AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 05:53   Link #1081
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
You still hope that it turns out better as it goes through, but rarely there is a series can recover from an episode like this, plot-wise at least

Look what I like here is not the intricate and breath-taking storytelling (say Nitro+ or TM), and appreciate the absence of LULZ-plots (Horizon, Mirai Nikki... To aru fits here too). What I appreciate is the excellent chemistry between the characters*, the humour (however low it gets), and the choreography of the action scenes (occurring once per cours in shounen shows instead of once per episode here).

* The characters don't even have to be original to work in an original way... and given the hilarious concept it gives excellent opportunities to explore the cliches... read deconstruct them
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 07:51   Link #1082
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
A wallpaper you guys could use
1280x720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
The eye catch for ep 6 is best one so far<3
Eh, really? Because the best eyecatch so far is this one:

NAKED APRON MATSY AWHOOOOO
(There's a reason why I had to make the resolution small)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This is one adaptation where I don't really care how unfaithful this anime is to the source material. Unlike with Yumekui Merry, I'm actually entertained.
Quite true. I like what I see so far [read: legs ]. Sure, maybe some stuff was left out or changed, but the way things have gone so far, I can't think of the what-if's. (I've not read the novels)

Quote:
The extreme fanboys are pretty crazy through,got this below msg sent in though the reputation system. And i only made like 3 posts here last fortnight, 2 is within this page
It is unfortunate this thread is becoming rampant with those kind of responses. I do hope the mods keep an eye on things here as I quite literally took a leave of absence from this thread during the UmeUme slamming a few pages back. (it was definitely not fun)

Quote:

The boots always make me laugh. As far as I can tell, she didn't have them prior to her entrance into the Ben-to wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Absolutely.

But at this point, they're going to run out of girls to put in those Bento boxes.
You know, I brought this up a few days ago. But you know what? I'm going to answer my own question. It's true there's not enough girls to stick into the bento's (still wanting some Brunette), but I on the other hand do not mind if they re-use some of the girls, but with a new twist: IN SWIMSUITS!!!!!

Who's with me!??

Because why not. Ben-to continues the trend of the lucky #7 episode of fanservice goodness:
Spoiler for EPISODE 07:

Hmmmmm....
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-*Feel My Birthday 2016!
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
with my posts all these years!
XD
>My current sig is Yagami Ko from New Game!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 08:07   Link #1083
EroKing
Version Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
You know, I brought this up a few days ago. But you know what? I'm going to answer my own question. It's true there's not enough girls to stick into the bento's (still wanting some Brunette), but I on the other hand do not mind if they re-use some of the girls, but with a new twist: IN SWIMSUITS!!!!!

Who's with me!??
What about the ones with the fetish for maid uniforms and nurse outfits?

Preview for the next episode looks great. Should get a lot of material for ero gifs
Old 2011-11-17, 08:54   Link #1084
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
What about the ones with the fetish for maid uniforms and nurse outfits?
Let's leave those outfits for the Ben-to Wars surely it would look odd for them to fight in swimsuits (not that I wouldn't want to see that )

And..... The BluRay/DVD for volume 01 has some nice goodies:

Looks like the Eyecatches are set for a physical form

Hmmmmm....
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-*Feel My Birthday 2016!
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
with my posts all these years!
XD
>My current sig is Yagami Ko from New Game!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 09:57   Link #1085
Xagzan

Imagine if those eyecatches were placemats...

(they're not, right? That'd be too big to fit in a dvd case)
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 10:08   Link #1086
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Damn, that a lot of fan service...not that i'm complaning
Old 2011-11-17, 10:22   Link #1087
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Preview for the next episode looks great. Should get a lot of material for ero gifs
in the meantime...
Old 2011-11-17, 10:34   Link #1088
EroKing
Version Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
in the meantime...
My fav, the things I could do with that one
Old 2011-11-17, 17:16   Link #1089
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Hehe, I found this while scouring the internet.

Spoiler for Long gif:

Once again, I love Hana and her sneaky antics XD
Old 2011-11-17, 21:44   Link #1090
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
7 specific, why don't you add "setting in Japan" if you're going to be that general.

