AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-03-25, 04:45   Link #5221
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
Well, well. First two captains go down like suckers and die in their sleep, then a character with one of the richest backstories is confirmed to be gone for good. Now we'll never know how and why Yachiru Unohana, captain of Squad 11 and a serial killer, became Retsu Unohana, captain of Squad 4 and a professional healer. Kubo gave her a past, polarizingly opposite to her present, and then killed her off, all for the sake of Zaraki finally deserving to call himself Kenpachi. And he didn't even bother to explain her bankai.

Fuck you for treating your own creation like shit, Kubo.

P.S. Hope still lives, and we may yet see a couple of flashbacks about Unohana.
He didn't explain Unohana's backstory and demeanor change because we're about to see it relived by her successor. Show, don't tell.

And don't be surprised if Ken-chan ends up as the Gotei 13 medic captain after the end of the series... ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Allow me to sumarize the pages, one sentence per page:

Kenpachi is on a edge
Kenpachi moves down
Kenpachi says "Dead"
Kenpachi says "Hate"
Kenpachi says "Yeah"
Kenpachi says "That's Right"
Chapter number
Cover, because chapter number and conver cant fit on same page
"Ohnoes the ground is moving and shit!"
We needed MOAR ground! Now at better angle.
And here's another angle just in case you wanted it.
Oh right... Villain intro.
Kenpachi says "You Don't Say"
-- accidental proper page --
Kenpachi says "Well Shit" (whew was worries about the pacing there for a second)
-- ohshit another proper page --
Kenpachi says "Kenpachi" (two page spread to make up for it)

/end summary

-

In all seriousness though I actually enjoyed the chapter. Was fairly amusing and Kenpachi is probably the only character story I care for at this point—which is somewhat ironic.
That took me longer to read than the actual chapter did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
So if his power is exactly as it's described as "I can turn my fantasies into reality" with no other limitations, why not just fantasize a way for kenpachi to die suddenly right here and now? Why bother fighting if you can fantasize his heart stopping or something like that?
Best part is we all know that would be like indigestion to him...
Old 2014-03-25, 11:31   Link #5222
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
And don't be surprised if Ken-chan ends up as the Gotei 13 medic captain after the end of the series... ^_^
that would actually be pretty surprising. it'd also be funny to flash forward 1000 years and have most people know zaraki as the mild-mannered healing captain
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 11:56   Link #5223
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
that would actually be pretty surprising. it'd also be funny to flash forward 1000 years and have most people know zaraki as the mild-mannered healing captain
Whoa, whoa, whoa... Who said anything about mild-mannered? The implication is that Unohana's power is what molded her into being the medic captain. Isane's reaction to him receiving her "name" suggests hope: hope, I'm guessing, for Soul Society as a whole. The two "dead" captains waiting right there to be "healed" also suggests this. But from what we've seen of pre-Gotei Unohana, she had a very different demeanor than Kenpachi did ever. No reason to suggest he will act the same after he gains her power.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-03-25 at 12:06.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 05:15   Link #5224
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

F*cking Bad chapter --' boring me
Old 2014-03-26, 05:15   Link #5225
Meltyred

Another chapter I finished reading before I realised it... again nothing really happens.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 06:04   Link #5226
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

This has to be the most ridiculous ability to balance correctly.
Old 2014-03-26, 06:20   Link #5227
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well.... Kenpachi just get out from that imagination-spam with unexplained way...
is it possible that Kenpachi would teamed up with Yachiru to defeat V?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 06:26   Link #5228
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I totally have no idea what happened this chapter
Old 2014-03-26, 06:59   Link #5229
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I totally have no idea what happened this chapter
a lot of wasted time...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 07:36   Link #5230
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kubo's ability to fill 17 pages with nothing is truly amazing.
Old 2014-03-26, 08:18   Link #5231
SF-A2 Miki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
This has to be the most ridiculous ability to balance correctly.
It CAN'T balanced, that's the ridiculous part. This guy showed the full extent of his ability by literally erasing someone's existence. Instead of simply doing that with Yachiru or Kenpachi he's messing around spawning water and biscuits.

The most dangerous character to ever exist in Bleach is likely going to die with nothing but a team-kill under his belt.
SF-A2 Miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 08:22   Link #5232
Eragon
Pharmercy

Kubo just say if you don't want to do this anymore. Stop torturing yourself like this.

