Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-25, 00:10   Link #27181
kyp275
Meh

Georgia baby killers caught

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/geo...led/index.html

glad they got the bastards, and if it's proven that they're the ones who did it, I'd fry their ass. People who can walk up to a 11 month old baby and shoot him in the face in front of his mother does not deserve to live.
Old 2013-03-25, 05:57   Link #27182
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

High earners don't realise own wealth, study finds

Quote:
Australia's high earners are surprisingly magnanimous when it comes to tax. Many think the rich should pay more. They just don't think that applies to them.
The two apparently contradictory positions spell trouble for Wayne Swan as he tries to wind back tax breaks in the May budget.
''We are talking about the top 4 or 5 per cent of earners,'' says David Hetherington, executive director of the Per Capita think tank.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...#ixzz2OY2RR2Hf

Old 2013-03-25, 06:21   Link #27183
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well considering tax came out of my pay before I saw it, I never really paid *too* much attention to it and never considered it as mine anyway, beside I liked getting $2k+ in a refund come tax time (since I kinda paid more than I needed to).

I do know a fellow that made around $1 million last year, yet only (supposedly) paid about $15k in tax on it with his business. No idea what shady shenanigans he is pulling to manage that- I'm kinda hoping I misunderstood him.
Old 2013-03-25, 06:50   Link #27184
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Special Report: A Gulf family's oil troubles
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92O04C20130325
Quote:
At its peak around five years ago, the Al Sari family owned the largest independent oil trader in the Gulf region, with branches in London and Singapore, and a fleet of dozens of ships.

These days, its FAL Oil Co trades more in controversy than oil.

It owes a consortium of lenders nearly $900 million, including about $200 million to Standard Chartered PLC. It is contesting a worldwide asset freeze granted by a London court to the Royal Bank of Scotland. And it is suing its home government of Sharjah - one of seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates - in a rare public fight over a disputed $750 million fuel-oil bill. The company even hired a British debt collector to chase the emirate for payment.
Old 2013-03-25, 09:42   Link #27185
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
(Reuters) - Israel said it fired into Syria on Sunday and destroyed a machinegun position in the Golan Heights from where shots had been fired at Israeli soldiers in a further spillover of the Syrian civil war along a tense front.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92N06020130324

This isn't the first time shots have spilled over into Israel from Syria. Despite all their internal conflicts, they still share a common hatred for their neighbor.

and

This might be old news to some, but
(Reuters) - Cyprus clinched a last-ditch deal with international lenders to shut down its second-largest bank and inflict heavy losses on uninsured depositors, including wealthy Russians, in return for a 10 billion euro ($13 billion) bailout.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92G03I20130325

I almost went to Cyprus for a few days of adventure... good thing I didn't go. Although I doubt it would have really affected a lonely tourist.
Old 2013-03-25, 12:51   Link #27186
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post

I do know a fellow that made around $1 million last year, yet only (supposedly) paid about $15k in tax on it with his business. No idea what shady shenanigans he is pulling to manage that- I'm kinda hoping I misunderstood him.
what you need to do is hire his accountant.
Old 2013-03-25, 13:43   Link #27187
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
what you need to do is hire his accountant.
... or buy a ranch.
Old 2013-03-25, 22:14   Link #27188
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.S., Russia aim to reconvene stalled missile defense talks
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92O12Z20130325

Insight: Little optimism for breakthrough in Thailand's forgotten jihad
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92O0Z420130325
Old 2013-03-26, 01:42   Link #27189
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Can't people wait for evidence before accusing?
Well, considering that dude was an enemy of PUTIN, and there are track records of possible assisnations of his former enemies all over Europe including London... you can't possibly blame anyone for assuming the Usual Suspect.
Old 2013-03-26, 11:18   Link #27190
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well, considering that dude was an enemy of PUTIN, and there are track records of possible assisnations of his former enemies all over Europe including London... you can't possibly blame anyone for assuming the Usual Suspect.
He wasn't an enemy of Putin. He was the one who made him president in the first place.

He just made several mistakes and became useless.

