AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-12-04, 16:18   Link #4481
sayde

Ehh...I don't think the wrestler will win against the two captains. Because unlike Shinji, I think Kensei and Rose will actually use their vizard abilities to end this. And we still have to see Rose's bankai.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 17:51   Link #4482
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Time for me to call it a day with this manga. After 10 years, and with this chapter, I'm done
See you next week
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 18:51   Link #4483
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Eh, a vizard getting panel time....to just get one-shotted,.Kensei is okay, never really did care much about the Vizards tbqh.

Then again, panel time screws most of Bleach's characters to the point I can't really like nor hate most of them :/.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 20:21   Link #4484
Mad Pierrot
Seinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But Kensei explained how his ability works. That means he has to lose, 100% guaranteed.
Talking about Kensei's bankai did we ever get an explanation to what happened to his fight against the kid arrancar? Did the kid escape... or did the kid beat him?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 20:22   Link #4485
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Talking about Kensei's bankai did we ever get an explanation to what happened to his fight against the kid arrancar? Did the kid escape... or did the kid beat him?
he gave him a haircut and peaced out.
Old 2013-12-04, 21:54   Link #4486
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Also, Hisagi neglected to mention this obvious problem with his superior's fighting tactics, even though he knew that there was another captain standing around and doing nothing, who might just have been able to defeat the little kid/shut him up with some form of Kido/take him far away (the latter options being due to their usual general lack of combat pragmatism)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
KT could have easily avoided making Hisagi look like an imbecile. All he would need to do is have Hisagi out dead/cold and have Rose and Kensei figure it out themselves.
Did you guys actually read the chapter, or did you just scan the synopsis? Shuuhei was out until after Kensei "defeated" Armstrong Mask. Kensei actually acknowledged this when Shuuhei started talking to him ("Did you finally wake up?"). When Shuuhei was awake earlier in the chapter, he was knocked back out before Shuuhei (and the readers) knew the Captains were on the scene. At no point before he finally did, could Shuuhei have warned the two Captains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Time for me to call it a day with this manga. After 10 years, and with this chapter, I'm done
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. This was the best chapter in a while.

Kubo is at his best when dealing with goofy villains, and he's very effectively removed Shuuhei, Ikkaku, and Yumichika's "embarrassing" offscreen defeat last week and set up an upcoming "push" opportunity for Shuuhei.
Old 2013-12-04, 22:23   Link #4487
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Did you guys actually read the chapter, or did you just scan the synopsis? Shuuhei was out until after Kensei "defeated" Armstrong Mask. Kensei actually acknowledged this when Shuuhei started talking to him ("Did you finally wake up?"). When Shuuhei was awake earlier in the chapter, he was knocked back out before Shuuhei (and the readers) knew the Captains were on the scene. At no point before he finally did, could Shuuhei have warned the two Captains.
Fair enough, I had read it, but I had only noticed Hisagi get knocked down. I hadn't noticed that he was knocked out.
Old 2013-12-05, 10:49   Link #4488
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Though when Shuuhei woke up (before beeing knocked out again), he attacked the Superstar, even though at this moment he should have already known, that he has to target the sidekick.
*crickets* lol

Quote:
This was the best chapter in a while.
that says a lot. obviously everyone has their own opinion, but really? it seems like people who like wrestling really liked this chapter, but that's so simplistic. the personalities and powers of these shitritters are so varied and random that it's laughable. let's say for instance that you really liked surfing. if a shitritter broke out a surf board and started surfing on a reishi-made board all over the place saying stuff like 'cowabunga' would that be the best chapter in a while as well?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 11:54   Link #4489
saravis

Quote:
Though when Shuuhei woke up (before beeing knocked out again), he attacked the Superstar, even though at this moment he should have already known, that he has to target the sidekick.
So I guess Hisagi is back to being an imbecile again, or does he get a pass on this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the personalities and powers of these shitritters are so varied and random that it's laughable.
Agreed, some, like Bam-bam, make sense when you think of the power that Ishida displayed when he went 'Super' back in the SS arc, but these other ones are just so WTF. While Bankais are random, we at least know what they are; Bankais. These Shitter powers seem to have jack to do with Quincies, so what the hell are they supposed to be? It seems jack decided to say, "F' it, I'm out."

I'm wondering if we're ever going to get an explanation as to how they stole Bankais, but I'm not waiting with bated breath.
Old 2013-12-05, 12:43   Link #4490
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

The abilities being random are pretty much a given...we don't have to look too far back that each of the Espada's were supposed to represent something, which really was pointless.

At least the ability makes sense from where it's taken from and is even enforced when Kensei said that the fight made him look like a villain.

Quote:
if a shitritter broke out a surf board and started surfing on a reishi-made board all over the place saying stuff like 'cowabunga' would that be the best chapter in a while as well?
now you just sound bitter but my first question would be "does he look like the Silver Surfer?"

