AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-03-04, 20:35   Link #2161
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The magazine, it is published in, is Shounen though.

Ironically... the levi spin-off is in a Shoujo magazine.
Yep, the manga it's published in is Bessatsu Shounen.

With the Levi spin-off, clearly Kodansha understands who a good number of Levi's fans are.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 11:07   Link #2162
Kiltias

Shouldn't be long until the chapter is out.

Summary and pics are out.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 11:29   Link #2163
Breimoon

i did find summary but no pics yet.And it is not confirmed
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 11:31   Link #2164
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
i did find summary but no pics yet.And it is not confirmed
It is confirmed, and all images are out.

Not sure if I can post some here though.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 11:33   Link #2165
Breimoon

maybe found link, thanks for headsup

hell , armin is creepier than usual in this ch!!

Last edited by Breimoon; 2014-03-06 at 12:30.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 08:28   Link #2166
desrtsku
HNNNNG

So, we literally Game of Thrones now?
Old 2014-03-07, 08:32   Link #2167
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
So, we literally Game of Thrones now?
Attack on Thrones?!

...I'll see myself out.
Old 2014-03-07, 08:39   Link #2168
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Something wrong with the make up?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 09:19   Link #2169
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Can...can we go back to killing titans now?

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 09:45   Link #2170
desrtsku
HNNNNG

^ B-but how can you kill the titans correctly if the King and the government won't stop throwing a spanner in the works?
Old 2014-03-07, 09:50   Link #2171
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Can...can we go back to killing titans now?
No.

Cool plot twist this time round. Armin's plans are becoming more and more cold with each new chapter.
Old 2014-03-07, 10:32   Link #2172
misso

Spoiler for chapter 55:
misso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 11:23   Link #2173
desrtsku
HNNNNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by misso View Post
Spoiler for chapter 55:
Good questions. I don't think we can answer the ones about Reiss and the king right now, but it's possible to speculate about Erwin's question.
I believe it's something very "basic" like :

Spoiler for unanswered question:

And still related to that subject.

Spoiler for Isayama ... you sneaky bastard:
Old 2014-03-07, 12:50   Link #2174
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Something wrong with the make up?
Armin traumatized or something...? More like that panel had him look really ugly for some reason...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 14:16   Link #2175
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Armin traumatized or something...? More like that panel had him look really ugly for some reason...
It's the new "What is it, Eren?"
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 17:15   Link #2176
HOLLOW08

Hajime san I have something to say to you ehem.....

Thank you for showing us who the real enemy of the story is.

And a quote from IMDB....

As Harvey Dent once said "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

I guess the good guy's have become bad < as Klaus would say heheheheheheh oh I feel great now, really really really happy.
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 18:20   Link #2177
Vvisions

Fun Facts and Fun Bets

Some Interesting Facts:

Reis = a latin (spanish, portuguese) word for Kings, for Reiss being Kingss

Cp.55 Dialogue: "In all of that, were people of royal descendents of families, that have reigned for over 2000 years. Their role was to be the symbol of prosperity for the people." -- Cp. 1 Title - "To you in 2000 Years."

During Cp. 54 Page 7, we can see Historia being mind altered by that mysterious woman - Cp. 55 Page 17 Erwin says "Just as easily the king governed over them, memories too are easily altered."

Historia = latin (spanish, portuguese) for History.

Cp. 55 Page 18 :

"Among those that could manipulate the titans, there are those that apparently can control a number of titans at once just by, for example, raising one's voice or so."

In Frank Herbert's Dune universe, there are a female order, wich by using a deep control of muscles and nuances in their own voices, can full control for a momentary period of time, other human beings. This ability it's called The Voice.

Historia had their memories altered only after words were spoken.

When Eren manifests for first time his ability to control other titans during Cp. 50, the area around his eyes display veins as when he is inside his titans form. Prior to this, he did not display any veins on that area. Indicating that this ability is related to his titans powers.

