AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-28, 06:55   Link #1
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book

Should be arriving to Japan on the 25th of Sep for Vita, PS3 and PS4.
(going by past trends expect western release 9months later; so around june 2016 I would guess)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Imgur mirror for above: http://i.imgur.com/3OorxMy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5NSITqT.jpg

Teaser (mostly soundtrack sample)

Full name of main protagonist is Sophie Nohenmuller and is voiced by Yuuka Aisaka (designed by NOCO). This is gonna be an interesting voice. The english voices in escha and logy and shallie have been pretty darn good so hopefully that trend continues too.

Going by what's been shared it seems the series is still potentially in Dusk (though I kind of hope not), but regardless seems things are going back to the lush forestry style of Ayesha. The clock is also back as can be seen in one of the images (yey), though not sure why dates are not on it... maybe a different overarching time management system like in escha and logy?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Previous Games (in order, latest first)
Spoiler for prev games:

Last edited by felix; 2015-06-28 at 08:54.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 07:28   Link #2
Honoakari
Lurking Member

There are threads for all the PS3 Atelier games (and more). But for some reason, all of them except the Escha & Logy thread are placed in the general games section instead of the anime/Japanese games one. Which doesn't really make sense, since all Atelier games have anime art, they're in Japanese, etc...

Anyway, I guess this thread needs a rename.
Old 2015-06-28, 07:29   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

OH. I only searched the two game sections. >.>;;;

In my defense looking at the reply/view count on those it's probably better if there was only one thread.
Old 2015-06-28, 07:33   Link #4
VDZ

-snip [scans were here; see OP instead]-

Translator's notes:
Quote:
Of course, I'm too late in realizing the mistakes I made.

The big writings above are supposed to be one sentence, so it should be "A story about a normal girl awakened to an abnormal alchemy" or sth like that. The second page should also be one sentence, but just like that is fine I think.

And it shouldn't be "Alchemy that even Punis understand" but "Alchemy that even Punis can do."

And what's with that B# poster lol, should be B3 poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Note to Moderators: There appears to be a thread for Escha and Logy but not any of the other games. (there are a LOT of games; even more if we count PS2 ones)
It probably doesn't make sense to have multiple threads for this series since every few games are like a single mini-series of sorts with shared characters.

To be precise, the count is currently at 17 major releases (including Sophie) and 10 spin-offs.

Quote:
The clock is also back as can be seen in one of the images (yey), though not sure why dates are not on it... maybe a different overarching time management system like in escha and logy?
According to the scans, Atelier Sophie has a 'time of day' system where it goes from morning to to noon to night. The clock's probably for that.

Last edited by VDZ; 2015-06-28 at 07:51. Reason: Removed scans as they're now in OP
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 07:44   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

So Sophie is more or less... an alchemic warlock.

The system looks pretty fun. If I understand correctly its possible the time of day is just a constraint on what you can do but not reflective of a overall time constraint. Might be you can only do certain things at certain time of day like in Recettear. So it's still possible there wont be a time limit I guess.

[edit] added scans to first post
Old 2015-06-28, 07:50   Link #6
VDZ

Quote:
[*]Atelier Ayesha
  • Main alchemy change: standard alchemy, mostly just better interface design
Seriously? I've been playing Atelier Ayesha Plus for Vita, and the alchemy is like you described for Escha & Logy. Did they really completely overhaul the alchemy system for the Plus version?

Quote:
Games in the Arland series handle mostly the same,
3 years to get stuff done, go!
Adv equip for upgrades
Max party of 3 (you + 2 friends)
Go to Mr Bald the blacksmith to make equipment
Rorona does have submaps, and even though its the oldest it has a slightly more uptodate interface due to being revised.
They're actually quite different in some aspects, particularly your goals in the game. In Rorona you get a list of tasks to complete in a 90-day (I think?) timespan, Totori gives you a list of tasks with no time limit, you get points for each task accomplished, and with enough points you can 'rank up' and get new tasks, and Meruru has you just solving whichever tasks you like whenever you like, with new tasks being unlocked whenever you complete tasks.

Also, all three of them and Ayesha have revised 'Plus' versions for PS Vita; Rorona Plus also received a PS3 release unlike the others. (Escha & Logy also received a Plus version in Japan earlier this year, hasn't been released in the West yet.)

---

By the way, in case anyone lives in Europe and is interested, every downloadable Atelier game (so every Vita game and some PS3 games) except for E&L is currently on sale on European PSN.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 07:53   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Seriously? I've been playing Atelier Ayesha Plus for Vita, and the alchemy is like you described for Escha & Logy. Did they really completely overhaul the alchemy system for the Plus version?
I've actually also played the Vita one... maybe it's all just fuzzy in my head since they change a lot.

