AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-30, 03:52   Link #21
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopel
Never heard of any of the games you posted cept the Dynasty Warrior one b/c im a big fan of it, but got no info on it =/, whats there to know... You hack n' slash what else you need to know? And that Generation of Chaos IV has interesting ss, might be cool.
It's the "Empires" part tacked onto the end. I think that means it's supposed to be some hybrid between Dynasty Tactics and Dynasty Warriors, which would rule all.

They just released a new DW style game called Sengoku Musou. It happens in japan this time so you control samurai and ninja.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 04:28   Link #22
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
No, no. I was referring to the original post. I know the game you're talking about. It was Gundam Seed Meguriai Sora, and it came with a bonus DVD of the Gundam anime series done with the game engine if you bought the first edition, which I had, and just sold recently.
Have you, by any chance, played the "Generation Seed" PS2 game that came out last month in Japan? Looked kind of interesting with the SD version of the 'bots. Graphics looked pretty good also.

The new "Dragon Quest V" game looks very nice also.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 02:39   Link #23
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
Quote:
Have you, by any chance, played the "Generation Seed" PS2 game that came out last month in Japan? Looked kind of interesting with the SD version of the 'bots. Graphics looked pretty good also.
What is that SD Gundam stuff, I seen pics but looked childish to me (chibi gundams). Is it comedic or something?
sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 16:37   Link #24
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
encounters is space is a mediocre game
it has its moments, but 2 player is complete garbage
cutscenes and voiceovers are worked in quite nicely

generation seed is quite good
another super robot wars game..better graphics this time round
the game is...
hmm..kinda like...pocket wars advance
or..the old langrisser series, if you've played those
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 17:32   Link #25
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

DOES any 1 has the english walkthrough for Girlfriend of steel (Iron Maiden 2nd) here or at least a link for it?

I never expected the game to be that hard. :S
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 22:08   Link #26
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Nope

Quote:
What is that SD Gundam stuff, I seen pics but looked childish to me (chibi gundams). Is it comedic or something?
The SD G Generation series is by no means childish or comedic like the size would suggest... Why they decided long ago that the"SD" size would be used to this day is far beyond me. The thing is, especially in the lastest installment--Seed--it is the closest thing you get from the perfect Gundam Seed game.

SD GGene Seed features all, and I mean ALL of the original Seiyuu from the animated series. Every line featured in this game's "Seed Mode" has been ADR'd by the original Seiyuu. That was a great sell point for me^^

I has a very SRW-ish feel to it but is hardly SRW in control scheme and pace.

I'd say get your mitts on it if you like Gundam
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 05:36   Link #27
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
The SD G Generation series is by no means childish or comedic like the size would suggest... Why they decided long ago that the"SD" size would be used to this day is far beyond me. The thing is, especially in the lastest installment--Seed--it is the closest thing you get from the perfect Gundam Seed game.

I'd say get your mitts on it if you like Gundam
Sounds pretty good. I hadn't noticed the voices while watching the demo earlier.

Hijacking the thread a bit further... There're a couple of anime-related fighting games coming out in Japan, Shaman King: Funbari Spirits and Gundam: Battle Assault 3, that look nice. A bit on whether or not it'll be worth the $$$ (U.S. keyboard...) to get them, though.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 05:59   Link #28
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Sounds pretty good. I hadn't noticed the voices while watching the demo earlier.

Hijacking the thread a bit further... There're a couple of anime-related fighting games coming out in Japan, Shaman King: Funbari Spirits and Gundam: Battle Assault 3, that look nice. A bit on whether or not it'll be worth the $$$ (U.S. keyboard...) to get them, though.
I'm reluctant to play the "Gundam Assualt" Series just because it trivializes the story, which is everything to me in a Gundam franchise. I mean, action and good cut-ins are nice but those are more or less in the eye-candy department when it passes through my "Buy or not buy" scanner.

FFXI Macro:
/wait 2 Months
/Order "Super Robot Wars MX"
/wait 5 Days
/Play "Super Robot Wars MX"
/cry
Old 2004-04-03, 16:45   Link #29
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
yeh...im not a fan of them too
the ball being as big as the rx78?
o.0
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 18:28   Link #30
Rooster

Quote:
If you have a GameCube, I'd pick up the Naruto 2 game on the GC instead, because the PS2 version of that game is basically the GC Naruto 1.
Is it exactly like Naruto 1 or does it have the other characters in it that they added in for Naruto 2.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 20:23   Link #31
stsaturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
You're talking about this Gundam Seed game right?

http://www.netjak.com/review.php/389

Um...I'd stay away from that one by the looks of it.

If you have a GameCube, I'd pick up the Naruto 2 game on the GC instead, because the PS2 version of that game is basically the GC Naruto 1. If you have a GBA, I really liked the Naruto Konoha Senki game. If you buy it on Ebay, though, ask the seller to make sure the "Save" function works.

