AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-08, 05:42   Link #161
JediNight
キズランダム

Rea's voice is acceptable, but Chihiro feels like kinda a mismatch to me.

I was really hoping for Hiro Shimono as Chihiro, and Mamiko Noto as Rea. (Maybe Kanae Itou as the backup) Instead we got a newbie for Rea, and Shouma whose voice is too deep for him IMHO.

And look what came for me today, perfect timing
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 05:55   Link #162
Excorsism

Highlight of episode 1: Meromeromero.

Seems like a lot of zombie-related things these days...
Old 2012-04-08, 10:26   Link #163
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
A DEEN show that doesn't suck from the beginning? I-It's actually possible..? But yeah this episode screamed SHAFT (Chihiro's troll face a prime example), but I really like the main characters and the OP/ED are awesome.
This would have been perfect for SHAFT. They did mess up with the ending. That was so bad, the lights coming on. So silly.
Old 2012-04-08, 11:54   Link #164
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Some photoshop expert should really do the following:

Take head-shots of the male and female leads of this show, put them on a yellow butter container, and then add the words "I Can't Believe it's Not SHAFT!" on to the butter container.

Seriously, this show is incredibly SHAFT-y. It's the most SHAFT-y non-SHAFT show I think I've ever seen (yes, even more than Mawaru Penguin Drum).

Anyway, this reminds me a lot of Bakemonogatari, and that's a good thing. The male lead definitely has a Koyomi-esque charm to him, and the females in this show are Directed to moe perfection.

And to think... this is handled by DEEN of all studios!

Well, very nice and interesting first episode! The necro fetish is a bit weird, but hey, at least it's a different kind of weird for anime. I'll take this over Siscon No. 23508 any day.

8/10 for Episode 1.
Old 2012-04-08, 12:44   Link #165
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
For one thing, there aren't many times, heck none that I can remember at this moment, where there was comedic pedo/incest where the character actually meant it. In this case, the protagonist really has necrophilia, which aids the disturbance.
That, and well yeah, even if the character is underage or blood-related, I do find it better than a dead body.

That's as best, lolicon. It's not like the protagonist seriously loves Mayoi, much less because she is young.

Lolicon is the same as pedophilia

And like someone above said. Rea is like a normal person so his attraction to her isn't that weird. Anyway the guy is portrait more as a weirdo than serious necrophilia

but different strokes for different folks
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 12:58   Link #166
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

funny fact : Sanka Rea's VA has a role in latest ( unofficial ) super sentai : Akibaranger

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 13:13   Link #167
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post

And like someone above said. Rea is like a normal person so his attraction to her isn't that weird. Anyway the guy is portrait more as a weirdo than serious necrophilia
I'm not sure a zombie fetish really counts as necrophilia. I mean, he isn't attracted to actual corpses. He wants someone who moves, talks, thinks. And eats brains.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 13:36   Link #168
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not sure a zombie fetish really counts as necrophilia. I mean, he isn't attracted to actual corpses. He wants someone who moves, talks, thinks. And eats brains.
Zombies are undead so it is not necrophilia.
Old 2012-04-08, 14:07   Link #169
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

As long as she doesn't look like and act like an actual zombie then it should be fine. But then again, why would the MC be more attracted to her if she's actually nothing like a zombie (assuming he does become more attracted to her)?

To be completely honest though, when I said I was worried about possible borderline necrophilia, I was kinda half-joking.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-04-08 at 15:10.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 15:00   Link #170
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hrm ... well ... in all honesty when I first heard the OP I cringed inside ... sounded a lot like the main singer used throughout much of Hanasaku Iroha; I heartily disliked it there and dislike it here as well. The ED was not as bad though.

As for the content of the story. Well, I have never been interested in flesh eating zombie stories/genres at all specifically, nor "horror" themes in generally. So that is already a big minus for me, but the ep itself was not all that bad. I kinda like the male lead (despite the zombie hobby ), and both his father and sister. Also kinda like the female lead - Sanka Rea, that is.

But it kinda ends there - the rest is mostly head-scratching "Why am I exposing myself to this?" material, to be honest.