Seriously that's just pushing it, there's no way their fanbase would ever clash as they're just too different. You'll have better luck trying to compare Ben-To with Baka-Test.
I may have added that in, but it then will be too obvious that i'm not serious,isn't it?

Still I actually would like to make a survey to see how many % of this show fans like Index through
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
In that same episode, Satou beat the crap out of other veteran wolves and actually got his first laurel seal in the third battle. In the recent battle against the Monarch, while he was the final blow, Monarch basically knocked him down with a single blow. It's not as clear cut as you're trying to make out here, the powerlevels.

Things only stop making sense if you don't think about it for a bit and immediately start saying it doesn't make sense. What I'm more worried about not making sense is how the school can allow a club like that to exist or how cops didn't rush to a bloody scene or how people actually want long training episode arcs.

Sen was bleeding over herself and limping coming into the store and after the fight.
Fighting skills does not turn better that way through (by getting serious,understand the rules, etc). The main reasons that he was beaten up during the first several fights were because he showed the lack of reaction against coming threats. That obviously made him (looks) amateur in both street fight and martial arts, and this can't be learn unless you have intense training, exposure to fighting to carve it into your memory.

But then suddenly he can be reflex against any incoming punches and react with precise attacks. If he was so strong at the start, he will see Sen's (or any other wolfs) attacks coming, but simply don't know whether he should react (tried to block before being deal with by a finish blow perhaps). If he's not that strong, he will still got punched up and down, but can deal finish blow more effectively. But in this case, he actually goes from literally getting his ass kicked, to some fancy moves like jump or spin kick, which require great deal of balances and stretches or specific muscle develop

Once again it mostly due to adaptation, i don't think the LN can goes that detail, so the anime director just try to make him look cool with dodging punches and fancy skills
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Look what I like here is not the intricate and breath-taking storytelling (say Nitro+ or TM), and appreciate the absence of LULZ-plots (Horizon, Mirai Nikki... To aru fits here too). What I appreciate is the excellent chemistry between the characters*, the humour (however low it gets), and the choreography of the action scenes (occurring once per cours in shounen shows instead of once per episode here).

* The characters don't even have to be original to work in an original way... and given the hilarious concept it gives excellent opportunities to explore the cliches... read deconstruct them
Can you tell me more specifically which characters' chemistry you appreciated?

To say the truth i still do not fully understand your points. See, the problem with novel success based on characters' chemistry is, it tends to lost with adaptation. Anime tends to cut subtle conversation, movements, facial reactions to save budgets and screen time. And i believe only few anime has been success to portray characters as well as the successful novel.

So if it's not plot, or settings, or the unqiue casts, it's hard for the anime to achieve similar success

@totoum:
I took it with Grade 3 seriousness after ep1, but is adjusting down to 5 atm

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-11-17 at 21:58.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 21:52   Link #1091
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
I may have added that in, but it then will be too obvious that i'm not serious,isn't it?

Fighting skills does not turn better that way through (by getting serious,understand the rules, etc). The main reasons that he was beaten up during the first several fights were because he showed the lack of reaction against coming threats. That obviously made him (looks) amateur in both street fight and martial arts, and this can't be learn unless you have intense training to carve it into your memory.

But then suddenly he can be reflex against any incoming punches and react with precise attacks. If he was so strong at the start, he will see Sen's (or any other wolfs) attacks coming, but simply don't know whether he should react (tried to block before being deal with by a finish blow perhaps). If he's not that strong, he will still got punched up and down, but can deal finish blow more effectively. But in this case, he actually goes from literally getting his ass kicked, to some fancy moves like jump or spin kick, which require great deal of balances and stretches or specific muscle develop

Once again it mostly due to adaptation, i don't think the LN can goes that detail, so the anime director just try to make him look cool with dodging punches and fancy skills

Can you tell me more specifically which characters' chemistry you appreciated?

To say the truth i still do not fully understand your points. See, the problem with novel success based on characters' chemistry is, it tends to lost with adaptation. Anime tends to cut subtle conversation, movements, facial reactions to save budgets and screen time. And i believe only few anime has been success to portray characters as well as the successful novel.

