AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-15, 22:35   Link #4761
theshow_luffy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
wait was it his sword or fist tht turned him to ash??
theshow_luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 04:59   Link #4762
bigdeal000
malefic
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nowhere, because I don't exist
Age: 26
I sometimes forget that Bleach has good moments...
I never gave any attention to Zabimaru's split personality so this idea of "foreshadowing" came out of nowhere and seemed a bit too good to be true.
I thought it was just a coincidence. (If that's so, lucky Kubo, something makes sense this arc and he doesn't even know it )
Yeah, more consistency and a bit more focus on Renji and his sword would have been a really nice lead to this...
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 05:03   Link #4763
RobotCat
In a Box
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere on the west coast
The good thing is with the way his Bankai turned out, it looks like he'll be able to win a few more battles before all his tricks run out.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 05:10   Link #4764
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 25
scary bankai...

well.. it's Renji
We always know with his new power, he won't win against Byakuya (which would return stronger as well)

He won't get any easier fight anymore
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 13:04   Link #4765
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
I too also like Renji's new bankai. Though I would like to have known how it would look like if his sword didn't break and he was able to learn its true name. Surely it would have been stronger if he did. Also this brings up another question that would be who else doesn't know their bankai's true name.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 15:51   Link #4766
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: City of Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Well, Yamamoto did say he was the CC of the 30th Gotei 13 at some point, if I remember correctly,

With regards to half its name being used, we do have a precedent for that, albeit only in Shikai.
When was this stated? As far as I know
1st division: Yama, Shunui
2nd division: ?, yoruichi, soifon
3rd division: ?, rose, Gin,
4th division: Kirinji, Unohana
5th division: ?, Shinji, Aizen
6th division: Ginrei (possibly), ?, Byakuya
7th division: ?, Love, Komamaru
8th division: ?, Shunsui
9th division: ?, Kensei, Tousen
10th division: ?, Isshin, Toshiro
11th division: Unohana,....., Kenpachi (11th captain of the squad)
12th division: Hikifune, Urahara, Mayuri
13th division: ?, Joshiro Ukitake

Don't see where the 30th Gotei is coming from. Scan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Nobody loves you renji. Nobody - NOT EVEN YOUR DAMN SWORD.
Lol sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
The pills were sent to all Captains and VCs, and while we didn't see Byakuya using it, we did see Äs Nödt reacting like the other Bankai stealers did, like he(?) felt the Bankai being returned.
Darn it you ninja'd me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I too also like Renji's new bankai. Though I would like to have known how it would look like if his sword didn't break and he was able to learn its true name. Surely it would have been stronger if he did. Also this brings up another question that would be who else doesn't know their bankai's true name.
Probably everyone besides the original gotei 13 and Choujiro, I figure.
__________________
Set thanks to: Auxilism tyvm
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 16:45   Link #4767
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 33
He's the 30th Commander of the Gotei 13. Chapter 394. (though I think it's a mistranslation since he apparently founded the group?)

Divisions have nothing to do with it.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 17:05   Link #4768
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
He's the 30th Commander of the Gotei 13. Chapter 394. (though I think it's a mistranslation since he apparently founded the group?)

Divisions have nothing to do with it.
There's no such line in chapter 394. You're probably reading bad scans.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 19:11   Link #4769
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 29
Know it's name and it'll listen regardless eh?
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 20:34   Link #4770
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
Welp, Renji had his power up moment. Time to amp up Byakushi
__________________
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 20:34   Link #4771
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyrule
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
He's the 30th Commander of the Gotei 13. Chapter 394. (though I think it's a mistranslation since he apparently founded the group?)
Mistranslation. The panel in question, Chapter 394, page 6, last panel (bottom left):

Quote:
Original:
Yamamoto: 何故 儂が千年
Yamamoto: 護廷十三隊総隊長を務めとると思うとる

Romanization:
Yamamoto: Naze washi ga san'nen mo
Yamamoto: Gotei juusan tai no soutaichou o tsutometoru to omoutoru?

Translation:
Yamamoto: Why do you think
Yamamoto: I am still serving as Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13 after a thousand years?
Don't know where they got it wrong, as it's a pretty straightforward translation, even for Bleach, which I usually find comparatively easy to translate (Kemeko Deluxe it is not). Only (minor) complication is Yamamoto's non-standard dialect, which is barely even evident in these two bubbles (which they all got right, anyway, at least in all the translations I've seen of that passage).

All I can think is they saw "十三" (13), brain-farted, and decided to put 30 ("三十") in there as well as the stock "Gotei 13" callout.
__________________
FGO Info: (JP) 055835281 | クワイガンケニー ==== (EN) 952525630 | quigonkenny

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-01-16 at 20:46.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 22:08   Link #4772
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Don't know where they got it wrong, as it's a pretty straightforward translation, even for Bleach, which I usually find comparatively easy to translate (Kemeko Deluxe it is not). Only (minor) complication is Yamamoto's non-standard dialect, which is barely even evident in these two bubbles (which they all got right, anyway, at least in all the translations I've seen of that passage).