Last edited by Eragon; 2014-03-26 at 09:11.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 08:28   Link #5233
Hiss13
Doctor Trick Yoyo, じいい~

Dammit. The guy with the most dangerous power is going to become nothing but fodder. I'm going to have to cite another series...but, why the hell didn't he just do this:
Quote:
“Die.” As Aureolus Izzard speak, time seemed to stop.

Assassinated, strangled, poisoned, shot, beheaded, slaughtered, hacked, beaten up, burned, nipped, crushed, ganged up, frozen, drowned. No one knew with what method Himegami was to die.

With no wounds, no bleeding and no illness, she simply died.

Like a consumed battery, she was expended. If souls existed, hers was extracted from her flesh, leaving behind an empty shell.

Himegami did not even cry out.
I know he's fully capable. He pretty much did that with the Vizard Captains...
Stupid Pseudo-Ars Magna user is too damn incompetent.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:16   Link #5234
The Green One

You guys are making a big show about crying and screaming about how this latest adversary doesn't just make Kenpachi's heart just spontaneously stop or something along these lines. I guarantee that if he did do something like that and kill Kenpachi in under 3 seconds after the battle started you'll all scream about it even louder.

Seriously if this manga is supposedly so painful to read now then stop. No one is forcing you to do it each week. This is seriously getting old. Not liking something is fine but this level of dramatic caterwauling is just getting sad to watch.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 10:24   Link #5235
Eragon
Pharmercy

Well, someone's salty.

Honestly, its just hard to see a good manga go to shit like this one has. When you care about something, you tend to rage when it starts to ruin.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:27   Link #5236
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Well, someone's salty.

Honestly, its just hard to see a good manga go to shit like this one has. When you care about something, you tend to rage when it starts to ruin.
Going by what you people believe, it's been 'ruined' for ages now, right? What exactly is the point of complaining about it every week?

Personally, if something I like stopped being to my taste, I might complain for a while, but after a while I'd just stop bothering and move on.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 10:33   Link #5237
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Going by what you people believe, it's been 'ruined' for ages now, right? What exactly is the point of complaining about it every week?

Personally, if something I like stopped being to my taste, I might complain for a while, but after a while I'd just stop bothering and move on.
The irony in the world that with most things people will bitch and moan how bad something is then when it's changed or if someone merely utters suggestions of change people will pick up their pitch forks and defend the things they bitched and moan over until then to the death. Because you know, logic and common sense yo.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:35   Link #5238
Eragon
Pharmercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

Hmm, I would guess since, nobody's gonna stop reading so far in the manga that making fun of the inconsistencies and/or contrivances is the only way to enjoy it anymore.
Having said that, there are chapters that are still genuinely good and they do get appropriate responses here. They have just become rare is all.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:38   Link #5239
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
You guys are making a big show about crying and screaming about how this latest adversary doesn't just make Kenpachi's heart just spontaneously stop or something along these lines. I guarantee that if he did do something like that and kill Kenpachi in under 3 seconds after the battle started you'll all scream about it even louder.

Seriously if this manga is supposedly so painful to read now then stop. No one is forcing you to do it each week. This is seriously getting old. Not liking something is fine but this level of dramatic caterwauling is just getting sad to watch.
And you are doing the same thing, except you're complaining about a bunch of guys complaining. No one's “forcing” you to read these posts or even comment on them, just "stop" doing it if it's so painful to read

Some people like to point out bullshit, it's a sort of entertainment. The fact that this chapter contained extreme amounts of it doesn't mean I'll stop reading Bleach, cause I still enjoy the manga, but holy shit does Kubo pull some stupid shitt out of his ass sometimes.
Old 2014-03-26, 11:02   Link #5240
SF-A2 Miki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
These ridiculous powers are the problem. Yes, it would be stupid if he stopped Kenpachi's heart and killed him without any resistance. However I think it's even worse to give a character the ability to do just that and have them just not bother to use it.

There's no reason this sternritter should ever lose a fight. The same goes for Aizen. Kubo just dishes out these broken as hell abilities and ends up in situations where he clearly doesn't know how to move forward without weakening them considerably or ignoring them altogether.

It's become a mess but it's almost over and I need to see how it ends.

On an unrelated note, I'm guessing the fact that Yachiru's bones revert to normal once the sternritter stops thinking about them means those 'dead' captains will come back to life in a similar fashion.

Last edited by SF-A2 Miki; 2014-03-26 at 11:13.
SF-A2 Miki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter