AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-10, 06:11   Link #861
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
It didn't work the first time because of the watertight doors. Now Fam and Gisey know what to expect.
And Tatiana and co. know it too, rendering the point moot. There's many ways they can cover this weakness now that they know it's expoitable, after all.

On another note, this episode was a mixed bag for me. I liked all the action in the second part, but all the cutesy moe thing going on in the first part seemed a bit out of place for me. All in all, I was a good episode. I only hope it'll get a bit more serious along the way.
Old 2011-11-10, 07:29   Link #862
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I enjoyed watching the girls having dinner as a family. I did enjoy the tender moments Millia and Fam spent bonding and discussing what to do with the Sylvius. But, I feel a little remorsed, because I secretly desired for Fam failing to capture the Sylvius.
Where did Fam succeed in capturing the Silvius? The episode I watched showed her and Giselle prisoner on the bridge at the end. They also almost drowned....

Spoiler for manga adaptation ch. 5 spoiler:

Also, next 4 episode titles:
ep5: Touch and Move
ep6: Over step (haven't found anything about this one)
ep7: Weak square
ep8: Distraction
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 10:19   Link #863
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
To be honest, I wasn't so sure about the voice Yuuki Aoi was using here at first myself. It seemed too artificial or something. But now I think of it as unique rather than odd, and it is working for me, bringing out her nature and feelings.

Ao-chan has said she thinks of Giselle as Fam's "wife," but also as the third character, and sees her role as supporting the relationship between Fam and Milia. She said she was thinking back to how other seiyuus had supported her in some of her roles, and trying to do as they did.

Great catch about all the Madoka Magica seiyuus on board. But I don't see Nonaka Ai (Kyouko in MadoMagi).

That curious i didnt get that feeling at all when i first heard her voice. I never thought of it as artificial but strangely captivating in a way like you cant stop listening to what she says.
Old 2011-11-10, 14:11   Link #864
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Ao-chan has said she thinks of Giselle as Fam's "wife," but also as the third character, and sees her role as supporting the relationship between Fam and Milia. She said she was thinking back to how other seiyuus had supported her in some of her roles, and trying to do as they did.
I rather like Fam x Millia, but I realy hope Fam doesn't forget her wife either. I really do wish FamXMilliaXGisey comes true. I wonder, back in 2003, did the seiyuus actively ship their characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
That curious i didnt get that feeling at all when i first heard her voice. I never thought of it as artificial but strangely captivating in a way like you cant stop listening to what she says.
Honestly, if Gisey's voice isn't right, I don't know what is. I just love it.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 10:35   Link #865
azarhal

Quote:
I wonder, back in 2003, did the seiyuus actively ship their characters?
Somehow I doubt they did. There wasn't any real "romance" to ship in it or they appear late in the series.
Old 2011-11-11, 16:30   Link #866
arkeid

Just watched ep. 5.
Seems that guild engineer from Silvana that mainained engine now works on Sylvius.
Spoiler for just spoiler)):
arkeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 16:38   Link #867
DangerMouse

Quote:
Honestly, if Gisey's voice isn't right, I don't know what is. I just love it.
Yeah her voice has worked really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkeid View Post
Just watched ep. 5.
Seems that guild engineer from Silvana that mainained engine now works on Sylvius.
Spoiler for just spoiler)):
Haha, awesome to hear, he may have been relatively minor in screen time but it's damn cool to have the old engineer back.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 17:19   Link #868
KoroshiyaX
X

Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 20:01   Link #869
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Spoiler for This episode!:

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2011-11-11 at 20:27.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 20:52   Link #870
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Spoiler for This episode!:
She's trying to help out, even though I have no big problems with it, mostly. She obviously can't look to be a mechanic (already done in the first series with Lavie), but I think they could have/could go (since Alis' remark and Fam and Gizelle's reaction might mean a switch up next ep or soon) with something better than ~maid~? I quite like the idea of Millia taking acoustic listening lessons from Cecily or something, for example (Cecily is sort of adorbs).

As for the ep as a whole, loved it and I really can't wait for a translation. *_* Lots of taking and discussion and speeches.