All I can think is they saw "十三" (13), brain-farted, and decided to put 30 ("三十") in there as well as the stock "Gotei 13" callout.
^thanks! I remember that the show got it correct. he definitely started the gotei 13 as the 1 and only CC
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 23:29   Link #4773
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Would be really funny if Byakuya's bankai wasn't even a real bankai cause the sword was fooling around and not actually assuming any form, too lazy to turn into the bankai so it just multiplied the petals.

That or this power up is Renji's only, cause his sword doesn't like him, even after several hundred years.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 00:03   Link #4774
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: City of Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
He's the 30th Commander of the Gotei 13. Chapter 394. (though I think it's a mistranslation since he apparently founded the group?)

Divisions have nothing to do with it.
Don't know where 30th CC is coming from but on mangafox:



Also he founded the gotei. So don't see where 2, 3 let alone 30 is coming from.

Well quigonkenny ninja'd me. But yeah. Thanks quigonkenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Would be really funny if Byakuya's bankai wasn't even a real bankai cause the sword was fooling around and not actually assuming any form, too lazy to turn into the bankai so it just multiplied the petals.

That or this power up is Renji's only, cause his sword doesn't like him, even after several hundred years.
If that turns out to be true don't know if the transcendent thing is worse or that possibly.

As much as I like Renji that powerup he got was way too much.

Then again Kubo doesn't know how to scale so meh.
__________________
Set thanks to: Auxilism tyvm
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 11:33   Link #4775
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
Don't know where 30th CC is coming from but on mangafox:


Damn while this guy was so epic without his zanpakuto, everybody was so scared when invaded by the Vandereich
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 21:57   Link #4776
Hiss13
Doctor Trick Yoyo, じいい~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
Don't know where 30th CC is coming from but on mangafox:

Spoiler for image:


Also he founded the gotei. So don't see where 2, 3 let alone 30 is coming from.
Yeah, I was looking at the mangastream translation for that which was a translation error. My bad....
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 12:47   Link #4777
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: City of Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Damn while this guy was so epic without his zanpakuto, everybody was so scared when invaded by the Vandereich
Scared, worried, confused, etc. (Surprised, and so on).

Most VC's and below were probably scared. Many VCs and captains were probably confused. And the older ones were probably just worried.

Not to mention Yamaji just like WB & Rayliegh was nerfed. Unless they have a flashback of these dues in there primes we won't ever know what they were really capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Yeah, I was looking at the mangastream translation for that which was a translation error. My bad....
Its cool dude. I was just surprised.

Unless the 30th CC by SK standards. IF SK resets everything after every 1 million years or so (the fight between hollows/soul reapers has been going on for about the same amount of time info revealed by Grimmjow).

Then for all we know the SK has reset the Bleach universe 30 times before. And this is the 30th a 'soul society' has been set up.

Now that is pure conjecture on my part but it would make things interesting, I think.
__________________
Set thanks to: Auxilism tyvm
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 14:01   Link #4778
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyrule
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
Unless the 30th CC by SK standards. IF SK resets everything after every 1 million years or so (the fight between hollows/soul reapers has been going on for about the same amount of time info revealed by Grimmjow).

Then for all we know the SK has reset the Bleach universe 30 times before. And this is the 30th a 'soul society' has been set up.

Now that is pure conjecture on my part but it would make things interesting, I think.
Conjecture usually has at least something to base it off of. There's literally no "30" anywhere on that page in question. It's a mistranslation.

So, technically, is the Mangafox translation you posted (he's asking "why do you think" in the original, not "have you forgotten"), but at least that is just a different phrasing of what means basically the same thing in English. A little phrase-turning is perfectly fine, or else every scanlation would be boringly similar. The number "30" appeared out of thin air.

Now, I only have access to the tankoubon scans, not the magazine scans, so I guess it's possible that there was some hint at a "30th Gotei 13" in the magazine that was changed for publication, but the fact that only one translation group put that in there out of all the ones that I've seen makes that very unlikely...
__________________
FGO Info: (JP) 055835281 | クワイガンケニー ==== (EN) 952525630 | quigonkenny
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 14:36   Link #4779
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: City of Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Conjecture usually has at least something to base it off of. There's literally no "30" anywhere on that page in question. It's a mistranslation.
You're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
So, technically, is the Mangafox translation you posted (he's asking "why do you think" in the original, not "have you forgotten"), but at least that is just a different phrasing of what means basically the same thing in English. A little phrase-turning is perfectly fine, or else every scanlation would be boringly similar. The number "30" appeared out of thin air.

Now, I only have access to the tankoubon scans, not the magazine scans, so I guess it's possible that there was some hint at a "30th Gotei 13" in the magazine that was changed for publication, but the fact that only one translation group put that in there out of all the ones that I've seen makes that very unlikely...
My apologies. I should have said PURE conjecture on my part.

Yea I was just using mangafox to disclaim the earlier notion of Yama being the "30th" CC of SS. He was the first and only one for well however old SS was.

Up until his death.

Yeah again I agree it is almost highly unlikely even if the resting of the universe is true. Bleach being rest 30 times is less likely more like 3 to 5 times I figure at most.
__________________
Set thanks to: Auxilism tyvm
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 05:48   Link #4780
Knjaz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Latvia, Riga
Well, last chapter explains quite some stuff, I guess....
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bleach, chapter

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.