I haven't played any of the Eva games...but FMA does look nice...I'll probably wait for the US release, though.

I bought GITS: SAC, and it's on its way over here from HK.

Anyway, you've had your turn...has anyone seen any info on these games:

Don't mind the links, I don't work for them, and they're obviously not associate credit links...I just happen to know Lik-Sang has the game in stock.

Fu-un Shinsengumi PS2:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=4021&

Generation of Chaos IV:
(By the looks of it, I am ALL over that.)
http://www.the-magicbox.com/Mar04/game030404g.shtml

Shin Sangokumusou Empires:
http://www.the-magicbox.com/Feb04/game021704a.shtml

Crimson Tears:
http://www.the-magicbox.com/Mar04/game030304a.shtml

I sold a bunch of my old imports, and I was looking to get newer ones. I'm trying to figure out which I shell out for and which I wait on...

Gundam Seed is a good game I wouldent trust reviews that much, you shold at least try it before you choose not to buy it. Also that review was a little inaccurate if you ask me.

Does anyone know if the Gundam X or any gundam from Gundam X has ever been in a video game. If it has please tell me, I have been looking forever.
stsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 21:43   Link #32
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsaturn
Gundam Seed is a good game I wouldent trust reviews that much, you shold at least try it before you choose not to buy it. Also that review was a little inaccurate if you ask me.

Does anyone know if the Gundam X or any gundam from Gundam X has ever been in a video game. If it has please tell me, I have been looking forever.
Yes in SD G Generation Seed--It's not a prominent feature, but the following are available in the "Generation Mode," which allows you to put together your Gundam dream team

Note: These English spellings are converted directly from it original Katakana on this site: [Japanese] SD Gundam G Generation Seed Strategy

Gundam X, Gundam DX, Gundam Leopold and AirMaster
Gundam Belfergo
Gundam Vasargo, and Vasargo CB
Gundam Ashutaron, and Ashutaron HC

Hope that helped^^
Old 2004-04-05, 13:34   Link #33
stsaturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
Yes in SD G Generation Seed--It's not a prominent feature, but the following are available in the "Generation Mode," which allows you to put together your Gundam dream team

Note: These English spellings are converted directly from it original Katakana on this site: [Japanese] SD Gundam G Generation Seed Strategy

Gundam X, Gundam DX, Gundam Leopold and AirMaster
Gundam Belfergo
Gundam Vasargo, and Vasargo CB
Gundam Ashutaron, and Ashutaron HC

Hope that helped^^
Is it a action game like Gundam feds vs zeeks on PS2 or is it a stratigy like Gundam Online for Dreamcast? Basically do I need to know japanese to play it.

Thanks for the info.
stsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 15:05   Link #34
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Is it exactly like Naruto 1 or does it have the other characters in it that they added in for Naruto 2.
It doesn't have the extra characters. If you wanna know all the differences, go to Gamefaqs.com and look at the character lists there.
Old 2004-04-08, 01:02   Link #35
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you have a GameCube, I'd pick up the Naruto 2 game on the GC instead, because the PS2 version of that game is basically the GC Naruto 1.
Umm what the hell... Two Naruto games, is the gameplay in both the same??? Is there any other things in the games besides beating each other??? Unlocks and stuff... How long is the game... Anyone actually play the game???
Old 2004-04-08, 03:48   Link #36
RichMan
????

You guys should really try GameFAQs.com

this website has every video game ever made listed.(with info, walkthroughs, secrets/codes/reviews/boards for each game)
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 14:07   Link #37
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan

this website has every video game ever made listed.(with info, walkthroughs, secrets/codes/reviews/boards for each game)
Not every game. But in general it will have all the info you need.

Plus, you'll never have to buy a strategy guide again. I always head there when I pick up a complex game in Japanese, so I can figure the game out.
Old 2004-04-08, 14:12   Link #38
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Quote:

Its has no pictures =/
Old 2004-04-08, 16:09   Link #39
RichMan
????

Quote:
Its has no pictures =/
Yeah, when you go to info of a game then usually near the bottom you'll see links that say screenshots, videos, etc(it links to gamespot)
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 20:30   Link #40
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsaturn
Is it a action game like Gundam feds vs zeeks on PS2 or is it a stratigy like Gundam Online for Dreamcast? Basically do I need to know japanese to play it.

Thanks for the info.
I just got this game from my friend in hk 2 weeks ago ^^
no it's strategy, sort of like Super robot war
but in g generation you get to develop whole bunch of MS (ex. combining 2 MS together) train and build your own team

I think you will need to know at least a few japanese words in order to play it, but mostly in the game they are kanji like "move, attack, confirm, develop, manufacture, etc" usually after you played for a while, you will most likely to remember what the commands are for ^^b and that's how most people who don't know japanese deal with games like this
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote