AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 15:21   Link #1341
marvelB

^That's pretty much the same idea I had, as well. Whether or not the deed is done by Hisoka or Pariston's army of super-ants, the hunter HQ is very likely to become a fountain of blood once this election is decided. If so, I at least hope that any marked zodiacs go down fighting instead of the usual random quick deaths.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:45   Link #1342
Key Board
Donut

I think Killua is the one single character Togashi can't kill in HxH

at least not until he decides to end HxH
Old 2012-01-18, 06:40   Link #1343
marvelB

Welp, I hunted down some more spoilers:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-19, 00:09   Link #1344
_Riku_

Another great chapter!

Got a feeling that Pariston will tell his voters to vote for either either Mizaistom or Cheadle.

If he'd "given" his votes to any of them, there's a high possibility that some of that persons voters will "stay" with their candidate instead of voting for Leorio, and in that case that person would win.
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 06:02   Link #1345
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Man, Leorio was living the dream while Gon and Killua were going through hell. Drinking, jacking off, banging chicks, trolling on the internet...

His speech was really heartfelt. I can see why he'd gather even more supporter after this. Now, let's see what Pariston's got up his sleeves.
Old 2012-01-19, 06:20   Link #1346
Key Board
Donut

please don't go on a hiatus
Old 2012-01-19, 08:33   Link #1347
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Very good chapter but I wasn't blown away (as it was with most previous chapters in the current arc). It's to be expected though since it's only a foretaste of what's coming.

Firstly, I was surprised that Cheadle decided to give her votes to Leorio, especially after hearing what Mizaistom said. It just didn't make sense, she should have known that Leorio's goal wasn't to become a chairman if only because she heard his conversation with Ging. So she did it only to impress/surprise Ging and Parriston, what a stupid bitch... Her reasoning was, "hey, I bet you wouldn't expect THAT" without giving it much more thought which was just stupid. It would only make sense if she was losing big time but with Mizaistom's votes and high probability of Leorio doing the same as Mizaistom (and if not, doing that when only 2 candidates would remain and Miza's support assured that Cheadle would be one of the two) it didn't. Especially since she had the unique chance to discredit Parriston in front of everyone and talk about missing hunters for example. Last I checked accusing some hunter of atrocities wasn't forbidden and what could Parriston do? Sue her? Only after the election when she already would be a chairman but the damage would be done. Of course it could have the opposite effect and intimidate some of the hunters but it's highly unlikely because of the nature of hunters who in general are confident and fearless, at least until they really know who they're up against and I doubt Parriston would show his true power to them. And let's be honest, he doesn't look intimidating at all, in fact he looks like a sissy. It might help him when dealing with his opponents most of the time (since he's being underestimated) but not in that situation. Not to mention that any fishy move would trigger a response from the rest of the zodiacs who (combined) are much more powerful than him.

IMO saying that Parriston would be ready for it would have no basis, because if he was ready for Cheadle who would have majority of votes with Leorio's support, Leorio with everyone's support wouldn't be much different. I don't see how someone like Leorio could screw him more than Cheadle with Miza's (and basically every zodiac's) support. Now, if I were Parriston I would use this situation and go with the flow saying "it went long enough so the choice is simple. Vote either on Leorio or on me" (mentioning Leorio first is deliberate). If he won - great. If he didn't, Leorio would be much easier to manipulate or to get rid off than Cheadle or Miza. I just don't see what would stop him from killing him, creating chaos and wait until day X. Before the investigation would conclude (or even start, something like that would create a shitstorm) and before next election could begin it would be too late. Without having enough time Parriston would probably still be in charge and that would be just perfect for him. That's assuming of course that no clue would point to him but I think he's intelligent enough to even make Leorio disappear. With Netero something like that (i.e. assassination) wouldn't work since he was too strong and to kill him you would need a blast of the same power as rose's blast for that (or poison him). With other zodiac's it would be easier but still very difficult but with Leorio!?
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 10:25   Link #1348
marvelB

Ah ha...! Once again Leorio owned this storyline! Loved that speech of his. But as much as I want him to win the election, I really can't help but feel that Pariston will pull some off some kind of upset and win at the very last second (at least, if all hunters in attendance don't get killed first)....

Also, what Illumi said about Alluka this chapter makes me want to resurrect my theory about Pariston taking advantage of her power, especially since her ability could even be used to eliminate his army of super-ants (regardless of Killua's intention of making Gon's revival his final wish).
Old 2012-01-19, 10:53   Link #1349
christinemarie
Crazy One

I knew Ging planned Leorio to take the stage since he noticed Leorio's resolve.

Worst scenario next chapter...
Spoiler for this could become EPIC if the following situation would happen:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 11:20   Link #1350
kakakka

Pariston might play the same card as the Cheadle and Mizaistom. He is not there to win or lose; just to manipulate people to his enjoyment. If he sends some of his votes to Miza, it can crush Cheadle's and Miza's plan.