I am honestly not sure if I will give the next few eps a try or not, but I can at least say that ep 1 was not a total turnoff as much as something I have not interest to follow.
Old 2012-04-08, 16:02   Link #171
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hrm ... well ... in all honesty when I first heard the OP I cringed inside ... sounded a lot like the main singer used throughout much of Hanasaku Iroha; I heartily disliked it there and dislike it here as well.
It doesn't sound like the main singer - it is the main singer. nano.RIPE did both the Sankarea OP theme and most of themes for Hanasaku Iroha. Personally, I don't see what the issue is and why so many people dislike this particular artist (and I have a similar query regarding ALI PROJECT, to be honest) - though those queries are for another thread (probably on the music forum ).
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 16:06   Link #172
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
It doesn't sound like the main singer - it is the main singer. nano.RIPE did both the Sankarea OP theme and most of themes for Hanasaku Iroha. Personally, I don't see what the issue is and why so many people dislike this particular artist (and I have a similar query regarding ALI PROJECT, to be honest) - though those queries are for another thread (probably on the music forum ).
Thought so.

Well, folks have different personal tastes and all.

But thanks for affirming this for me.
Old 2012-04-08, 16:09   Link #173
JediNight
キズランダム

OP reminds me a bit of The Scanty (for the singer voice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkRoLRMjOZc
(Full Moon OP2)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 18:31   Link #174
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
But it kinda ends there - the rest is mostly head-scratching "Why am I exposing myself to this?" material, to be honest.
I liked the ED, honestly the best part of the whole episode. The rest of it made me thankful that manga can be read so quickly, because this episode was slooooowww. I like the source material, but only because it did improve a bit later on, and the premise is interesting. However this is a very slow paced story punctuated by occasional plot pushes, flesh eating, and juvenile romance. The mix is strange and sometimes I wonder where the writer is going with it...and not in a good way. Especially since the manga is nowhere near complete, and updates slowly. My expectations for a satisfactory conclusion are very low.

Like Flower, that thought of "Why am I watching this?" came too mind a bit once too often.
Old 2012-04-08, 21:57   Link #175
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
It's a vague line, but lolicon is generally used more on a lighter manner than pedophilia, at least in the otaku world. Why? ...Who knows? Because lolicon is like an otaku language = used towards anime girls while pedophilia has a more real feel to it?
Not something to think too hard about though. *shrug* Either way, Araragi isn't serious about sexually loving Mayoi.

Quote:
But an actual corpse is a dead body, which the undead are. (Oh sure, undead so they aren't dead, but the body is or at least ought to be)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 02:47   Link #176
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's a vague line, but lolicon is generally used more on a lighter manner than pedophilia, at least in the otaku world. Why? ...Who knows? Because lolicon is like an otaku language = used towards anime girls while pedophilia has a more real feel to it?
Not something to think too hard about though. *shrug* Either way, Araragi isn't serious about sexually loving Mayoi.

But an actual corpse is a dead body, which the undead are. (Oh sure, undead so they aren't dead, but the body is or at least ought to be)
Combining both halves of your post, it seems saying "zombie fetish" should logically be considered lighter than "necrophilia" for the same reasons you stated. Right?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 04:52   Link #177
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Except for what I'd call an original "prologue" before ~9:30, where chapter 1 really began, the rest was mostly faithful to the source. Oh, the joys of finally seeing one of my favorite manga, and Rea herself, animated.

While I still think Chihiro's voice is a bit too deep for him, I believe I'm going to have an easy time adjusting to his voice by virtue of Ryohei Kimura's performance here. Everyone else behaved as I expected them to.

Studio DEEN did a pretty good job for the first episode, and even gave me some Shaft vibes there. Also, I love the ED, and the OP wasn't at all that bad.
Old 2012-04-09, 10:25   Link #178
Dop
Mmmm....

Just getting a screencap from this when I thought "Hang on. Did I really not spot that Shaun of the Dead reference before?"

White shirt, red tie, cricket bat. What else could it be?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 14:02   Link #179
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
On a sidenote, doesn't Ranko both look and behave exactly the same as the fabulous Wanko@StarDriver?

Generally, there are a lot of common technical elements between those shows, despite the totally different premise; do they share staff members?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 16:05   Link #180
Clarste
Human

Reminds me of Inu Neko Jump... And apparently they have the same author. So.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural, zombie moe, zombies