So if it's not plot, or settings, or the unqiue casts, it's hard for the anime to achieve similar success
I loled reading this serious analysis. In a series where your main power come from your stomach growl(hara no mushi or bugs of stomach) in Japanese, analyzing a character's strength by their reaction time is quite funny. I mean, we all know you grow weaker when you're hungry right? But they said that hunger is their source of power lol.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 22:36   Link #1092
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Still I actually would like to make a survey to see how many % of this show fans like Index through
Depends on what you count as 'fans', while I'm watching this show and generally don't have much bone to pick with it- I wouldn't call myself a fan of this series.

P.S - I like Index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I loled reading this serious analysis. In a series where your main power come from your stomach growl(hara no mushi or bugs of stomach) in Japanese, analyzing a character's strength by their reaction time is quite funny. I mean, we all know you grow weaker when you're hungry right? But they said that hunger is their source of power lol.
Technically it's one of those 'Last Burst of Fire' thing, and I've seen a crazy hungry man attack me (a good friend of mine, funny guy), but it's not meant to be used for a serious prolong fight
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 05:45   Link #1093
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Once again, I love Hana and her sneaky antics XD
I've been laughing at her for weeks with my friends @ her being a total freaking ninja.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 07:38   Link #1094
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Fighting skills does not turn better that way through (by getting serious,understand the rules, etc)....
I've trained under professional coaches and even I can be taken by surprise when I'm thinking far too much and not paying attention like during moments that I'm teaching over-aggressive newbies. We aren't talking about a super grandmaster here that has ingrained in him several decades of whatever where even if they're 80 years old, they can knock you down easily with just a walking stick. It's not even a pro fighter who has mastered the arts for decades, we're just talking about a guy who got trained by his dad. The most he has is a decade.

Besides, even taking the Satou is serious from the beginning argument, Sen and the Wizard are clearly on another level even against other veteran wolves in terms of talent, so you shouldn't use them as a comparison for the others that Satou can defeat. Whatever Sen and the Wizard can do to Satou, even if they're taking it easy, everyone else doesn't have the same level of ability to replicate. (And this should be common sense in shonen type battles that aren't exactly 1:1 with real life situations.)

You shouldn't really be taking this even seriously, but there are explanations for why he's like that.
Old 2011-11-18, 08:20   Link #1095
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Fighting skills does not turn better that way through (by getting serious,understand the rules, etc). The main reasons that he was beaten up during the first several fights were because he showed the lack of reaction against coming threats. That obviously made him (looks) amateur in both street fight and martial arts, and this can't be learn unless you have intense training, exposure to fighting to carve it into your memory.

The main "weakness" of Sato would be that he has little real experience in fighting. Unlike many martial artists who have formed an instinct of incoming attacks through constant use, Sato was more of a "knowledgeable and unapplicable" person before he started joining the fight. This is more of a combination of inexperience, naivety, and simple unpreparedness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Mind over matter
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 11:45   Link #1096
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Just this one particular episode. Episodes 1-5 were quite good focusing more on the comedy and the fanservice. Fights have godly animation. With Ume returning this week the ratings will most likely go up again.
oh crap, hell no....just when it was getting good. give me the twins already!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 13:57   Link #1097
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
oh crap, hell no....just when it was getting good. give me the twins already!
Those twins are full of win, btw. Also, there is no Ume in the preview so...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 14:02   Link #1098
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Twins in anime are always good...at least, they're always good in the animes i've seen :P
Old 2011-11-19, 13:13   Link #1099
Miraluka
Banned

Episode 07 is out!!

- The twins appear.
- Monarch's friend and Satou are giving homolust vibes there .
- Brunette's wardrobe malfuncion! te we don't get to see her face .
- Matsuba is officially a MILF.
- The attack of the pervert Satou, lol.
- Censoring in my Ben-to? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUARGH!!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 13:19   Link #1100
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Episode 07 is out!!

- Censoring in my Ben-to? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUARGH!!!!

What!? Censoring!? In Ben-To!?

This is not acceptable!

Tags
action, comedy, harem, light novel, shounen