AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-09-04, 11:36   Link #6141
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs1337 View Post
Over the past couple of weeks, Iíve gone from looking forward to each new chapter, from almost forgetting to read them.

The way the arc is going right now has just killed all my interest. The last few chapters have all been so freaking weird and out of context I donít even know whatís going on anymore. Thereís battles being won off-screen, zombies of people we didnít even saw getting killed, zombies fighting captains, Sternritters fighting arrancars, charmed vice-captains fighting captains, everything suddenly just became a huge mess of fights with no real objective.

I think the big thing that ultimately kills my interest off is the fact that this entire war will be decided by one single battle, and that is Ichigo vs Bach. Iím slightly interested in seeing Ishidaís involvement in the plot, and Iím sure whoever fights Hashwalt will get a tough battle, but in the end the other fights arenít really relevant, because if Ichigo can kick Bachís ass, then thereís nothing preventing him from returning to SS and simply wiping out the rest of the Sternritters.

The vice-captains, who are actually some of the more interesting characters in Bleach, have absolutely no purpose at all in this entire arch besides being fodder, and itís so bad that some of the captains are filling this role too.

In the arrancars-arc, many vice-captains got the time to shine thanks to the fraccion being introduced, and during the battle of Karakura town, 4 vice-captains were actually given very important strategic missions (protecting the pillars), making their fights seem both meaningful and important, while the captains fought the real battles in the centre. This is what Iím missing from this current arc, thereís no strategic objectives, just a slugfest to the death, a death match between two sides.

On top of that, we get told that ďit really doesnít matter who lives or diesĒ because Juha Bach gets stronger by all the deaths anyway, even further reducing the importance of these fights.

I wanted to see the bankaiís we have all been waiting for (Shuhei, Ukitake, Hisagi). I wanted to see vice-captains grow (and not just Renji). I wanted to see Chad and Inoue in battle again and actually mattering. I wanted to see Grimmjow, who was teased early on in the arc, but now just forgotten.

It feels to me like Kubo simply doesnít have a plan for this arc. He just sits down every week and draws whatever comes to mind, and he forgets his previous chapters just as easily as he starts on new ones, leaving loose threads and unanswered questions. Iíve lost so much respect for him as an artist, because Bleach used to be my favorite manga of all times, and itís sad to see it reduced to this.
PREACH IT.

The minute I realized that Kubo had no absolute interest in anyone not named Ichigo, Byakuya or Kenny this arc was when I realized that none of my faves will get a chance to shine.

This arc could've been epic but once again, Kubo proves why he's the worst mangaka around, which sucks hard because some of these characters like Ishida, Rukia, Urahara and Yoruichi were some of my alltime favorites. Now it's pretty likely that none of these characters will probably wind up getting a happy ending.

And yeah...no point in being invested when we all know that only Ichigo/Ywach matters. The nakama will just be used as cheerleaders/emotional support.

Now I seriously want Mayuri and Aizen to team up and just kill everyone off.
Old 2014-09-04, 11:39   Link #6142
itachi-san314

is Kubo torturing us on purpose? bleach is starting to feel almost sadistic against the readers
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 11:43   Link #6143
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

All I know is that after seeing Granpa Pepe in his undies with his diaper seriously looking like he's about to take a dump, it's time for me bail.
Old 2014-09-04, 12:00   Link #6144
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
The minute I realized that Kubo had no absolute interest in anyone not named Ichigo, Byakuya or Kenny this arc was when I realized that none of my faves will get a chance to shine.
personality i only care for ichigo..i dong give a f*ck about soul society ( too much time..i don't care anymore )

i was expecting a revolution of normal soul..that was a sub plot..and the "forced disappearances" in the start of this arc was great

Quote:
Kubo proves why he's the worst mangaka around, which sucks hard because some of these characters like Ishida, Rukia, Urahara and Yoruichi were some of my alltime favorites. Now it's pretty likely that none of these characters will probably wind up getting a happy ending.
idk, when kubo want to write something good he can make something "great".

he have a nice touch for "gore" with some "emotional problems" in some of his arcs....and lets not forget some philosophical speeches......but ...the filllers....damn you fillers...

