Oh, and apparently, aside form tapping into planetary force (=Zoid Eve), your alternative energy source is oil-esque cold volcanic soup, rich with high energy salt.
Old 2013-04-16, 11:49   Link #41464
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I just thought that pure zoids were literally giant mechanical animals. They grow with cockpits and just undergo modifications to some extend. But apparently zoids are completely torn apart and remade. Though they usually keep the original body for the core. I can only assume the internal structure of a zoid and normal living things are different as everything is made of metal. The core acts as the organic nucleus. So basically they hollow out the body, turn it into a chassis, coat the nucleus in metal case then reattatch it in. Where the brain should be is instead hollowed out to fit a cockpit.
Old 2013-04-16, 13:21   Link #41465
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@age: just hire a NEVER
What the Defense force actually wanted is a NEVER, instead the inventor give them a potential Zombie/Vampire out-break.

The Super Solider are more mechanical in nature. Their bodies are actually driven by nanomachines in their body.

It give the term Bleeding Edge a more literal meaning: When they call out their armor, they actually "bleeding".
Old 2013-04-16, 18:35   Link #41466
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I just thought that pure zoids were literally giant mechanical animals. They grow with cockpits and just undergo modifications to some extend. But apparently zoids are completely torn apart and remade. Though they usually keep the original body for the core. I can only assume the internal structure of a zoid and normal living things are different as everything is made of metal. The core acts as the organic nucleus. So basically they hollow out the body, turn it into a chassis, coat the nucleus in metal case then reattatch it in. Where the brain should be is instead hollowed out to fit a cockpit.
It's only possible because Wild Zoid themselves ARE biomechanical in nature to begin with, only far more advanced (think Transformers). So it's slightly less creepier and crueler than it sound.

The difference between normal zoid and advanced zoid (Liger Zero, Konig Wolf, berserk Fuhrer etc) is that yes, advanced zoid has their ENTIRE BODY remade into core, without damaging the zoid's identity as feral, wild animal. This is why Liger Zero is far, far, far better fighter compared to older Blade Liger, despite the technology basis is only two or three years apart.

Remember the Organoids? or Zoidians like Fiona?

Zoidian are native human of Planet Zi, Van & co, Bit & co, are descendant of Terran human colonist.

Organoid are genetically engineered Wild Zoid (as opposed to cyborg), so they can fuse with other Zoid and double their combat prowess. Terran human has not yet reached that level of sophistication until the whole armageddon comet sheanigans (that sunk half a continent), made Zoidian extinct and Terran human set to industrial age again (remember the Death Saurer? Yeah, that was the kind of technology they have until space rock arrived)

This is why I like Zoid, the lore runs deeper than what you seen. Hmm, and if we went for fusion fic, it'll be awesome.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-04-16 at 18:55.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 18:49   Link #41467
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well feral sounds just about right. That was the word in my head that described the zoid in IS form. Brutal, efficient unpredictable. AKA feral.
Old 2013-04-16, 23:50   Link #41468
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Normally, I hate IS bashing and overdose of manlyhood but this is actually very good.

Guns do jams, bad things happens during combat, your guys adapt to it. It also show that an IS don't go down that easy.
Genuine curious question here: How would one define as IS bashing?

Would it be considered as such if a machine fights on par with an IS that it results with both units sustaining heavy damage before one of them delivers the final blow?
Old 2013-04-17, 00:41   Link #41469
Eratas123

Can explain to me why My Little Pony is frigging popular? It boggles the mind!
Old 2013-04-17, 00:52   Link #41470
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Genuine curious question here: How would one define as IS bashing?

Would it be considered as such if a machine fights on par with an IS that it results with both units sustaining heavy damage before one of them delivers the final blow?
I.S. bashing only qualified when the machine/character ubercurbstomp I.S.

It's irrelevant if they overtech or undertech on paper, story portrayal is far more important.