Also suspecting Puting in this is even more laughable that in Litvinenko's case
Old 2013-03-26, 14:15   Link #27191
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Father cleaning shotgun shoots 10-year-old son in the head in N.C.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...in-nc#comments

Don't mind me. This is just another accident that people won't care about anyways. All, I'll say:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-26, 17:33   Link #27192
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

What's at stake in U.N. arms trade treaty negotiations?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92P16Q20130326

U.N.'s Ban recommends African troops in Mali become peacekeepers
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92P13420130326
Old 2013-03-26, 18:40   Link #27193
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/geo...led/index.html

glad they got the bastards, and if it's proven that they're the ones who did it, I'd fry their ass. People who can walk up to a 11 month old baby and shoot him in the face in front of his mother does not deserve to live.
I wish I saw that one earlier. Yeah, it's such an awful story and I still can't believe any person do something like that for a matter of money. Those fuckers deserve to be put into a slow death process in the worse imaginable form of pain; to hell with compassion and all those stupid studies about the adolescent brain as an excuse not to judge teenagers like adults!

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-03-26 at 19:57. Reason: missed a word
Old 2013-03-26, 19:26   Link #27194
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I wish I saw that one earlier. Yeah, it's such an awful story and I still can any person do something like that for a matter of money. Those fuckers deserve to be put into a slow death process in the worse imaginable form of pain; to hell with compassion and all those stupid studies about the adolescent brain as an excuse not to judge teenagers like adults!
Yeah, sorry - even most five year olds know they're killing something if they squash a lizard.
Old 2013-03-26, 20:00   Link #27195
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah, sorry - even most five year olds know they're killing something if they squash a lizard.
I know that. That's why I don't believe in any form of excuse for something that horrible.
Old 2013-03-26, 20:15   Link #27196
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I believe that someone, say, 13 or 14 who does something pretty bad, well, we should be easier on them because of their age. At age 13 or 14, people are still pretty young and it is those kinds of ages where people make lots of mistakes and still have a lot to learn.

Now, someone at age 14 and committing a murder? You have to go hard on them. Sure, people make mistakes at that age, but a 14 year old should know that murder is a terrible thing to do. So we have a 17 year old and a 14 year old that intimidated a woman, shot her in the leg, and then brutally shot and killed her infant child. They knew such things were terrible things to do and did them anyway. They deserve harsh punishment. I'd say go easy on a 14 year old for many things, but not this. The 17 year old should have had even more wisdom than the 14 year old.

I hope that the 14 year old gets life in prison, and that the 17 year old gets execution. Both may end up being killed in prison anyway. If it happens, it happens. They'll be prime targets in prison.
Old 2013-03-26, 20:35   Link #27197
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

We'll see what the detailed accounts of the event say in court, but I would certainly not exclude a possible execution for the younger one if he's more deeply involved in this. As you said, I am all for a very harsh punishment for both in this case.
Old 2013-03-26, 21:20   Link #27198
ChainLegacy
廉頗

That's so heartless... you want money and you decide you're going to rob someone, fine, but what brings you to the point of point blank executing a baby? I really gotta stop reading this type of thing, this and the Newtown shooting, etc... It's good to be informed of what's going on in the world, but this shit takes its emotional toll on me...
Old 2013-03-26, 21:33   Link #27199
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
That's so heartless... you want money and you decide you're going to rob someone, fine, but what brings you to the point of point blank executing a baby? I really gotta stop reading this type of thing, this and the Newtown shooting, etc... It's good to be informed of what's going on in the world, but this shit takes its emotional toll on me...
yeah, this kind of garbage behavior just makes me head out to a quiet part of the woods.
Old 2013-03-26, 21:36   Link #27200
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
We'll see what the detailed accounts of the event say in court, but I would certainly not exclude a possible execution for the younger one if he's more deeply involved in this. As you said, I am all for a very harsh punishment for both in this case.
US Supreme Court already rule Death and Life Sentence for Minors to unconstitutional. The Max for under 18 defendants are Life with possibility of Parole.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international