Quote:
Now I seriously want Mayuri and Aizen to team up and just kill everyone off
yes.
well i expect a nice plot hole with aizen bankai that can create a lot of different endings.
because a kubo ending , in his actual state (jump why...) is a no

about this chapter.

filler..just filler.....

hisagi almost made it, byakuya want(considerer) break his new sword...*why would you think/do that?*, zombies vizard.....*sigh* just meat-bags...
..and that "cherubim" ....no...this is a rotund no....filler
Old 2014-09-04, 14:18   Link #6145
ChampDream
Alive

too Boring, it just creepy and with a lot of Zombies
Old 2014-09-04, 14:44   Link #6146
rladls2121

I'm sure Byakuya is mentally suffering while still holding onto his serious face.
He just overcame his fear, I don't know how he can overcome this ugliness though.

These love-controlled shingami and zombie-controlled shingami are.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 17:05   Link #6147
Wandering Soul

This is just so boring that it is feeling like a chore to read.
Old 2014-09-04, 18:17   Link #6148
Random14

Didn't Byakuya restrain a controlled Rukia with a kidou several hundred chapters ago? Another reason this fight feels so unnecessarily long. And now the zombies join in the mind control fight. If this were a better, happier manga, I'd hope Kurotsuchi had cured them so they will rejoin the fight and help out, but it'll probably be Sternritter infighting again. These quincies make almost all the espadas look like loyal comrades in comparison, and the arrancar were more likable in general.

And ugh, not another disgusting power-up form. Well, when even the "cool" characters like Zaraki fall so quickly (after only one fight) gags are the last thing to fall back on. I'd hope for Ichigo's bankai to be shown off, but he'll probably have to be saved by Urahara again. Hisagi should have never gotten that 69 tattoo, its probably bad luck, look at what happened to the last guy. With all the ranting about their powers, wonder how long until they try to categorize all the random quincy powers into representing something, like all the espadas supposedly representing death.
Random14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 19:10   Link #6149
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I'm finding bleach more tolerable than Naruto at this point. Atleast there are things to still look forward too. Like...that blonde arrancar with the boobs
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 19:14   Link #6150
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
I'm finding bleach more tolerable than Naruto at this point. Atleast there are things to still look forward too. Like...that blonde arrancar with the boobs
there's actually quite a lot to look forward to, which is why i still read bleach. i'm sure it will get good and there will be awesome chapters ahead. we just have to wade through this crap to get there for some reason
Old 2014-09-04, 19:18   Link #6151
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Didn't Byakuya restrain a controlled Rukia with a kidou several hundred chapters ago? Another reason this fight feels so unnecessarily long. And now the zombies join in the mind control fight. If this were a better, happier manga, I'd hope Kurotsuchi had cured them so they will rejoin the fight and help out, but it'll probably be Sternritter infighting again. These quincies make almost all the espadas look like loyal comrades in comparison, and the arrancar were more likable in general.
I dunno, they had those black marks on their faces this chapter. That wasn't there before. Plus, when he was "curing" Hitsugaya, he was getting like... eaten by some black energy or something crazy. It might be that the "cure" is just stealing control.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 20:05   Link #6152
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
there's actually quite a lot to look forward to, which is why i still read bleach. i'm sure it will get good and there will be awesome chapters ahead. we just have to wade through this crap to get there for some reason
^Sums up the story of Bleach. For all the complaining and jokes I've made about Bleach...it has always stayed true to itself (fuck logic, swords, sandals and snatch shots). Bar the fullbringers arc I've never actually felt like reading Bleach was a chore. More like eating a bland pizza when you only like the pineapples
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 22:32   Link #6153
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Anyone remember waaay back in the bount filler arc when Kariya tried to stab Ichigo with Zangetsu? I know it was non-canon, but the result made more sense than this...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 12:09   Link #6154
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Anyone remember waaay back in the bount filler arc when Kariya tried to stab Ichigo with Zangetsu? I know it was non-canon, but the result made more sense than this...
Even the filler arc was more entertaining that what we have today. I mean, just look at the villain's actions.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 17:28   Link #6155
Calca
Expressionless

I hate this villain. Get back to the good ones.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 17:32   Link #6156
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Sometimes bleach was like that , when it keep with annoying plot twist , but everytime he went back up . Maybe after those quincy are all death , the Arc will became good. I actually enjoyed this arc till the qunicy second apparition .
Old 2014-09-10, 08:18   Link #6157
Reticia

Sooo
Spoiler:
Old 2014-09-10, 08:45   Link #6158
Death Usagi
Banned

lol dat reaction face by the love fatass when Kurotsuchi said "my zombies don't know meaning of love" was hilarious XD
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 10:32   Link #6159
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticia View Post
Sooo
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-09-10 at 11:34.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 10:50   Link #6160
itachi-san314

not a bad chapter. the end of this stuff is coming a little quicker than i thought.

Tags
bleach, chapter