Spoiler for \o\:
Old 2011-11-11, 21:48   Link #871
Kumoenvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwaltzing View Post

Spoiler for \o\:
Agreed! I love that they were playing chess =D

Cannot wait for the translation! Despite not understanding much, I can already tell that this episode seems really good~ Initially in the first series I didn't really like Tatiana all that much as everyone else here on the board, but in this series with more responsibility and what I feel is more maturity, I've gotten to like her a lot.
Kumoenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 07:18   Link #872
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 5:

Spoiler for Episode 5:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 07:53   Link #873
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ep5:
Old 2011-11-12, 19:30   Link #874
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Spoiler for \o\:
took awhile to find him..... 18:23

thought he still might be with Silvana
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 02:35   Link #875
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Episode 5:
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Maybe falling back on something her old servants told her lol. As a princess she must have had a few maids I'd guess heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumoenvy View Post
Agreed! I love that they were playing chess =D

Cannot wait for the translation! Despite not understanding much, I can already tell that this episode seems really good~ Initially in the first series I didn't really like Tatiana all that much as everyone else here on the board, but in this series with more responsibility and what I feel is more maturity, I've gotten to like her a lot.
Having them play chess again is so awesome.

Sounds great, I liked Tatiana before as she developed and was always hoping we'd see the next stage of her growth and ep 4 started that off nicely and I can't wait to see more of her and Alister in the latest ep.

Quote:
She's trying to help out, even though I have no big problems with it, mostly. She obviously can't look to be a mechanic (already done in the first series with Lavie), but I think they could have/could go (since Alis' remark and Fam and Gizelle's reaction might mean a switch up next ep or soon) with something better than ~maid~? I quite like the idea of Millia taking acoustic listening lessons from Cecily or something, for example (Cecily is sort of adorbs).

As for the ep as a whole, loved it and I really can't wait for a translation. *_* Lots of taking and discussion and speeches.

Spoiler for \o\:

Yeah it's hard to describe but the details essentially made me not have a big problem with it either, mostly, since her trying to helpful was so strongly behind it but I'll still be a bit fair since I usually nitpick other shows for forcing bits like this so just like you I agree it could have easily been done without having to stick her in a maid outfit since that kind of fallback is not necessary for a show that's this good even for an ep where she's searching for a way to be useful on this kind of ship, but it still doesn't seem as bad as it could have been since the results don't seem to play out quite like the typical fanservice due to her actual motives, a tame maid outfit, her lines, and the non-reactions to it, and it really kind of looks like it instead comes off as her trying way too hard since she's basically got no useful skills at the moment which is quite respectable and as such adds to her character, so I guess I don't feel as bad about it as I might especially with Fam and Giselle laughing at her for it (and her dropping the outfit back to the flight gear) at the end like you say and yeah hopefully they'll switch it up to some more productive "career path" starting next ep.

Sounds like a great ep overall.

Spoiler:

Unrelated to anything but more great new music,
Spoiler:

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-11-13 at 05:25.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 06:10   Link #876
ookamigirl

Fam so doesn't look 16 at all! A bit weird.
The story is developing really slow and it's kinda starting to annoy me.
The flying around parts were actually pretty interesting and so was the ending.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 06:53   Link #877
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
The story is developing really slow and it's kinda starting to annoy me.
We're at episode five, and if anything (aside from the little aside with Milia) things seem to be slowly building momentum. My guess is we'll likely see movement (major or otherwise) by episodes 7-9 (in the first series, this is where the Horizon Caves race took place).
Old 2011-11-13, 10:32   Link #878
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Heh. Well a de facto head of state is still head of state wherever they may be, even if it's just a bunch of rooms in a skyship. Fam and Giselle's plan worked because of good planning and that the guy is a grade A dumbass.

Blog post tomorrow.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 11:51   Link #879
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I'm not worried, it's only episode 5. If anything, this series is one episode ahead of its predecessor. In the first Last Exile, episode 5 was when Claus and Lavie first make it aboard the Silvana.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 12:59   Link #880
azarhal

Sub out!

Spoiler for Ep 5:

Tags
adventure, science fiction