AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 14 24.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-29, 21:58   Link #61
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yes, but I can understand Minchi wanting to force the issue; wanting to force Ohana to recognize that Tohru has a crush on her and for her to deal with it. Ohana's obliviousness was making a bad situation much worse for Minchi, so I can't fault Minchi at all for wanting to force the issue with Ohana.

Could she have forced it in a better and more effective way? Most definitely. But this much alone I'll let slide for Minchi.

However, it's simply insane to ask a girl to confess to a guy when she's explicitly telling you that she has a crush on a different guy.
I dunno, I can't let that slide. I can understand Minchi wanting to force the situation, but that's utterly selfish. I thought Tohru was remarkably gracious about the whole thing. I've had one-sided crushes that I was perfectly content to sit on because they were otherwise inappropriate/awkward (professor, co-worker, married, friend's brother ). I don't think I would have forgiven someone who blurted out a detail that private. Screw their intentions. Her motivation was her own pain, not Tohru's feelings.

It's Tohru's crush--expecting Ohana to take action because of it is completely unreasonable. Yes, Ohana is dense, yes, it can be irritating. But if the other person has a crush and isn't taking any steps to act on it, why is that her problem? Now, if this had been 20 episodes ago and Minchi was shouting about Ko, that'd be the sort of situation I could get behind. He confessed. The whole situation was definitely not optimal, but if you've been leaving someone hanging for weeks/months without at least coming to an understanding, that's not fair.
Old 2011-08-29, 23:37   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'd personally argue that demanding Ohana to go out with Tohru at all was unreasonable....
I think that was the point. Love had driven her crazy. She was out of control. I loved it. And I loved the fact that Tooru and Ohana helped her come down, each in their separate ways.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-08-30, 00:41   Link #63
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think that was the point. Love had driven her crazy. She was out of control. I loved it. And I loved the fact that Tooru and Ohana helped her come down, each in their separate ways.
Too bad it didn't drove her to Yandere mad, or better yet, some more actual dialogue, than DIE!
Old 2011-08-30, 02:47   Link #64
creaothceann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
I dunno, I thought the fight scene was pretty well animated.
I thought their motions looked too stiff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
I've had one-sided crushes that I was perfectly content to sit on because they were otherwise inappropriate/awkward ([...] friend's brother )
Awkward maybe, but not inappropriate.
Old 2011-08-30, 13:02   Link #65
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

The latter part of the episode, was well done, in my view. The speech was motivational, yet somehow emotional to a point.

The first half however, was so-so. Seeing Minko being pushy and in a way, 'bitchy' can get annoying after some time, so I'm glad it is resolved and hopefully her pushiness will tone down, alot. Its good that Tohru was sensible to not make the situation any more complicated.
Old 2011-08-30, 16:56   Link #66
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

You know it bothers me that Minko doesn't really face any reprocussions for the way she acted or what she's done thus far.

Hell, has she ever? Is there some retardo tsundere clause she falls under that exempts her from actually being punished or otherwise?

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-08-30, 21:06   Link #67
8thSin
*Fansubber

^ Tsundere always get special treatments because we like them

I didn't like how Minko was telling Ohana to go out with Tooru though. I mean yeah, you would want the best for the person you love, but the way she was trying to convince Ohana of all people just didn't feel natural.

Fortunately, it seems that's all over, and we can see some better character developments in the latter episodes.
Old 2011-08-30, 21:25   Link #68
jedinat

I'm annoyed that "Ko-chan" keeps being pulled back into the story, an utterly boring little twerp from back home... he really weakens Ohana's character. What's with this continual albeit occasional tepid "pining" on her part? Stopping every once in a while and thinking "Ah Ko-chan..." She has balls bigger than anyone else in the show; the parts where Ko-chan has been her "strength" are pretty much fabrications of her own (she does things that would embarrass any sane person out of their mind--yet she really needed those few generic words of encouragement from him? bleh). I am going to be really annoyed if she ends up with him in the end... or he comes back in a significant way at all, for that matter.
Old 2011-08-30, 22:21   Link #69
hoarfrost

Eh, It's kind of unfair to call a character boring who has had like a few minutes screen time in 2-3 odd episodes, almost always relating to someone else.