Cp. 55 pg. 19 - "It is a fact that mankind and titans are bilogicaly related. The titans might not be the only ones who are affected by the..." Eren's voice? Ability to be controlled?

Despite Mikasa being the last asian person known alive, there are many titans that have asian eyes.

When Eren shouted at Mikasa, when they were children, to fight in order to survive, something electrified her brain, making her fight back. The same happened during the Trost battle, when she had quited to fight, and just remembered Eren's voice, something happened inside her brain too.

Could it be that Eren has a real control over people's mind like the Unknown Woman?

My Personal Bets:

Based on the events of Cp. 55, I'm starting to think that Griesha was taken imprisioned or killed by gonvernment agents due to his advanced knowledge of titans and the biology envolved, as were done to all those pioneers that tried to bring innovations to the world or were "excessively inteligent". That would justify his missing, and would likely to refutate(?) the general idea of he being eaten by Eren, because if Eren had shifted, someone would have seen the steam and explosions related to shifting and deshifting act, and gonvernment agents would be tracking him before he could have joined the military.

And Griesha behaviour could be explained as both: he being in much pain due to all that happened, and knowing that he was being chased and had no time, and also could put in danger Eren, Mikasa and Armin.
So he had no time for much explanation, only time to do what he must.

More bets:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Vvisions; 2014-03-07 at 23:06.
Vvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 03:24   Link #2178
zibi88

About Mikasa well we dont know if eren had this titan power from birth or if he really is Grishas biological son and was not found or adopted when he was small.... like he got the assumed power injection 5years ago when wall maria fell, so it would be impossible for eren to control mikasa back there as they were small kids and eren did not get that injection.

Im basing of the assumption that the power of titans and manipulation of them comes along with that injection Grisha did to eren... but if the manipulation power comes from birth... and the titan body from the injection then we can assume that Eren might have altered mikasas mind a bit from "give up" to "fight to the end".... but here comes a problem :P Eren yelled so many times at mikas to not help him or not to interfare yet she is all clingy and possesive of him anyway (eren gave command but she does not obey or listen at all xD) maybe its the lack of control over it or deep down he wishes to have her close as she is the last of his family.

Hmm well if we look on lsat few chapters with the lady... maybe we can speculate that The black haired woman is the real queen and is from the Reiss family...her husband is the father of historia we saw... so historia is either her real daughter (but the hair colour doesnt match as both have black yet she has blond) or the father had a mistress on side (maybe she worked in the office) which would be the mother of historia who yelled that she "historia" shouldnt have been born... mostly becouse she had to leave the main house and live on a farm to hide the truth that the king has a child with some other woman and not the queen

Eren had the same flashback of her... which would point that maybe he too comes from such situation... like eren is the son of the Reiss guy (king... and historias father)... mother had to go to further regions of the wall to hide (like historia and the farm) and Grisha was working for the goverment like resercher looking over her and eren as well they are releated to the king anyways.

Different option is that the serum was made from the black womans blood so the power got a bit copied but is not perfect but like its said that cells can contain memories eren just has them as they come from different people...so maybe in the basement are informations that eren can be made the king :P

all speculation as we dont progress much in the story ^^ so not many mysterries solved so far.

Anyway I would like it if they kinda returned to the titans... maybe some RBY stuff since for last months its all about coup. and from attack on titan it turns into attack on humans ;/ at least make annie go out of the crystal for some story thrill ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 04:51   Link #2179
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Historia for the queen~! xD

And Eren would appoint as the king~! xD

Sorry, Ymir. But you might die in the process.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 06:45   Link #2180
HOLLOW08

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Historia for the queen~! xD

And Eren would appoint as the king~! xD

Sorry, Ymir. But you might die in the process.
That's just cold...why allow Ymir to die? She's one of the most important characters that means a lot to Historia! Right now Historia feels empty without her....imagine just how much she'd be if Ymir died! There'd be no reason for her to live anymore.
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote