AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 12:05   Link #2661
whitecloud

This week lesson from hunterxhunter for the kids at home....kids don't be as crazy/insane as gon...at anything that you do...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 12:17   Link #2662
HandofFate

Yea, don't see why they didn't just transport the wife into the game, and use archangel breathe on her.

Its not like you need to be able to use Nen to enter the game. Its the game's Nen that's working on you.
Old 2013-04-07, 12:21   Link #2663
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Yea, don't see why they didn't just transport the wife into the game, and use archangel breathe on her.

Its not like you need to be able to use Nen to enter the game. Its the game's Nen that's working on you.
Wasn't one of the conditions to get into the game channelling nen through the ring?
Old 2013-04-07, 12:43   Link #2664
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

You do, you need to use Ren on the video-game console.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 14:02   Link #2665
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Quite an astounding effect from Arcangel's Breath. I wonder whose Nen is that and why couldn't the billionaire guy find him to treat his lover (or just bring her to the GI like the Spiders did - surely you get a big enough time gap before being sent off the island to use one card on a person you've brought)...
It's not anyone's nen in particular. Razor mentioned a while ago that he's "in charge of emission" on Greed Island, so while it's reasonable to assume that someone else is in charge of each of the other categories, it's also not true that Razor can freely teleport people around or whatever other emission spells exist in the game.

The way I see it, the game itself is a huge restriction placed on a nen ability, and obviously a huge restriction like "can only be used on this island by other people who may or may be against me who've knowingly chosen to risk their lives against other players to find and collect every spellcard from one particular shop that sells only random packs and then converts all of them into another card of which only three can exist at any time" is going to make the effect proportionally larger. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy "in charge of reinforcement" didn't have any healing abilities at all. It's more like they're all pooling their power into a shared "Greed Island" ability that wouldn't work without all of them and its own conditions.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 14:06   Link #2666
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Gon isn't insane, he's beyond insane and gar. That breath card is pretty awesome. Don't see why they needed to heal them ans none of them are in life threatening conditions. Nice that they got 99 cards now. Seems like Hisoka was meeting with that guy, wonder if they worked out a deal. Interesting way to get the 0 card.
Old 2013-04-07, 18:55   Link #2667
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I thought it was a waste. I mean really those guys are pretty well fine. Gon was the only one who legitimately even needed to use it.
Bara was sure as hell not fine. He was as good as dead.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 19:05   Link #2668
Clarste
Human

Genthru took Gon's full punch to the gut. Gon's punch, which had been freaking everyone out in the volleyball game. I wouldn't be surprised if he was suffer massive internal hemorrhaging too. I see no reason not to take the character's word for it that not healing them would be equivalent to leaving them to die.
Old 2013-04-07, 19:05   Link #2669
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Bara was sure as hell not fine. He was as good as dead.
If he was as good as dead, then he sure as hell would have died before Gon actually got his fight finished.
Old 2013-04-07, 19:06   Link #2670
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
GAR to weight ratio
Might be the best line ever dude. Grats.
Old 2013-04-07, 19:23   Link #2671
kakakka

Quote:
If he was as good as dead, then he sure as hell would have died before Gon actually got his fight finished.
He does not need to die right away; not all serious damage to the head lead to quick death. Some effects could take a while to be noticed and it would be too late by then.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 19:52   Link #2672
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Genthru took Gon's full punch to the gut. Gon's punch, which had been freaking everyone out in the volleyball game. I wouldn't be surprised if he was suffer massive internal hemorrhaging too. I see no reason not to take the character's word for it that not healing them would be equivalent to leaving them to die.
I don't know whether Genthru managed to defend himself with aura, given how panicked he was. But knowing it's Gon (who doesn't have a killing intent), I believe he adjusted the power of his punch just enough to knock Genthru down.

Quote:
Bara was crippled. His face was dented inward due to Bisky's punch. Surely nobody wants to spend the rest of his/her life like that.

Anyone took an interest in the GI tutorial at the end of episode? It's a bit surprising that Killua can be quite a pervert, lol
Old 2013-04-08, 01:07   Link #2673
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I don't know whether Genthru managed to defend himself with aura, given how panicked he was.
He didn't die, so he probably defended himself.
Quote:
But knowing it's Gon (who doesn't have a killing intent), I believe he adjusted the power of his punch just enough to knock Genthru down.
Doubtful. Gon lacks the experience to hold back that precisely, and he was pissed. Plus, the consequences if he missed would have been dire, and he did say he was done being selfish.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 02:36   Link #2674
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He didn't die, so he probably defended himself.

Doubtful. Gon lacks the experience to hold back that precisely, and he was pissed. Plus, the consequences if he missed would have been dire, and he did say he was done being selfish.
Yeah, at least Genthru must've activated ten or ken at default.

I was talking specifically about Gon's last punch. He stopped being selfish after he landed his kick (he felt satisfied since he managed to repay Genthru's ability, at the cost of his arm). He followed through the plan, marked by his "Osu" yell after he said he was done being selfish.
Old 2013-04-08, 13:14   Link #2675
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Wasn't one of the conditions to get into the game channelling nen through the ring?
As demonstrated by the Spiders, you can reach the Greed Island via a boat. Pack her on one, and make Tsuzugera wait for the boat on the beach with a card ready - and while the GM is chit-chatting, use the delay to heal her. BTW, given that he actually asked something along the lines of "are you, by chance, victims of a shipwreck?" it is not impossible that he would've allowed to do it openly.

In the end, the fact that the billionaire didn't explain his motivations to the hunters he hired was his own undoing...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:48   Link #2676
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Was there a plausible reason why Bisky didn't fight Genthru instead of Gon? I mean besides from the shonen standard for Main Characters fighting the bad guy of the arc at the end?
Old 2013-04-10, 00:58   Link #2677
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Genthru's team had the initiative on who would fight whom. They assumed Gon was the leader because he's got the biggest mouth. (And the important cards...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 06:37   Link #2678
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
VA announced for the next arc, anyone translate please?

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-15597.html

Edit: nvm, ANN just came out with an article for it. That was fast.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...cast-announced
Old 2013-04-11, 10:38   Link #2679
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Genthru's team had the initiative on who would fight whom. They assumed Gon was the leader because he's got the biggest mouth. (And the important cards...)
Both of those reasons could have been manipulated by Bisky to make her appear as the leader.
Old 2013-04-11, 11:00   Link #2680
Clarste
Human

The anime seemed to de-emphasize this, but in the manga there was the implication that Genthru was accepting Gon's challenge from right after they finished the volleyball match. When Gon interrupted his Contact with Tsezuguerra. Killua and Biscuit's plans were structured around that challenge.

Maybe it seems a bit weird to think that Genthru would care about that so much, but then again he wasn't taking any of the kids seriously so he might have figured there was no reason not to.

Tags
action, shounen