AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 12:01   Link #1381
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
No, I don't think the series is gonna be over. I mean we still have a couple of unanswered questions like where is Kurapika and the Phantom Troop.

I know, I was joking. Even Togashi wouldn't be foolish enough to wrap up the series with all those loose ends dangling around....

Anyhoo, the chapter's out now. I loved Leorio's reaction to seeing the recovered Gon. And as expected, Pariston figured out that Gon was healed and used that fact to his advantage. But now is Gon going to run against the zodiacs for the chairman spot (though I still wished that Leorio won)....?

And I wonder where Killua went to? I was sorta hoping that he'd let Alluka become BFFs with Gon, but I guess that won't be possible as long as his family (particularly Illumi) has a say in it. And where the heck did Hisoka go since he went on that killing spree a few chapters back? So many questions.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 12:10   Link #1382
kakakka

About Pariston's thinking, Togashi's really stretching it LOL.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 12:54   Link #1383
noktown

I hope nothing stupid like Ging running away will happen in the next chapter cuz it's getting repetitive,I just want them to have a conversation like a Father and Son.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 13:18   Link #1384
mrShady

Nice chapter. The build up to it was great and the end result awesome.
However you guys seem to forget that Gon is incredibly stubborn. Remember that he was stubborn enough to reject his hunter status because he didn't feel he deserved it. Only because he didn't win his Hanzo fight... And now he meets Ging without having to do anything for it... I doubt he'll accept it. I think he's going to turn away or give Ging a chance to bail out.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 14:24   Link #1385
christinemarie
Crazy One

Gon would avoid meeting him since that would END the series unless Togashi pull ONE PIECE on us. This chapter explains me what Pariston's mind like, Pariston will also support Gon to become the next chairman since he has other ISSUES (likely the desire to know who is the one responsible for healeing Gon and the X Day is delayed thanks to Alluka.) to deal with. Gon has befriended a lot of people already from the Hunter organization so that would make the transition easier, I wonder if Gon has become more powerful after he recovered. (Sort of Saiyan-like feature.)

I expect the consequence of Killua's actions is to stay with Alluka forever as the cost of healing Gon. Thus, even Gon meets his father, he still needs to meet his friend Killua, expecting the loudmouth Leorio spills the bean or some nen-user in that area with Piccolo-like ears to know that fact and even Kurapika.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:48   Link #1386
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I wonder if something happened to Killua/Alluka because of this. And I wonder how things will go between Gon and Ging. I doubt it will be anything heartwarming though, considering Ging's personality But I will be mad if they dont end up meeting, after so long. I'm sure Togashi can think of other things Gon and co. can do after that, hopefully with Kurapika in the picture this time... I know Kurapika is busy with his work, but I still dont get how he couldnt visit Gon on his death bed.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:48   Link #1387
Vicious108

Uh, Killua has been planning to leave Gon's side for ages now and had long since settled for doing it after bringing him back to life. The entire Chimera Ant arc was about creating a gap between the two. Of course he's nowhere in sight now, and he plans to keep it that way (though obviously Gon and co. will try and get him back once again eventually).
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 16:27   Link #1388
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Wow, even I got misty-eyed a bit seeing Gon in his full splendor (;_; ). It's interesting how much pull Gon's actually got in the Hunter organization. I didn't know he was THAT well-loved.

I think I agree with mrShady here; that Gon isn't really going to have much of a convo with Ging, not to the degree he wants. I also think that shifting the focus of the story to "finding Ging" to "finding Killua" would be a good transition for the story, though the thought of not having Killua around kinda saddens me(he is Gon's 'other half' after all =03).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 17:01   Link #1389
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The color page was freaky~~

It's good to see Gon so healthy, both in body and spirit. I assume Morau told him Kaito is still alive. I wonder if he's truly made a complete recovery or if his recent ordeal affected his nen. It sucks that Gon didn't get to meet Alluka, and that he won't even know that it was thanks to Killua that he was healed (unless Leorio can't keep his mouth shut).

Can't wait for the next chapter. The father/son reunion is going to be awkward.
Old 2012-02-01, 18:34   Link #1390
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Wow, even I got misty-eyed a bit seeing Gon in his full splendor (;_; ). It's interesting how much pull Gon's actually got in the Hunter organization. I didn't know he was THAT well-loved.
I don't think he is, people are just caught up in the moment. The same people who were about to make Leorio the chairman.

Anyway, hasn't Gon already lost the election? It didn't say anywhere that being in a coma exempted you.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 09:35   Link #1391
leokiko

Wtf? That was rather anti-climatic, I didn't want Gon to find Ging so soon.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 09:45   Link #1392
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think he is, people are just caught up in the moment. The same people who were about to make Leorio the chairman.

Anyway, hasn't Gon already lost the election? It didn't say anywhere that being in a coma exempted you.
He has, but I thought that whole "root for Gon" syndrome that happened at the Hunter Exam finals and Celestial Tower vs Hisoka would, y'know, make people not care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
This is HxH. I really didn't expect some sappy reunion or anything, and I think he's been through enough. Besides, not even the best of the best Hunters can find Ging when he leaves; Gon would probably be searching for him the rest of his life(or Ging's life) lol.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 12:15   Link #1393
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post

So soon? Gon already deserved to find him after Greed Island. Ging's reasoning for sending him somewhere else was pretty lame.

I admit it would be easier to have them not meet though, in terms of continuing the manga as it has been. But maybe it is time for the "find Ging" story to end to open some new options for future stories.

(it could also mean the manga is ending, but I hope not)
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 13:44   Link #1394
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

With so many loose ends yet to be resolved, I cannot see HxH ending even if Gon talks to his dad. And really, after winning in GI and going through the brutal Chimera Ants arc, it's hard to argue that Gon does not deserve to see his dad. I for one am looking forward to the awkward conversation between them.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 15:34   Link #1395
Vicious108

Gon finding Ging was simply the initial hook of the series, which has long since become bigger than that and will obviously go way beyond it.

And I suspect there's even a chance Gon may refuse to go talk to Ging since
1) He might want to find him himself (he refused to have Kite reveal Ging's location to him).
2) Killua's not by his side so the dream meeting Gon's envisioned all this time cannot occur.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 16:03   Link #1396
marvelB

Yeah, I'm pretty much with Endless Twilight on this one. The scope of the series grew way beyond Gon's search for his dad a loooooong time ago. Plus as me and others already mentioned, there's too many loose ends like Killua dealing with his family, Kurapica's revenge against the Ryodan, Jairo, etc..... no way can I see the series ending without addressing all those issues beforehand. And frankly, I'd like to think that Togashi wouldn't end the series on such a rushed, sloppy note like he did with YYH.....
Old 2012-02-06, 21:42   Link #1397
White Silver King
The Isley

I started reading Hunter X Hunter last week and I just got to the end of the Ant Saga.

Oh. My. God. Meryem and Komugi's death was the saddest thing I have ever seen - it actually made me cry, which is a first for any type of fiction ever (movies, books, manga, tv, etc). Those 5 pages of them talking in the dark while playing Gungi and then the end alone made this the best work of fiction, not just manga, I've ever read. Togashi is a genius.
Old 2012-02-07, 10:51   Link #1398
marvelB

New spoilers are out early this week:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-07, 16:44   Link #1399
kakakka

Some people said Pariston....
Spoiler for spoiler:

Also...

Spoiler for kite:

I can see the Pariston spoiler as probable, but the one about Kite, I am not sure.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 08:12   Link #1400
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Spoiler for 335:

Tags
hiatus x hiatus, overpowered villain