[edit] Was the change that you have to reach certain level of elemental affinity to get certain bonuses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoakari View Post
There are threads for all the PS3 Atelier games (and more). But for some reason, all of them except the Escha & Logy thread are placed in the general games section instead of the anime/Japanese games one. Which doesn't really make sense, since all Atelier games have anime art, they're in Japanese, etc...

Anyway, I guess this thread needs a rename.
Asked Klash to rename. Changed the first post a bit.

The thread was already moved to video games by someone else.

I think the confusion stems from the wording "Anime-related games". What the moderators probably meant to say is "Games related to specific Anime series" (like guest characters and such) by the looks of it, rather then what we both understood here which is along the lines of "anime looking themes." Though I don't know some of the "anime games" in there still probably wouldnt fit even with that rule.
Old 2015-06-28, 08:02   Link #8
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv155
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Escha and Logy was omitted for some reason, but all of them are supposed to be in the general VG section.
The "anime" VG section isn't about "anime style" type of visuals or plot, but rather the fact they are a spin off of an established anime series. Note that even very niche games like Neptune are also in the general VG subforum.
Old 2015-06-28, 08:35   Link #9
Honoakari
Lurking Member

I see. Though, it's a pretty weird split IMO. Anyway, about Atelier Sophie...

Looks more like the start of a new saga to me, which is a bit disappointing considering that Tasogare still had lots of potential. On the bright side, it reminds me of the Arland saga (particularly Rorona, which was very enjoyable).

The 3D graphics still look pretty old, but I guess that's to be expected...

Hope it has a good story (or at least a simple, but exciting one). Shallie was enjoyable, but it could get pretty boring at times, with its many friendship scenes. And the final battle was somewhat underwhelming.

Oh, and as usual, expecting the soundtrack to be magnificent.
Old 2015-06-28, 08:39   Link #10
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Oh, and as usual, expecting the soundtrack to be magnificent.
Hopefully its very Ayesha esque on that department. My favorite one so far.
Old 2015-07-12, 14:47   Link #11
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Some info on the other characters has come out. There's a very Linca looking character called Monika now (voiced by Aya Suzaki; the VA with a million kankole roles, lol).

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/atelier-s...synthesis-more

Also, judging by the screenshots it seems not just the book but Sophie will dress up too, similar to Atelier Ayesha; that or she just recieves a change of wardrobe once.
Old 2015-12-01, 15:46   Link #12
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUST
...we’d like to create something that would be considered the new standard in Atelier titles...
Unfortunately, the "new standard" part remains a distant dream. The music was great as usual, and I really liked some of the characters. But the story (and the game overall) felt somewhat lackluster...

Spoiler for Sophie and the Flying Book:
In other news, Logy and Pamela appear together in the same game. This makes me wonder... perhaps Tasogare, Arland and this new series take place in the same world? It would certainly be interesting if it were so.

Last edited by Honoakari; 2016-03-13 at 15:37.
Honoakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 08:52   Link #13
SubaruSumeragi

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Limited Edition from NIS America was announced and is up for pre-order.

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/statu...13106679578624
SubaruSumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 14:55   Link #14
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I think this will be my 2nd Atelier game. My first one was Rorona. It was a lovely game.

I do wish we get a way to somewhat ignore the "time restrain" on NG+.

I wanted to play with other characters, but I couldn't afford it. There wasn't enough time.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 17:25   Link #15
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

In Atelier Shallie there's no time limit, if that's what you're looking for.
Old 2016-03-19, 22:20   Link #16
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
In Atelier Shallie there's no time limit, if that's what you're looking for.
Alas, I currently have no plans to get PS3 games. Also, I haven't seen them in-store and I'm a bit too lazy to order them on-line :P

I'll be getting Atelier Sophie however. If it ever comes to PS4, I'll most likely buy it (Shallie).
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 03:05   Link #17
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Game's out. Anyone got an opinion on the game? I'm thinking of getting it on the Vita.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 10:02   Link #18
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Thinking of getting on vita too. From what I've heard it's really good, but take that with a grain of salt.

To anyone living in Europe, release is on the 10th of June.
Old 2016-06-17, 01:30   Link #19
AP24

I'm thinking of starting to play the Atelier series. I want to start with the Arland series and then the Dusk series, and I heard it's best to play the Plus versions. But I don't have PS Vita and only Rorona Plus has PS3 version. I also wonder if the Plus versions of Totori, Meruru and the Dusk series will be released on PS3/PS4 someday.

So the issue is mostly whether I should buy the original PS3 versions of the ones after Rorona, or their Plus versions on Vita? The Vita versions may have more contents but the PS3 versions have better frame rates, less slow down in certain areas and can be bought physically and cheaper. So is it really worth buying the Vita versions?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 08:13   Link #20
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You can play the normal ones dont worry about the plus versions.