Criticise the writers if you will for not giving him enough characterisation to make the relationship worthwhile but it is unfair to assume with what little we have seen of him that he has no redeeming features.

I save my disdain for someone like Minko who has been given quite a bit of my attention yet has done very little to convince me that much has happened with her character during that time. Garbage in, garbage out they say.
Old 2011-08-31, 01:35   Link #70
jedinat

Differentiating between the character itself and how the character was written is kind of redundant/silly/pointless.
Old 2011-08-31, 14:08   Link #71
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Oh my god, Minko nonchalantly strips at the start of the episode!!! IMO writers should do more of Minko type of tsundere. I mean the "tsun" when she's being teased and "dere" when she is in front of her crush type because I'm getting tired of the usual super bitchy tsuderes than became rampant in this industry after NGE became a big hit. BTW its a good thing Tohru at least acknowledges Minko's feelings. Hopefully it will lead into a real romantic relationship. Minko X Tohru FTW!!!

Anyway so Kissui Inn will be closed after the festival and everyone will part ways and it seems like Ohana will return to Tokyo again. That ending is somewhat anti-climatic IMO. I just hope my prediction is false.
Old 2011-08-31, 14:21   Link #72
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Differentiating between the character itself and how the character was written is kind of redundant/silly/pointless.
Not how the character is written, rather how the story is written which either gives us a chance to see that character or not.

It's like complaining about how a side character or one-shot has little personality and development and claiming that because of this they cannot have meaningful relationships with main characters.
Old 2011-08-31, 14:53   Link #73
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Not how the character is written, rather how the story is written which either gives us a chance to see that character or not.

It's like complaining about how a side character or one-shot has little personality and development and claiming that because of this they cannot have meaningful relationships with main characters.
Right ^ Ko has a given stationary role thats been set-up and Ohana has been avoiding it till now.
Old 2011-08-31, 15:21   Link #74
shibakun

Hmmm, I find it rather interesting how every Shijima-no-onna (except Ohana) live longer than their partner in life (husband) lol. First Ohana's grandpa, now her dad is also deceased. What is with their bloodline and dying husbands lol.

Is this a sign that in the event that Ko and Ohana will hook up, Ko will be the first to hit the dust!? hahaha
Old 2011-08-31, 15:58   Link #75
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not only that, but they all die rather young. Is it the stress that gets to them?
Old 2011-08-31, 18:16   Link #76
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Ohana is going to marry Kissuiso. Guys are worthless. Ko is just a little punk from the city. Tohru is not a man.
Old 2011-09-01, 00:35   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not only that, but they all die rather young. Is it the stress that gets to them?
It's the curse of Okada - she loves to kill off guys and put them in dresses. Tohru will get his chance to be a trap before we're done.
Old 2011-09-01, 17:00   Link #78
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
Hmmm, I find it rather interesting how every Shijima-no-onna (except Ohana) live longer than their partner in life (husband) lol. First Ohana's grandpa, now her dad is also deceased. What is with their bloodline and dying husbands lol.
The females of this line extract the vital essence of their mates and put it into their female offspring. This kills the husband and produces powerful girls.

The transfer doesn't work to well for the male offspring though.
Old 2011-09-01, 23:16   Link #79
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Honestly, the Y chromosome leading to failure, jackassery, and bad luck makes me think they are related to the Bundys from Married with Children.

Oh wait... even the Bundys usually have more dignity than this.

To quote Dodgeball "It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there!"

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-02, 13:07   Link #80
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

As long as I see Ren x Tomoe, I will be happy
Closed Thread