The only thing that really bugged me about the chapter was how did Hisagi know the source of Superstar's power?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 13:28   Link #4491
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
The abilities being random are pretty much a given...we don't have to look too far back that each of the Espada's were supposed to represent something, which really was pointless.
Well the Espadas' abilities had an explanation. They were Hollows that had gained Shinigami-like power, the reverse of the Vizards that were Shinigamis that had gained Hollow-like power. So the Espadas' abilities were based on the idea of a Zanpakuto's release, similar to a Bankai.

The Shitters have had zero explanation as to what their powers are supposed to be. Hell, even the absurdly random Fullbringers had more explanation than the Shitters do.
Old 2013-12-05, 14:21   Link #4492
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

The Espada's abilities had an explanation, but what each of them represented meant nothing. (Stark's Lonliness, Halibel's Sacrifice, etc...)

The Shitritter's abilities are random that come w/ a explanation, but what it has to do w/ being a Quincy is something that's more than likely not going to be answered even though all we really knew about Quincies before was that their main weapons were bows and arrows...and never was there even hinted at the possibility of some hierarchy, much less someone as powerful as Bach...

...there really should be more background information for this
Old 2013-12-05, 14:40   Link #4493
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
The Espada's abilities had an explanation, but what each of them represented meant nothing. (Stark's Lonliness, Halibel's Sacrifice, etc...)
I think it fitted their characters pretty well, except Nnoitra...but the others had their aspect of death directly related to their personalities.
Quote:
The Shitters have had zero explanation as to what their powers are supposed to be.
So far, I see it as a special mod to their innate reishi manipulation power...but if LuchaRitter is getting stronger because he is absorbing the vibrations of the spiritual sound that comes from the audience, I'm dropping this!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 15:24   Link #4494
Mad Pierrot
Seinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

So far, I see it as a special mod to their innate reishi manipulation power...but if LuchaRitter is getting stronger because he is absorbing the vibrations of the spiritual sound that comes from the audience, I'm dropping this!
I think I stopped caring about the powers when Tsukishima affected the memories of rocks...
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 15:54   Link #4495
GusGus

Good chapter, I didn't see that coming, I though that lucha quincy was simply going to get a vollstandig after that blow. I hope that Kensei and Rose aren't done yet, it would be humillianting for them to be defeated that way.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 01:50   Link #4496
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

What happened tro Ikkaku? got krillined?
Old 2013-12-06, 02:01   Link #4497
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Oh, that's obvious. It was done so that we wouldn't know they needed to take out the little guy. Kubo should have figured out a better way to show Shuuhei attacking. Maybe have the little guy riding on Mask's shoulders, or having jumped out of the way. If you want to give Shuuhei an in-universe reason, maybe he was confused (just regained consciousness), or he was planning to stall Mask until he could find an opening to cheap shot the little guy (stalling has been shown to work very well in this series).
Old 2013-12-06, 02:21   Link #4498
saravis

Quote:
If you want to give Shuuhei an in-universe reason, maybe he was confused (just regained consciousness), or he was planning to stall Mask until he could find an opening to cheap shot the little guy (stalling has been shown to work very well in this series).
Except that he was quite able to give the revelation when he regained consciousness with the captains there.

As for a cheap shot, those are usually best done when you don't try to draw attention to yourself. Case in point, attacking a big brute while he isn't even paying attention to you in the first place.
Old 2013-12-06, 02:49   Link #4499
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
i think the espada powers made much more sense than these shitritters. they weren't perfect, but they were pretty close to their personalities and they were all fairly serious and believable in the bleach universe. only with fullbring and the VR have we seen completely outlandish unbelievable out of place nonsense powers and personalities

Quote:
At least the ability makes sense from where it's taken from and is even enforced when Kensei said that the fight made him look like a villain.
mr. satan made perfect sense as a wrestler. superstar and this ridiculous power make no sense to me

Quote:
now you just sound bitter
i am i used to enjoy bleach so much and now i just read it, laugh, and shake my head almost every week. it's become a complete joke

Quote:
but my first question would be "does he look like the Silver Surfer?"
heh. he probably would. i still dig kubo's artwork a lot

Quote:
The only thing that really bugged me about the chapter was how did Hisagi know the source of Superstar's power?
i was more bugged by us finding out what it was
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 08:59   Link #4500
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
superstar and this ridiculous power make no sense to me
Wrestling is kind of ridiculous to begin with

Spoiler for Case in point :p:

Hulk Hogan draws on the power of all the Hulkamaniacs when he's in trouble. John Cena draws the power of the fans in the WWE Universe Though I will admit the power would make more sense if it was more than one person cheering for Superstar.

Tags
bleach, chapter