If he sends his votes to Leorio, he can find a way to manipulate him. He can play on to Leorio's feelings and go to Gon right now to show his "sincerity". Then there's also a chance for him to know about Alluka.

If he sends vote to Cheadle, it'll only disgust Cheadle.

And there's an option of him deciding on his own and just send in the ants. But tbh, I am feeling that Ging has more in connection with the ants than Pariston. Hmm. The "hunt" he was talking in the beginning bothers me; it's not just the election process he's talking about, but there might be more to that (of course, only if he is the one that has the ants)
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 22:02   Link #1351
upiro

Hunter x Hunter is on a roll!! I canít believe that Iím saying this but for the last several weeks, Iíve been looking forward to Hunter x Hunter more than even One Piece!

Looks like next week will be quite a climatic chapter. Like everyone else, Iím curious to know what Pariston will do to turn things around. Heís already proved himself to be an interesting person. Someone who plays the Game skilfully and who understands the nuances of his opponentsí character but doesnít really care about winning. Looks like he can be beaten only by another equally eccentric person such as Ging.

Speaking of Ging, that guy is pretty impressive too. Since that punch he received from Leorio, heís been trying to get that aspiring doctor to become the Chairman. Dude certainly thinks far ahead and in a very unconventional manner. No wonder even the other Hunters, a group of people whoíre supposed to be highly imaginative problem solvers, are in awe of him.
upiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 00:03   Link #1352
Key Board
Donut

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
I knew Ging planned Leorio to take the stage since he noticed Leorio's resolve.

Worst scenario next chapter...
Spoiler for this could become EPIC if the following situation would happen:
It's unlikely Pariston would need the Troupe for that. The phantom troupe weren't anywhere near that cocoons. Remember that the fake queen attacked Shooting Star City. The Troupe did not invade the palace

Healing Gon using a remover is impossible. The nen remover said she could not handle Gon's condition.
Kuroro being in the one in the bed, though.. THAT is something I can see Togashi doing

Otherwise, no. I don't see Kuroro being anything related to X day.
Old 2012-01-20, 01:07   Link #1353
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Let this thought GO INTO TOGASHI'S MIND PLEASE! NO HIATUS NO HIATUS
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 08:09   Link #1354
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^You guys are going to jinx us. Now that I think about it, it's been years since Togashi released so many chapters in a row. Maybe he's better now. I can only hope so.
Old 2012-01-20, 08:28   Link #1355
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
^You guys are going to jinx us. Now that I think about it, it's been years since Togashi released so many chapters in a row. Maybe he's better now. I can only hope so.
"According to Weekly Shonen Jump vol.7, Togashi Yoshihiro has renewed his record of the consecutive publications of Hunter x Hunter. He has published the manga for 21 consecutive issues since August 8th 2011. The previous record of 20 issues was accomplished from January 2010 to June 2010. The longest hiatus for 79 issues was made from February 2006 till October 2007."

Rankingwise, it's doing poorly. Not even once in the first half of WSJ for normal chapters (no cover / color) during this streak.
I have read in the anime thread that HxH doesn't appeal to the young anymore and it's mostly the old fans watching it now. It appears to be the same for the manga... It's just like Bleach now.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:23   Link #1356
marvelB

^Of course, there's a huge difference in that Hunter, unlike Bleach, is actually..... y'know, good.

That being said, hopefully Miura will take a leaf out of Togashi's book and actually release more than 4-5 Berserk chapters a year, as has been the case for the last few years....
Old 2012-01-20, 12:37   Link #1357
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
"According to Weekly Shonen Jump vol.7, Togashi Yoshihiro has renewed his record of the consecutive publications of Hunter x Hunter. He has published the manga for 21 consecutive issues since August 8th 2011. The previous record of 20 issues was accomplished from January 2010 to June 2010. The longest hiatus for 79 issues was made from February 2006 till October 2007."

Rankingwise, it's doing poorly. Not even once in the first half of WSJ for normal chapters (no cover / color) during this streak.
I have read in the anime thread that HxH doesn't appeal to the young anymore and it's mostly the old fans watching it now. It appears to be the same for the manga... It's just like Bleach now.
I don't think HxH even tries to appeal to the young. Chimera Ant act in particular is very brutal and heart-sinking. It is clearly geared towards a more mature age group.

HxH also has the benefit of not having to worry about the ranking. It is going to stay around if he wants to draw. It gives Togashi the freedom to draw what he wants.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 15:48   Link #1358
Key Board
Donut

HxH doesn't have to worry about rankings because tankouban sales are usually good

from last year

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...king-july-4-10

granted, it fails to capture the new younger target audience, but it doesn't have to.
Old 2012-01-20, 16:35   Link #1359
Rahan

That's why I said it was like Bleach. Both have really bad rankings compared to their sales.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 16:58   Link #1360
Key Board
Donut

off topic, but didn't it start the same time as Naruto?

Technically they should have the same age group target audience

But Naruto is still doing well in the polls

Honestly though, to my understanding most of these voters are fickle 4th to 8th graders

Tags
hiatus x hiatus, overpowered villain