For example, Silverbacks are toted out outright as Anti-I.S. unit, yet faced realistic difficulties when fighting them. Old Minerva and other battle armor are considered knockoff, yet managed to go toe to toe with I.S. when the circumstances are right, and yet still shown as inferior when the circumstances are not in their favor.

Those two examples are examples not I.S. bashing, because the story portrayal balances it out, paper spec be damned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Can explain to me why My Little Pony is frigging popular? It boggles the mind!
I haven't watched it, but relevant fanfic, most of which are considered original Flavor, has dynamic character that avoid overt stereotyping, the plot might be too simple and borderline diabetic, but also avoid usual stupidity/idiocy that can be spotted by people outside it's demographic (little girls).

of course, then there's stuff like grimdark fic, lesbian shipping romp, or outright bestiality self insert. But that's already missing the point anyway.
Old 2013-04-17, 02:55   Link #41471
DarkJak2050

The Prologue to the 2nd arc will probably won't be up on Fanfic.net for a while. Mainly because of Chapter 7 in the 1st arc. Detail/description needed on a certain part...

I might post something tech related on here later though...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 06:17   Link #41472
Eratas123

I just found out that Noboru Yamaguchi, Zero no Tsukaima's author, has passed away.....

Now I feel like abandoning the fic I'm writing>:/
Old 2013-04-17, 06:23   Link #41473
demino_hellsin
That one guy

yeah, passed some time ago. That's why the ZnT threads became active for awhile.

I think I'll cultivate my ZnT fic idea just as a dedication.

As for IS, I just realized the problem of me trying to write out recently the chapters of cake eater. I keep writing Chifuyu too wacky when she's supposed to be the sane one.
Old 2013-04-17, 06:26   Link #41474
Eratas123

@ Demi - Its fine for her to be wacky. Its a humor fic.
Old 2013-04-17, 06:44   Link #41475
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

About another question I asked before, I would like to ask in-depth.

Take this scene for example. (Spoiler Warning, from Gundam UC Ep4)

Switch out Riddhe/Delta Plus with an OC, Loni/Shamblo with a CC. Granted the CC will be unwilling to shoot and the OC goes out their own way to stop the CC(with extreme risk that it would kill the CC in the process). Would there by any chance any of the CCs would try and take a shot at the OC before he/she pulls the trigger?
Old 2013-04-17, 06:49   Link #41476
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: well the transition from sane to wacky is a bit... Jarring. Which is why I'm not too satisfied with them. take the scene I posted a few pages ago. Chifuyu was practically acting like one of the canon harem.

@stratos: I'm still saving up the episodes.

I stopped at 3 so can't help you. Sorry man.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-04-17 at 07:23.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:04   Link #41477
Eratas123

@ Demi - If its a humor fic, it can be a lot of things. Again, my upcoming chapter transitions from Ship Tease and wacky matchmaking to experimentation and horrific flashbacks. Their parents immediately assume something else happened.

Also, Infinite Stratos Reversal, which contains the switch between Chifuyu and Ichika. Half the time Chifuyu is serious, the other half of the time she's a normal schoolgirl who has a raging crush on her older brother. And you know what? Everybody loves it:/
Old 2013-04-17, 07:31   Link #41478
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I suppose it just weighs on my personal conscience and it diverts from my intended scenario while not being satisfactory.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:50   Link #41479
Eratas123

Then do what you want. My general rule for humor fics is that they should be fun and as an outlet. Serious fics get more attention to detail.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:55   Link #41480
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

'Chifuyu' and 'Cake Eater'...? These words are dangerous to me. :3

My mind is currently at war to write it out in both an ecchi and non-ecchi way.

Let's see which side wins...

Spoiler for Cake Eater:

*bows* I'm soooorry if I messed up the original intention of 'Cake Eater' but it seemed too good to pass up. And of course I had to throw some Orimura wincest in there somehow.

Enjoy! I'll leave it up here for another week before posting it up to FFNET, with you guys' approval of course. ^_^ v

PS: Updated it for minor corrections.

(...now I want some cake, dammit)

Last edited by Tempest35; 2013-04-17 at 09:39.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest